Honeywell Employee Reviews in Canada

Daily Routine
Project Administrator (Current Employee) –  Montreal, QCJune 13, 2014
My daily routine consists of reviewing my projects, follow up of orders that are due soon, place new orders, update the share point site, review the forecast with field service leader and identify risk or opportunites for each.
Pros
flexibility that the company allows
Cons
constant leadership change
Nice place with paid breaks
Assembler/Packer/ (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, ONMay 2, 2014
was my first job in Canada: great corporative culture, lots of training, good working relationship
Pros
paid holidays, excellent benefits
Cons
low hourly pay
An excellent experience
Project Leader (Former Employee) –  Leader, SKApril 28, 2014
I enjoyed working at Honeywell. I enjoyed the environment, the people and the culture. I learned through the years as well as grew up professionally. The company provided me several opportunities for new challenges which I tried to used at most.
I went through several managers but with each one of them there were many lessons learned I took with me.
The people at Honeywell is friendly and easy to work with, so I felt really good for providing a very good service
Pros
possibility of working remotely
Cons
sometimes having to work with users at very different timezones
Market and technology leader
SALES (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 16, 2014
good products and technology, many internal changes which often creates internal vs external focus. US centric in it's North American structure. Opportunity to move around - large company.
Productive work environment
Assembly and Test Technician in Flow Sensors (Former Employee) –  mississauga, OntarioApril 5, 2014
Good Professional Place to work in.
Honeywell Operating System.
5 why analysis.
tight deadlines.
review resume
Assembler (Former Employee) –  MississaugaFebruary 26, 2014
use all kinds of power tools. assemble air craft parts.did solder lightes then went to next operator.
Pros
not paid lunches
Cons
7.00 to 3.30
Great Training Opportunity
CMMS Adminstrator (Current Employee) –  Calgary ABFebruary 11, 2014
Ability to develop your skills and grow as an employee. Great international company to learn and find one's most suitable career path.
A great place and high quality concern company
Senior Advanced Manufacturing Engineer (Current Employee) –  MalaysiaJanuary 23, 2014
sustaining programs, including value engineering, factory and customer support, parts obsolescence and reliability issues.
• Provide analysis and troubleshooting of production build and test issues, identify potential solutions and interface with the Core engineering team in U.S that are primarily responsible for product development and improvement.
• Pro-actively support the production effectively in day-to-day operations based on priorities. Tactful, direct, and consistent in the handling of all issues and working with a team, taking issue ownership and driving resolution.
• Involve in design for manufacturability, yield, test, and drive change utilizing the AME enabling tool suite (Yield, Complexity, and DFM prediction models).Data driven approach to pin-point reasons for low yield, DFM or process capability driving yield short-fall
- Guide detailed design layout decisions
• Promote a safe work environment; ensure safe work practices are used through audits and active involvement with HSE. Demonstrate commitment and involvement in promoting employee safety and promote positive employee relations.
• Drive DFX (Manufacturing, Assembly, Test, Lean) activities:
- Work with Design Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, and Suppliers to design to capability. Identify concept design short-falls early, reducibility issues in concept baselines and design improvement opportunities.
• Evaluate technical readiness for production (complexity…factory fit) through the discipline of the Manufacturing Readiness Level tools. Program Manage the Introduction to Production activities. Manages
  more... projects from program approval through introduction to production and ensure execution of new product support from the master scheduling, planning, manufacturing engineering and other Operations functions.  less
Pros
good work visibility
Cons
no benefit such as stock purchase plan and retirement plan
Demanding and Stressful - Relentless Customer Makes It Difficult Even for the Best of Us
Facilities Management Administrator (Current Employee) –  Woodstock, ONJanuary 21, 2014
Even though my hours are 730a-4pm, I am usually in the office by 630-7am to be able to get through my emails before my techs come in for the day and before my manager shows up so that I am ready for whatever challenges he needs me for. My manager is great and my techs are also fabulous.

The problem with this site is our customer is a completely unreasonable person. Because this site is the first of it's kind in Ontario, Honeywell made some MAJOR mistakes with what they agreed and obligated us to within the Project Agreement with this customer. With the time limitations and staffing levels that we currently have, there is no way that we will be able to meet the obligations of our PA, even though it is still expected. I am usually running 15-20hrs (min) OT a week and find myself working before work, after work, and thinking about work while I sleep.

