Honey Jam is an all-female multicultural multi-genre artist showcase produced by PhemPhat Entertainment Group, a non-profit organization which also provides educational and mentoring opportunities for artists as well as supports and promotes women charities such as the YWCA’s programs for women and girls. Artists across Canada will audition for their spot in the coveted showcase in front of top music industry professionals, joining HoneyJam Alumni Nelly Furtado, Jully Black, Anjulie, and more.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Reporting to the Event Managers and Event Director, the candidate will be responsible for assisting with the following:
- Creation of Marketing & Outreach plan for auditions and annual showcase
- Coordination and creation of collateral and event-day materials for the Audition, Media Launch Event, Artist Development Workshop, and Showcase
- Manage communication with artists selected for 2013
- Administrative: support management on administrative detail on all projects such as updating event documents to ensure most update information is present, creating name tags, address labels, filing documents, etc
- Research potential sponsors and organizations
- Manage and track sales of HoneyJam Merchandise
- Previous experience or educational background in the areas of Event Management, Communications, Public Relatons, or Music is preferred
- Practical experience in administration; MS Office intermediate experience
- High standard of quality and exceptional work ethic
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Great attention to detail and ability to multi-task
- Music experience a definite asset.
- Owns a laptop
How to Apply: Submit your resume in a PDF format with your name in the document title (e.g. FirstName LastName Resume.pdf) In your cover letter (not to exceed 200 words) please share why you would like to work for HoneyJam Canada.
Interested candidates, please send your resume with the subject line “HoneyJam Intern Application” to honeyjamvolunteers[at]gmail[dot]com by Friday, April 12th, at 5:00pm.