Honeywell
1,157 reviews

Honeywell Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Continuos improvement concept taught me lot how to reduce cost and improve working quality
SMT Operator (Current Employee), CalgaryMarch 28, 2012
• Strong leader with ability to initiate change, and implement re-engineering/quality improvement processes while maintaining productive environment.

• Improving working standard helps to hire right person on required job, can develop best working procedure and standards to make ones job more productive. And everybody should be a manager of itself.

– more... LEAN concept helps to maintain inventory, Raw Material supplier’s performance, best working standards, and eliminate working wastage.

• Experience with start-up, turnaround, aggressive growth environments, mergers and acquisitions, bond financing, and major projects.

• Advanced Total Quality Management concept helps to reduce 30% cost of poor quality.

• Set business goals, propose strategies and implementation projects to involve different department managers to achieve company’s targets – less
It was a great place to work and given opportunities for advancement.
Assembler and Material Handler (Former Employee), Toronto, ON. CanadaNovember 28, 2011
Pros: annual barbeques, fundraisers for the united way
They always acknowledged your good work and meeting customer deadlines.
Property accountability
Master Supply Technician (Former Employee), AfghanistanSeptember 20, 2014
Pros: all meal breaks
Cons: short breaks
Supervised employees to properly post documents and proper customer service are implemented. Everyone work as a team. Manager always concern of employee well-being. The hardest part is being in Afghanistan you never know where is going to land (the explosive).
Presently working as Lead Test Engineer
Lead Test Engineer (Current Employee), Pune, MHSeptember 20, 2014
Handling the design & development of new Test Equipments for NPI’s (New Product Introduction) , design modifications in the existing Test Equipments, supporting ECO activities, interacting with Contract Manufacturers and delivering projects as per scheduled milestones.
Interfacing with international Contract Manufacturers (US, UK, Australia and China,Germany,Europe) – more... for COPQ related issues
Knowledge on Design tools (DFx-DFM,DFT) – less
Great people to work with
Executive Assistant to VP/GM of HPS (Current Employee), Houston, Texas (Energy Corridor)September 18, 2014
Pros: great people
Cons: healthcare plan
Every day is different, and I like that. A lot of international travel logistics, global meeting set-ups, a little bit of accounting. Something new every day. I love that about my job.
Lean Company
Senior Credit Analyst (Current Employee), Lincolnshire, ILSeptember 17, 2014
Lean Company to work for and it has many nice people who are knowledgeable.
Typical Day at Honeywell
Rebate CoE IT Coordinator (Current Employee), Wayne, NJSeptember 16, 2014
Pros: able to make up time if emergencies come up.
Cons: that the position is being outsourced.
- Typical day consist of testing new programs that are due to be used by the users.
- I've learned that there are always new things to learn especially when there is a 3rd party vendor involved with the process of your work.
- Management has been very informative. I have had 4 managers in 2 years due to structure change. They all have had their own – more... styles that took time to get use to.
- The hardest part of the job happens to be working with 9 different programs and having more than 9 people to report to on the status of each program.
- The most enjoyable part of the job is that I have had the chance to learn a lot about testing programs and getting them ready for the user. Also being able to work with the (5) IT Account Managers and get to know what they look for when reporting issues. – less
Fun and rewarding job
Channel and Distribution Manager (Former Employee), Miami FLSeptember 15, 2014
Great company to work. I learned all aspects for the technical sales, I had a great team of co-workers and a lot of support from corporate.
Productive place to work
Scientist--New Catalyst Development (Former Employee), Des Plains IlSeptember 15, 2014
Good Place to work, smart people, tough place to climb the latter
Very Poorly Managed
Operator (Current Employee), Metropolis, ILSeptember 14, 2014
Very technical, highly skilled workplace. Management does not utilize resources or employee skills and does not take constructive criticism whatsoever, even when its sole purpose is to improve workplace conditions and increase profits.
Never again!
FAA Electronics Test Technician II (Former Employee), Deer Valley, AZSeptember 14, 2014
Pros: decent pay and friendly co-workers
Cons: unstable employment situation for contract employees
After having a contract position at Honeywell abruptly cancelled in 2004, after only 6 weeks (allegedly because of the impending closure of another local Honeywell facility), I swore that I'd never accept contract employment at Honeywell again.

