Honeywell Employee Review

The Borg Collective
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Northford, CT12 June 2014
My company was acquired by Honeywell. They shut us down and laid off all the employees. Our products were good products before they acquired us, but they are managing them very poorly. Our employees were all hard working, extremely experienced, did a great job, and did everything Honeywell asked of us, but that counted for nothing.
My coworkers are all very nice and hardworking. However, upper management seems to have no clue what the people who do the actual work really do. They are just worried about stock prices, head count, and their own salary. When they shut us down, they transferred all our work to other sites that were already completely busy, and did not have enough time or resources to take us on. Upper management also keeps thinking of various trainings and procedures such as LEAN, CMMI, 6-Sigma. These things sound good on paper, but they piled so much stuff and training us that we never had time to adequately use it, and ultimately just forgot it all. They also have way too many meetings, which cuts into productivity. There was never enough time or resources to do all the tasks that they were trying to mandate.
Bottom line: If you are hired by Honeywell, get ready to experience all the negative aspects of working for a large company. If you are acquired, then have your resume ready. It may take several years, but you will probably need it.
Pros
Nice coworkers
Cons
Health care insurance was awful, NO job security no matter how good a job you do, never enough resources to get anything done, pay was below market rate and raises were meager

Other Honeywell Employee Reviews

family type ambiance, small group
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Poway, CA21 February 2018
when I started to work for Street Smart Technology in december 1999, our company is a division of Ademco which is a division of
Pittway corporation. In 2000, Pittway was acquired by Honeywell, and it took about 5 years for Honeywell to implement its policy and management style.

So I can say I have worked about 5 years under small company environment and 12 years under large corporation management.
I can say both environments have its bad and good aspects.
Working for a Fortune 100 company is prestigious, projects are distributed globally.
Working for a small company is also exciting technically, I can feel and see results of my jobs.
fun workplace
BUILDING OPERATOR / 4TH CLASS POWER ENGINEER (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB12 February 2018
good place to work for with good management team....deferential work ethic and multicultural atmosphere where you can find employees from deferential backgrounds.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Honeywell. Our community is ready to answer.

51.8K