Honeywell Employee Reviews in Canada

Good company to work for
Senior Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMarch 2, 2016
Honeywell Mississauga is a good company to work for.
Management is OK, work life balance is good, but Mississauga site is downsizing.
Pros
Good salary and work life balance
Cons
Mississauga site is downsizing
Plant management open to all opertunities toward improvment.
Senior Operations Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ONNovember 23, 2015
My typical day was 70% on production floor.

I was exposed to many differant aspects of people management as such carry considerable experance.

My co-workers functioned as a team providing each other with support and encoragement.

The hardest part of my job was telling folks there would be a layoff of staff due to seasonal down turn. It was always 2 months or so before christmas.

The most enjoyable part of my job was helping others suceed.
Pros
Good salary.
Cons
Very demanding on all fronts.
Large corporation with lots of projects to get involved with
Returns Administrator (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONAugust 25, 2015
I learned about organization, time management and dealing with difficult situations in this job. The department I worked with was filled with amazing people; hard working, dedicated, smart people. The customers, both external and internal, we sometime difficult to deal with, but it alway taught me new ways in which to deal with these tough situations. I became very good at trouble shooting and getting things done in a timely manner. Although there was always something that you could get involved with to improve the company, there wasn't very much room to move up.
Pros
Benefits, flexi-hours.
Cons
Stressful, management.
Honeywell
R&D (Current Employee) –  ABJanuary 10, 2016
Once a top 100 to work for. May be the effect of the current global economy.

Benefits decrease year after year. Same for education and professional growth within the company.
OK place to work
Software Quality Specialist (Current Employee) –  Edmotnon, ABNovember 20, 2015
Salary is good, but benefits .....
Pool management , at least our division. Out of manager for a long time. Management did not know what to develop.
My Overview Of Honeywell
Regional Engineering Manager (Current Employee) –  Markham OntarioMay 11, 2016
Honeywell enacts many things to exhibit a positive corporate culture and keep employees happy with the company’s objectives. It also shows how being employee-friendly and exhibiting some social entrepreneurship makes Honeywell a more appealing place to work for individuals, because they opt in to an environment which makes them feel morally good about the work that they do. In all the sections aforementioned, Honeywell shows a corporate consciousness that allow it to convey a corporate culture that is consistent, accepted by the community, and aligned with the needs and desires of the modern employee.
Pros
Workflow and organizational structure
Cons
Rewards and status symbols motivating employees
Review Summary
Import/Export Analyst (Former Employee) –  Burlington, OntarioJanuary 31, 2016
A typical day at work: Your work load at Honeywell offers variety. Depending on the day, you may have last minutes shipments that would require working late, past you regular hours to get the shipment out the door to meet deadline and customer objectives. I have learned a great deal about Lean Manufacturing Processes to reduce cost and increase production, reduce errors in shipments and increase efficiencies. Because of the nature of the business, management is well organized to support business goals and objectives.Co-workers are supportive and team players. The most enjoyable part of the job is having in an environment that offers an interchangeable work load, from one day to the next.
Pros
Lots of Overtime
Cons
Last minute shipments, causing you to work late.
In overall good place to work
NATIONAL MANAGER, BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABOctober 8, 2015
The company is strong and solid. The corporate culture is well established. In overall Honeywell is a good company to work for, especially if someone looking for a framework where things are not changing every day.
Pros
Work/Life balance is very well positioned; solid and known brand name
Cons
Sales strategy is poorly analized and developped, too much reliance on the brand name, the company middle management level is not open very much to creativity, very hard to change things even when it is best of the business
Enjoyed Honeywell
A/R, Finance (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, ABJune 29, 2015
I enjoyed Honeywell. I left because the job I was doing was very stressful and I needed a change, but then I soon regretted leaving.

I went to a place that was poorly run and mismanaged. Honeywell is an employer I'd love to go back to if there is ever the opportunity.
Pros
Good benefits, pension, rrsp. People treated fairly for the most part.
Cons
some management were oblivious.
Best Company to work for
Electronics Assembler (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 24, 2016
Safe place to work
Excellent Organization
Excellent Facilities
Excellent Policy for workers
But there are some worse thing about our manufactory:
The management team are terrible, they ruin our jobs and the name of HoneyWell
Typical Big Company Environment
Director of Americas Operations (Former Employee) –  Markham, ONFebruary 19, 2016
Management is not very creative with regards to innovative ways to move the company forward. Development and R&D lags behind industry leaders.
I have really enjoyed working in this company and learned a lot.
Quality Specialist (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABFebruary 8, 2016
A typical day was quiet fast passed and organized

Learned new skills ;SIX Sigma and how to work in a Lean environment.

All the management was very professional.

Knowledgeable and helpful and friendly and team oriented co workers

Really enjoyed my doing multi tasking.
Team work and Safety in the workplace is first.
Process Support Technician (Current Employee) –  2840 2nd Avenue SE Calgary, AB. T2A 7X9March 23, 2016
On a given day, during the early hours you will find me speaking to my team on Safety, what their priorities are for the week, communicate the clients’ needs and organizing the team schedules around the client’s priorities.
Most enjoyable part of my job are the people around me who support everyone to make the job well done safely.
Good enviroment
Senior Mechanical Design Engineer (Former Employee) –  Kanata, ONJanuary 12, 2016
Fun. Friendly working environment. Good relation and respectful people.
Having gym facility, Flexible working hours.
Low payment but good job security.
I enjoyed working for Honeywell, however the workload assigned demanded very long working hours to meet deadlines
Customer Specialist (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONApril 27, 2016
I enjoyed working for Honeywell, however the workload assigned for each employee demanded very long working hours to meet deadlines
Pros
I enjoyed my job very much
Cons
Very heavy workloads
only left to relocate in barrie
Manufacturer/Assembler/Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, ONJune 2, 2016
Fantastic company to work for. great environment, co-workers and management. only left to relocate to Barrie.

Manufacturer/Assembler/Machine Operator
 Operate various machinery
 Inspect and reject parts
Challenging but rewarding
Global Operations Director - Field Products (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCJune 8, 2016
First meeting of the day was 5.30am and on conference calls all day.
Great leaders and employees.
Lots of travel and pressure to deliver operational results.
Pros
Travel
Cons
Long hours and high pressure
a good company to work with
Sr. Product Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  CanadaJune 8, 2016
big company with broader product portfolio. you can learn a lot from many talents and expertise in different fields. Be adaptive to the changes that is common to the company.
Work place providing good balance and flexibility
Project Engineer (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMay 6, 2016
Good work life balance on project related roles due to flexibility by the management, however tedious at times due to periodic reporting cycles.
Pros
Flexibility of timing
Cons
High process overhead and outdated tecnologies
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  GlobalOctober 1, 2014
Not a place for enthusiastic developers trying to explore cutting edge technologies and willing to see the result in action.
Most of the products are pretty old and are in maintenance mode for years.
Enforces process at every phase and at some point the time spent on actual work could be lesser than time spent for preparing process artifacts.
At times bit stressful but most of the time one can manage good work life balance.
For an employee with similar experience and expertise, compensation would be around 20-30% less compared to other companies.
Pros
work-life balance
Cons
process overhead, old technologies and lesser compensation