Unfortunately, out of desperation, I was forced to accept a 6-month+ position with Honeywell earlier this – more... year, which I recently completed. And I renewed my previous vow. The ONLY way I'll work at Honeywell again is if they offer me a direct-hire position!

Honeywell, as a place to work, has suffered from their 1999 merger with Allied Signal. They abuse the laws regarding contract employees, frequently keep such employees for the full 24-month period allowed by law, lay the employees off for a short period of time, and then bring them back to the same position again...as a contract employee.

I was hired as an FAA Electronic Test Technician II. One of my two fellow "Electronic Test Technicians" stated that he was a contract employee for 4 years before finally being hired to the position directly. The other was there for two years before being offered a direct position.

Their handling of "new hire" training is easily the worst that I have ever experienced in 30+ years as an Electronics Engineer/Technician. I was there 4 months before I finally managed to complete all the training required for the FAA position I held. That situation may not be true throughout Honeywell but was certainly present at my department. – less
Robotic and cult like
Manager (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZSeptember 12, 2014
Pros: pay is good, work from home
Cons: lack of women in leadership, busy work, health care premiums, lack of advancement, no tuition reimbursement for graduate studies
Honeywell is like joining a cult. If you follow orders, don't question authority, and think like everyone else you will get along fine. "I'm too busy" is the mantra here. Everyone talks about overflowing email and constant meetings. If you subscribe to work smarter not harder you will not fit in. They love bureaucracy and red tape. They live for taking – more... simplicity and making it difficult. You constantly have to justify everything you do and constantly have to CYA. I spend more time CYA than I do working. – less
fun in afghanistan
Wash Rack Attendant (Current Employee), afghanistanSeptember 12, 2014
Pros: meeting new people
Cons: food
fun filled workday. good pay and no stress. learned a lot about government work
Big company with the global workspace
IT Business Analyst Lead (Former Employee), San Diego, CASeptember 11, 2014
Big company with the global workspace. Flexible work hours.
Honeywell is an excellent company to serve. Also has opportunities to grow.
Sr. Regional Manager - Services (Former Employee), Gurgaon, HRSeptember 11, 2014
Pros: be positive in life at all times.
Cons: nill
Customer interaction, colleagues motivation .
Manpower Management.Customer management.
To meet the sales targets. Motivate and train the team to get the desired results from them.
Respect their individuality and they shall respect you.
Dealing with customers , who have problems.
I enjoyed meeting my year on year sales and other targets.
No advancement
Materials Handling Manager (Current Employee), Reno, NVSeptember 10, 2014
Stable company, ok pay, no advancement opportunities. Mangement prefers to solve long complex problems as opposed to solving the quick easy money saving problems.
Work place
NDT Technician Level II (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZSeptember 10, 2014
Pros: perfect work place
Cons: long commute to get there
Honeywell is probably the best company to be a technician at.
Great Business to work for.
HVAC Service Technician (Current Employee), Olathe, KSSeptember 10, 2014
Pros: great place to work
Cons: lack of work at this time.
Challenging, stimulating work. Lots of travel.
Learned some ddc controls and pneumatic controls.
Overall has the best management and supervisors I have ever worked for.
Co- workers who are knowledgeable, helpful and always available to assist in any way possible.
The hardest part would be some extremely long travel days which do not occur to often.
The – more... most enjoyable part of my job IS the job and the people I work with and the customers I work for. All things about this job has been great. – less
Had a great time, fun easy going environment
Receiving Clerk (Former Employee), Syosset, NYSeptember 10, 2014
Pros: summer parties
Cons: nothing
This was a great place to work for in Syosset, NY and had a great supervisor who went out of his way to take care of his employees, always smiling and personal,
Great company that cares about its employee's
Logistics Operations Manager (Current Employee), Fort Bragg, NCSeptember 9, 2014
One of the best companies I have ever worked for. Great benefits and work environment. Ability to move up in the company and they look out for your well being.

About Honeywell

Honeywell is a Fortune 100 company that invents and manufactures technologies to address some of the world’s toughest challenges – Read more