Honda Employee Reviews in Canada

Fun workplace with good work/life balance
Law Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 15, 2012
A very enjoyable company to work for. Management is excellent and communication is a strong aspect of the environment. Work hard and play hard, the greatest balance. The hardest part of the job was when my one year contract ended, I didn't want to leave!!!!
Pros
great cafeteria and location.
Cons
my contract wasn't long enough, it was a maternity leave contract.
Factory Work
Assembly Worker (Former Employee) –  Alliston, ONNovember 4, 2012
Factory job, worked shift work. Typical day consisted of four 2 hour quarters working on the line. I worked in the weld department with power & air tools (lift assists,drills etc). The hardest part of this job would definitely be the shift work (6am-3pm day shift, 4:30pm-1am afternoon shift on 2 week intervals) and also it was a pretty phsyical job. However, I found the job sometimes challenging which I really liked. I also liked the oppurtunity to work over-time. I loved all the people I worked with who were fun & helped make work enjoyable. I really learned about working in a team environment. It was important to work together to produce quotas, etc. A lot of the management were really nice & pleasant to talk too, and if you had a problem they would try to help you solve it.
Pros
great people
Cons
shift work
Terrible
Worker (Former Employee) –  allistonJuly 18, 2015
pretty much a slave camp.....not worth the 20 an hour. Terrible atmosphere as well. Break periods are timed from the moment the line stops. Contract for life type of position
Operations manager
Production Manager (Former Employee) –  Alliston Ontarion CanadaSeptember 21, 2012
A typical day at work involved setting daily targets, achieving highest quality targets, equipment troubleshooting, robotics and equipment efficiency, developing employees work ethics and skill levels,

See resume attached for learned portion, Too extensive to include here
Co-workers were multi national - Cdn, Japanese, American and European. Management and training level
Hardest part of the job was the multitude of various tasks assigned. No clear direction atr times. Corporate priorities unclear due to multinational direction
Most enjoyable part of the job was developing employees and creating an efficient and cohesive work environment.
Pros
self worth from being a world class facilty and setting the benchmark for other honda facilities
Cons
downsizing due to economy resultes in multiple job losses for cost down
Repetative and boring
XP associate (Current Employee) –  Alliston, ONJuly 5, 2015
Everyday is the exact same thing, for eight hours we are inspecting cars and sanding out any defects before they get painted.
Pros
Good pay, close to home
Cons
Repetative in nature
Automotive Production Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Alliston, ONMarch 3, 2015
Loved my job there, great people, management was good. Always learning new jobs and enjoyed working with people. Hardest part of the job was the shift work.
Pros
pay and people
Cons
shift work
Excellent environment with great benefits and excellent management
Customer Service/Jr. Collections Officer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 4, 2013
Honda Canada Finance was the best employer I've ever worked for. The inter-office culture was very positive, co- workers we're excellent people as well as informative in their position. Management was very professional and very efficient.
Pros
overall great environment to work in
Staff and employees were wonderful to work with and for.
Parts Person (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABAugust 1, 2012
Typical day at work would start with emailing back customer inquires and doind a follow up with the service department. Following that I would set up meeting with supplier representitives and place the inventory returns and orders through before 12:00 (always a strict deadline.) Management and co-workers worked extremely well together. The hardest part of the job was the shifts I had to work and the most enjoyable part were the people I got to work with.
Very productive and a fun workplace
Assistant PDI Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJuly 21, 2014
It was a very competitive job. but a lot of fun. i got to work with cars all the time which was amazing. learning everything about each car. driving them everyday. i learned to be patient. more detail oriented. and more keen to perfection. the hardest part of the job was the hours. i would be there at 7:30am till about 6 or 7pm. work has to get done so we all stay until it is. the most fun part about it was we worked at our own pace. as long as we got it done our superiors were very happy with my team.
Fast pace but worht the paycheck
Production Associate (Former Employee) –  Alliston, ONApril 24, 2012
Typical day at work was extremely fast and steady with the odd lull in production. Learned so much that applies to work but at home as well. The hardest part of the job would be losing time with family and friends as the job is shift work and there's a lot of overtime. But overall if you don't mind the shift work its worth it.
Pros
great team work enviroment
Cons
Productive, systematic and open work culture
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Greater NOIDA, UP, India,May 20, 2014
Open door policy
Management was extremely helpful and nourishing.
Overall culture was polite and full of harmony
Hardest part was language barrier with Japanese counter part.
Pros
free lunch and monthly official parties
Cons
lots of international travel
productive workplace with the other employees
professinal car detailer (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge , onDecember 2, 2013
A typical day at work would be to start off to check the calender to see if there are any deliveries to be done then start with service cars that come down to to washed or come down for detail packages.

