Title: Intermediate Accountant
Job Type: Full Time
City: Edmonton, AB
Hopewell Residential is a fully integrated company engaging in the pursuit of residential market leadership. Hopewell Residential consists of Hopewell Residential Communities and Sabal Homes, two strong organizations recognized as leaders in land development, residential and multi-family construction.
Hopewell stands for excellence, motivation, and collaboration. We have a passion to lead and a culture that rewards those who give their best. We understand that our employees are the backbone of our business. Hopewell Residential prides itself on being a leader in the community development, housing development, and real estate industry through the passionate pursuit of excellence, with the goal of creating the world’s most sought after communities and homes.
Hopewell Residential currently has an opening for an Intermediate Accountant to join the team within the housing division. This position will report directly to the Controller.
- This position will be responsible for full cycle accounting;
- Prepare, post and collect inter-company invoices, including our multifamily division;
- Prepare monthly and annual financial statements;
- Prepare year end Lead sheets;
- Preparation and entry of journal entries;
- Prepare monthly budgets and cash forecasts;
- Account analysis and reconciliations, including bank statements and inter-company entries;
- Liaise and maintain professional external communication with client, auditors, etc.;
- Preparation of monthly draws on financing;
- Preparation of monthly GST returns;
- Assist with project budget preparation and cash forecasting;
- Assist with project approval reports;
- Monitor and control trade contractor insurance and WCB clearance;
- Monitor and manage cash on a daily basis;
- Update department policies and procedures;
- Handle vendor/trade inquiries;
- Legal Liaison for single family and multifamily Edmonton;
- Preparation and review of single family and multifamily possession packages;
- Participate as a team member within HRM, department team meetings and events;
- Additional duties and responsibilities as assigned;
- Hold a degree or diploma in Commerce, Business Administration, or equivalent discipline;
- 3-7 years of full-cycle accounting experience;
- Professional Accounting designation in progress and/or near completion (CGA, CMA, CA, CPA), is preferred;
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.) applications;
- Previous experience with Microsoft Dynamics GP/Great Plains is considered an asset;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Excellent internal and external client relations skills;
- Self-directed, detail-oriented, optimistic, professional;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Enthusiastic, professional , and team focused individual;
- Ability to take initiative, organize and meet time sensitive deadlines;
Traditional core working hours are Monday to Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm. Work may require
occasional weekends and/or evenings.
Indeed - 18 months ago
Hopewell Residential is a fully integrated company engaging in the pursuit of residential market leadership. Hopewell Residential consists...