Honeywell Employee Reviews

RF Technologist in the Lab, assembled, integrated, tuned and tested Hardware components for the Space envoirment.
Radio Frequency Technologist (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON15 November 2016
Good Company to work for, excellent vision, good culture, hard working colleagues, management could improve in many ways.
Pros
Culture and vision was good, enjoyed the recreational club and events.
Cons
Salary review increases could be better.
great location, great management and nice people to work with
Materials & Process Engineer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 September 2016
Honeywell at Toronto has great location, great management and nice people to work. Benefits are not as good as other companies. Salary is just average.
Good company to work for
Senior Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON2 March 2016
Honeywell Mississauga is a good company to work for.
Management is OK, work life balance is good, but Mississauga site is downsizing.
Pros
Good salary and work life balance
Cons
Mississauga site is downsizing
Most enjoyable
Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON5 October 2016
Learning and interacting with talented people. Management is great with support and actioned items. At time we have completed long day to complete task on schedule.
Pros
Summer BBQ
Cons
Job security
Plant management open to all opertunities toward improvment.
Senior Operations Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON23 November 2015
My typical day was 70% on production floor.

I was exposed to many differant aspects of people management as such carry considerable experance.

My co-workers functioned as a team providing each other with support and encoragement.

The hardest part of my job was telling folks there would be a layoff of staff due to seasonal down turn. It was always 2 months or so before christmas.

The most enjoyable part of my job was helping others suceed.
Pros
Good salary.
Cons
Very demanding on all fronts.
Driven by bottom line
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Canada20 September 2016
Expected to do a lot more with a lot less. There is an expectation that employees work upwards of 35% OT on a consistent basis to drive results. This of course does not lead to an effective work/life balance.
Pros
Rewards and recognition
Cons
OT expectations
Worked under contract. No security some recognition for work done.
Materials Control Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON8 September 2016
Medium to high level of pressure to meet objectives; which were set by management directives. I did not feel that there was effective upwards communication or engagement of the human resource. To be fair the business was disrupted from the introduction of a totally new Business System.
Productive and fun workplace
Mechanical Calibration Technologist (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ON16 January 2017
Productive and fun workplace with a solid employee operating system. Many opportunities to learn from skilled employees. Production environment is characterized by 5S culture. Large Hi-tech corporation.
Large corporation with lots of projects to get involved with
Returns Administrator (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON25 August 2015
I learned about organization, time management and dealing with difficult situations in this job. The department I worked with was filled with amazing people; hard working, dedicated, smart people. The customers, both external and internal, we sometime difficult to deal with, but it alway taught me new ways in which to deal with these tough situations. I became very good at trouble shooting and getting things done in a timely manner. Although there was always something that you could get involved with to improve the company, there wasn't very much room to move up.
Pros
Benefits, flexi-hours.
Cons
Stressful, management.
Supportive & Co-operative Employer.
Fire Alarm Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fort Mcmurray, AB.13 January 2017
Honeywell is a great place to work in regards to work & family life. Training offered by Honeywell is encouraged & often available which allows for growth of knowledge & possibly positions throughout.
My Overview Of Honeywell
Regional Engineering Manager (Current Employee) –  Markham Ontario11 May 2016
Honeywell enacts many things to exhibit a positive corporate culture and keep employees happy with the company’s objectives. It also shows how being employee-friendly and exhibiting some social entrepreneurship makes Honeywell a more appealing place to work for individuals, because they opt in to an environment which makes them feel morally good about the work that they do. In all the sections aforementioned, Honeywell shows a corporate consciousness that allow it to convey a corporate culture that is consistent, accepted by the community, and aligned with the needs and desires of the modern employee.
Pros
Workflow and organizational structure
Cons
Rewards and status symbols motivating employees
Fun company to work
Test Technician (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 September 2016
As long as you get the job done, management leaves you alone. Does not micro manage. A lot of good people to work with and takes pride of their jobs.
Honeywell
R&D (Current Employee) –  AB10 January 2016
Once a top 100 to work for. May be the effect of the current global economy.

Benefits decrease year after year. Same for education and professional growth within the company.
Great Learning Experience
Student (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON17 January 2017
It was a great company to learn the basics of engineering and how a work place functions. It exposed me to different types of tasks that an engineer would do daily.
Pros
Cafeteria
Cons
Some unfriendly workers
Work place providing good balance and flexibility
Project Engineer (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON6 May 2016
Good work life balance on project related roles due to flexibility by the management, however tedious at times due to periodic reporting cycles.
Pros
Flexibility of timing
Good progressive company
Control Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 January 2017
Travel to job site. Meet with foreman and review days activities. Plan day. Work independently or with an assistant to Commission and troubleshoot problems.
Great Work Enviroment
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB3 November 2016
Honeywell is a great place to work and very professional. I would happily be employed back at Honeywell at anytime in the future.
Pros
Great Beinifits
Challenging but rewarding
Global Operations Director - Field Products (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC8 June 2016
First meeting of the day was 5.30am and on conference calls all day.
Great leaders and employees.
Lots of travel and pressure to deliver operational results.
Pros
Travel
Cons
Long hours and high pressure
Aerospace
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON14 July 2016
Working in the Aerospace industry is always interesting. My tenure with the firm has allowed me to build on my team building skills and I have always been presented with exciting opportunities. The best part of my job is the people I work with. The most difficult part of my position is working in a very volatile business.
Pros
The people
Cons
Working in volatile business
Was the best BEST place to work before a large corporate takeover.
Main switchboard and reception (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 July 2012
Main receptionist and reception for the corporate head office before a takeover occurred. Then new management laid off a huge amount of people and sent jobs to Mexico and India.
Co-workers were great and helpful.
Advancement didn't happen in the years I was there as you had to be bi-lingual.
I loved the boss, co-workers, and dealing with the public in person and on the phone.
The hardest part: Having to leave such a great company that I was totally dedicated to.
Pros
the salary, brand recognition and hours and other employees.
Cons
the takeover!!! and how the new management disregarded the loyalty of its employees.