Honda Employee Reviews

Line work was not for me
Line Assembly Associate-Weld Department (Former Employee) –  alliston, ONOctober 16, 2015
It was extremely repetitive work that required no thought. As long as you did what they wanted it they were happy but no one had a sense of humour in the place
Pros
christmas parties
Cons
shift work
Not what is used to be
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Alliston, ONJuly 21, 2015
Everyone starts out as contract and making 17 a hour, but it will take you forever to become full time and then it will take you about another 25 years to get up to full rate. Never enjoyed going to work especially when person beside me was making 33 a hour to do the same job I was the only difference they got in the company before they changed all the guidelines
Stable job but no growth oppurtunities
Honda Associate MRO & Machinery (Current Employee) –  Alliston, ONJune 17, 2015
This is a steady job, typical 9-5. You look after almost everything under your accounts with very little or no support from managment. These positions should be called Account Managment with some speciallity; However, the employees are often under rated and is considered an "Associate" with minimum salary and little oppurtunity to grow.
Pros
Steady job
Cons
Little to no growth
Great people, tough work for the pay
AUTOMOTIVE ASSEMBLY LINE WORKER (Former Employee) –  Tottenham, ONJune 22, 2015
Very hard job, will wreck your body due to repetitiveness. Company has started paying less each year, to the point where it is now not worth working there for what they pay. Good stability though, and workers were great with fun atmosphere. Nice clean work environment. Short breaks.
Pros
Stability
Cons
Hard on body, pay
New Head Office Campus for Honda Canada
Assistant Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Markham, ONMay 14, 2015
A challenging, multi-faceted project. New location for Honda Canada Corporate offices included a 4 storey office tower including a commercial kitchen and cafeteria, Training and Research Centre, classrooms and automotive bays for dealership mechanics training and an inter-connected 225,000 sf Parts Distribution Warehouse which required an Fmin 100 Super Flat slab-on-grade
A fast paced fun atmosphere
Bilingual Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 14, 2015
Typical day was never typical. No day was every the same. What needed to be done was done and there was little micro managing. I learnt and was encouraged to trust my judgment on what needed to be done and to do it. Listening, using common sense and being pre-emptive with what would be needed to help not only the department, company and customers was encouraged.
For a call centre environment the people had access to a huge amount of information and were supported in their decision making abilities. Fun, nice and supportive environment.
The hardest part of the job was was struggling to get all aspects/departments of the company to be in the same page in terms of problems, concerns and solutions. Often felt like we were fighting against each other to achieve the same goal.
Pros
Great people, dedicated and smart.
Cons
Room for advancement limited.
Productive workplace
PRODUCTION LINE WORKER (Former Employee) –  Alliston, Ont.January 22, 2015
A typical day at work would include working in a face pace environment while maintaining excellent quality
I learn the importance of paying close attention to details and working efficiently.
management had good communication skills.
The co-workers was helpful and worked as a team.
The hardest part of the job was maintaining speed and accuracy.
The most enjoyable part of the job was working as a team and helping each other.
Pros
great pay
Cons
physically demanding
Excellent employer, provided many opportunities for advancement.
Senior Buyer (Former Employee) –  Alliston, ONDecember 19, 2014
The company was very family driven as they expected strong teamwork in return for a good income and strong benefit package. The targets were very demanding but fair. Everyone was treated equally with a one citizen policy, each person in the company wore the same uniform and you were expected to treat all with respect. They had a strong sense of safety and went to extremes to ensure a safe workplace.
Pros
great benfits, safe workplace, fair salary and good feedback on performance.
Cons
very large organization, easy to feel lost. cultural differences sometimes hard to understand.
Repetative and boring
XP associate (Current Employee) –  Alliston, ONJuly 5, 2015
Everyday is the exact same thing, for eight hours we are inspecting cars and sanding out any defects before they get painted.
Pros
Good pay, close to home
Cons
Repetative in nature
Terrible
Worker (Former Employee) –  allistonJuly 18, 2015
pretty much a slave camp.....not worth the 20 an hour. Terrible atmosphere as well. Break periods are timed from the moment the line stops. Contract for life type of position
Very productive and a fun workplace
Assistant PDI Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJuly 21, 2014
It was a very competitive job. but a lot of fun. i got to work with cars all the time which was amazing. learning everything about each car. driving them everyday. i learned to be patient. more detail oriented. and more keen to perfection. the hardest part of the job was the hours. i would be there at 7:30am till about 6 or 7pm. work has to get done so we all stay until it is. the most fun part about it was we worked at our own pace. as long as we got it done our superiors were very happy with my team.
productive workplace with the other employees
professinal car detailer (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge , onDecember 2, 2013
A typical day at work would be to start off to check the calender to see if there are any deliveries to be done then start with service cars that come down to to washed or come down for detail packages.

