Honeywell Employee Review

The Borg Collective
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Northford, CT12 June 2014
My company was acquired by Honeywell. They shut us down and laid off all the employees. Our products were good products before they acquired us, but they are managing them very poorly. Our employees were all hard working, extremely experienced, did a great job, and did everything Honeywell asked of us, but that counted for nothing.
My coworkers are all very nice and hardworking. However, upper management seems to have no clue what the people who do the actual work really do. They are just worried about stock prices, head count, and their own salary. When they shut us down, they transferred all our work to other sites that were already completely busy, and did not have enough time or resources to take us on. Upper management also keeps thinking of various trainings and procedures such as LEAN, CMMI, 6-Sigma. These things sound good on paper, but they piled so much stuff and training us that we never had time to adequately use it, and ultimately just forgot it all. They also have way too many meetings, which cuts into productivity. There was never enough time or resources to do all the tasks that they were trying to mandate.
Bottom line: If you are hired by Honeywell, get ready to experience all the negative aspects of working for a large company. If you are acquired, then have your resume ready. It may take several years, but you will probably need it.
Pros
Nice coworkers
Cons
Health care insurance was awful, NO job security no matter how good a job you do, never enough resources to get anything done, pay was below market rate and raises were meager

Other Honeywell Employee Reviews

Une très bonne compagnie.
Associate Accounting - A/P Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Anjou, QC2 November 2017
Une entreprise qui encouragent à suivre des cours.
Pros
Bons avantages
Cons
Pas de pauses au bureau
Just a number
Technician/Shipping and Receiving (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON30 October 2017
Worked with great people. Hat a great time. Was sad when that time came to an end. At the end of the day with any large company you are just a number.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Honeywell. Our community is ready to answer.