Honeywell Employee Reviews

Review Summary
Import/Export Analyst (Former Employee) –  Burlington, Ontario31 January 2016
A typical day at work: Your work load at Honeywell offers variety. Depending on the day, you may have last minutes shipments that would require working late, past you regular hours to get the shipment out the door to meet deadline and customer objectives. I have learned a great deal about Lean Manufacturing Processes to reduce cost and increase production, reduce errors in shipments and increase efficiencies. Because of the nature of the business, management is well organized to support business goals and objectives.Co-workers are supportive and team players. The most enjoyable part of the job is having in an environment that offers an interchangeable work load, from one day to the next.
Pros
Lots of Overtime
Cons
Last minute shipments, causing you to work late.
Good enviroment
Senior Mechanical Design Engineer (Former Employee) –  Kanata, ON12 January 2016
Fun. Friendly working environment. Good relation and respectful people.
Having gym facility, Flexible working hours.
Low payment but good job security.
Honeywell
R&D (Current Employee) –  AB10 January 2016
Once a top 100 to work for. May be the effect of the current global economy.

Benefits decrease year after year. Same for education and professional growth within the company.
environnement de travail
Superviseur Centre de distribution (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC4 December 2015
travailler dans un environnement de travail négatif ou les employés son prêt a t`abaisser pour que eu soi apprécier.

beaucoup trop de meeting dans une journée de travail alors on doit déborder de notre horaire.
Plant management open to all opertunities toward improvment.
Senior Operations Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON23 November 2015
My typical day was 70% on production floor.

I was exposed to many differant aspects of people management as such carry considerable experance.

My co-workers functioned as a team providing each other with support and encoragement.

The hardest part of my job was telling folks there would be a layoff of staff due to seasonal down turn. It was always 2 months or so before christmas.

The most enjoyable part of my job was helping others suceed.
Pros
Good salary.
Cons
Very demanding on all fronts.
OK place to work
Software Quality Specialist (Current Employee) –  Edmotnon, AB20 November 2015
Salary is good, but benefits .....
Pool management , at least our division. Out of manager for a long time. Management did not know what to develop.
Good Company to Work
Product Manufacturing Engineer (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON18 November 2015
Busy especially when the big 3 (Ford, Chrysler, VW) are doing a run at rate and audit.
Worked extended hours during audits
enjoyable
Building Operator (Current Employee) –  Calgary22 October 2015
I enjoy the opportunity and challenge associated with building operations .
Working with a variety of professional trades supplies a wealth of information beneficial to performing the duties required by facilities
Contract work
machine operator (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, ON15 October 2015
Contract was up, and the company was getting slow at that time. They had temp workers, but we were all eventually let go. Nice air conditioned building to work with, and great people to work with also.
In overall good place to work
NATIONAL MANAGER, BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB8 October 2015
The company is strong and solid. The corporate culture is well established. In overall Honeywell is a good company to work for, especially if someone looking for a framework where things are not changing every day.
Pros
Work/Life balance is very well positioned; solid and known brand name
Cons
Sales strategy is poorly analized and developped, too much reliance on the brand name, the company middle management level is not open very much to creativity, very hard to change things even when it is best of the business
Honeywell is a great place to work
Customer Advocate (Current Employee) –  London, ON22 September 2015
I am involved in multiple tasks including: Payroll, quoting/booking jobs, maintaining customer relationships and contracts with addition to many others

I enjoy working at Honeywell and interacting with staff and customers on a daily basis
Busy working place
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, Ontario21 September 2015
Excellent working place with a lots of opportunities, Division where I was working move out of Town and we were laid off.
Pros
nice managament
Cons
no problems for me
Great office to work
PROJECT SPECIALIST III (Current Employee) –  calgary20 September 2015
Fun work place with supportive management. The most enjoyable part of the job was working alongside my colleagues and learning from them
Nothing new to learn
General labourer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB18 September 2015
Not the mechanical job described by the placement agency. Mostly packaging, testing and marking merchandise; gas detectors.
Nothing new for to learn.
Pros
Indoor place
Cons
Same repetitive tasks
Large corporation with lots of projects to get involved with
Returns Administrator (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON25 August 2015
I learned about organization, time management and dealing with difficult situations in this job. The department I worked with was filled with amazing people; hard working, dedicated, smart people. The customers, both external and internal, we sometime difficult to deal with, but it alway taught me new ways in which to deal with these tough situations. I became very good at trouble shooting and getting things done in a timely manner. Although there was always something that you could get involved with to improve the company, there wasn't very much room to move up.
Pros
Benefits, flexi-hours.
Cons
Stressful, management.
Good company to work for
Test Technician (Current Employee) –  Kanata, ON20 August 2015
Honeywell has an excellent work culture. However, I find it difficult to advance my career in this company and I'm stuck in the evening shift.
productive high energy
Senior Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  North Vancouver, BC15 August 2015
fast paced, lots of growth opportunities ,company takes care of its people, has opportunities for travel, co workers are friendly and helpful
Very good company
Sr. Test Engineer (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON12 July 2015
Typical day is extract data and write report.
I learned many new data analysis skills.
Management is very good.
My co-workers are friendly.
Pros
Very Good Management
Cons
No cons
Excellent company with great employees to work with
Customer Facilities Engineer (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON8 July 2015
My role at Honeywell was to support Facilities management with CMMS an other areas to further excel their progress in maintaining St. Joseph Healthcare Hamilton. There were great employees to work with and never had any difficulties preforming my duties.
Pros
Excellent working environment
Cons
More work should have been allocated
Enjoyed Honeywell
A/R, Finance (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB29 June 2015
I enjoyed Honeywell. I left because the job I was doing was very stressful and I needed a change, but then I soon regretted leaving.

I went to a place that was poorly run and mismanaged. Honeywell is an employer I'd love to go back to if there is ever the opportunity.
Pros
Good benefits, pension, rrsp. People treated fairly for the most part.
Cons
some management were oblivious.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Honeywell. Our community is ready to answer.