Honeywell

Honeywell Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
great learning enviroment
Journeyman Plumber/Gas Technician (Current Employee), hamiltonAugust 2, 2014
the most trade knowledgeable employer i have ever had. great work enviroment
Great Company to work for
Electronics Assembler (Former Employee), Calgary AlbertaJuly 22, 2014
I enjoyed my experience working for this company and would work for them again.
I enjoy every minute of my work and I have excellent work environment and team work.
Sr. Finance Associate (A/P &A/R) (Former Employee), burnaby, bcJune 17, 2014
Successfully handled customers and vendors to get my daily task accomplished. I have a good team work with motivating supervisor.

I am on my own and I manage my time efficiently to avoid pressure of work at month end.

My typical daily work starts with checking my voice mail, calendar, checking my emails and the daily task list to do. At the end of – more... the day, I evaluate myself to make sure that the work I did each day was satisfiable and meets the task I set for that day. – less
Nice place with paid breaks
Assembler/Packer/ (Former Employee), Woodbridge, ONMay 2, 2014
Pros: paid holidays, excellent benefits
Cons: low hourly pay
was my first job in Canada: great corporative culture, lots of training, good working relationship
An excellent experience
Project Leader (Former Employee), Leader, SKApril 28, 2014
Pros: possibility of working remotely
Cons: sometimes having to work with users at very different timezones
I enjoyed working at Honeywell. I enjoyed the environment, the people and the culture. I learned through the years as well as grew up professionally. The company provided me several opportunities for new challenges which I tried to used at most.
I went through several managers but with each one of them there were many lessons learned I took with me.
The – more... people at Honeywell is friendly and easy to work with, so I felt really good for providing a very good service – less
review resume
Assembler (Former Employee), MississaugaFebruary 26, 2014
Pros: not paid lunches
Cons: 7.00 to 3.30
use all kinds of power tools. assemble air craft parts.did solder lightes then went to next operator.
Great Training Opportunity
CMMS Adminstrator (Current Employee), Calgary ABFebruary 11, 2014
Ability to develop your skills and grow as an employee. Great international company to learn and find one's most suitable career path.
Demanding and Stressful - Relentless Customer Makes It Difficult Even for the Best of Us
Facilities Management Administrator (Current Employee), Woodstock, ONJanuary 21, 2014
Even though my hours are 730a-4pm, I am usually in the office by 630-7am to be able to get through my emails before my techs come in for the day and before my manager shows up so that I am ready for whatever challenges he needs me for. My manager is great and my techs are also fabulous.

The problem with this site is our customer is a completely unreasonable – more... person. Because this site is the first of it's kind in Ontario, Honeywell made some MAJOR mistakes with what they agreed and obligated us to within the Project Agreement with this customer. With the time limitations and staffing levels that we currently have, there is no way that we will be able to meet the obligations of our PA, even though it is still expected. I am usually running 15-20hrs (min) OT a week and find myself working before work, after work, and thinking about work while I sleep.

I truly believe that with a customer who was dedicated to making the site the best it could be for all staff, patients and visitors, this site would be an enjoyable place to work. Even though it would still be demanding and challenging, to be able to work side by side WITH our customer to make things better would be a great feeling. Instead, we run head to head against eachother as it seems to be his missing in life to try to have us removed from site, or penalized so much for ridiculous things that we can't properly focus on our jobs.

Because I am such a dedicated employee, and I very much care about my job and my fellow staff members, I try to give 110% in everything I do. However, even in this situation... 110% will not be enough without the added support from our Head Office.

It has been an absolute pleasure getting to know all the staff at the site I work at. So many different personalities, and it makes for a great break in the chaos and stress of the day when you run into some of these people.

There is a lack of realism from upper management with assisting in where the issues are. Everyone is overwhelmed with the amount of work that they have on their plates, and even though this company pays pretty well, you give up your life for them if you want to stay on top of all the responsibilities of your job.

In 2014, as well, the benefit premium went up, and the prescription program dropped almost in half for eligible medications, we lost vision care and we also lost other benefits.