I have learned alot then i have expected while working for honda 7 , i have found out how to properly clean and detail a automobile and how to properly shampoo and vacuume the vechile .

The most enjoyable part of this experience that i have had was that i had the chance to be around automobileS as i am a car enthusiast , There was no down fall to this job i enjoyed coming in ech and every day to work.
Pros
free lunches
My first time to handle CNC machines
CNC OPERATOR (milling) (Former Employee) –  PhilippinesNovember 9, 2013
working 8 hours as CNC operator, i learn how to operate and maintaining the Quality of work. Management is supportive and my co-workers are good and helpful.
The hardest part of the job is when the machine is running and having a broken tool or having a power failure. It's difficult to recover the machine and resuming the running program.
The most enjoyable part is when i learn all about the machine and how to do machine recovery and meet all target work in a day.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
I have really enjoyed working for the company of Honda and feel as though I have gained many skills by doing so, such as
Assembly Line Associate (Current Employee) –  Alliston, ONAugust 13, 2013
Busy fast paced work environment.
Developed excellent attention to detail, multi tasking, eyes on task, and problem solving skills.
Had the privledge of working for efficient and friendly managment
Always got along well with all co-workers, making for a fun work atmosphere.
The hardest part of my most current job would be learning new processes as quickly and effectively as possible.
The most enjoyable part of my job is the constant bust and fast paced work with a fun and friendly group.
Pros
excellent student wages.
Cons
hard on the body
Staff and employees were wonderful to work with and for.
Parts Person (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABAugust 1, 2012
Typical day at work would start with emailing back customer inquires and doind a follow up with the service department. Following that I would set up meeting with supplier representitives and place the inventory returns and orders through before 12:00 (always a strict deadline.) Management and co-workers worked extremely well together. The hardest part of the job was the shifts I had to work and the most enjoyable part were the people I got to work with.
Amazing company
Process Engineer (Former Employee) –  Alliston, ONDecember 17, 2012
Working at Honda made me feel like I was part of the family. My co-workers were amazing, management really listened to everyone. I think thats how they have been so successful. The hardest part of the job was to remain competitive by cutting as much as possible while still maintaing quality. Oddly enough, this was the most enjoyable as well. It was fantastic feeling when something you work really hard on finally pans out and it ends up being an improvement!
Pros
too many to mention
Cons
had to drop my kids off to daycare so early and pick up late - why i left
Great pay and opportunity for advancement
Final Assembly Associate (Former Employee) –  Alliston, ONMay 8, 2013
I only worked here for a short time before the recession hit but I left do to taking care of a very ill relative at the time, and they after that the recession hit and was unable to get my job back. While I was there the pay was great of course, and the work schedule was reasonable and expected with this type of job. Wish I had another opportunity
Pros
great pay and benefits
Cons
far from where i am originally from
Duties varied enough to keep mind occupied.
Office Clerk/Accounts Payable (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 14, 2014
Started out as temp assignment (3 months), extended (6 years).

Generated vouchers, creating one-time vendors and reactivations.

Handled filing of same, plus other documents. Archiving as needed.

Handled in-coming and out-going mail. Used mechanical mailing machine. Provided secondary sort of non-personal mail.
Pros
co-workers co-operative.
Cons
long commute.
Good place to work and make professional connections
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Markham, ONOctober 21, 2012
A typical day at work is smooth and steady. I have learned a lot about administrative services and its significance as part of a company. With a strong and efficient administrative services department, a company is able to really thrive. My co-workers are excellent and so far, I haven't experienced any difficult aspects of the job. I enjoy being of assistance to associates.
Very active place to work
Assembly Worker (Former Employee) –  Alliston, ONJuly 10, 2013
Working at Honda i learned how to check the seals around the door, make sure they were clipped in properly, if any were missing i would have to replace them.
Management was easy to get along with, so was the co-workers, very polite and easy to talk to .

The hardest part of the job was trying to get in their .
The most enjoyable part was getting paid and getting out of my house and meeting new people , helping others out.