Honda Employee Reviews in Canada

Very productive and a fun workplace
Assistant PDI Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJuly 21, 2014
It was a very competitive job. but a lot of fun. i got to work with cars all the time which was amazing. learning everything about each car. driving them everyday. i learned to be patient. more detail oriented. and more keen to perfection. the hardest part of the job was the hours. i would be there at 7:30am till about 6 or 7pm. work has to get done so we all stay until it is. the most fun part about it was we worked at our own pace. as long as we got it done our superiors were very happy with my team.
Productive work environment
Assembly Frame (Former Employee) –  Alliston, ONFebruary 22, 2015
A great opportunity to expand my horizons in the production work field, build on fundamentals of team work. Enjoyed the interaction with co workers.
Pros
excellent experience
Cons
shift work
Duties varied enough to keep mind occupied.
Office Clerk/Accounts Payable (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 14, 2014
Started out as temp assignment (3 months), extended (6 years).

Generated vouchers, creating one-time vendors and reactivations.

Handled filing of same, plus other documents. Archiving as needed.

Handled in-coming and out-going mail. Used mechanical mailing machine. Provided secondary sort of non-personal mail.
Pros
co-workers co-operative.
Cons
long commute.
productive workplace with the other employees
professinal car detailer (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge , onDecember 2, 2013
A typical day at work would be to start off to check the calender to see if there are any deliveries to be done then start with service cars that come down to to washed or come down for detail packages.

I have learned alot then i have expected while working for honda 7 , i have found out how to properly clean and detail a automobile and how to properly shampoo and vacuume the vechile .

The most enjoyable part of this experience that i have had was that i had the chance to be around automobileS as i am a car enthusiast , There was no down fall to this job i enjoyed coming in ech and every day to work.
Pros
free lunches
My first time to handle CNC machines
CNC OPERATOR (milling) (Former Employee) –  PhilippinesNovember 9, 2013
working 8 hours as CNC operator, i learn how to operate and maintaining the Quality of work. Management is supportive and my co-workers are good and helpful.
The hardest part of the job is when the machine is running and having a broken tool or having a power failure. It's difficult to recover the machine and resuming the running program.
The most enjoyable part is when i learn all about the machine and how to do machine recovery and meet all target work in a day.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
I have really enjoyed working for the company of Honda and feel as though I have gained many skills by doing so, such as
Assembly Line Associate (Current Employee) –  Alliston, ONAugust 13, 2013
Busy fast paced work environment.
Developed excellent attention to detail, multi tasking, eyes on task, and problem solving skills.
Had the privledge of working for efficient and friendly managment
Always got along well with all co-workers, making for a fun work atmosphere.
The hardest part of my most current job would be learning new processes as quickly and effectively as possible.
The most enjoyable part of my job is the constant bust and fast paced work with a fun and friendly group.
Pros
excellent student wages.
Cons
hard on the body
Staff and employees were wonderful to work with and for.
Parts Person (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABAugust 1, 2012
Typical day at work would start with emailing back customer inquires and doind a follow up with the service department. Following that I would set up meeting with supplier representitives and place the inventory returns and orders through before 12:00 (always a strict deadline.) Management and co-workers worked extremely well together. The hardest part of the job was the shifts I had to work and the most enjoyable part were the people I got to work with.
Amazing company
Process Engineer (Former Employee) –  Alliston, ONDecember 17, 2012
Working at Honda made me feel like I was part of the family. My co-workers were amazing, management really listened to everyone. I think thats how they have been so successful. The hardest part of the job was to remain competitive by cutting as much as possible while still maintaing quality. Oddly enough, this was the most enjoyable as well. It was fantastic feeling when something you work really hard on finally pans out and it ends up being an improvement!
Pros
too many to mention
Cons
had to drop my kids off to daycare so early and pick up late - why i left
Great pay and opportunity for advancement
Final Assembly Associate (Former Employee) –  Alliston, ONMay 8, 2013
I only worked here for a short time before the recession hit but I left do to taking care of a very ill relative at the time, and they after that the recession hit and was unable to get my job back. While I was there the pay was great of course, and the work schedule was reasonable and expected with this type of job. Wish I had another opportunity
Pros
great pay and benefits
Cons
far from where i am originally from
Good place to work and make professional connections
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Markham, ONOctober 21, 2012
A typical day at work is smooth and steady. I have learned a lot about administrative services and its significance as part of a company. With a strong and efficient administrative services department, a company is able to really thrive. My co-workers are excellent and so far, I haven't experienced any difficult aspects of the job. I enjoy being of assistance to associates.
Worked with an excellent supervisor and great team.
Administrative Assistant/ Inventory Control (Former Employee) –  Markham, ONJanuary 17, 2014
The Parts Inventory Department was organized and well managed by the supervisor and Manager. They were always available to offer assistance when required and made it easy to approach them for any concerns. During the not so busy times, there were always short huddles at someone's desk for casual chats without disrupting the business of the day.

