Honeywell Employee Reviews

RF Technologist in the Lab, assembled, integrated, tuned and tested Hardware components for the Space envoirment.
Radio Frequency Technologist (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON15 November 2016
Good Company to work for, excellent vision, good culture, hard working colleagues, management could improve in many ways.
Pros
Culture and vision was good, enjoyed the recreational club and events.
Cons
Salary review increases could be better.
great location, great management and nice people to work with
Materials & Process Engineer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 September 2016
Honeywell at Toronto has great location, great management and nice people to work. Benefits are not as good as other companies. Salary is just average.
Honeywell
Techinican HVAC (Former Employee) –  London Ontario13 July 2016
I was employed with Honeywell for 11 years until I went to work for General Motors Canada.

They are an amazing company to work with, I enjoyed my time, but they downsized and I went to work for General Motors of Canada.
Pros
I enjoyed being out in the field.
Cons
There were no cons, they provided me an excellent renumeration and great benefits.
Test Engineer in EMC Qualification Lab in Honeywel (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 January 2017
The people are friendly and you are encouraged to maintain a good work life balance. The culture is one of a kind and you can be creative in how you do your job. They encourage personal growth. They also take care of their top performers
Big work place but not very healthy
Technical Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON Canada25 March 2017
Very cheap company, they even don't give free coffee and you pay your milk, sugar and mustard.
Management in Security and Fire department where I am working are kind of "do it and shut your mouth". They are doing very bad and are not opened to any new idea or suggestion
Department is always under performing because they are doing and doing same thing other and other.
Pros
Stuffs are very kind
Cons
Nothing free, heath benefit is the worst I saw so far
well established company
Test Engineer in EMC/EMI/Environmental Lab (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 January 2017
Enjoyed working there. Wish to have longer contact.Excellent coworkers.The culture is amazing too. Each employee does not mind helping the other out if they are stuck.Learned a lot. Good management
Great company to work for, co workers and and managers were highly motivational.
Accountant (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ON24 March 2017
Honeywell is a fairly positive place to work and they are willing to acknowledge you hard work.

Job security is challenging in that work is being transitioned to different parts of the world.
Pros
Work Environment and Co-workers
Not a place for innovative thinkers
Sales and Service (Former Employee) –  Canada20 January 2017
Company is very political and US Driven. Canada is secondary to decisions and management are YES men to head office. Employees are just a number. Plus it is not about the customers but the revenue generated from their contracts and projects. Hence the name Moneywell as the company is known in the industry.
Worked on the floor in many positions
Assembler & Shipping (Former Employee) –  Strstford23 March 2017
Really enjoyed working there my coworker were awesome management was ok but changed alot very high turn over. It was a very sad day when they closed the plant than watching it get ripped down.
Most enjoyable
Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON5 October 2016
Learning and interacting with talented people. Management is great with support and actioned items. At time we have completed long day to complete task on schedule.
Pros
Summer BBQ
Cons
Job security
Productive Work Environment
Electrical Engineer Intern (Former Employee) –  London, ON23 February 2017
Work environment was fun to be in and work was accomplished with help of both management and employees. All task were completed on time, with satisfied customers
Good company to work for
Senior Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON2 March 2016
Honeywell Mississauga is a good company to work for.
Management is OK, work life balance is good, but Mississauga site is downsizing.
Pros
Good salary and work life balance
Cons
Mississauga site is downsizing
Productive and fun workplace
Mechanical Calibration Technologist (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ON16 January 2017
Productive and fun workplace with a solid employee operating system. Many opportunities to learn from skilled employees. Production environment is characterized by 5S culture. Large Hi-tech corporation.
Plant management open to all opertunities toward improvment.
Senior Operations Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON23 November 2015
My typical day was 70% on production floor.

I was exposed to many differant aspects of people management as such carry considerable experance.

My co-workers functioned as a team providing each other with support and encoragement.

The hardest part of my job was telling folks there would be a layoff of staff due to seasonal down turn. It was always 2 months or so before christmas.

The most enjoyable part of my job was helping others suceed.
Pros
Good salary.
Cons
Very demanding on all fronts.
Friendly environment
Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON8 February 2017
Very isolated from other groups and the work was OK. Had good CM for change control. Poor management if you are contractors.
Supportive & Co-operative Employer.
Fire Alarm Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fort Mcmurray, AB.13 January 2017
Honeywell is a great place to work in regards to work & family life. Training offered by Honeywell is encouraged & often available which allows for growth of knowledge & possibly positions throughout.
Driven by bottom line
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Canada20 September 2016
Expected to do a lot more with a lot less. There is an expectation that employees work upwards of 35% OT on a consistent basis to drive results. This of course does not lead to an effective work/life balance.
Pros
Rewards and recognition
Cons
OT expectations
Technically Sophisticated & Great work environment
Electronics & Test Technologist (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON9 February 2017
Honeywell is a great place to work and very professional. I would happily be employed back at Honeywell at anytime in the future.
Pros
Great place learn, gain more skills and grow
Cons
Large corporation with lots of projects to get involved with
Returns Administrator (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON25 August 2015
I learned about organization, time management and dealing with difficult situations in this job. The department I worked with was filled with amazing people; hard working, dedicated, smart people. The customers, both external and internal, we sometime difficult to deal with, but it alway taught me new ways in which to deal with these tough situations. I became very good at trouble shooting and getting things done in a timely manner. Although there was always something that you could get involved with to improve the company, there wasn't very much room to move up.
Pros
Benefits, flexi-hours.
Cons
Stressful, management.
Worked under contract. No security some recognition for work done.
Materials Control Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON8 September 2016
Medium to high level of pressure to meet objectives; which were set by management directives. I did not feel that there was effective upwards communication or engagement of the human resource. To be fair the business was disrupted from the introduction of a totally new Business System.