The Supervisor, Contracts Administration is located in the Calgary office. The role provides leadership to our Contracts Administration team, and oversees the timely and effective preparation and management of contracts for Horizon Drilling rigs. Working closely with all functional departments, the Supervisor, Contracts Administration plays a key role in ensuring contract agreements and associated activities are in accordance with all applicable codes and standards, including all of Horizon’s policies and procedures. He/she will assess the risks associated with new and existing contracts and make continuous improvement suggestions to maximize the Company's financial and operational performance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervise the timely preparation, review and distribution of all drilling contracts and supporting correspondence by the Contracts Administrators
- Ensure deadlines are met in a timely manner
- Establish and maintain proper historical files for all drilling contracts and correspondence for successful and unsuccessful bid activity
- Prepare and distribute statistics to Management and other departments on a regular basis
- Prepare and maintain operating day schedules and record repayment schedules for long term contract commitments
- Reconcile and report operating day schedules for customers as required
- Assist with the preparation of quarterly reports required for Board meetings
- Work closely with the Billings Manager to ensure proper documentation is established and maintained to support accurate revenue flow
- Prepare a variety of daily, weekly and monthly reports
- Research and recommend best practices and contract process improvements
- Assess and evaluate the risks associated with new and existing contracts.
- Monitor contract renewal dates and prepare for their replacement or renewal.
- Analyse current processes and streamline as necessary
- Assist in other related projects as necessary
Specific Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Degree in Business Management, Administration or other relevant discipline preferred
- 10+ Drilling industry experience with 3-5 years supervisory experience
- 3+ years billings experience preferred
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Basic knowledge of contract laws and regulations
- Ability to interpret contractual agreements
- Strong mentorship, communication, and people management skills
- Takes initiative and is highly detail oriented
- Deadline driven and able to effectively multi-task
- Must maintain confidentially at all times
- Ability to interact effectively with employees at different responsibility levels in the Company
- Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work with others to achieve results
Horizon Drilling offers a fleet of 11 technically advanced drilling rigs with depth capability ranging from 650 meter surface hole pre-set...