Honda Employee Reviews in Canada

Fun to work the people, but it is not fun to work with the company anymore
Collector (FT) (Current Employee) –  Markham OnJune 6, 2015
- handling delinquent accounts through negotiation with customers on payment arrangements
- Customer centric focus kind of collection - to bring customer finance and life style back on track through different financial tools or options.
- Doing skip tracing and arrange repossession
- Colleagues are mostly very opened mind for new implementation and challenges
- Company is changing objective from a #1 profitable company to a #1 company that can serve Canadian
- The hardest part of the job is to compromise with the management system. The management is not able to deliver the new objective of the company. Their newly added implementations are not helping the situation, but they become burden of the operation. In terms of Collections, delinquency level is raising, work is overload but not delivering value, company even cut head counts during this difficult moment. These numbers with full of discrepancy rectified on the system becomes a challenge to workers.
- The most enjoyable part of the job is most of the colleagues are quite supportive and with high spirit.
Pros
Lot of employee appreciation activities ex: free lunch, gift card award, movies, blue jays tickets...etc, Provided career planning, Company able to hired a lot of talent people
Cons
Company not able to keep the talent people, Company used to be listening to valuable opinions but not any more, very slow on job promotion
New Head Office Campus for Honda Canada
Assistant Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Markham, ONMay 14, 2015
A challenging, multi-faceted project. New location for Honda Canada Corporate offices included a 4 storey office tower including a commercial kitchen and cafeteria, Training and Research Centre, classrooms and automotive bays for dealership mechanics training and an inter-connected 225,000 sf Parts Distribution Warehouse which required an Fmin 100 Super Flat slab-on-grade
A fast paced fun atmosphere
Bilingual Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 14, 2015
Typical day was never typical. No day was every the same. What needed to be done was done and there was little micro managing. I learnt and was encouraged to trust my judgment on what needed to be done and to do it. Listening, using common sense and being pre-emptive with what would be needed to help not only the department, company and customers was encouraged.
For a call centre environment the people had access to a huge amount of information and were supported in their decision making abilities. Fun, nice and supportive environment.
The hardest part of the job was was struggling to get all aspects/departments of the company to be in the same page in terms of problems, concerns and solutions. Often felt like we were fighting against each other to achieve the same goal.
Pros
Great people, dedicated and smart.
Cons
Room for advancement limited.
fun, productive and knowledgeable workplace
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 18, 2015
daily traffic logs,stocking in cars, taking phone calls, faxes and messages
greeting customers in a politely manner
my co workers were amazing, always so kind & helpful
Automotive Production Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Alliston, ONMarch 3, 2015
Loved my job there, great people, management was good. Always learning new jobs and enjoyed working with people. Hardest part of the job was the shift work.
Pros
pay and people
Cons
shift work
Productive work environment
Assembly Frame (Former Employee) –  Alliston, ONFebruary 22, 2015
A great opportunity to expand my horizons in the production work field, build on fundamentals of team work. Enjoyed the interaction with co workers.
Pros
excellent experience
Cons
shift work
Productive workplace
PRODUCTION LINE WORKER (Former Employee) –  Alliston, Ont.January 22, 2015
A typical day at work would include working in a face pace environment while maintaining excellent quality
I learn the importance of paying close attention to details and working efficiently.
management had good communication skills.
The co-workers was helpful and worked as a team.
The hardest part of the job was maintaining speed and accuracy.
The most enjoyable part of the job was working as a team and helping each other.
Pros
great pay
Cons
physically demanding
Excellent employer, provided many opportunities for advancement.
Senior Buyer (Former Employee) –  Alliston, ONDecember 19, 2014
The company was very family driven as they expected strong teamwork in return for a good income and strong benefit package. The targets were very demanding but fair. Everyone was treated equally with a one citizen policy, each person in the company wore the same uniform and you were expected to treat all with respect. They had a strong sense of safety and went to extremes to ensure a safe workplace.
Pros
great benfits, safe workplace, fair salary and good feedback on performance.
Cons
very large organization, easy to feel lost. cultural differences sometimes hard to understand.
Excellent fun environment
Human Resource Assistant (Former Employee) –  Alliston, ONDecember 3, 2014
Fast-paced environment with tons of things to learn along with a great group of people that you could ever meet.
great place to work
Assembly Line worker (Former Employee) –  AllisstonNovember 24, 2014
great place to work, great ppl, lots of ot, would for sure like to get back in if I can. Job is boring but the ppl and money make it worth it. full time is not available. life long contracts with no benefits.
Pros
money
Cons
no advancement/full time/benefits
Summer employment at Honda
Student summer contract (Former Employee) –  Alliston, ONNovember 20, 2014
My typical day at work at Honda was to get up for my shift which was at 6:30-3 which were the day shifts or 4:30-1 for afternoon shifts. As a summer student we did shift work. Then I would get to work put my nice white uniform on and clock in and head to my appropriate work place which was in bumper paint. I learned from this job that shift work is hard to get used to, but I also learned what "real life" work is. The management here at Honda was very good, as student workers they were very helpful with us if any of us had a problem or an issue with a job or coworker. The coworkers were all different in there own way but I did get along with all of them, working in a factory setting though I did find on spare time some of the full timers did start arguing with others for no reason. The hardest part of the job was getting used to the shift work, and the most enjoyable part of the job was to learn all the cool things on how to make a car and meeting a bunch of nice people.
Pros
end of summer bonus
Cons
shift work
*************
Parts Manager - Service Manager (Former Employee) –  **********************November 12, 2014
Great experience.
If any details needed I'll provide them.
Productive,learned diffrent skills and zero tolerance policy for quality and safety.
Manufacturing Technician, Honda of Canada. (Former Employee) –  Alliston, ONOctober 29, 2014
Design new model civic parts (hood, fenders, roof and side frames).
enjoyable workplace
General Help (Current Employee) –  Alliston, ONOctober 27, 2014
-Lifting heavy boxes,
-Serving food
-Dealing with customers

