Horizon Drilling

Horizon Drilling Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Negative
Derrickhand (Former Employee), Nisku, ABApril 26, 2015
Pros: Payday
Cons: Insurmountable
A typical day was highlighted by are engineer or consultant destroying us morally and spiritually as well as put is in and expect us to work in harms way all the time, the best part was pay day and hardly worth it, management proved to be extremely shady and unproductive, the hardest part was being smarter than most of the guys I was with. I learned how to swallow my pride there for sure.
Good pay and good benefits
Floor hand (Former Employee), Leduc, ABMarch 5, 2015
They had a really good RRSP plan and safety awards plan. They give money out for completing hazard assessments and the general pay is great.
rig work
Leasehand (Former Employee), Leduc, ABJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: good money
Cons: short hitch
typical rig work, cleaning and taking care of other workers.
Get your fit and you will love it
Roughneck/Leasehand (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABNovember 25, 2014
Great company, great management. I filled in on several rigs and I found I was a good fit with some crews and not so much with others. However, the office goes out of their way to help you if you are a good worker and I found a great rig with a great crew.

I will also mention that problems are fixed very quickly. One of my pays didn't go in my account in error, and within a couple hours of notifying the office I had my money. Things happen, but it's how they're fixed is when you see how good a company is.

If you've never worked on a rig before, you better be in shape!
Its Rig life
Floor Hand (Former Employee), Leduc, ABNovember 14, 2014
Its rig life
good perspective on what work really is!
And for this I thank them
and i will take this work ethic where ever i go next
hard working environment/ fast paced
Derrick (Former Employee), Nisku, ABApril 7, 2014
Pros: my crew
hard working environment/ fast paced
tight deadlines
always stayed busy
Rough Neck (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABApril 27, 2013
Pros: crew cab, paid for fleights in and out of job site, free lunches with camp job. good pay cheques
Cons: long hours, stressful, minimal to no breaks some day.
come in connect pipe, and clean rig, make meals for driller and help derrickhand mix. or trip out or in which is all you do on your full 12 hour shifts exceept for flow check.

hardest part would be the weather, working in -45 isnt considered fun. most co-workers were good, I get along with pretty much everyone. some where mean to my dummy roughneck and made him cry but i kept him ina a normal state of mind and didn't let anyone pick on him for no reason, I stick up for my crew, out there its our second family from home.

Best part is either sleep or coming home :D
great place to work
motor hand (Former Employee), Leduc, ABApril 26, 2013
Pros: my manager was a great guy
Cons: 7 am to 7 pm
horizon drilling is a good company i learn a lot from them who gonna serve me in the future there was not any hard thing at horizon during my time working them
the most enjoyable time was my co-worker