Honeywell

Honeywell Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Honeywell
Laborer/Packaging (Former Employee), Stratford, Ontario, CanadaMarch 4, 2013
Pros: the pay and benefits
Cons: the management
The company went through a lot of up's and down's while I was there and it got to the point where they were pushing us out the door before they closed. Especially there were a lot of lies being told from management to the employee's. But altogether pay was good, got hectic at some points but managed to do my job according to standards.
Great experience every day
Manufacturing Project Leader (Current Employee), Montreal, QCFebruary 21, 2013
Pros: learning, flexible working hours
Cons: frequent pressure and long working hours.
This is a school, you are in a very challenging and ambitious company. You learn every day, every hour. Your metrics push you to be better. Opportunities to communicate and diversify your knowledge are countless
If you are a workaholic who wants to work for a world class company, this is the place to be.
Administrative Assistant - Contract
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 19, 2013
Pros: experience
Cons: n/a
This was my first step into the industrial side of work. I truly enjoyed working with all the sub-contractors and trades men. Very interesting work and gave me a perspective on accuracy and organization.
responsibility with a easy going environment
Material Handler (Former Employee), Calgary ABJanuary 17, 2013
Pros: small victories.
Cons: parking lot far away fromt he work place
As the location i was in we where in the life safety of air cuality we have to be very careful and precice on the transportation and handeling of the sensors, there is deadlines but we where usualy ahead of schedule makeing it ery low presure.
fun workplace
Electronic Assembler (Current Employee), Mississauga, OntarioDecember 27, 2012
Focus on our jobs and learning new things everyday. Management is really great because they always available for any problems or suggestion we might have. Co-worker are nice to work with friendly and helpful. The hardest part of the job is when there isn't enough jobs to go around. The most enjoyable part of the jobs is meeting new people and learning new things everyday
Got to learn a lot of interesting things.
Software Verification Engineer (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONDecember 15, 2012
I was asked to test software by following steps written in test cases and look for bugs.
The people working there were very friendly and helpful.
Learnt to use flight simulator software.
A productive company,
Shipper/Receiver/Machine/Operator/Assembler (Former Employee), Scarborough onNovember 13, 2012
Pros: was a very clean and safe work place
Cons: plant moved to hungary
Honeywell was a great place to work for, there was always room for improvement. They encouraged everyone to further educate themself
by providing courses after hours. Also they promoted extra curriculum activities, like baseball, volleyball and even a hockey team. Which often resulted in close friendships with your co-workers and a great working relationship. The hardest part of my job, I would say is when the plant closed down. The most enjoyable part was working with a great bunch of people.
Great atmosphere, and fair work hours.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Markham, ONNovember 5, 2012
Pros: they encourage over-time
Cons: small lunch room
Great staff that are always willing to help. Management is always willing to accommodate to your needs for scheduling. The workload is beyond fair and the encourage over-time.
A good learning place
Control System Specialist (Former Employee), Toronto, Ontario.October 19, 2012
Pros: intresting work
Cons: too much travel.
• The work day was never typical.
• I was trained and learned on the Honeywell DCS and FSC.
• The management communicated well with workers.
• The co-workers were all helpful and good to get along with.
• The hardest part of the work was the travelling.
• The most enjoyable part of the work was a succesful project
completion
Customer Service Rep
Customer Support Operations (Former Employee), Montréal, QCSeptember 21, 2012
Pros: working from home brought employe satisfaction
Cons: long hours - because dealing with the honeywell sites in the usa
Working in the Aerospace field for the past 20 years handling a superior customer for all their orders through Honeywell Aerospace division for the OEM production for new aircraft and aftermarket orders for aircraft already in service.
Able to work under pressure when customer requested urgent expedites and any orders for aiacrafts that was on ground.
Experience into the Avionic & Mechanical field in regards to planning deliveries.

Great team player with my co-workers

All our posistions been transfer to new Customer Service rep in Puerto Rico.