Hardest part of the job- dealing with co-workers who talk badly about others
Most enjoyable part of the job-Meeting and talking with new faces everyday
Pros
free food
Cons
short breaks, and unstable company
I am a highly motivated individual who continually seeks employment opportunities where I can broaden my business knowledge while meeting my personal
Bilingual Customer Relations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Markham, ONSeptember 16, 2014
Coming into to work with a positive mindset looking forward at fulfilling the daily tasks and contributing to the organization`s goals. Read my emails, then start tackling on my assignments with priority and dedication. Asking management certain questions ensuring I am on the right track when doing the work. Interacting with other colleagues of mine to accomplish projects that might require a team and working together to achieving our desired target. I am a team player and love working alongside other staff that share the same passion as I do. This might be using Microsoft excel, PowerPoint, Word as I am pro efficient in all three and more. I love the ability to look back at my work and the team`s work, to see the impact we have had on others within the community. This is very self gratifying. Working hard has always been my best attribute as I will do anything to get the job done. The hardest part of the job is the learning curve when first starting and at time, when doing certain tasks that are needed to be done in a timely fashion, that have specific requirements. However, regardless of the situation, they will get accomplished. The most enjoyable is when you realize how well of a job you have done. Whether this is in the shape of a reward, a simple good job from the boss or seeing the work itself, telling yourself, it was cost-effective, attracted business, and spurred economic growth while meeting the goals of the company. It is nice being able to work independently and meeting deadlines, but doing so with enjoyment and loving what you do every day.
Ridiculous corporate culture
Bilingual Customer Retention Specialist (Former Employee) –  Markham, ONAugust 29, 2014
Strict rules and micro-management
awful scheduling systems
Terrible work-load distribution
Very productive and a fun workplace
Assistant PDI Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJuly 21, 2014
It was a very competitive job. but a lot of fun. i got to work with cars all the time which was amazing. learning everything about each car. driving them everyday. i learned to be patient. more detail oriented. and more keen to perfection. the hardest part of the job was the hours. i would be there at 7:30am till about 6 or 7pm. work has to get done so we all stay until it is. the most fun part about it was we worked at our own pace. as long as we got it done our superiors were very happy with my team.
Duties varied enough to keep mind occupied.
Office Clerk/Accounts Payable (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 14, 2014
Started out as temp assignment (3 months), extended (6 years).

Generated vouchers, creating one-time vendors and reactivations.

Handled filing of same, plus other documents. Archiving as needed.

Handled in-coming and out-going mail. Used mechanical mailing machine. Provided secondary sort of non-personal mail.
Pros
co-workers co-operative.
Cons
long commute.
driving vehicles
Valet driver (Former Employee) –  toronto, ontarioJune 9, 2014
10/10, very good company and enjoyed working in it, drove cars and assisted customers
good company
quality inspection, stage parts (Former Employee) –  AllistonMay 20, 2014
Good company, great co-workers. Work was enjoyable, some long hours when there is a need for overtime nightly. Much better if you could get a contract, which I did not attempt at the time.
Pros
co workers, enviroment
Cons
overtime phase daily