Honda Employee Reviews

I am a highly motivated individual who continually seeks employment opportunities where I can broaden my business knowledge while meeting my personal
Bilingual Customer Relations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Markham, ONSeptember 16, 2014
Coming into to work with a positive mindset looking forward at fulfilling the daily tasks and contributing to the organization`s goals. Read my emails, then start tackling on my assignments with priority and dedication. Asking management certain questions ensuring I am on the right track when doing the work. Interacting with other colleagues of mine to accomplish projects that might require a team and working together to achieving our desired target. I am a team player and love working alongside other staff that share the same passion as I do. This might be using Microsoft excel, PowerPoint, Word as I am pro efficient in all three and more. I love the ability to look back at my work and the team`s work, to see the impact we have had on others within the community. This is very self gratifying. Working hard has always been my best attribute as I will do anything to get the job done. The hardest part of the job is the learning curve when first starting and at time, when doing certain tasks that are needed to be done in a timely fashion, that have specific requirements. However, regardless of the situation, they will get accomplished. The most enjoyable is when you realize how well of a job you have done. Whether this is in the shape of a reward, a simple good job from the boss or seeing the work itself, telling yourself, it was cost-effective, attracted business, and spurred economic growth while meeting the goals of the company. It is nice being able to work independently and meeting deadlines, but doing so with enjoyment and loving what you do every day.
Ridiculous corporate culture
Bilingual Customer Retention Specialist (Former Employee) –  Markham, ONAugust 29, 2014
Strict rules and micro-management
awful scheduling systems
Terrible work-load distribution
Very productive and a fun workplace
Assistant PDI Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJuly 21, 2014
It was a very competitive job. but a lot of fun. i got to work with cars all the time which was amazing. learning everything about each car. driving them everyday. i learned to be patient. more detail oriented. and more keen to perfection. the hardest part of the job was the hours. i would be there at 7:30am till about 6 or 7pm. work has to get done so we all stay until it is. the most fun part about it was we worked at our own pace. as long as we got it done our superiors were very happy with my team.
Duties varied enough to keep mind occupied.
Office Clerk/Accounts Payable (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 14, 2014
Started out as temp assignment (3 months), extended (6 years).

Generated vouchers, creating one-time vendors and reactivations.

Handled filing of same, plus other documents. Archiving as needed.

Handled in-coming and out-going mail. Used mechanical mailing machine. Provided secondary sort of non-personal mail.
Pros
co-workers co-operative.
Cons
long commute.
driving vehicles
Valet driver (Former Employee) –  toronto, ontarioJune 9, 2014
10/10, very good company and enjoyed working in it, drove cars and assisted customers
good company
quality inspection, stage parts (Former Employee) –  AllistonMay 20, 2014
Good company, great co-workers. Work was enjoyable, some long hours when there is a need for overtime nightly. Much better if you could get a contract, which I did not attempt at the time.
Pros
co workers, enviroment
Cons
overtime phase daily
Productive, systematic and open work culture
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Greater NOIDA, UP, India,May 20, 2014
Open door policy
Management was extremely helpful and nourishing.
Overall culture was polite and full of harmony
Hardest part was language barrier with Japanese counter part.
Pros
free lunch and monthly official parties
Cons
lots of international travel
Excellent work experience
Robotics/Welding Technician (Former Employee) –  Alliston, ONApril 15, 2014
My time at HCM gave me valuable work experience that I hope to use in the future.
Job Summary
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Markham, OntarioMarch 25, 2014
Extensive experience in Automobile, Wealth Mangament, Life Insurance and Manufacturing industry. Worked in Canada, USA Germany and India.
Worked successfuly in different environments as a full time emplyee as well as a Consultant.
Team player, excellent presentation skills, delivers project on time and within Budget.
na
Instructional Designer (Current Employee) –  TorontoMarch 5, 2014
Forward thinking on flexibility/options for employee retention.
The company is great. Management can be frustrating.
keeping busy all day
Commis aux pièces (Former Employee) –  Dorval, QCFebruary 16, 2014
I started my days early before the mechanics, or my co-workers arrived. I received my stock order and prepared the part orders for the customers,the bodyshop and the shelves. By the time my first co-worker showed up I would be finished the delivery orders unless something had to arrive by Purolator. In the morning I had to send in the daily order which I would process after lunch. Our stock order had to be sent by 3:30pm which I would process the following morning. My days were spent by stocking shelves, following up on back-orders,entering in part locations and either making a box or a space for parts,obsolescence reports,rearranging shelves,signing courier slips which were not always for the parts department. The hardest part of my job was taking in the spring and winter tire and steel wheel shipments. The most enjoyable part of my job was getting things done in less time than I originally expected.
Pros
keeping busy, meeting people and being able to walk to work
Cons
slow seasons and co-workers who quit or retire
fun
under body and engine mount tech (Former Employee) –  AlistonJanuary 27, 2014
fun
great environment
good pay
good benefits
good hours
long rotational weeks days to nights
Worked with an excellent supervisor and great team.
Administrative Assistant/ Inventory Control (Former Employee) –  Markham, ONJanuary 17, 2014
The Parts Inventory Department was organized and well managed by the supervisor and Manager. They were always available to offer assistance when required and made it easy to approach them for any concerns. During the not so busy times, there were always short huddles at someone's desk for casual chats without disrupting the business of the day.

