Honeywell Employee Reviews in Canada

good office team
Administrative Assistant / Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Brossard, QCFebruary 4, 2016
Workload was steady. service technicians were cooperative. Learnt a lot on gas detection systems. Management was ok. Lot of help between colleagues
Fairly decent.
System / Application Software Developer III (Current Employee) –  Markham, ONJanuary 31, 2016
There are opportunities to:
+ Experience different systems and technologies
+ Build and improve systems
+ Work remotely with teams in different time zones and continents
+ Travel.
Review Summary
Import/Export Analyst (Former Employee) –  Burlington, OntarioJanuary 31, 2016
A typical day at work: Your work load at Honeywell offers variety. Depending on the day, you may have last minutes shipments that would require working late, past you regular hours to get the shipment out the door to meet deadline and customer objectives. I have learned a great deal about Lean Manufacturing Processes to reduce cost and increase production, reduce errors in shipments and increase efficiencies. Because of the nature of the business, management is well organized to support business goals and objectives.Co-workers are supportive and team players. The most enjoyable part of the job is having in an environment that offers an interchangeable work load, from one day to the next.
Pros
Lots of Overtime
Cons
Last minute shipments, causing you to work late.
Good enviroment
Senior Mechanical Design Engineer (Former Employee) –  Kanata, ONJanuary 12, 2016
Fun. Friendly working environment. Good relation and respectful people.
Having gym facility, Flexible working hours.
Low payment but good job security.
Honeywell
R&D (Current Employee) –  ABJanuary 10, 2016
Once a top 100 to work for. May be the effect of the current global economy.

Benefits decrease year after year. Same for education and professional growth within the company.
Plant management open to all opertunities toward improvment.
Senior Operations Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ONNovember 23, 2015
My typical day was 70% on production floor.

I was exposed to many differant aspects of people management as such carry considerable experance.

My co-workers functioned as a team providing each other with support and encoragement.

The hardest part of my job was telling folks there would be a layoff of staff due to seasonal down turn. It was always 2 months or so before christmas.

The most enjoyable part of my job was helping others suceed.
Pros
Good salary.
Cons
Very demanding on all fronts.
OK place to work
Software Quality Specialist (Current Employee) –  Edmotnon, ABNovember 20, 2015
Salary is good, but benefits .....
Pool management , at least our division. Out of manager for a long time. Management did not know what to develop.
Good Company to Work
Product Manufacturing Engineer (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONNovember 18, 2015
Busy especially when the big 3 (Ford, Chrysler, VW) are doing a run at rate and audit.
Worked extended hours during audits
enjoyable
Building Operator (Current Employee) –  CalgaryOctober 22, 2015
I enjoy the opportunity and challenge associated with building operations .
Working with a variety of professional trades supplies a wealth of information beneficial to performing the duties required by facilities
Contract work
machine operator (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, ONOctober 15, 2015
Contract was up, and the company was getting slow at that time. They had temp workers, but we were all eventually let go. Nice air conditioned building to work with, and great people to work with also.
In overall good place to work
NATIONAL MANAGER, BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABOctober 8, 2015
The company is strong and solid. The corporate culture is well established. In overall Honeywell is a good company to work for, especially if someone looking for a framework where things are not changing every day.
Pros
Work/Life balance is very well positioned; solid and known brand name
Cons
Sales strategy is poorly analized and developped, too much reliance on the brand name, the company middle management level is not open very much to creativity, very hard to change things even when it is best of the business
Honeywell is a great place to work
Customer Advocate (Current Employee) –  London, ONSeptember 22, 2015
I am involved in multiple tasks including: Payroll, quoting/booking jobs, maintaining customer relationships and contracts with addition to many others

I enjoy working at Honeywell and interacting with staff and customers on a daily basis
Busy working place
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, OntarioSeptember 21, 2015
Excellent working place with a lots of opportunities, Division where I was working move out of Town and we were laid off.
Pros
nice managament
Cons
no problems for me
Great office to work
PROJECT SPECIALIST III (Current Employee) –  calgarySeptember 20, 2015
Fun work place with supportive management. The most enjoyable part of the job was working alongside my colleagues and learning from them
Nothing new to learn
General labourer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABSeptember 18, 2015
Not the mechanical job described by the placement agency. Mostly packaging, testing and marking merchandise; gas detectors.
Nothing new for to learn.
Pros
Indoor place
Cons
Same repetitive tasks
Large corporation with lots of projects to get involved with
Returns Administrator (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONAugust 25, 2015
I learned about organization, time management and dealing with difficult situations in this job. The department I worked with was filled with amazing people; hard working, dedicated, smart people. The customers, both external and internal, we sometime difficult to deal with, but it alway taught me new ways in which to deal with these tough situations. I became very good at trouble shooting and getting things done in a timely manner. Although there was always something that you could get involved with to improve the company, there wasn't very much room to move up.
Pros
Benefits, flexi-hours.
Cons
Stressful, management.
Good company to work for
Test Technician (Current Employee) –  Kanata, ONAugust 20, 2015
Honeywell has an excellent work culture. However, I find it difficult to advance my career in this company and I'm stuck in the evening shift.
productive high energy
Senior Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  North Vancouver, BCAugust 15, 2015
fast paced, lots of growth opportunities ,company takes care of its people, has opportunities for travel, co workers are friendly and helpful
Very good company
Sr. Test Engineer (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJuly 12, 2015
Typical day is extract data and write report.
I learned many new data analysis skills.
Management is very good.
My co-workers are friendly.
Pros
Very Good Management
Cons
No cons
Excellent company with great employees to work with
Customer Facilities Engineer (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONJuly 8, 2015
My role at Honeywell was to support Facilities management with CMMS an other areas to further excel their progress in maintaining St. Joseph Healthcare Hamilton. There were great employees to work with and never had any difficulties preforming my duties.
Pros
Excellent working environment
Cons
More work should have been allocated