Hooper Holmes Canada Limited Employee Reviews

Awful Employer
Mobile Field Examiner (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON15 May 2017
Hooper is horrible to work for.
They often miscalculate your pay - and refuse to correct it. Cannot say enough about how awful my - and others experiences were.
Pros
Cons
Not flexible like they claim, often short pay, disrespectful, disorganized
22 June 2017

I'm sorry that your experience wasn't a pleasant one at Hooper Holmes. This is not typically the case, I’m not sure what has happened in your situation. We have over 1000 HP working for us and over half of them have 5 years worth of tenure with Hooper Holmes. If you feel that you have been mistreated I recommend that you contact us at info@hooperholmes.ca and ask to speak to HO management.

Decent workplace
Medical Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 March 2017
It is a decent place to work in
However, it gets stressful at times
Co-workers are friendly.
Most supervisors are helpful
Pros
friendly co-workers
Cons
long hours, minimum wage
22 June 2017

Thank you for the feedback much appreciated,

In regards to the minimum wage, this is only during the training period. After each interviewer passes training and gets up to speed the compensation changes. As an interviewer, we try to work with each individual to provide a good work-life balance.

Management,

Work as much as you want or as little as you want
Mobile Examiner (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK23 February 2017
It can be easy money. Or you can really work for your money. One appointment might take 25 min and the exact same appointment type can take you 3 hours and get paid the same $28.

You are your own boss. The office staff are demanding and not in a good way.

If you tell them you are on holidays and they need clarification on something you wrote on a paramedical like what tid means, they will call you.

The office manager can be a massive pain.

If you speak up or complain your case load will go down.
Pros
Freedom
Cons
Low pay, Office staff, huge turn over, They are all friends or are related. Wear and tear on your car, Low mile mileage rate
22 June 2017

It is difficult to gauge each appointment time.

In regards to your other comments, thank you for sharing, we do take these comments as learning opportunities.

I wish you the best in your next endeavors

Bad management
Telephone Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON29 December 2016
Hooperholmes is a good company to start with if you're desperate for work. As a student the job is alright because hours are flexible and the people are pretty OK. The reason why I give this company low ratings is because the management is HORRIBLE and working as a tele-interviewer is LOW PAY. I do not recommend this job because there is absolutely no growth and you're better off working as a server at McDonalds because the pay is lower than minimum wage at times. The amount of work does not amount to what is reflected on paychecks.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
LOW PAY basically minimum wage
27 June 2017

Sorry your experience was not what you were looking for. In this organization you do have the potential to grow, many of our managers, supervisors, team leads, coaches and trainers have all come from within the business. As a tele-interviewer, the compensation model starts at minimum wage for beginners and you work your way up.

We wish you the best,

Management,

Great place to get some experience
Case Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC16 May 2016
It is a good started job for someone who is looking to get some experience; however, there is a very limited chance of advancement and the low pay is hard to survive on.
Same as below
Medical examiner for Insurance Co (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 January 2016
The hardest part of the job is, stress travelling from one client to the other, pressure facing traffic and weather conditions.
The most enjoyable part is meeting new people daily , and controling my daily schedule.
Pros
Control over the work schedule
22 June 2017

In this position, you are an independent contractor (meaning being your own boss) which comes with a lot of perks and benefits. Arriving on time at appointments can be difficult at times for sure.

As an independent contractor, you get to select your hours of work and contribution to the company. Thank you for the positive feedback.

Management,

Good company to start with it. I enjoy to work with this company.
Portamedic / Independent Contractor (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB12 July 2015
Good company to start with it. I enjoy to work with this company.Enjoy working with this company. This is good if someone like to make extra money income. I am happy to be working here.

Much appreciated!

Poor Management
Case Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB31 March 2015
The management only wanted to talk about her private and personal life instead of work.

On a typical day I would make/take calls and send out kits to applicants applying for insurance and I would also send out ECG machines to examiners who needed one.
Pros
small office
Cons
always got the late hours
22 June 2017

It is sad that you felt the way you did, we will review the situation internally. I can also understand not getting the hours you were looking for but it is natural that newcomers in any organization don't have the perfect shift. With time in an organization, you get to earn perks and seniority.

Thank you for your input and wish you the best!

Nice Place to work
Recruiter & Trainer (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC5 March 2015
Enjoyed the work and colleagues - gained a lot of valuable experience.

Good support staff and everyone cross trained which was great when another person was off or ill.
Rewarding Work Environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON4 February 2015
Great organization to work for, very rewarding job. Outgoing easy to get a long with and superiors. On the job training PSW duties. All training and certificates required for health field and psw provided.
stressful but ready to work everyday
Manager (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC14 January 2015
This was a very stressful job. A typical day was from 8:30 to 5:00. You are on the phone all day dealing with clients. We did mobile medical exams for the insurance industry. You learn very quickly to be patient and most importantly to fix the problem. I thankfully had a good team who put their hearts and soul into their job. Every once in a while, someone would compliment one of the employees for their efficient and excellent work. This was most gratifying as usually people tend to complain when something goes wrong rather than compliment when something goes right.
Pros
Pizza day once a month, free Walmart gift cards on Christmas $300
Cons
the salary
22 June 2017

In this job it does take a lot of work, people management, customer complaints, all in all, it is exciting since you really need to use your problem-solving skills and not one problem is the same so it keeps you on your toes.

Thanks,

Medical Field Examiner
Medical Field Examiner (Current Employee) –  London, ON19 July 2014
• Receive, document and store customer information.
• Coordination of client appointments for physical examination and personal interview
• Phlebotomy
• Collection and preparation of blood and urine samples
• ECG and transmission
• Collection of client information and medical history, ship documentation and labs
• Training of employees
• Facilitate new protocol and standards for processes
Pros
Flexible Schedule
Cons
Can not depend on job for steady income.
Introduction Learning
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB19 February 2014
This position was great to start into the administration field in the medical department.
pas de sécurité d'emploi.
infirmier auxiliaire (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC21 October 2013
avec une meilleure sécurité d'emploi, ce travail serait idéal.
23 June 2017

Merci de vos commentaires.

La sécurité de l’emploi en tant que travailleur autonome est toujours difficile à gérer, mais pour assurer la sécurité de l’emploi, le professionnel de la santé devrait fournir beaucoup de disponibilité, compléter les dossiers dans un délai raisonnable et augmenter sa distance de déplacement. C’est un moyen sûr pour rester occuper chez Hooper Holmes Canada.

La direction.