This company I believe expects everyone on their payroll to wear 10 hats, be self reliant in training yourself in policies and procedures, but holds you responsible for things you don't know.... even if you didn't know that you NEEDED to know them. The training is lacking, and the site support that is VERY much needed, is no where in sight. You have to be mentally tough, and willing to sacrifice quite a bit of your time if you expect to fill the roles that Honeywell sets out before you. – less
very physical
Service Technician (Former Employee), Ottawa, OntDecember 11, 2013
pay not too good
heavy lifting
high work load
travel between job sites
Relaxed fun place to work
Help Desk Operator (Former Employee), Surrey, BCDecember 3, 2013
Answered Calls from nurses and doctors for maintenance and housekeeping.
Customer Specialist / Accounts Receivables (Former Employee), CalgaryNovember 25, 2013
Pros: great management
Cons: no room advancement in my department
Great place to work, Found atmosphere to be friendly, professional and well managed. .
MECHANICAL ENGINEER (Former Employee), North Vancouver, BCNovember 13, 2013
Pros: experienced staff
Cons: declining industry
Great to have link to manufacturing and support services on site. Learn a lot of how to make good products efficiently.
Great atmosphere and wonderful work force.
Operating engineer and Hydrofluoric Acid Operator (Current Employee), Amherstburg, ONOctober 24, 2013
Safe and self sufficient place to work, great work force that allows decisions to be concluded to the best of the employees abilities. As an employee we were well informed and identified on everyday routines. Co-workers were happy and appreciative of their current job titles.
Great place to work, learned a great deal in a short space of time especially about implementing Lean
Purchasing (Former Employee), CanadaOctober 5, 2013
Pros: great education in lean
Cons: limited scope for career advancement
Working under Honeywell's management operating system based on the Toyota production system is both challenging and fulfilling but definitely an education
Great place to work.
Completed Apprenticeship Training (Former Employee), Etobicoke ONSeptember 10, 2013
Unfortunate to be layed off.
Really enjoyed working there.
Protototype shop.
A very organized place to work.
Electronic assembler (Former Employee), Calgary, ABSeptember 6, 2013
Well run and managed place to work for and also very good training
procedures.I learnt a lot there.
Family and helpful atmosphere. Poor work life balance
Manufacturing Supply Chain Analyst (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJuly 19, 2013
Pros: fast career advancement. excellent learning opportunities
Cons: long hours
Work too long for the wages they pay. However many oppotunities to advance your career.
A global company with a very good product and great local people.
Project Manager, Building Systems Specialist (Current Employee), Fort McMurray, ABJuly 15, 2013
Pros: great pay, flexible work hours.
Cons: management is cold and indifferent.
The hours are long and the the working conditions can be brutal but the pay is good and the local workers are very friendly.

But in typical "global company" fashion, the bigger they get locally, the more impersonal and detached management gets.
Very good company to work for
Various Temp Agencies(assemble gas meters) (Former Employee), Woodstock,OntarioJune 30, 2013
Pros: very good atmossphere
Cons: great place to work
Enjoyed working at honeywell management is very good.I have know comlaints at all about working for this company.
Learnt a lot from a challenging and fast-paced environment
Marketing Graphic Artist (Former Employee), Montréal, QCJune 13, 2013
Pros: continued education and training
Cons: the corporation is specializing in acquisitions, which means layoffs will remain.
I worked for the marketing department of a multinational corporation. My boss and half of the team were based in the United States, so we used to meet thru videoconferences once a week to review the pipeline, assign new projects and discuss issues. We had a challenging workload with tight deadlines but being busy was great for me. I learnt to manage – more... my time to work on several projects at the same time and deal proactively with priorities. Our team was great because we used to support each other. Personally, I used to get complex projects because I’m detail oriented, organized, dynamic, resourceful and responsible. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About Honeywell

Honeywell is a Fortune 100 company that invents and manufactures technologies to address some of the world’s toughest challenges – Read more