Family was always taken in consideration if time was needed as long as coverage for the desk could be arranged without making you feel guilty. Team members pitched in to help out each other in busy times.
Pros
great department leadership and team effort and never required to work past your time.
Cons
contract position for extended periods with no benefits or security
productive workplace with the other employees
professinal car detailer (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge , onDecember 2, 2013
A typical day at work would be to start off to check the calender to see if there are any deliveries to be done then start with service cars that come down to to washed or come down for detail packages.

I have learned alot then i have expected while working for honda 7 , i have found out how to properly clean and detail a automobile and how to properly shampoo and vacuume the vechile .

The most enjoyable part of this experience that i have had was that i had the chance to be around automobileS as i am a car enthusiast , There was no down fall to this job i enjoyed coming in ech and every day to work.
Pros
free lunches
fun workplace
Binligual Lease Maturity (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 20, 2013
I enjoyed the environment at Honda. The co-workers as well as the managers were extremely supportive and corporative.
Pros
free lunches, great hours
good place to work, friendly people
AC/AP (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, ABNovember 11, 2013
do cash balance, go to bank, go through invoices, enter them, pay invoices. worked good with others, hardest part balancing cash. most enjoyable, working with others.
My first time to handle CNC machines
CNC OPERATOR (milling) (Former Employee) –  PhilippinesNovember 9, 2013
working 8 hours as CNC operator, i learn how to operate and maintaining the Quality of work. Management is supportive and my co-workers are good and helpful.
The hardest part of the job is when the machine is running and having a broken tool or having a power failure. It's difficult to recover the machine and resuming the running program.
The most enjoyable part is when i learn all about the machine and how to do machine recovery and meet all target work in a day.
Pros
free lunch
Honda experience
Cheque Processing Administrator (Former Employee) –  Richmonhill, ONOctober 25, 2013
Working at Honda was great experience. The management and co-workers were friendly. I enjoyed every days of my time at Honda. I didn't find any difficultly in my job, Every day was great and never had any issue.
not bad pay but no advancments after 5 yearrs you can expect fulltime at 21$ and a raise every year of 1$ till a max of 30$/hr
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Alliston, ONOctober 20, 2013
liked it untill I got injured than it was all down hill from there but if you never get sick never get injured its a good job
Pros
good pay decent bonuses
Cons
long hours, high repeptitive strain injury rate
comfortable working environment
Forklift operator (Former Employee) –  Calgaary AlbertaOctober 17, 2013
interesting working environment with new experiences learning new things every day and moving up with positions with new skills