Hooper Holmes

Hooper Holmes Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Very organized
Field examiner (Former Employee), Halifax NSApril 30, 2013
Great employeer to work for, organized. Family orientated.
Great company to work for
Mobile Field Examiner (Current Employee), All around NorthumberlandNovember 14, 2012
My job with Hooper Holmes is a self employment job so that means I can schedule my own hours.
business oriented workplace
Teleinterviewer (Current Employee), Lenexa, KSMarch 19, 2014
Quite business atmosphere in a friendly environment, typically a general call center environment.
Customer Service
Customer Service (Former Employee), Overland Park, KSFebruary 18, 2014
Responsible for contacting insurance applicants for a telephone interview to capture the potential insurer’ medical history information. Also responsible for scheduling “Portamedic Inc.” exams for various insurance companies.
Extremly flexible
Examiner (Current Employee), Garden Grove, CAFebruary 11, 2014
Pros: flexibility
Cons: not steady
This is a great company to work for if you need flexibility and great compensation.
Great place to work.
Examiner (Current Employee), San Diego, CAJanuary 1, 2014
Great place to work for extra cash and experience. Management is helpful and friendly.
Productive work place with flexiblilty in schedual
HEALTH AND WELLNESS SPECIALIST (Current Employee), NJDecember 1, 2013
Cons: non
Great company to work for flexible work schedules great past fast paced environments.
Boring
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Lenexa, KSNovember 18, 2013
Pros: weekly pay check
Cons: short lunch, policy/rules changed often which was confusing, management made work environment very tense at times
Typical Day: boring, wasn't very rewarding

Learned how to be more patient

Management was incompetent, wasn't knowledgeable of product, petty, annoying...

co-workers....they were cool

Hardest part of job was showing up

Most enjoyable part was lunch break and leaving for the day
The company used to be great, but it was sold in October of 2013
Customer Accounting Specialist (Current Employee), Basking Ridge, NJNovember 12, 2013
Pros: free breakfasts on wednesdays
Cons: healthcare is very expensive
I work at HH for 5 years; learned a lot: to work with different accounting software, research deducted cases and get required information. Enjoyed working with my co-workers; all of them are wonderful people.
Very professional and friendly company to work for
Portamedic (Current Employee), Broomall, PANovember 10, 2013
Pros: make my own schedule
Cons: entering the home of people i don't know
A typical day is what I make it since I make my own schedule. I have the amazing opportunity to meet so many different people from many different walks of life. I can honestly say there is nothing hard about my job except finding the addresses of my clients. Other than that, I enjoy everything about it.
Great place to work if you love indenpendent work.
Phlebotomist (Current Employee), KSOctober 23, 2013
I think this is a great organization, You can travel to different locations daily and meet great people all while doing what you love.
Nice people to work with
Staff Accountant (Current Employee), Basking Ridge, NJ 07920October 10, 2013
Pros: near to home.
Cons: not much benefits
Always busy,, very cooperative co-worker, like a team. always something new to learn
Business Analyst
Business/System Analyst (Current Employee), Basking Ridge, NJSeptember 25, 2013
Typical day check email, decide how many meeting for the day and coordinate the project depends on the phase of the project. If i am Initial phase i would start documenting requirement and coordinate with SME. Implementation phase I would coordinate with developer and write test cases.
The good thing about my job.
Medical Assistant/Lab Assistant (Current Employee), Irving, TXSeptember 14, 2013
The thing I like about working for Hooper Holmes which is Paramedic Medical, is the manager she's a very good person, she work with, she's explain things when I don't understand them. I work on my own, like going to patient house take the vital sign, take blood, and do the medical examinetion. to me it's a very good job.
The hardest part about the job – more... is driving to the patient house, because of the trafic it could be very fustreded . I enjoy working with the patient they very nice people. – less
Excellent Customers
Territory Operations Manager (Current Employee), Braintree, MaSeptember 11, 2013
Pros: management
Cons: benefits
Busy office, with multiple phone lines. Customer issues that are escalated to management.
nice company to wrk for hard to get in to work
Medical screener (Current Employee), novi michiganJuly 31, 2013
Pros: meet alot of people
Cons: hard to get in t o work
nice to work for them I got to meet people although its a contracted job work is not deffinate
Great place to work while furthering your education
Paramedical Examiner (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLJuly 16, 2013
Pros: making your own schedule
Cons: the pay is not that good
you get to make your own schedule. which i love the most. coworkers are extra friendly and you really feel comfortable working with them. you dont have someone leaning over you watching your every move but you do have full responsiblity to make sure you get YOUR job done. bascially your your own manager.
independent work i love how i work in multiple envorments
Phlebotomist/ Paramedical Examiner (Current Employee), new york ( i travel multiple locations)May 6, 2013
Pros: you make your own schedule
Cons: no benefits
as an indepent contractor you go to clients homes and perfom a medical exams (take blood,urine,and saliva specimens), vitals,EKG as requested. It is an awesome experience and i meet some very nice people. I enjoy working with the management team because they are very professional and helpful although they are not present, they are just a very quick – more... phone call or email away. However the position is not extremly challenging but you have to stay on top of your organizational skills, paper work, and professionalism skills at all times which can be a challenge at times. Mostly because paramedical examiners dont work in a formal business setting you travel to the clients house and it is a more personal setting however you cant forget that your a professional in a personal enviroment. – less
Great Company to work for
Customer Service Regional supervisor (Former Employee), Houston, TXMay 3, 2013
Pros: paid birthdays and winning little battles between branches
Cons: over time
typical work day was to go into work, taking calls from agent,brokers and promoters, Called applicants to schedule appointments, to get missing information, also called doctors and clinics to get required infromation.I learned a lot about the insurance business the pros and cons. I enjoyed most of my co workers.calming angry applicants and agents because – more... of missing infromation and declined benefits. I git the chance to meet examiners talk to clinic personnel and also get to know applicants. – less
Good Learning Experience
Internal Auditor (Former Employee), Basking Ridge, NJApril 22, 2013
Good Learning experience.

It was a nice place to work.

Pay and vacation were fair.