Hope Mission Employee Reviews

Great Staff, Terrible Management
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB25 July 2016
People you work with are awesome, but the management is downright terrible. They get away with a lot because they're non-profit. Lots of pockets are padded and no upper manager is except from this..even the ones who pretend to be on your side. Be willing to give them ANY type of favor and they'll reward you for it.
Pros
Free lunches downtown
Cons
Terrible managers
Great place to work with children
CHILD AND YOUTH COUNSELLOR & SOCIAL WORKER (Former Employee) –  Entwistle, Alberta16 March 2015
We would have breakfast, lunch and dinner with children and other camp activities. Do life with them and raise them. The children are from underprivileged homes so it is very demanding. We prioritize the well being and safety of the children in hopes that they may be healed from pasts hurts and pains in order to have a bright future.
Pros
Free lodging, food, services
Good, safe work environment
Night Shift Intake Worker (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB18 September 2014
Hope Mission takes care of their staff and anyone who is in need that walks through the doors. Working night shift, we had to deal with the drunk, tired, grumpy people, but it was a great feeling getting to put a smile on their faces.
Pros
good pay, benefits
Cons
long hours, hard mentally
Fun job to work for
Intake lead hand (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB6 August 2014
A great job that I enjoyed doing, as I was helping people on a daily basis and trying to help them get off of the streets, I was there for 3 years and enjoyed everyday of it.
Pros
Helping Others
Cons
Long hours, Nights
An Amazing Place in Downtown Edmonton
Woman's Addition and Kitchen Worker (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB15 May 2014
My typical day at work would include working in the woman's addiction facility. I would counsel the ladies and help facilitate the classes. The program is based on the 12 steps and 7 principles. I learned so much while working in this program, I can't even begin to explain. The hardest part of the job would be when one of the ladies relapsed. I had a connection with these ladies while they were in the program and it was hard to see them go through that. The most enjoyable part was their graduation. Seeing them walk proudly on stage, declaring this sobriety. It was great. The second part of my job was working in the Hope Mission kitchen. I would help the kitchen staff with preparing and serving the food everyday. I would be able to have conversations with some of the clients but it wasn't as often as I would have liked. Hope Mission is doing some amazing work in downtown Edmonton, if you have an opportunity to volunteer I know that it would be a great experience for you.
Hope Mission
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB1 May 2014
Good place to work lots of really great people to associate with
Fun way to gain all around expierence
Leader (Former Employee) –  Evansburg, AB31 December 2013
From, cleaning, cooking, to serving, learning that there are standards to be fulfilled. Helping younger ones out, teaching them new skills, managing their needs. Hardest part was waking up at 7am to cook for a whole campsite, easiest and most fun part was sitting down and eating for our break.
Pros
Fun
Cons
2 weeks volenteering
Great people with good humors and just all around positive
Kitchen Hand Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB22 July 2013
I enjoyed my time there, the people are great and nothing seems to get them down no matter the situation.