Family was always taken in consideration if time was needed as long as coverage for the desk could be arranged without making you feel guilty. Team members pitched in to help out each other in busy times.
Pros
great department leadership and team effort and never required to work past your time.
Cons
contract position for extended periods with no benefits or security
Very active place to work
Assembly Worker (Former Employee) –  Alliston, ONJuly 10, 2013
Working at Honda i learned how to check the seals around the door, make sure they were clipped in properly, if any were missing i would have to replace them.
Management was easy to get along with, so was the co-workers, very polite and easy to talk to .

The hardest part of the job was trying to get in their .
The most enjoyable part was getting paid and getting out of my house and meeting new people , helping others out.
great place to work
Assembly Line worker (Former Employee) –  AllisstonNovember 24, 2014
great place to work, great ppl, lots of ot, would for sure like to get back in if I can. Job is boring but the ppl and money make it worth it. full time is not available. life long contracts with no benefits.
Pros
money
Cons
no advancement/full time/benefits
good pay, bad benefits for contracts
Production Associate (Current Employee) –  Alliston, ONFebruary 28, 2013
Work at Honda is great, however, if you are not a permanent employee which may take up to 6 years to become you are basically not considered an employee. You can not apply for better jobs, you do not get any vacation ( 2-3 days but you have to book it after the permanent employees do), you can not upgrade your skills via education programs, and you are not entitled to a staff discount on vehicles.
Safe Productive Atmosphere
Industrial Maintenance Electrician (Current Employee) –  Alliston, ONFebruary 7, 2013
A typical day at Honda starts and ends with a shift meetings where we pass of the day’s events to the shift coming on. During a typical day includes trouble shooting both electrical and mechanical systems, and daily maintenance such as checks which include the electrical and mechanical status eg. motor currents, oil levels, and general machine condition.

The hardest part of a typical day at Honda is also the best part which is when the machine goes down it is my job to get it back up a running as quickly as possible. During these conditions you have a lot of pressure to perform safely and productively which can be very stressful and rewarding at the same time
Pros
safe atmoshpere, good benifits, every day is different.
Cons
3 shift rotation
fast paced and fun
General Cafeteria Associate (Former Employee) –  Alliston, ONApril 11, 2012
The cafeteria was fast paced and a happy place to be employed. The Managers and supervisors were always friendly and considerate of employees.

We worked as a team in every dept. whether it was dishwashing or a simple task of cleaning tables and taking out trash.
Pros
consideration of employees, all round fun place to work, hours flew by
Cons
some honda associates were rude but nothing major
Factory Work
Assembly Worker (Former Employee) –  Alliston, ONNovember 4, 2012
Factory job, worked shift work. Typical day consisted of four 2 hour quarters working on the line. I worked in the weld department with power & air tools (lift assists,drills etc). The hardest part of this job would definitely be the shift work (6am-3pm day shift, 4:30pm-1am afternoon shift on 2 week intervals) and also it was a pretty phsyical job. However, I found the job sometimes challenging which I really liked. I also liked the oppurtunity to work over-time. I loved all the people I worked with who were fun & helped make work enjoyable. I really learned about working in a team environment. It was important to work together to produce quotas, etc. A lot of the management were really nice & pleasant to talk too, and if you had a problem they would try to help you solve it.
Pros
great people
Cons
shift work
Summer employment at Honda
Student summer contract (Former Employee) –  Alliston, ONNovember 20, 2014
My typical day at work at Honda was to get up for my shift which was at 6:30-3 which were the day shifts or 4:30-1 for afternoon shifts. As a summer student we did shift work. Then I would get to work put my nice white uniform on and clock in and head to my appropriate work place which was in bumper paint. I learned from this job that shift work is hard to get used to, but I also learned what "real life" work is. The management here at Honda was very good, as student workers they were very helpful with us if any of us had a problem or an issue with a job or coworker. The coworkers were all different in there own way but I did get along with all of them, working in a factory setting though I did find on spare time some of the full timers did start arguing with others for no reason. The hardest part of the job was getting used to the shift work, and the most enjoyable part of the job was to learn all the cool things on how to make a car and meeting a bunch of nice people.
Pros
end of summer bonus
Cons
shift work
enjoyable workplace
General Help (Current Employee) –  Alliston, ONOctober 27, 2014
-Lifting heavy boxes,
-Serving food
-Dealing with customers

Hardest part of the job- dealing with co-workers who talk badly about others
Most enjoyable part of the job-Meeting and talking with new faces everyday
Pros
free food
Cons
short breaks, and unstable company
A prestigious and a very stable company. Very proud to be in this company.
SERVICE SUPERVISOR / TRAINOR (Current Employee) –  P07October 27, 2012
Although this company is a good and stable one, working is not anymore enjoyable because some co-workers have this crab mentality. To gain higher positions, sometimes politics is envolve.
Pros
compared to other companies in the same industry, it has a greater benefits.
Cons
promotion is very slow. stagnant in my present position