Honda Employee Reviews in Canada

Fast pace but worht the paycheck
Production Associate (Former Employee) –  Alliston, ONApril 24, 2012
Typical day at work was extremely fast and steady with the odd lull in production. Learned so much that applies to work but at home as well. The hardest part of the job would be losing time with family and friends as the job is shift work and there's a lot of overtime. But overall if you don't mind the shift work its worth it.
Pros
great team work enviroment
Great work environment
Assembly line associate (Former Employee) –  Alliston, OntarioDecember 19, 2012
Rotate between several processes that assemble Honda and Acura vehicles. The training is the most difficult part of the job. It is a lengthy process and very time consuming. The work is not difficult and help is always close by. The best part of the job is the co-workers and the benefits available.
Pros
great pay and benefits.
Cons
contract position so easily terminated.
Excellent environment with great benefits and excellent management
Customer Service/Jr. Collections Officer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 4, 2013
Honda Canada Finance was the best employer I've ever worked for. The inter-office culture was very positive, co- workers we're excellent people as well as informative in their position. Management was very professional and very efficient.
Pros
overall great environment to work in
Fun workplace with good work/life balance
Law Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 15, 2012
A very enjoyable company to work for. Management is excellent and communication is a strong aspect of the environment. Work hard and play hard, the greatest balance. The hardest part of the job was when my one year contract ended, I didn't want to leave!!!!
Pros
great cafeteria and location.
Cons
my contract wasn't long enough, it was a maternity leave contract.
Operations manager
Production Manager (Former Employee) –  Alliston Ontarion CanadaSeptember 21, 2012
A typical day at work involved setting daily targets, achieving highest quality targets, equipment troubleshooting, robotics and equipment efficiency, developing employees work ethics and skill levels,

See resume attached for learned portion, Too extensive to include here
Co-workers were multi national - Cdn, Japanese, American and European. Management and training level
Hardest part of the job was the multitude of various tasks assigned. No clear direction atr times. Corporate priorities unclear due to multinational direction
Most enjoyable part of the job was developing employees and creating an efficient and cohesive work environment.
Pros
self worth from being a world class facilty and setting the benchmark for other honda facilities
Cons
downsizing due to economy resultes in multiple job losses for cost down
fun, productive and knowledgeable workplace
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 18, 2015
daily traffic logs,stocking in cars, taking phone calls, faxes and messages
greeting customers in a politely manner
my co workers were amazing, always so kind & helpful
very angry place to work
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Alliston, ONApril 29, 2013
A great place to work up until 4 years ago

Presently co workers are hostile, management is weak and shady.
Mandatory overtime wears you down, injuries are never work related, and respect for the individual is replaced with bullying with the intent to break and humiliate in front of other associates.
Pros
pay
Cons
everything else
Automotive Production Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Alliston, ONMarch 3, 2015
Loved my job there, great people, management was good. Always learning new jobs and enjoyed working with people. Hardest part of the job was the shift work.
Pros
pay and people
Cons
shift work
Job Summary
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Markham, OntarioMarch 25, 2014
Extensive experience in Automobile, Wealth Mangament, Life Insurance and Manufacturing industry. Worked in Canada, USA Germany and India.
Worked successfuly in different environments as a full time emplyee as well as a Consultant.
Team player, excellent presentation skills, delivers project on time and within Budget.
Productive work environment
Assembly Frame (Former Employee) –  Alliston, ONFebruary 22, 2015
A great opportunity to expand my horizons in the production work field, build on fundamentals of team work. Enjoyed the interaction with co workers.
Pros
excellent experience
Cons
shift work
enjoyable workplace
General Help (Current Employee) –  Alliston, ONOctober 27, 2014
-Lifting heavy boxes,
-Serving food
-Dealing with customers

