Honeywell Employee Reviews in Canada

Good company to work for
Test Technician (Current Employee) –  Kanata, ONAugust 20, 2015
Honeywell has an excellent work culture. However, I find it difficult to advance my career in this company and I'm stuck in the evening shift.
I loved working here and I would go back in a heart beat.
Placement Student (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ONMay 15, 2015
Everyday was different based on how the youth's day/week/weekend had went. Helping with structured routine was a huge part of the daily work. Helping with meals, helping with conflicts, having fun. I learned about a lot of the important paperwork that is involved in this field, I learned Therapeutic Crisis Intervention, I got to learn from my supervisors and managers. I also got to help plan so fun activities. Management was great, helpful, resourceful and full of amazing helpful knowledge. Co-workers were amazing at their jobs and demonstrating what came next everyday with amazing ideas for handling conflicts and still being able to orientate/train and work with students. The hardest part about the job was seeing the hardships these children had to go through, the most enjoyable though was seeing the youth excel through Honeywell and eventually get to live where they wanted to go and get back out into their communities.
Productive workplace with friendly staff
Electrical Assembler (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJanuary 21, 2015
A workplace where quality was preferred over quantity .Everyone worked as a team to complete the job on hand within the time span taking health and safety into consideration and abiding by the company's procedure and policies . Friendly management and excellent co-workers with tons of experience and always ready to help out even with the minute details which later helped in completing big jobs. Even small mistakes were recorded on paper and were made noticeable to staff preventing them from reoccurring. Less work at the job was sometimes hard but that too was utilized in cleaning and maintaining the workplace .Most enjoyable part being playing soccer outside with the staff and doing a few exercises in the gym within the company premises.
Excellent Working Environment
Electrical Technician (Contract) (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 21, 2015
Highly Professional Technology System
Excellent Working Environment, Advance technology / IP based access control system, Security System, Fire Alarm, HVAC etc.
Very good company
Sr. Test Engineer (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJuly 12, 2015
Typical day is extract data and write report.
I learned many new data analysis skills.
Management is very good.
My co-workers are friendly.
Pros
Very Good Management
Cons
No cons
OK company for permanent employees
System Engineer (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONApril 23, 2015
Honeywell is a good company for permanent employees. Not so if one works as a contractor for you don't get to know the day-to-day activities with the project that you are working on.
Pros
Nice cafeteria
Cons
poor communication
Clean work enviroment
QA requirements (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 31, 2015
Co-workers are friendly and easy to get along with management are very personable and helpful when asked. Continuous safety training, and great health benefits.
Pros
Safe work enviroment
Cons
Salary
high stress, dog eat dog atmosphere, high paying
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 7, 2014
high stress, immediate boss may know nothing about your job and provide worst possible advice. keep excellent documentation, people get thrown under the bus.
some people do provide honest practical advice, you have to find and cultivate these people.
hours can get bad.
in house training is very good, but they are condensing this very hard.
Pros
rate of pay, exposure to new methods, in house training
Cons
long overtime hours without pay, stress
High process overhead and outdated tecnologies
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  GlobalOctober 1, 2014
Not a place for enthusiastic developers trying to explore cutting edge technologies and willing to see the result in action.
Most of the products are pretty old and are in maintenance mode for years.
Enforces process at every phase and at some point the time spent on actual work could be lesser than time spent for preparing process artifacts.
At times bit stressful but most of the time one can manage good work life balance.
For an employee with similar experience and expertise, compensation would be around 20-30% less compared to other companies.
Pros
work-life balance
Cons
process overhead, old technologies and lesser compensation
Dynamic, innovative and efficient
Directeur de gestion du système qualité (Former Employee) –  Brossard, QCJuly 15, 2014
A typical day involves reviewing all actual and potential nonconformities in order to implement corrective and preventative actions.
I learned with that job everything related to the quality management.
The whole team was extremely competent and efficient.
The most enjoyable part of my job was to have at my disposal the resources necessary for the proper functioning of a quality department and the support of senior management.
I enjoy every minute of my work and I have excellent work environment and team work.
Sr. Finance Associate (A/P &A/R) (Former Employee) –  burnaby, bcJune 17, 2014
Successfully handled customers and vendors to get my daily task accomplished. I have a good team work with motivating supervisor.

I am on my own and I manage my time efficiently to avoid pressure of work at month end.

