Honeywell Employee Reviews in Canada

A global company with a very good product and great local people.
Project Manager, Building Systems Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABJuly 15, 2013
The hours are long and the the working conditions can be brutal but the pay is good and the local workers are very friendly.

But in typical "global company" fashion, the bigger they get locally, the more impersonal and detached management gets.
Pros
great pay, flexible work hours.
Cons
management is cold and indifferent.
Production Technician (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 7, 2013
• Programmed and set up PTH, VCD, RLI and MTM machines to place electronic components on printed circuit boards
• Tested the functions of the products using ICT system and the related application
Very good company to work for
Various Temp Agencies(assemble gas meters) (Former Employee) –  Woodstock,OntarioJune 30, 2013
Enjoyed working at honeywell management is very good.I have know comlaints at all about working for this company.
Pros
very good atmossphere
Cons
great place to work
Learnt a lot from a challenging and fast-paced environment
Marketing Graphic Artist (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCJune 13, 2013
I worked for the marketing department of a multinational corporation. My boss and half of the team were based in the United States, so we used to meet thru videoconferences once a week to review the pipeline, assign new projects and discuss issues. We had a challenging workload with tight deadlines but being busy was great for me. I learnt to manage my time to work on several projects at the same time and deal proactively with priorities. Our team was great because we used to support each other. Personally, I used to get complex projects because I’m detail oriented, organized, dynamic, resourceful and responsible.
Pros
continued education and training
Cons
the corporation is specializing in acquisitions, which means layoffs will remain.
Something are good to learn
Service (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 31, 2013
Very good in "lean concept"
I had learn "Six Sigma" green blet program
I had learn safety is main concern in manufacture
Most my co-workers are fun to work with
Pros
once a while had small victory
Cons
uncertainty future
Work day
Electrical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMarch 26, 2013
 Tested and analyzed the performance and reliability of Honeywell Environmental Control Systems for aerospace
 Performed preventative maintenance and calibration of the above mentioned equipment and systems.
 Identified and resolved equipment malfunctions, working with manufacturers and field representatives as necessary to procure replacement parts
 Maintained system logs and manuals to document testing and operation of equipment
 Provide engineering support and recommendations for new and existing equipment
 Assist in inspecting, testing and adjusting electronic components
sometimes it is difficult to fit in the group,
Director, Marketing & Business Development, (Former Employee) –  MontrealMarch 6, 2013
A US company established in Canada
sometimes too much travelling
Honeywell
Laborer/Packaging (Former Employee) –  Stratford, Ontario, CanadaMarch 4, 2013
The company went through a lot of up's and down's while I was there and it got to the point where they were pushing us out the door before they closed. Especially there were a lot of lies being told from management to the employee's. But altogether pay was good, got hectic at some points but managed to do my job according to standards.
Pros
the pay and benefits
Cons
the management
Great experience every day
Manufacturing Project Leader (Current Employee) –  Montreal, QCFebruary 21, 2013
This is a school, you are in a very challenging and ambitious company. You learn every day, every hour. Your metrics push you to be better. Opportunities to communicate and diversify your knowledge are countless
If you are a workaholic who wants to work for a world class company, this is the place to be.
Pros
learning, flexible working hours
Cons
frequent pressure and long working hours.
Honeywell inc
Assembly and Test Technician (Former Employee) –  Mississauga OntJanuary 24, 2013
Nice work place.
Mississauga
Friendly Employees
High Security
Nice Salary
Good benifits
Administrative Assistant - Contract
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJanuary 19, 2013
This was my first step into the industrial side of work. I truly enjoyed working with all the sub-contractors and trades men. Very interesting work and gave me a perspective on accuracy and organization.
Pros
experience
Cons
n/a
Hard worker and fun to play Badminton.
Instrumentation and Control Technician (Current Employee) –  KuwaitJanuary 18, 2013
I enjoy my everyday work and continuously learning especially in the technical job. I learned a lot especially on Engineering job. In our management is a quite good and about my co-workers they are friendly. The hardest part of the job is when we are working continuously without a day off and more than 12 hours a day. The most enjoyable part of the job is when we are in loop checking and commissioning and we will see the plant is running smoothly.
Pros
free lunch when at site.
Cons
more than 12 hours a day when on site.
responsibility with a easy going environment
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Calgary ABJanuary 17, 2013
As the location i was in we where in the life safety of air cuality we have to be very careful and precice on the transportation and handeling of the sensors, there is deadlines but we where usualy ahead of schedule makeing it ery low presure.
Pros
small victories.
Cons
parking lot far away fromt he work place
fun workplace
Electronic Assembler (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, OntarioDecember 27, 2012
Focus on our jobs and learning new things everyday. Management is really great because they always available for any problems or suggestion we might have. Co-worker are nice to work with friendly and helpful. The hardest part of the job is when there isn't enough jobs to go around. The most enjoyable part of the jobs is meeting new people and learning new things everyday
Got to learn a lot of interesting things.
Software Verification Engineer (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONDecember 15, 2012
I was asked to test software by following steps written in test cases and look for bugs.
The people working there were very friendly and helpful.
Learnt to use flight simulator software.
A productive company,
Shipper/Receiver/Machine/Operator/Assembler (Former Employee) –  Scarborough onNovember 13, 2012
Honeywell was a great place to work for, there was always room for improvement. They encouraged everyone to further educate themself
by providing courses after hours. Also they promoted extra curriculum activities, like baseball, volleyball and even a hockey team. Which often resulted in close friendships with your co-workers and a great working relationship. The hardest part of my job, I would say is when the plant closed down. The most enjoyable part was working with a great bunch of people.
Pros
was a very clean and safe work place
Cons
plant moved to hungary
Great atmosphere, and fair work hours.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Markham, ONNovember 5, 2012
Great staff that are always willing to help. Management is always willing to accommodate to your needs for scheduling. The workload is beyond fair and the encourage over-time.
Pros
they encourage over-time
Cons
small lunch room
A good learning place
Control System Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, Ontario.October 19, 2012
• The work day was never typical.
• I was trained and learned on the Honeywell DCS and FSC.
• The management communicated well with workers.
• The co-workers were all helpful and good to get along with.
• The hardest part of the work was the travelling.
• The most enjoyable part of the work was a succesful project
completion
Pros
intresting work
Cons
too much travel.
Customer Service Rep
Customer Support Operations (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCSeptember 21, 2012
Working in the Aerospace field for the past 20 years handling a superior customer for all their orders through Honeywell Aerospace division for the OEM production for new aircraft and aftermarket orders for aircraft already in service.
Able to work under pressure when customer requested urgent expedites and any orders for aiacrafts that was on ground.
Experience into the Avionic & Mechanical field in regards to planning deliveries.

Great team player with my co-workers

All our posistions been transfer to new Customer Service rep in Puerto Rico.

Enjoy coming to work every day, and was able to work from home.
Great employe satisfaction.
Pros
working from home brought employe satisfaction
Cons
long hours - because dealing with the honeywell sites in the usa
New experience.
Co-op Placement (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 14, 2012
A typical day at work would start off by updating sales from the day before, continuing on with regular routines. This was a co-op placement, so I was only at this job for a couple of hours a day. I had met new people, and it was something I will never forget. The hardest part of the job was waking up early to go to it, I had to be there for 7:30am. The part that I enjoyed the most, is the number of skills I had learned and the things I learned about myself.
Cons
early hours