Hardest part of the job- dealing with co-workers who talk badly about others
Most enjoyable part of the job-Meeting and talking with new faces everyday
Pros
free food
Cons
short breaks, and unstable company
great place to work
Assembly Line worker (Former Employee) –  AllisstonNovember 24, 2014
great place to work, great ppl, lots of ot, would for sure like to get back in if I can. Job is boring but the ppl and money make it worth it. full time is not available. life long contracts with no benefits.
Pros
money
Cons
no advancement/full time/benefits
Great pay, rewarding work.
Contract Employment (Current Employee) –  Alliston, ONJuly 11, 2012
Honda provided a fun workplace, working on a production line with a day/afternoon rotation.
It was much faster paced than previous jobs I had worked, but I like to work hard for my wage.
There are major deficiencies in the management structure, where levels of communication are often lost between our superiors and not taken openly from contract employees. The immediate supervisors were always ready to address various concerns and provide support on-line.
The people I work with are great. They are fun to work with and easy to talk to.
The hardest part of the job has been the introduction of a new model to the plant. Many jobs were introduced to me with minimal training at full line-speed.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the work itself and the variety of jobs that were provided to me. We had to work fast, hard and accurately in order to keep up.
Pros
great pay.
Cons
no opportunity for advancement.
not bad pay but no advancments after 5 yearrs you can expect fulltime at 21$ and a raise every year of 1$ till a max of 30$/hr
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Alliston, ONOctober 20, 2013
liked it untill I got injured than it was all down hill from there but if you never get sick never get injured its a good job
Pros
good pay decent bonuses
Cons
long hours, high repeptitive strain injury rate
Summer employment at Honda
Student summer contract (Former Employee) –  Alliston, ONNovember 20, 2014
My typical day at work at Honda was to get up for my shift which was at 6:30-3 which were the day shifts or 4:30-1 for afternoon shifts. As a summer student we did shift work. Then I would get to work put my nice white uniform on and clock in and head to my appropriate work place which was in bumper paint. I learned from this job that shift work is hard to get used to, but I also learned what "real life" work is. The management here at Honda was very good, as student workers they were very helpful with us if any of us had a problem or an issue with a job or coworker. The coworkers were all different in there own way but I did get along with all of them, working in a factory setting though I did find on spare time some of the full timers did start arguing with others for no reason. The hardest part of the job was getting used to the shift work, and the most enjoyable part of the job was to learn all the cool things on how to make a car and meeting a bunch of nice people.
Pros
end of summer bonus
Cons
shift work
Productive, systematic and open work culture
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Greater NOIDA, UP, India,May 20, 2014
Open door policy
Management was extremely helpful and nourishing.
Overall culture was polite and full of harmony
Hardest part was language barrier with Japanese counter part.
Pros
free lunch and monthly official parties
Cons
lots of international travel
A great place to work for
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Markham, ONNovember 13, 2012
daily safety checks on ops, standup sitdown and counter balance and walkies. I have done labeling on racks building of racks, receiving, picking, packing,as well as housekeeping. Management and co-workers are a good group of people to work with.
Pros
good people good money, free lunches
Challenging environment with oportunity to further you career
Maintenance Manager (Current Employee) –  Alliston, ONDecember 15, 2012
Great place to work, they incorporate a strong fair management style with emphasis on learning and mentoring their associates. Location is in Alliston Ontario so it is a little out of the way, unless you live in Barrie.
Employee gym, hockey rink, tennis courts, car lease programs. Great perks.
Quality Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Alliston, ONMay 26, 2012
Fast paced environment. Think quickly on your feet, constatnly making decisions and multi-tasking to complement forced pace of work on assembly line. Akin to stock trading floor. Conversley, days where monotony and boredom are ripe, you have to be ready for anything at anytime and act quickly, correctly and accordingly.
People were great to work with. Made it a point to remember everyones name out of 500 people. Management were a little lacking, not sure if it was because of the original pool and under-qualified people that were in the job (multiple positions in management filled from people from the same high school, no post secondary training). This creating uneasiness on the floor and is a serious problem to date. I loved this job, except for that fact, which is being gradually corrected.
benefits
Cons
compulsory saturday work, interfers with other work commitments, family life, hobbies, mental health etc.
good company
quality inspection, stage parts (Former Employee) –  AllistonMay 20, 2014
Good company, great co-workers. Work was enjoyable, some long hours when there is a need for overtime nightly. Much better if you could get a contract, which I did not attempt at the time.
Pros
co workers, enviroment
Cons
overtime phase daily