I truly believe that with a customer who was dedicated to making the site the best it could be for all staff, patients and visitors, this site would be an enjoyable place to work. Even though it would still be demanding and challenging, to be able to work side by side WITH our customer to make things better would be a great feeling. Instead, we run head to head against eachother as it seems to be his missing in life to try to have us removed from site, or penalized so much for ridiculous things that we can't properly focus on our jobs.

Because I am such a dedicated employee, and I very much care about my job and my fellow staff members, I try to give 110% in everything I do. However, even in this situation... 110% will not be enough
  more... without the added support from our Head Office.

It has been an absolute pleasure getting to know all the staff at the site I work at. So many different personalities, and it makes for a great break in the chaos and stress of the day when you run into some of these people.

There is a lack of realism from upper management with assisting in where the issues are. Everyone is overwhelmed with the amount of work that they have on their plates, and even though this company pays pretty well, you give up your life for them if you want to stay on top of all the responsibilities of your job.

In 2014, as well, the benefit premium went up, and the prescription program dropped almost in half for eligible medications, we lost vision care and we also lost other benefits.

This company I believe expects everyone on their payroll to wear 10 hats, be self reliant in training yourself in policies and procedures, but holds you responsible for things you don't know.... even if you didn't know that you NEEDED to know them. The training is lacking, and the site support that is VERY much needed, is no where in sight. You have to be mentally tough, and willing to sacrifice quite a bit of your time if you expect to fill the roles that Honeywell sets out before you.
very physical
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, OntDecember 11, 2013
pay not too good
heavy lifting
high work load
travel between job sites
Relaxed fun place to work
Help Desk Operator (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BCDecember 3, 2013
Answered Calls from nurses and doctors for maintenance and housekeeping.
Customer Specialist / Accounts Receivables (Former Employee) –  CalgaryNovember 25, 2013
Great place to work, Found atmosphere to be friendly, professional and well managed. .
Pros
great management
Cons
no room advancement in my department
MECHANICAL ENGINEER (Former Employee) –  North Vancouver, BCNovember 13, 2013
Great to have link to manufacturing and support services on site. Learn a lot of how to make good products efficiently.
Pros
experienced staff
Cons
declining industry
Great atmosphere and wonderful work force.
Operating engineer and Hydrofluoric Acid Operator (Current Employee) –  Amherstburg, ONOctober 24, 2013
Safe and self sufficient place to work, great work force that allows decisions to be concluded to the best of the employees abilities. As an employee we were well informed and identified on everyday routines. Co-workers were happy and appreciative of their current job titles.
Great place to work, learned a great deal in a short space of time especially about implementing Lean
Purchasing (Former Employee) –  CanadaOctober 5, 2013
Working under Honeywell's management operating system based on the Toyota production system is both challenging and fulfilling but definitely an education
Pros
great education in lean
Cons
limited scope for career advancement
Assembler
Assembler (Former Employee) –  ONSeptember 23, 2013
Perform quality checks on products and parts.
Package finished products and prepare them for shipment.
Rotate through all the tasks required in a particular production process.
Fun to work
Senior Advance Engineer (Electronics HW) (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, Ont, CanadaSeptember 16, 2013
We are building a world that’s safer and more secure, more comfortable and energy efficient, more innovative and productive.
Our Company Text Size:
Honeywell is a Fortune 100 company that invents and manufactures technologies to address some of the world’s toughest challenges linked to global macrotrends such as energy efficiency, clean energy generation, safety and security, globalization and customer productivity. With approximately 132,000 employees worldwide, including more than 22,000 engineers and scientists, we have an unrelenting focus on performance, quality, delivery, value and technology in everything we make and do.
Pros
great
Cons
n/a
Great place to work.
Completed Apprenticeship Training (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke ONSeptember 10, 2013
Unfortunate to be layed off.
Really enjoyed working there.
Protototype shop.
A very organized place to work.
Electronic assembler (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABSeptember 6, 2013
Well run and managed place to work for and also very good training
procedures.I learnt a lot there.
Family and helpful atmosphere. Poor work life balance
Manufacturing Supply Chain Analyst (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJuly 19, 2013
Work too long for the wages they pay. However many oppotunities to advance your career.
Pros
fast career advancement. excellent learning opportunities