Honda Employee Reviews

Line worker (Former Employee) –  Alliston, ON16 September 2016
Working online assembling the cars and trucks was a very fast paced and environment and a very great learning experience I started out as casual and left to come here to Fort McMurray before being hired full t
Pros
People nd management were great
Cons
Shift work
Great summer job
Student Summer Job (Former Employee) –  Alliston, ON27 August 2016
On Day shift starts at 6:30am, afternoons starts at 4:30pm. I worked in the paint department, it was very hot all the time during the summer. I got trained on various jobs in my department so I had a nice rotation all day. Most of the people I worked with were great, management is almost always available to answer questions and concerns. Hardest part of job would be the heat and the physical work, most enjoyable would be the people that I worked with.
Summer Student
Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Alliston, On24 August 2016
Positive work environment, friendly co-workers.

The company was very safety oriented and provided a good learning environment with an industrial setting of work.
Cars and customers, my two favorite things
Sales & Leasing Representative (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, AB23 August 2016
A typical day involves making calls to previous customers and making sure they aren't in need of a new car or have questions about their existing vehicle. I talk to showroom customers, describe the benefits of each vehicle and overcome objections they may have. I am part of the internet team so I receive emails to my personal cellphone over the course of a day and I must return the customers emails within 4-7 minutes of getting the initial emails. I make sure that inventory is in a good location and that our lot looks immaculate. I work closely with co-workers and management team to overcome objections customer may have. I have learned so much over the last 10 years of selling, everything from providing exceptional customer service to helping customers understand about the vehicles and the value they are getting when purchasing. I love people and I love cars so I love this job. I would love to get into management because I currently see all of the things that could be improved so we retain valued customer satisfaction.
Pros
good wage, good product
Cons
long hours, management could be improved if someone cared
Auto Worker (Current Employee) –  Alliston, ON22 August 2016
One of the best employers north of Toronto. Great company philosophy and management. Number one in quality control. Fair to employees all around.
Pros
Cons
takes long time to become permanent.
good
Assemblier Labourer (Former Employee) –  Ontario13 July 2016
Good job. Repetitive work. You will start as a contract worker and it takes about 5 years to reach full time status. Good if you don't mind doing the same job as a full timer but getting paid WAY less.
Pros
hours, people, pay
Cons
unfair time to be a contract
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Tottenham, ON11 July 2016
Honda was a great environment to work. You work very closely with your team which I always felt improved quality. There was a great deal of communication amongst employers and employees.
Pros
Cafeteria, Pay, Team
Cons
Repetitive
easy work with amazing benefits
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Alliston, ON4 July 2016
Switch shift rotation is okay. There are lots of great holidays and opportunity for advancement. Simple physical jobs, standing on your feet all day. Very easy and worth the pay and steady hours.
You feel proud working Honda being a global company wherein each associate's idea are considered.
Total Quality Control - Manager (Former Employee) –  Philippines10 June 2016
I really enjoyed working in Honda Philippines that I almost did not notice that I've been employed there for almost 20 years. Training is always available for those who are willing to take the challenges of career improvement. The level of management is excellent. Company's policies are well observed and yearly action plans are broken down to every associate. In this way every fiscal year targets are achieved.
Pros
Extended medical benefits, mid year and year end bonuses
Cons
Long travel hours from home
Hardest time working at Honda
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON31 May 2016
One of the sales sold an Honda Civic to the customer and realize the car engine had some problem, the car wouldn't go over 100km/hr so had to go through warranty. Vehicle was only picked up for 1 day so had to get an exchange. We gave the customer a temporary car to drive but not what he was expected, the customer was very angry and giving rude languages to our colleagues and we had to give him special promotions for him to let it go. This case proves customer service is very important and no matter what happen's we always have to look at the customers first.
Rewarding Work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Pickering, ON29 May 2016
Do your training differently and help your staff grow so that they'll feel motivated to continue on with the company! I'd met people who'd moved around Honda in the last 10 years but always seemed to have entry level positions.
Pros
The cafeteria food was also good and affordable and the salary was well above average.
Cons
There seemed to be little room for growth and/or advancement
bomma rail road
Assemble line worker (Former Employee) –  Alliston, ON6 May 2016
you are a robot and if you brake down you are no good to them so you get tossed aside for them to keep the line going and you are required to work Saturdays if not you are looked down on and the full timers treat you like dirt when thay do the same even more and get way more and get treated with more respect and you do the same work but get the pain.
Pros
money
Cons
co workers
productive and good working environment
quality inspector (Former Employee) –  Alliston, ON29 April 2016
it was good working here . the rules there were strict and we faced the viva 3 times a day .. the supervisors there vere really good and the co workers were really nice .
Respectable work environment
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ON28 April 2016
Answer phones, File car deals, Cash out car deals, Keep customers occupied until sales representative can see them. I enjoy working with all of my co-workers and learn new things everyday. I work and meet friendly people from all over Ontario. I provide information about Honda cars and used cars we may have available on our lot.
Well compensated
Associate (Former Employee) –  plant 122 April 2016
Good job good wage good people. if you don't expect too much than its great. lots of extra perks ( rec plex, sports leagues, parties)
Pros
well paid
Cons
same thing everyday
Productive with no employee satisfaction
Automotive Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Alliston, ON13 April 2016
Working at Honda Manufacturing is a good place to work for the wages and structure, it has friendly employees, high production and lots of opportunities for employee involvement. It lacks in employee satisfaction from management of all levels.
Pros
Competitive Wages
Cons
Shift work with mandatory overtime
Good Pay For Easy Work
PARTS QUALITY INSPECTION (Current Employee) –  Alliston, ON12 April 2016
Overall it is a good experience. The breaks are a bit short at 10 minutes which includes walking to and from break area. Standing on your feet all day is difficult at times. Due to the work being easy it can be a long day. However, the co-workers are generally friendly and easy to get along with.
Pros
great people
Cons
breaks to short
Productive and well paid
Associate (Current Employee) –  Alliston, ON11 April 2016
Great workplace with a good working atmosphere and the best people ive met. well compensated by wages and bonuses and too many perks to even list.
Productive place to work at
Service Attendant (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON15 March 2016
Honda is a very productive and growing place to work at, they give extensive training and there is a lot of room to grow as an employee.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
don't get paid enough
productive and commited to the community
Tire Support (Former Employee) –  Alliston, ON15 March 2016
great people and cool working environment with emphasis in safety.
clso the company offer great benefit to his employee ,that make them improve their lifestyle.