Honda Employee Reviews

Not a good place to work
Production associate (Current Employee) –  Alliston, ON15 March 2017
Only offers contract work with no commitment to permanent status. Contracts typically last 5+ years before any offer of permanent employment is made. Then takes 10 years to make full pay rate.
Not a great place to work.
Directrice financière (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC13 March 2017
Low pay, many hours (60 a week), management issues at the dealership I was working for. No respect. (If you are sick you are frowned upon, it was like a dictatorship at that dealership. Was lied to about the salary. Went from 80 000$ to 31 200$.

I would not return. Plus side, I learned about the automotive industry, the owner was great, but unfortunately he has many dealerships and left managers take care of things, and the company did not represent the owner as a person or his vision. All the sales managers acted like bosses, not leaders and thought they were all general managers/directors and did not do their duties as sales managers/directors, but were more dictators, even so much as to think they can manage other directors (like myself). It was unpleasant. Furthermore, one employee in specific thought she was the president and would yell at employees, have not respect for anyone and made the environment intolerable.

I did enjoy working with a few people there, liked my job, but it was impossible.

The product, is a quality product.
Pros
Owner was kind, good product
Cons
See comments.
Honda is a great place to work
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Alliston, ON9 March 2017
Honda treats all their employees with respect and does not centre anyone out or treat each person different. Overall it was a great atmosphere with a very concerned and caring production team. The job was hard and strenuous at first, but after a few months your body gets used to all the bending, kneeling, sitting, standing positions required for the assembly line. The only downfall to this job was driving the 1.5 + hours to and from work everyday.
Pros
great management
Cons
long drive to work
Great place to work, Too many hours required
Mechanical Engineer (Current Employee) –  Alliston, ON26 February 2017
Honda is a great place to work, but you are required to work 6 days a week and 55 to 60 hours per week on average. Very competitive wadges and excellent benifits if you somehow manage to get on full time.
good working place
auto technician (Former Employee) –  pamppanga Philippines26 February 2017
work, true experience, good management, good working culture, the team building and company outing. not enough salary to build a family just working at that job.
Great place to work!
Assembly Line Worker (Current Employee) –  Alliston, ON20 February 2017
Honda provides a great rate of pay, with benefits and overtime when needed. Always been treated fairly!
6:30-3pm day shifts, usually make about 850 units per day (both shifts) 4:30-1am afternoon shift.
Pros
Cafe
Cons
Shift work
Honda Review
Sales Administrator (Former Employee) –  Orleans, ON13 February 2017
Working at Honda was one of my best jobs. Career advancement seemed very plausible. All of the management was quite nice. Environment flowed and was very clean!
good place to work
Senior Consultant/Analyst Programmer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 February 2017
work means you are busy.
this is a serious working place and no time to waste.
you have to be ready to work as soon as you join at most 2 hours.
and you are very much independent in your working.
Pros
serious work place
Cons
no flex working hours
Good opportunities for young professionals, can be very demanding
Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  Alliston, ON3 February 2017
A lot of opportunities to learn and grow skills. Honda offers opportunities for career advancement, however, it demands more than a 40 hour work week. There are a lot of benefits and associate activities. Very stable place to work
Pros
Staffed cafeteria, benefits, salary
Cons
Lots of overtime can be required, hard to plan life outside of work
Fun and good place to work, work not for everyone.
HCM Associate (Former Employee) –  Alliston, ON31 January 2017
Learned how to work at fast paces and meet deadlines. Good workplace culture. Hardest part is being on your feet all day at fast paces, best part is good pay.
Enjoyable place to work, employees treated very well.
Student Associate (Former Employee) –  Alliston, ON30 January 2017
I worked at Honda as a co-op student after my first year of university. I worked on the manufacturing line that assembles the Honda CR-V. The job could be repetitive at times but once I learned more roles the job became more enjoyable. Honda has an excellent kaizen philosophy and truly values the opinion of every employee. Pay was extremely fair and my relationships with the full time staff were good.
Pros
Felt valued
Cons
slightly repetitive
Belle place à travaillé
Réceptionniste (Current Employee) –  Boucherville, QC28 January 2017
belle expérience . J ai appris beaucoup. Les gens sont agréable à travaillé .
Pros
Belle complicité entre collègue
Cons
Pas assez d'heure
Honda offers alot of perks for working with them
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Alliston, ON24 January 2017
Sports facility, company Gym, Company paid for workshop, (complete with tools). Cafe in plant, safety shoes and glases provided. uniform provided.
Pros
caff in plant
Cons
repetitive type work, high school environment with co workers
my work experience
Service Wash (Current Employee) –  Maple, ON23 January 2017
once I punch in I go directly to the service drive through to direct costumers to there appointments and manage the mourning rush of cars. as per manager request I will do a battery test on cars then attend too the wash bay and wash customer's cars. in my years of working at Honda I have learned how to properly wash and dry cars, oil changes tires swops, deliver parts etc. overall the management and staff make it a nice environment to work in.
Pros
great envierment because of the staff and occationally buying lunch during the week.
Cons
no room growth.
Honda was a very productive place to work for, and taught me a great number of skills.
Contract Labourer (Former Employee) –  Alliston, ON18 January 2017
a typical work day varied from customer request and demands, I was expected to be able to switch different types of jobs from assembly, quality control and job replacement for sick or injured co-workers.

I've learned a number of different things while working with Honda of Canada MFG. I learned a great number of different skills and uses of tools and machines, Time management and Working with a large amount of co-workers and team members.

The management at Honda of Canada MFG. was outstanding, managers were always there to assist me with any questions or concerns I may have had. and were always willing to teach me different jobs and tool use's to help grow the company further and in fulfilling work orders.

The co-workers at Honda were helpful and willing to help me learn the jobs that were required of me. And took the time to make sure that jobs were learned and completed in a timely and professional manner.

The hardest part of my job I would have to say, was to be able to switch jobs at a moments notice and to be able to lift heavy and strenuous parts and supplies for a long period of time.

The most enjoyable part of my job was finishing are large order of vechicles before the requierd time given. And getting recognition in completing a job well done.
Pros
gym memberships, summer BBQ's, holiday parties
Cons
working long hours during the night shift, and required to switch jobs jobs at a moments notice.
Enjoyable
Technician Assistant (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON16 January 2017
Whilst working at Honda I made a good deal of friends and had an amazing time working for the company. However, some of my co-workers were far less kind and managed to bully me out of working with them. Overall, fun but fun went too far.
Great Job
Customer Relations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON13 January 2017
Management is determined towards the growth of the company and that can be seen on a daily basis. The work atmosphere is great and the team oriented tasks are great.
Pros
teamwork
Cons
contract
if you want challenge yourself, apply here
Engineering Project Leader (Former Employee) –  Alliston, ON11 January 2017
Overall great and interesting place to work, especially if you are in automotive, industrial automation and like to challenge yourself.
I would be cautious if your lifestyle is about 8-4, full weekend and regular long vacations. No such things there.
But if you like to work hard, have a nice people around who always give a hand, may be it's place for you. Sometimes I felt like in army...
Anyway, interesting experience can't forget.
Pros
Free Honda uniform- less laundry at home, good people environment
Cons
Sometimes unpredictable long hours, no weekends, very early mornings
environement positif
Entretien des lieux de travail (Former Employee) –  St. Jerome, QC11 January 2017
changer des pneus faire le ménage de son environnement de travail et aider les mécaniciens
only good for the full timers
Bilingual Customer Relations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 January 2017
good until you find a good job. no room for advancement. no chance of permanence. bad management team and seniors. keep looking.
Pros
fun for a while
Cons
rotten management and seniors.