Honeywell Employee Reviews in Canada

Learnt a lot from a challenging and fast-paced environment
Marketing Graphic Artist (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCJune 13, 2013
I worked for the marketing department of a multinational corporation. My boss and half of the team were based in the United States, so we used to meet thru videoconferences once a week to review the pipeline, assign new projects and discuss issues. We had a challenging workload with tight deadlines but being busy was great for me. I learnt to manage my time to work on several projects at the same time and deal proactively with priorities. Our team was great because we used to support each other. Personally, I used to get complex projects because I’m detail oriented, organized, dynamic, resourceful and responsible.
Pros
continued education and training
Cons
the corporation is specializing in acquisitions, which means layoffs will remain.
A global company with a very good product and great local people.
Project Manager, Building Systems Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABJuly 15, 2013
The hours are long and the the working conditions can be brutal but the pay is good and the local workers are very friendly.

But in typical "global company" fashion, the bigger they get locally, the more impersonal and detached management gets.
Pros
great pay, flexible work hours.
Cons
management is cold and indifferent.
fun workplace
Electronic Assembler (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, OntarioDecember 27, 2012
Focus on our jobs and learning new things everyday. Management is really great because they always available for any problems or suggestion we might have. Co-worker are nice to work with friendly and helpful. The hardest part of the job is when there isn't enough jobs to go around. The most enjoyable part of the jobs is meeting new people and learning new things everyday
Junior Facilities Engineer (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONMarch 5, 2015
Honeywell Inc. is a reputable company that encompasses building solutions in a professional manner yet fun environment. I recommend working here either as a co-op or grad student.
Smart Meter Technician
Electrical Meter Technician (Former Employee) –  London, Sarnia, ONJuly 31, 2012
Started a 7am loading vehicle with all the meter needed for the day, drive to location and install all the meter given every day.
The hardest part of the job was the fact that we had to walked to each house to do the installation but a the same time was the best part because i got to meet some interesting people
Pros
drive a company vehicle
Cons
long walks
A good learning place
Control System Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, Ontario.October 19, 2012
• The work day was never typical.
• I was trained and learned on the Honeywell DCS and FSC.
• The management communicated well with workers.
• The co-workers were all helpful and good to get along with.
• The hardest part of the work was the travelling.
• The most enjoyable part of the work was a succesful project
completion
Pros
intresting work
Cons
too much travel.
Honeywell
Laborer/Packaging (Former Employee) –  Stratford, Ontario, CanadaMarch 4, 2013
The company went through a lot of up's and down's while I was there and it got to the point where they were pushing us out the door before they closed. Especially there were a lot of lies being told from management to the employee's. But altogether pay was good, got hectic at some points but managed to do my job according to standards.
Pros
the pay and benefits
Cons
the management
Great atmosphere and wonderful work force.
Operating engineer and Hydrofluoric Acid Operator (Current Employee) –  Amherstburg, ONOctober 24, 2013
Safe and self sufficient place to work, great work force that allows decisions to be concluded to the best of the employees abilities. As an employee we were well informed and identified on everyday routines. Co-workers were happy and appreciative of their current job titles.
A great company to work for, great exposure and growth potential
Specialist Software Level 2 (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABAugust 11, 2014
A typical day is working on your set goals, have a daily scrum to discuss the progress and impediments to solve problems right in the beginning phase.
Management is very good, work environment is great
Pros
great environment, good management
responsibility with a easy going environment
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Calgary ABJanuary 17, 2013
As the location i was in we where in the life safety of air cuality we have to be very careful and precice on the transportation and handeling of the sensors, there is deadlines but we where usualy ahead of schedule makeing it ery low presure.
Pros
small victories.
Cons
parking lot far away fromt he work place
Daily Routine
Project Administrator (Current Employee) –  Montreal, QCJune 13, 2014
My daily routine consists of reviewing my projects, follow up of orders that are due soon, place new orders, update the share point site, review the forecast with field service leader and identify risk or opportunites for each.
Pros
flexibility that the company allows
Cons
constant leadership change
Great place to work, learned a great deal in a short space of time especially about implementing Lean
Purchasing (Former Employee) –  CanadaOctober 5, 2013
Working under Honeywell's management operating system based on the Toyota production system is both challenging and fulfilling but definitely an education
Pros
great education in lean
Cons
limited scope for career advancement
Awesome place to work
Customer Service Representative II (Former Employee) –  Lachine, QCMarch 23, 2015
Flexible working hours
Ability to work from Home
Great co-workers
Challenging work
Lots to learn
Great Salary & Benefits
Continuos improvement concept taught me lot how to reduce cost and improve working quality
SMT Operator (Current Employee) –  CalgaryMarch 28, 2012
• Strong leader with ability to initiate change, and implement re-engineering/quality improvement processes while maintaining productive environment.

• Improving working standard helps to hire right person on required job, can develop best working procedure and standards to make ones job more productive. And everybody should be a manager of itself.

• LEAN concept helps to maintain inventory, Raw Material supplier’s performance, best working standards, and eliminate working wastage.

• Experience with start-up, turnaround, aggressive growth environments, mergers and acquisitions, bond financing, and major projects.

• Advanced Total Quality Management concept helps to reduce 30% cost of poor quality.

• Set business goals, propose strategies and implementation projects to involve different department managers to achieve company’s targets
Production Planner (Current Employee) –  North Vancouver, BCFebruary 2, 2015
Flexible schedule and good wor life balance. Good benifit package. In a diminishing business.
Good co workers, helpful.
Pros
good benifts
Cons
slowing business
educating but low salary
Technician (Former Employee) –  TechnicianMarch 24, 2015
Nice company to learn modern technology...........................................
and hand on training
Very clean atmosphere
Training is beneficial
Great atmosphere, and fair work hours.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Markham, ONNovember 5, 2012
Great staff that are always willing to help. Management is always willing to accommodate to your needs for scheduling. The workload is beyond fair and the encourage over-time.
Pros
they encourage over-time
Cons
small lunch room
Administrative Assistant - Contract
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJanuary 19, 2013
This was my first step into the industrial side of work. I truly enjoyed working with all the sub-contractors and trades men. Very interesting work and gave me a perspective on accuracy and organization.
Pros
experience
Cons
n/a
Field Commission Technician (Former Employee) –  Penatang OntJanuary 15, 2015
I enjoyed working at Honeywell the people were very helpfull with training.
Pros
the pro of this job was free coffee trats and lunches
nice place
Mechanical Assembler (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON.February 25, 2015
I worked as an assembler, nice place, my co-worker give a lot help,
good management, they were happy to hear your feedback