Honeywell Employee Reviews

review resume
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Mississauga26 February 2014
use all kinds of power tools. assemble air craft parts.did solder lightes then went to next operator.
Pros
not paid lunches
Cons
7.00 to 3.30
Great Training Opportunity
CMMS Adminstrator (Current Employee) –  Calgary AB11 February 2014
Ability to develop your skills and grow as an employee. Great international company to learn and find one's most suitable career path.
A great place and high quality concern company
Senior Advanced Manufacturing Engineer (Current Employee) –  Malaysia23 January 2014
sustaining programs, including value engineering, factory and customer support, parts obsolescence and reliability issues.
• Provide analysis and troubleshooting of production build and test issues, identify potential solutions and interface with the Core engineering team in U.S that are primarily responsible for product development and improvement.
• Pro-actively support the production effectively in day-to-day operations based on priorities. Tactful, direct, and consistent in the handling of all issues and working with a team, taking issue ownership and driving resolution.
• Involve in design for manufacturability, yield, test, and drive change utilizing the AME enabling tool suite (Yield, Complexity, and DFM prediction models).Data driven approach to pin-point reasons for low yield, DFM or process capability driving yield short-fall
- Guide detailed design layout decisions
• Promote a safe work environment; ensure safe work practices are used through audits and active involvement with HSE. Demonstrate commitment and involvement in promoting employee safety and promote positive employee relations.
• Drive DFX (Manufacturing, Assembly, Test, Lean) activities:
- Work with Design Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, and Suppliers to design to capability. Identify concept design short-falls early, reducibility issues in concept baselines and design improvement opportunities.
• Evaluate technical readiness for production (complexity…factory fit) through the discipline of the Manufacturing Readiness Level tools. Program Manage the Introduction to Production activities.
  more... Manages projects from program approval through introduction to production and ensure execution of new product support from the master scheduling, planning, manufacturing engineering and other Operations functions.  less
Pros
Good work visibility
Cons
no benefit such as stock purchase plan and retirement plan
Demanding and Stressful - Relentless Customer Makes It Difficult Even for the Best of Us
Facilities Management Administrator (Current Employee) –  Woodstock, ON21 January 2014
Even though my hours are 730a-4pm, I am usually in the office by 630-7am to be able to get through my emails before my techs come in for the day and before my manager shows up so that I am ready for whatever challenges he needs me for. My manager is great and my techs are also fabulous.

The problem with this site is our customer is a completely unreasonable person. Because this site is the first of it's kind in Ontario, Honeywell made some MAJOR mistakes with what they agreed and obligated us to within the Project Agreement with this customer. With the time limitations and staffing levels that we currently have, there is no way that we will be able to meet the obligations of our PA, even though it is still expected. I am usually running 15-20hrs (min) OT a week and find myself working before work, after work, and thinking about work while I sleep.

I truly believe that with a customer who was dedicated to making the site the best it could be for all staff, patients and visitors, this site would be an enjoyable place to work. Even though it would still be demanding and challenging, to be able to work side by side WITH our customer to make things better would be a great feeling. Instead, we run head to head against eachother as it seems to be his missing in life to try to have us removed from site, or penalized so much for ridiculous things that we can't properly focus on our jobs.

Because I am such a dedicated employee, and I very much care about my job and my fellow staff members, I try to give 110% in everything I do. However, even in this situation... 110%
  more... will not be enough without the added support from our Head Office.

It has been an absolute pleasure getting to know all the staff at the site I work at. So many different personalities, and it makes for a great break in the chaos and stress of the day when you run into some of these people.

There is a lack of realism from upper management with assisting in where the issues are. Everyone is overwhelmed with the amount of work that they have on their plates, and even though this company pays pretty well, you give up your life for them if you want to stay on top of all the responsibilities of your job.

In 2014, as well, the benefit premium went up, and the prescription program dropped almost in half for eligible medications, we lost vision care and we also lost other benefits.

