Honeywell Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Good company to work for
Senior Project Engineer (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONMarch 2, 2016
Pros: Good salary and work life balance
Cons: Mississauga site is downsizing
Honeywell Mississauga is a good company to work for.
Management is OK, work life balance is good, but Mississauga site is downsizing.
In overall good place to work
NATIONAL MANAGER, BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT (Former Employee), Calgary, ABOctober 8, 2015
Pros: Work/Life balance is very well positioned; solid and known brand name
Cons: Sales strategy is poorly analized and developped, too much reliance on the brand name, the company middle management level is not open very much to creativity, very hard to change things even when it is best of the business
The company is strong and solid. The corporate culture is well established. In overall Honeywell is a good company to work for, especially if someone looking for a framework where things are not changing every day.
Plant management open to all opertunities toward improvment.
Senior Operations Team Lead (Former Employee), Scarborough, ONNovember 23, 2015
Pros: Good salary.
Cons: Very demanding on all fronts.
My typical day was 70% on production floor.

I was exposed to many differant aspects of people management as such carry considerable experance.

My co-workers functioned as a team providing each other with support and encoragement.

The hardest part of my job was telling folks there would be a layoff of staff due to seasonal down turn. It was always 2 months or so before christmas.

The most enjoyable part of my job was helping others suceed.
Review Summary
Import/Export Analyst (Former Employee), Burlington, OntarioJanuary 31, 2016
Pros: Lots of Overtime
Cons: Last minute shipments, causing you to work late.
A typical day at work: Your work load at Honeywell offers variety. Depending on the day, you may have last minutes shipments that would require working late, past you regular hours to get the shipment out the door to meet deadline and customer objectives. I have learned a great deal about Lean Manufacturing Processes to reduce cost and increase production, reduce errors in shipments and increase efficiencies. Because of the nature of the business, management is well organized to support business goals and objectives.Co-workers are supportive and team players. The most enjoyable part of the job is having in an environment that offers an interchangeable work load, from one day to the next.
Large corporation with lots of projects to get involved with
Returns Administrator (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONAugust 25, 2015
Pros: Benefits, flexi-hours.
Cons: Stressful, management.
I learned about organization, time management and dealing with difficult situations in this job. The department I worked with was filled with amazing people; hard working, dedicated, smart people. The customers, both external and internal, we sometime difficult to deal with, but it alway taught me new ways in which to deal with these tough situations. I became very good at trouble shooting and getting things done in a timely manner. Although there was always something that you could get involved with to improve the company, there wasn't very much room to move up.
Typical Big Company Environment
Director of Americas Operations (Former Employee), Markham, ONFebruary 19, 2016
Management is not very creative with regards to innovative ways to move the company forward. Development and R&D lags behind industry leaders.
My Overview Of Honeywell
Regional Engineering Manager (Current Employee), Markham OntarioMay 11, 2016
Pros: Workflow and organizational structure
Cons: Rewards and status symbols motivating employees
Honeywell enacts many things to exhibit a positive corporate culture and keep employees happy with the company’s objectives. It also shows how being employee-friendly and exhibiting some social entrepreneurship makes Honeywell a more appealing place to work for individuals, because they opt in to an environment which makes them feel morally good about the work that they do. In all the sections aforementioned, Honeywell shows a corporate consciousness that allow it to convey a corporate culture that is consistent, accepted by the community, and aligned with the needs and desires of the modern employee.
OK place to work
Software Quality Specialist (Current Employee), Edmotnon, ABNovember 20, 2015
Salary is good, but benefits .....
Pool management , at least our division. Out of manager for a long time. Management did not know what to develop.
I have really enjoyed working in this company and learned a lot.
Quality Specialist (Current Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 8, 2016
A typical day was quiet fast passed and organized

Learned new skills ;SIX Sigma and how to work in a Lean environment.

All the management was very professional.

Knowledgeable and helpful and friendly and team oriented co workers

Really enjoyed my doing multi tasking.
Best Company to work for
Electronics Assembler (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 24, 2016
Safe place to work
Excellent Organization
Excellent Facilities
Excellent Policy for workers
But there are some worse thing about our manufactory:
The management team are terrible, they ruin our jobs and the name of HoneyWell
Honeywell
R&D (Current Employee), ABJanuary 10, 2016
Once a top 100 to work for. May be the effect of the current global economy.

Benefits decrease year after year. Same for education and professional growth within the company.
Good enviroment
Senior Mechanical Design Engineer (Former Employee), Kanata, ONJanuary 12, 2016
Fun. Friendly working environment. Good relation and respectful people.
Having gym facility, Flexible working hours.
Low payment but good job security.
good office team
Administrative Assistant / Dispatcher (Former Employee), Brossard, QCFebruary 4, 2016
Workload was steady. service technicians were cooperative. Learnt a lot on gas detection systems. Management was ok. Lot of help between colleagues
Good company to work for
Test Technician (Current Employee), Kanata, ONAugust 20, 2015
Honeywell has an excellent work culture. However, I find it difficult to advance my career in this company and I'm stuck in the evening shift.
Team work and Safety in the workplace is first.
Process Support Technician (Current Employee), 2840 2nd Avenue SE Calgary, AB. T2A 7X9March 23, 2016
On a given day, during the early hours you will find me speaking to my team on Safety, what their priorities are for the week, communicate the clients’ needs and organizing the team schedules around the client’s priorities.
Most enjoyable part of my job are the people around me who support everyone to make the job well done safely.
Enjoyed Honeywell
A/R, Finance (Former Employee), Sherwood Park, ABJune 29, 2015
Pros: Good benefits, pension, rrsp. People treated fairly for the most part.
Cons: some management were oblivious.
I enjoyed Honeywell. I left because the job I was doing was very stressful and I needed a change, but then I soon regretted leaving.

I went to a place that was poorly run and mismanaged. Honeywell is an employer I'd love to go back to if there is ever the opportunity.
I enjoyed working for Honeywell, however the workload assigned demanded very long working hours to meet deadlines
Customer Specialist (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONApril 27, 2016
Pros: I enjoyed my job very much
Cons: Very heavy workloads
I enjoyed working for Honeywell, however the workload assigned for each employee demanded very long working hours to meet deadlines
Promotes from within
Senior Operations Team Lead (Former Employee), Scarborough, ONMarch 15, 2016
Long time employer with ability to promote within. Internal postings given first concideration. Experiance is value.
productive
Senior Advanced Test Engineer (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONApril 2, 2016
Good experience on working knowledge and warmhearted supervisor.
The most enjoyable part of the job is there are knowledgeable co-workers and it is good place to learn more from the work.
Work place providing good balance and flexibility
Project Engineer (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONMay 6, 2016
Pros: Flexibility of timing
Cons: Long hours
Good work life balance on project related roles due to flexibility by the management, however tedious at times due to periodic reporting cycles.
Headquarters