Hope Mining Corporation is currently seeking a skilled Heavy Duty Maintenance Technician to join our team in Likely, BC. We are a mining company focused on placer gold. We have many claims in North BC area. The Heavy Duty Maintenance Technician will be responsible for various maintenance activities common to placer gold mining operation and the associated loading, hauling, and support equipment.
- Troubleshoot, diagnose, and repair large mobile mining equipment common to placer gold mine
- Service and repair equipment in the field
- Actively participate in various safety activities
- Perform Preventative Maintenance inspections and Preventative Maintenance services
- Actively participate in continuous improvement initiatives
- Communicate effectively and professionally with other team members.
- Teach and supervise other workers about routine maintenance activities.
- May perform other related duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 3 year experience as a heavy duty equipment mechanic in a placer gold mine or related field
- Experience with CAT, KOBELCO, HITACHI heavy equipment and / or other mining equipment is an asset
- Must have the ability to troubleshoot engine, transmission & hydraulic issues
- Willingness to work in adverse conditions
- Self-motivated, team player with a positive attitude and the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Overtime may be required.
- May use your own vehicle to travel between different mining sites.