Honeywell
1,281 reviews

Honeywell Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
A pretty good contracting company
Procurement Specialist (Current Employee), Goose Creek, SCNovember 24, 2014
It is a challenging place to work at times but for the most part I enjoy the flexibility we have when taking needed time off and the opportunity to excel quickly.
Good company
Senior Staff Engineer (Current Employee), South Bend, INNovember 24, 2014
Design aircraft Landing System for Boeing 747,737, Airbus 380

Design Aircraft Engines for 10,000 lbs thrusr.
terrible company to work for.
Chemical Operator (Current Employee), Metropolis, ILNovember 24, 2014
co workers are great, Management is terrible, Have been locked out of the plant twice, laid off twice, that place could be run by monkeys the way upper management and corporate run it.
culture
Business Project Analyst (Current Employee), Anniston, ALNovember 24, 2014
Pros: autonomy
Great place to work. Would love to move into a permanent position.
Great job but
Truck Driver (Current Employee), Truck Driver at Chesterfield,VANovember 22, 2014
Pros: excellent pay
Cons: swing shifts
I really enjoyed working at the Honeywell at the Chesterfield, VA plant. The issue that I had was the work schedule and the benefits.
Glad to leave.
Technical Instructor (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZNovember 21, 2014
Pros: great cafeteria
Cons: management
8 to 5 day.

Learned the "good old boy" rules.

Management was difficult for the entire time I was there. They wouldn't recognize a good thing if they saw it. The good ole boy is king.

Loved my co-workers.

Hardest part of the the job was going to manager meetings. All propaganda.

The best part of the job was in the classroom, on the road or at engineering – more... learning something new and special. Those guys were amazing. – less
Highly aggressive on business front.
Head - Strategic Sourcing & NPI (Current Employee), Gurgaon, HRNovember 20, 2014
Pros: the overall culture is good.
Cons: there are cultural issues at specific sites etc
Overall company is good and cares about employees.
I've headed the Sourcing function at Gurgaon. The company is caring about employees and has a highly professional approach towards them.
Good Company to work for
Lead Engineer (Current Employee), Pune, MHNovember 19, 2014
Company- is Process Oriented, Technology driven, Structured & Methodical approach.

Work culture - Friendly
Good learning and facilitates new opportunities to work with.
Great Working experience!!
very oppressive atmosphere/employees really need a union
Lead Operator/Senior Lead (Former Employee), maintenance/wastewater plant opsNovember 19, 2014
Pros: great bunch of lower level employees
Cons: read above
didnt like working there last 18 months...safety culture changing due to newer mgmt. changing things based only on their fears,not actuality.trying to make things safer...actually causing unsafe conditions.
bad company to work for
Shipping and Receiving (Former Employee), Owasso, OKNovember 17, 2014
Cons: you name it.
If people don't like to work then get a job there making money and say no to doing your job. The most unionized non union company that I have ever seen.
good culture
BMS Engineer / Operational (Current Employee), Chennai, TNNovember 17, 2014
Pros: free transport.
Cons: .
-> I am a admin in my site am monitor the day to day activities.
->manage a team and the leadership qualities.
->management is good.
->my co-worker are very friendly and helpful.
->i love this field so i do not have any difficult part in my work.
->i enjoyed all the part of my works and full satisfaction.
management is excellent, plenty of hours,
electrician (Current Employee), Houston, TXNovember 17, 2014
very good longevity company,very good hours, excellent pay. employees at Honeywell are very welcoming. benefits are good and affordable.
A very interesting workplace
German Customer Care Team (Current Employee), Newhouse, SCTNovember 15, 2014
A very interesting, busy and challenging environment. As a team leader I was responsible for a team of 12, dealing with escalations as well as making sure my team was feeling well and appreciated.
The hardest part of the job is that the number of team members gets reduced whilst the work load increases.

The most enjoyable part of the job is to provide – more... an excellent service for customers as well as for the team and other colleagues. – less
Production and a face paced work environment
Forktruck operator (Former Employee), Davenport, IANovember 13, 2014
Pros: paid weekly
Cons: company closed down unexpectedly
Work as a warehouse worker loading and unloading trucks with a forktruck mangement was friendly the most enjoyable psrt of my job was riding a fork truck.
My Day
Manufacturing Production Technician II (Current Employee), Clearwater, FLNovember 13, 2014
• Provided supervisors with progress production, production logs, & manufacturing batch reports; worked as part of the CCA production team.
• Inspected finished products for quality and adherence to specifications.
• Solder circuit cards in preparation for board completion.
Working at Honeywell was fun, energetic and educational.
Lead Repair Technician (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHNovember 12, 2014
Pros: the pay was great.
Cons: the company relocated out of the country.
A Typical day at Honeywell/Mercury Inst.

Being the Lead Repair Technician I started out the day with a Tier 1 meeting with my team, going over safety concerns and prioritizing the work load.

Under minimal supervision, I managed customer returns. Starting with visual inspection of the unit, collaborating with the customer, researching the reason for – more... the return. I was also responsible for trouble shooting product defects, estimating cost and researching customer specifications.

I trained my team to do repairs in a safe and cost effective manner. With high customer expectations and time restraints, as a team we strived to be self sufficient and independent thinkers.

With the latest SAP system installed for inventory controll and new product orders, the automated system made it much harder to keep supplies in stock that were obsolete. The obsolete inventory was extremely valuable for older customer products that were returned for refurbishing.

The most rewarding and enjoyable time was when the team came together to solve an issue with a return, and collaborate on a process to find a solution.

After fourteen years of being employed by a leader in the National Gas Industry, It taught me leadership skills, teamwork, how to manage multiple task and problem solve, all the while staying focused on customer service.

I will always be grateful to the the Honeywell/Mercury Inst. Company for their employment and education. Their trust and confidence in me will never be forgotten. – less
SHIFT WORK
OPERATOR (Current Employee), Metropolis, ILNovember 12, 2014
GOOD TRAINING, UNION WORKFORCE WAS GREAT TO WORK WITH. GOOD PAY FOR TYPE OF WORK REQUIRED.
Large corporation.
Credit and Collections Specialist (Current Employee), Northford, CTNovember 12, 2014
Pros: flexible with the work schedule
Cons: very small opportunities for growth or support.
Fast paced environment.
SAP skills Learned.
Co-workers work closely with you
Reconciliations are the hardest part of the job.
Talking to customers is the most enjoyable part. You get to build a relationship with them.
Honeywell in Helsby
picker, packer quality control (Former Employee), Helsby, ENGNovember 9, 2014
Pros: great people
Cons: i've noticed nothing
everyday I start my work at 8am o'clock , we have briefing for 15 minutes, after that, role of part of our team is pick a items to cages , second part of team prepare these orders to pack then my co-workers and i, we print documents, prepare labels and check picked pallets for any mistakes we finsh our work at 4 PM. we have one hour braketime
Work on – more... this warehouse is my first one experience with Job like that. In poland i was sale representative for last 12 years, but after my family problems (divorce) i came here to start new life .
i've learned in this job that most important think is communication and work under pressure. of course in my last jobs i had similar conditions but on different areas. so i've got used to it.
My co-workers - multicultural team. and i'm glad about it. i've met very interesting people from different sides of globe. i have great contact with my managers and we've enjoyed our relations on company night out.
I have great references from this company. – less
Room to grow
Process Operator (Former Employee), Spokane Valley, WANovember 8, 2014
Pros: great company to work for
Cons: no job security
Stayed besy, Lot to learn. People treated you fair, room to grow

About Honeywell

Honeywell is a Fortune 100 company that invents and manufactures technologies to address some of the world’s toughest challenges – Read more