Hooper-Holmes Canada is recognized as the industry leader in providing risk assessment services for the Canadian Life and Health Insurance industry. Our primary business includes collecting medical evidence and background information through our network of company owned branches, skilled and experienced staff, professional Mobile Field Examiners, and multilingual call centres. Our services include mobile paramedical exams, tele-interviewing, inspections, APS (Attending Physician's Statements) collection, and other related services.
Our customer base is diverse and includes virtually all Life and Health Insurance Carriers in Canada, along with the vast network of independent and career Advisors, Brokerages, and MGA’s.
Learn more about our company at www.hooperholmes.ca
We have a current opening for the position of:
Business Development Consultant, Atlantic Region
Located preferably in Halifax or Dartmouth, the BDC will be responsible for promoting our wide array of services to existing and new customers throughout the region of Atlantic Canada (Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, Prince Edward Island Newfoundland), with primary focus on Corporate and Independent Agencies/Advisors, MGA’s and other Regional based accounts.
The mandate includes building the Atlantic regions business through: developing new and strengthening current Customer relationships, selling and promoting programs and promotions, and prospecting new accounts. The BDC will work very closely with our local Operations team as well as with our National Sales Team and other Corporate resources. The BDC will also represent our company at various Industry and customer events throughout the region.
This is a demanding role of which will require the ability to accommodate frequent travel and on occasion availability for evenings/weekends.
Skills and Character
- Results oriented with a proven record of achieving and exceeding assigned targets and objectives.
- Positive, energetic and motivated individual who embraces the culture of service excellence.
- Professional and ethical in nature with the inherent ability to self manage and work both independently and as part of a team.
- Effective presentation, communication and time management skills.
- Confident and comfortable dealing with existing Customers and prospecting for new.
- A natural ability to connect with the market through networking and exposure.
- Highly organized, keenly focused and a high work ethic.
- 2-3 years of business development / account management in a territory sales role, in a service environment (preferred)
- Knowledge of the Insurance industry and/or Medical experience preferred however not mandatory.
- Bilingual French is an asset
- Secondary education preferred.
- Aptitude for, and skills with, utilizing a variety of computer / IT based systems and processes, including MS Office.
- Use of a personal car, along with a clean driver’s license is required. Expenses reimbursed
- Must be willing to travel throughout the Atlantic Region