I have learned alot then i have expected while working for honda 7 , i have found out how to properly clean and detail a automobile and how to properly shampoo and vacuume the vechile .

The most enjoyable part of this experience that i have had was that i had the chance to be around automobileS as i am a car enthusiast , There was no down fall to this job i enjoyed coming in ech and every day to work.
Pros
free lunches
Very active place to work
Assembly Worker (Former Employee) –  Alliston, ONJuly 10, 2013
Working at Honda i learned how to check the seals around the door, make sure they were clipped in properly, if any were missing i would have to replace them.
Management was easy to get along with, so was the co-workers, very polite and easy to talk to .

The hardest part of the job was trying to get in their .
The most enjoyable part was getting paid and getting out of my house and meeting new people , helping others out.
keeping busy all day
Commis aux pièces (Former Employee) –  Dorval, QCFebruary 16, 2014
I started my days early before the mechanics, or my co-workers arrived. I received my stock order and prepared the part orders for the customers,the bodyshop and the shelves. By the time my first co-worker showed up I would be finished the delivery orders unless something had to arrive by Purolator. In the morning I had to send in the daily order which I would process after lunch. Our stock order had to be sent by 3:30pm which I would process the following morning. My days were spent by stocking shelves, following up on back-orders,entering in part locations and either making a box or a space for parts,obsolescence reports,rearranging shelves,signing courier slips which were not always for the parts department. The hardest part of my job was taking in the spring and winter tire and steel wheel shipments. The most enjoyable part of my job was getting things done in less time than I originally expected.
Pros
keeping busy, meeting people and being able to walk to work
Cons
slow seasons and co-workers who quit or retire
I have really enjoyed working for the company of Honda and feel as though I have gained many skills by doing so, such as
Assembly Line Associate (Current Employee) –  Alliston, ONAugust 13, 2013
Busy fast paced work environment.
Developed excellent attention to detail, multi tasking, eyes on task, and problem solving skills.
Had the privledge of working for efficient and friendly managment
Always got along well with all co-workers, making for a fun work atmosphere.
The hardest part of my most current job would be learning new processes as quickly and effectively as possible.
The most enjoyable part of my job is the constant bust and fast paced work with a fun and friendly group.
Pros
excellent student wages.
Cons
hard on the body
good company
quality inspection, stage parts (Former Employee) –  AllistonMay 20, 2014
Good company, great co-workers. Work was enjoyable, some long hours when there is a need for overtime nightly. Much better if you could get a contract, which I did not attempt at the time.
Pros
co workers, enviroment
Cons
overtime phase daily
fun, productive and knowledgeable workplace
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 18, 2015
daily traffic logs,stocking in cars, taking phone calls, faxes and messages
greeting customers in a politely manner
my co workers were amazing, always so kind & helpful
Productive work environment
Assembly Frame (Former Employee) –  Alliston, ONFebruary 22, 2015
A great opportunity to expand my horizons in the production work field, build on fundamentals of team work. Enjoyed the interaction with co workers.
Pros
excellent experience
Cons
shift work
very angry place to work
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Alliston, ONApril 29, 2013
A great place to work up until 4 years ago

Presently co workers are hostile, management is weak and shady.
Mandatory overtime wears you down, injuries are never work related, and respect for the individual is replaced with bullying with the intent to break and humiliate in front of other associates.
Pros
pay
Cons
everything else
A great place to work for
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Markham, ONNovember 13, 2012
daily safety checks on ops, standup sitdown and counter balance and walkies. I have done labeling on racks building of racks, receiving, picking, packing,as well as housekeeping. Management and co-workers are a good group of people to work with.
Pros
good people good money, free lunches