Enjoy coming to work every day, and was able to work from home.
Great employe satisfaction.
New experience.
Co-op Placement (Former Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 14, 2012
Cons: early hours
A typical day at work would start off by updating sales from the day before, continuing on with regular routines. This was a co-op placement, so I was only at this job for a couple of hours a day. I had met new people, and it was something I will never forget. The hardest part of the job was waking up early to go to it, I had to be there for 7:30am. The part that I enjoyed the most, is the number of skills I had learned and the things I learned about myself.
Very good comapny to work for.
Hardware Test Engineer (Former Employee), Mississauga, OntarioAugust 31, 2012
Pros: stock options
Highly educated coworkers.
Very high quality of work standards.
Lean and SIX SIGMA practiced.
Smart Meter Technician
Electrical Meter Technician (Former Employee), London, Sarnia, ONJuly 31, 2012
Pros: drive a company vehicle
Cons: long walks
Started a 7am loading vehicle with all the meter needed for the day, drive to location and install all the meter given every day.
The hardest part of the job was the fact that we had to walked to each house to do the installation but a the same time was the best part because i got to meet some interesting people
Production
Picker / Packer/ Auditor (Former Employee), RiverportJuly 3, 2012
Pros: great people, was able to show my patential and move up
Cons: not my career choice but i loved the job
Have a shift meeting before we all started our day on were we stand in production and what our goes are for today.
Recieved my job duties for the day from my supervisor, depending on were i was needed is how I started
I've packed, picked, trained new employees on packing and picking, and audit production on new and existing employees.
Great people
Honeywell is an institute
SMT Operator (Current Employee), calgaryMay 23, 2012
My first day at work
learning lot
Excellent idea about management
Great positive working experience with different communities
My negligence
my employer gives me good remarks
No career advancement
Senior Accountant (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABMay 23, 2012
Most of the workers are contractuals, however no job security or even career advancement.
Continuos improvement concept taught me lot how to reduce cost and improve working quality
SMT Operator (Current Employee), CalgaryMarch 28, 2012
• Strong leader with ability to initiate change, and implement re-engineering/quality improvement processes while maintaining productive environment.

• Improving working standard helps to hire right person on required job, can develop best working procedure and standards to make ones job more productive. And everybody should be a manager of itself.

• LEAN concept helps to maintain inventory, Raw – more... Material supplier’s performance, best working standards, and eliminate working wastage.

• Experience with start-up, turnaround, aggressive growth environments, mergers and acquisitions, bond financing, and major projects.

• Advanced Total Quality Management concept helps to reduce 30% cost of poor quality.

• Set business goals, propose strategies and implementation projects to involve different department managers to achieve company’s targets – less
It was a great place to work and given opportunities for advancement.
Assembler and Material Handler (Former Employee), Toronto, ON. CanadaNovember 28, 2011
Pros: annual barbeques, fundraisers for the united way
They always acknowledged your good work and meeting customer deadlines.
Un gros bateau confortable
Concepteur Logiciel Senior (Former Employee), Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu, QCMay 22, 2014
Pros: avantages sociaux
Cons: non productifs
Journée de travail typique: réunion de type scrum de 30 minutes, développement de fonctionnalités de thermostats, résolution de problèmes.

Opportunités de développement: faible si on ne veut pas déménager dans un autre pays.

Honeywell est un gros bateau, c'est lent, c'est dur à arrêter, c'est confortable, c'est long à revirer de bord.
Travail agréable
Aide aux Ressources Humaines (Former Employee), BrossardJanuary 26, 2014
Pros: bons avantages sociaux
Cons: beaucoup de comérage.
Faire comptes, payables, payes, vérifier les documents pour la CSST, les assurances, les vacances et absences. Mon patron immédiat était le controleur. Faire comprendre aux autres fille de l'administration que mon travail était confidentiel. L'aspect le plus agréable était de travailler avec mon patron.

About Honeywell

Honeywell is a Fortune 100 company that invents and manufactures technologies to address some of the world’s toughest challenges – Read more