My typical daily work starts with checking my voice mail, calendar, checking my emails and the daily task list to do. At the end of the day, I evaluate myself to make sure that the work I did each day was satisfiable and meets the task I set for that day.
An excellent experience
Project Leader (Former Employee) –  Leader, SKApril 28, 2014
I enjoyed working at Honeywell. I enjoyed the environment, the people and the culture. I learned through the years as well as grew up professionally. The company provided me several opportunities for new challenges which I tried to used at most.
I went through several managers but with each one of them there were many lessons learned I took with me.
The people at Honeywell is friendly and easy to work with, so I felt really good for providing a very good service
Pros
possibility of working remotely
Cons
sometimes having to work with users at very different timezones
Fun to work
Senior Advance Engineer (Electronics HW) (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, Ont, CanadaSeptember 16, 2013
We are building a world that’s safer and more secure, more comfortable and energy efficient, more innovative and productive.
Our Company Text Size:
Honeywell is a Fortune 100 company that invents and manufactures technologies to address some of the world’s toughest challenges linked to global macrotrends such as energy efficiency, clean energy generation, safety and security, globalization and customer productivity. With approximately 132,000 employees worldwide, including more than 22,000 engineers and scientists, we have an unrelenting focus on performance, quality, delivery, value and technology in everything we make and do.
Pros
great
Cons
n/a
A productive company,
Shipper/Receiver/Machine/Operator/Assembler (Former Employee) –  Scarborough onNovember 13, 2012
Honeywell was a great place to work for, there was always room for improvement. They encouraged everyone to further educate themself
by providing courses after hours. Also they promoted extra curriculum activities, like baseball, volleyball and even a hockey team. Which often resulted in close friendships with your co-workers and a great working relationship. The hardest part of my job, I would say is when the plant closed down. The most enjoyable part was working with a great bunch of people.
Pros
was a very clean and safe work place
Cons
plant moved to hungary
Work day
Electrical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMarch 26, 2013
 Tested and analyzed the performance and reliability of Honeywell Environmental Control Systems for aerospace
 Performed preventative maintenance and calibration of the above mentioned equipment and systems.
 Identified and resolved equipment malfunctions, working with manufacturers and field representatives as necessary to procure replacement parts
 Maintained system logs and manuals to document testing and operation of equipment
 Provide engineering support and recommendations for new and existing equipment
 Assist in inspecting, testing and adjusting electronic components
Was the best BEST place to work before a large corporate takeover.
Main switchboard and reception (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 21, 2012
Main receptionist and reception for the corporate head office before a takeover occurred. Then new management laid off a huge amount of people and sent jobs to Mexico and India.
Co-workers were great and helpful.
Advancement didn't happen in the years I was there as you had to be bi-lingual.
I loved the boss, co-workers, and dealing with the public in person and on the phone.
The hardest part: Having to leave such a great company that I was totally dedicated to.
Pros
the salary, brand recognition and hours and other employees.
Cons
the takeover!!! and how the new management disregarded the loyalty of its employees.
Hard worker and fun to play Badminton.
Instrumentation and Control Technician (Current Employee) –  KuwaitJanuary 18, 2013
I enjoy my everyday work and continuously learning especially in the technical job. I learned a lot especially on Engineering job. In our management is a quite good and about my co-workers they are friendly. The hardest part of the job is when we are working continuously without a day off and more than 12 hours a day. The most enjoyable part of the job is when we are in loop checking and commissioning and we will see the plant is running smoothly.
Pros
free lunch when at site.
Cons
more than 12 hours a day when on site.
New experience.
Co-op Placement (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 14, 2012
A typical day at work would start off by updating sales from the day before, continuing on with regular routines. This was a co-op placement, so I was only at this job for a couple of hours a day. I had met new people, and it was something I will never forget. The hardest part of the job was waking up early to go to it, I had to be there for 7:30am. The part that I enjoyed the most, is the number of skills I had learned and the things I learned about myself.
Cons
early hours
Production
Picker / Packer/ Auditor (Former Employee) –  RiverportJuly 3, 2012
Have a shift meeting before we all started our day on were we stand in production and what our goes are for today.
Recieved my job duties for the day from my supervisor, depending on were i was needed is how I started
I've packed, picked, trained new employees on packing and picking, and audit production on new and existing employees.
Great people
Pros
great people, was able to show my patential and move up
Cons
not my career choice but i loved the job
Great experience every day
Manufacturing Project Leader (Current Employee) –  Montreal, QCFebruary 21, 2013
This is a school, you are in a very challenging and ambitious company. You learn every day, every hour. Your metrics push you to be better. Opportunities to communicate and diversify your knowledge are countless
If you are a workaholic who wants to work for a world class company, this is the place to be.
Pros
learning, flexible working hours
Cons
frequent pressure and long working hours.