This company I believe expects everyone on their payroll to wear 10 hats, be self reliant in training yourself in policies and procedures, but holds you responsible for things you don't know.... even if you didn't know that you NEEDED to know them. The training is lacking, and the site support that is VERY much needed, is no where in sight. You have to be mentally tough, and willing to sacrifice quite a bit of your time if you expect to fill the roles that Honeywell sets out before you.
very physical
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, Ont11 December 2013
pay not too good
heavy lifting
high work load
travel between job sites
Relaxed fun place to work
Help Desk Operator (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC3 December 2013
Answered Calls from nurses and doctors for maintenance and housekeeping.
Customer Specialist / Accounts Receivables (Former Employee) –  Calgary25 November 2013
Great place to work, Found atmosphere to be friendly, professional and well managed. .
Pros
Great management
Cons
NO room advancement in my department
MECHANICAL ENGINEER (Former Employee) –  North Vancouver, BC13 November 2013
Great to have link to manufacturing and support services on site. Learn a lot of how to make good products efficiently.
Pros
experienced staff
Cons
declining industry
Great atmosphere and wonderful work force.
Operating engineer and Hydrofluoric Acid Operator (Current Employee) –  Amherstburg, ON24 October 2013
Safe and self sufficient place to work, great work force that allows decisions to be concluded to the best of the employees abilities. As an employee we were well informed and identified on everyday routines. Co-workers were happy and appreciative of their current job titles.
Great place to work, learned a great deal in a short space of time especially about implementing Lean
Purchasing (Former Employee) –  Canada5 October 2013
Working under Honeywell's management operating system based on the Toyota production system is both challenging and fulfilling but definitely an education
Pros
Great education in Lean
Cons
Limited scope for career advancement
Assembler
Assembler (Former Employee) –  ON23 September 2013
Perform quality checks on products and parts.
Package finished products and prepare them for shipment.
Rotate through all the tasks required in a particular production process.
Fun to work
Senior Advance Engineer (Electronics HW) (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, Ont, Canada16 September 2013
We are building a world that’s safer and more secure, more comfortable and energy efficient, more innovative and productive.
Our Company Text Size:
Honeywell is a Fortune 100 company that invents and manufactures technologies to address some of the world’s toughest challenges linked to global macrotrends such as energy efficiency, clean energy generation, safety and security, globalization and customer productivity. With approximately 132,000 employees worldwide, including more than 22,000 engineers and scientists, we have an unrelenting focus on performance, quality, delivery, value and technology in everything we make and do.
Pros
Great
Cons
N/A
Great place to work.
Completed Apprenticeship Training (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke ON10 September 2013
Unfortunate to be layed off.
Really enjoyed working there.
Protototype shop.
A very organized place to work.
Electronic assembler (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB6 September 2013
Well run and managed place to work for and also very good training
procedures.I learnt a lot there.
Family and helpful atmosphere. Poor work life balance
Manufacturing Supply Chain Analyst (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON19 July 2013
Work too long for the wages they pay. However many oppotunities to advance your career.
Pros
Fast career advancement. Excellent learning opportunities
Cons
A global company with a very good product and great local people.
Project Manager, Building Systems Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB15 July 2013
The hours are long and the the working conditions can be brutal but the pay is good and the local workers are very friendly.

But in typical "global company" fashion, the bigger they get locally, the more impersonal and detached management gets.
Pros
Great pay, flexible work hours.
Cons
Management is cold and indifferent.
Production Technician (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 July 2013
• Programmed and set up PTH, VCD, RLI and MTM machines to place electronic components on printed circuit boards
• Tested the functions of the products using ICT system and the related application
Very good company to work for
Various Temp Agencies(assemble gas meters) (Former Employee) –  Woodstock,Ontario30 June 2013
Enjoyed working at honeywell management is very good.I have know comlaints at all about working for this company.
Pros
very good atmossphere
Cons
great place to work
Learnt a lot from a challenging and fast-paced environment
Marketing Graphic Artist (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC13 June 2013
I worked for the marketing department of a multinational corporation. My boss and half of the team were based in the United States, so we used to meet thru videoconferences once a week to review the pipeline, assign new projects and discuss issues. We had a challenging workload with tight deadlines but being busy was great for me. I learnt to manage my time to work on several projects at the same time and deal proactively with priorities. Our team was great because we used to support each other. Personally, I used to get complex projects because I’m detail oriented, organized, dynamic, resourceful and responsible.
Pros
Continued education and training
Cons
The corporation is specializing in acquisitions, which means layoffs will remain.
Something are good to learn
Service (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB31 March 2013
Very good in "lean concept"
I had learn "Six Sigma" green blet program
I had learn safety is main concern in manufacture
Most my co-workers are fun to work with
Pros
once a while had small victory
Cons
uncertainty future