Honeywell Employee Reviews in Canada

Great atmosphere and wonderful work force.
Operating engineer and Hydrofluoric Acid Operator (Current Employee) –  Amherstburg, ONOctober 24, 2013
Safe and self sufficient place to work, great work force that allows decisions to be concluded to the best of the employees abilities. As an employee we were well informed and identified on everyday routines. Co-workers were happy and appreciative of their current job titles.
Great place to work, learned a great deal in a short space of time especially about implementing Lean
Purchasing (Former Employee) –  CanadaOctober 5, 2013
Working under Honeywell's management operating system based on the Toyota production system is both challenging and fulfilling but definitely an education
Pros
great education in lean
Cons
limited scope for career advancement
Assembler
Assembler (Former Employee) –  ONSeptember 23, 2013
Perform quality checks on products and parts.
Package finished products and prepare them for shipment.
Rotate through all the tasks required in a particular production process.
Fun to work
Senior Advance Engineer (Electronics HW) (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, Ont, CanadaSeptember 16, 2013
We are building a world that’s safer and more secure, more comfortable and energy efficient, more innovative and productive.
Our Company Text Size:
Honeywell is a Fortune 100 company that invents and manufactures technologies to address some of the world’s toughest challenges linked to global macrotrends such as energy efficiency, clean energy generation, safety and security, globalization and customer productivity. With approximately 132,000 employees worldwide, including more than 22,000 engineers and scientists, we have an unrelenting focus on performance, quality, delivery, value and technology in everything we make and do.
Pros
great
Cons
n/a
Great place to work.
Completed Apprenticeship Training (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke ONSeptember 10, 2013
Unfortunate to be layed off.
Really enjoyed working there.
Protototype shop.
A very organized place to work.
Electronic assembler (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABSeptember 6, 2013
Well run and managed place to work for and also very good training
procedures.I learnt a lot there.
Family and helpful atmosphere. Poor work life balance
Manufacturing Supply Chain Analyst (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJuly 19, 2013
Work too long for the wages they pay. However many oppotunities to advance your career.
Pros
fast career advancement. excellent learning opportunities
Cons
A global company with a very good product and great local people.
Project Manager, Building Systems Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABJuly 15, 2013
The hours are long and the the working conditions can be brutal but the pay is good and the local workers are very friendly.

But in typical "global company" fashion, the bigger they get locally, the more impersonal and detached management gets.
Pros
great pay, flexible work hours.
Cons
management is cold and indifferent.
Production Technician (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 7, 2013
• Programmed and set up PTH, VCD, RLI and MTM machines to place electronic components on printed circuit boards
• Tested the functions of the products using ICT system and the related application
Very good company to work for
Various Temp Agencies(assemble gas meters) (Former Employee) –  Woodstock,OntarioJune 30, 2013
Enjoyed working at honeywell management is very good.I have know comlaints at all about working for this company.
Pros
very good atmossphere
Cons
great place to work
Learnt a lot from a challenging and fast-paced environment
Marketing Graphic Artist (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCJune 13, 2013
I worked for the marketing department of a multinational corporation. My boss and half of the team were based in the United States, so we used to meet thru videoconferences once a week to review the pipeline, assign new projects and discuss issues. We had a challenging workload with tight deadlines but being busy was great for me. I learnt to manage my time to work on several projects at the same time and deal proactively with priorities. Our team was great because we used to support each other. Personally, I used to get complex projects because I’m detail oriented, organized, dynamic, resourceful and responsible.
Pros
continued education and training
Cons
the corporation is specializing in acquisitions, which means layoffs will remain.
Something are good to learn
Service (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 31, 2013
Very good in "lean concept"
I had learn "Six Sigma" green blet program
I had learn safety is main concern in manufacture
Most my co-workers are fun to work with
Pros
once a while had small victory
Cons
uncertainty future
Work day
Electrical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMarch 26, 2013
 Tested and analyzed the performance and reliability of Honeywell Environmental Control Systems for aerospace
 Performed preventative maintenance and calibration of the above mentioned equipment and systems.
 Identified and resolved equipment malfunctions, working with manufacturers and field representatives as necessary to procure replacement parts
 Maintained system logs and manuals to document testing and operation of equipment
 Provide engineering support and recommendations for new and existing equipment
 Assist in inspecting, testing and adjusting electronic components
sometimes it is difficult to fit in the group,
Director, Marketing & Business Development, (Former Employee) –  MontrealMarch 6, 2013
A US company established in Canada
sometimes too much travelling
Honeywell
Laborer/Packaging (Former Employee) –  Stratford, Ontario, CanadaMarch 4, 2013
The company went through a lot of up's and down's while I was there and it got to the point where they were pushing us out the door before they closed. Especially there were a lot of lies being told from management to the employee's. But altogether pay was good, got hectic at some points but managed to do my job according to standards.
Pros
the pay and benefits
Cons
the management
Great experience every day
Manufacturing Project Leader (Current Employee) –  Montreal, QCFebruary 21, 2013
This is a school, you are in a very challenging and ambitious company. You learn every day, every hour. Your metrics push you to be better. Opportunities to communicate and diversify your knowledge are countless
If you are a workaholic who wants to work for a world class company, this is the place to be.
Pros
learning, flexible working hours
Cons
frequent pressure and long working hours.
Honeywell inc
Assembly and Test Technician (Former Employee) –  Mississauga OntJanuary 24, 2013
Nice work place.
Mississauga
Friendly Employees
High Security
Nice Salary
Good benifits
Administrative Assistant - Contract
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJanuary 19, 2013
This was my first step into the industrial side of work. I truly enjoyed working with all the sub-contractors and trades men. Very interesting work and gave me a perspective on accuracy and organization.
Pros
experience
Cons
n/a
Hard worker and fun to play Badminton.
Instrumentation and Control Technician (Current Employee) –  KuwaitJanuary 18, 2013
I enjoy my everyday work and continuously learning especially in the technical job. I learned a lot especially on Engineering job. In our management is a quite good and about my co-workers they are friendly. The hardest part of the job is when we are working continuously without a day off and more than 12 hours a day. The most enjoyable part of the job is when we are in loop checking and commissioning and we will see the plant is running smoothly.
Pros
free lunch when at site.
Cons
more than 12 hours a day when on site.
responsibility with a easy going environment
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Calgary ABJanuary 17, 2013
As the location i was in we where in the life safety of air cuality we have to be very careful and precice on the transportation and handeling of the sensors, there is deadlines but we where usualy ahead of schedule makeing it ery low presure.
Pros
small victories.
Cons
parking lot far away fromt he work place