Operations Manager, Field Operations
The Purchasing Assistant plays a vital role in the company’s ‘procure to pay’ process, being responsible for the initial steps of purchase order generation and processing of receiving’s for both daily operating expenses and capital expenditures. Located in the company’s field office, it is a position that liaises frequently with operational personnel, such as rig managers and field superintendents, as well as those individuals responsible for capital projects and finance personnel in the Calgary head office. The person in this role demonstrates a proactive approach and initiative when handling purchase orders and receiving’s to ensure that all tasks are handled efficiently, professionally and in a timely manner.
The Field Purchasing Assistant is energetic, polished, professional, and independent, with excellent interpersonal skills. This person must be highly organized, with excellent time management skills, strong attention to detail and a demonstrated ability to handle duties that are repetitive in nature.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Review manual purchase orders prepared by rig managers for completeness and ensure that proper authority approval is in place
- Enter manual purchase orders in the Dynamics GP purchasing module and create the related receiving batch
- Generate electronic purchase orders for field superintendents and other office personnel as required, ensuring that proper authority approval is secured
- Liaise regularly with the purchase order requisitioner to determine if the goods and/or services have been received
- Process receiving’s for field office purchase orders, creating the receiving’s batch
- Submit receiving’s batches to the Accounts Payable department in head office for processing
- Liaise with Finance staff in head office to resolve any purchase order/receiving issues and to meet month-end deadlines
- Perform other duties as required
Specific Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Grade 12 graduate with preference given to those with some post-secondary education in a related field
- 1 – 3 years of data entry experience, preferably in the oilfield services industry
- Introductory accounting knowledge, particularly with a demonstrated understanding of the purchase order process
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics GP not required, but would be considered an asset
- Solid MS Office skills, including Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Excellent interpersonal skills, particularly when dealing with field personnel
- Strong time management skills, multitasking skills, and the ability to prioritize tasks with minimal supervision and to handle repetitive tasks
- Professional, responsive, and positive work attitude is essential
Indeed - 5 months ago
Horizon Drilling offers a fleet of 11 technically advanced drilling rigs with depth capability ranging from 650 meter surface hole pre-set t...