Honda Employee Reviews

Honda Review
Sales Administrator (Former Employee) –  Orleans, ON13 February 2017
Working at Honda was one of my best jobs. Career advancement seemed very plausible. All of the management was quite nice. Environment flowed and was very clean!
good place to work
Senior Consultant/Analyst Programmer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 February 2017
work means you are busy.
this is a serious working place and no time to waste.
you have to be ready to work as soon as you join at most 2 hours.
and you are very much independent in your working.
Pros
serious work place
Cons
no flex working hours
Good opportunities for young professionals, can be very demanding
Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  Alliston, ON3 February 2017
A lot of opportunities to learn and grow skills. Honda offers opportunities for career advancement, however, it demands more than a 40 hour work week. There are a lot of benefits and associate activities. Very stable place to work
Pros
Staffed cafeteria, benefits, salary
Cons
Lots of overtime can be required, hard to plan life outside of work
Fun and good place to work, work not for everyone.
HCM Associate (Former Employee) –  Alliston, ON31 January 2017
Learned how to work at fast paces and meet deadlines. Good workplace culture. Hardest part is being on your feet all day at fast paces, best part is good pay.
Enjoyable place to work, employees treated very well.
Student Associate (Former Employee) –  Alliston, ON30 January 2017
I worked at Honda as a co-op student after my first year of university. I worked on the manufacturing line that assembles the Honda CR-V. The job could be repetitive at times but once I learned more roles the job became more enjoyable. Honda has an excellent kaizen philosophy and truly values the opinion of every employee. Pay was extremely fair and my relationships with the full time staff were good.
Pros
Felt valued
Cons
slightly repetitive
Belle place à travaillé
Réceptionniste (Current Employee) –  Boucherville, QC28 January 2017
belle expérience . J ai appris beaucoup. Les gens sont agréable à travaillé .
Pros
Belle complicité entre collègue
Cons
Pas assez d'heure
Honda offers alot of perks for working with them
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Alliston, ON24 January 2017
Sports facility, company Gym, Company paid for workshop, (complete with tools). Cafe in plant, safety shoes and glases provided. uniform provided.
Pros
caff in plant
Cons
repetitive type work, high school environment with co workers
my work experience
Service Wash (Current Employee) –  Maple, ON23 January 2017
once I punch in I go directly to the service drive through to direct costumers to there appointments and manage the mourning rush of cars. as per manager request I will do a battery test on cars then attend too the wash bay and wash customer's cars. in my years of working at Honda I have learned how to properly wash and dry cars, oil changes tires swops, deliver parts etc. overall the management and staff make it a nice environment to work in.
Pros
great envierment because of the staff and occationally buying lunch during the week.
Cons
no room growth.
Honda was a very productive place to work for, and taught me a great number of skills.
Contract Labourer (Former Employee) –  Alliston, ON18 January 2017
a typical work day varied from customer request and demands, I was expected to be able to switch different types of jobs from assembly, quality control and job replacement for sick or injured co-workers.

I've learned a number of different things while working with Honda of Canada MFG. I learned a great number of different skills and uses of tools and machines, Time management and Working with a large amount of co-workers and team members.

The management at Honda of Canada MFG. was outstanding, managers were always there to assist me with any questions or concerns I may have had. and were always willing to teach me different jobs and tool use's to help grow the company further and in fulfilling work orders.

The co-workers at Honda were helpful and willing to help me learn the jobs that were required of me. And took the time to make sure that jobs were learned and completed in a timely and professional manner.

The hardest part of my job I would have to say, was to be able to switch jobs at a moments notice and to be able to lift heavy and strenuous parts and supplies for a long period of time.

The most enjoyable part of my job was finishing are large order of vechicles before the requierd time given. And getting recognition in completing a job well done.
Pros
gym memberships, summer BBQ's, holiday parties
Cons
working long hours during the night shift, and required to switch jobs jobs at a moments notice.
Enjoyable
Technician Assistant (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON16 January 2017
Whilst working at Honda I made a good deal of friends and had an amazing time working for the company. However, some of my co-workers were far less kind and managed to bully me out of working with them. Overall, fun but fun went too far.
Great Job
Customer Relations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON13 January 2017
Management is determined towards the growth of the company and that can be seen on a daily basis. The work atmosphere is great and the team oriented tasks are great.
Pros
teamwork
Cons
contract
if you want challenge yourself, apply here
Engineering Project Leader (Former Employee) –  Alliston, ON11 January 2017
Overall great and interesting place to work, especially if you are in automotive, industrial automation and like to challenge yourself.
I would be cautious if your lifestyle is about 8-4, full weekend and regular long vacations. No such things there.
But if you like to work hard, have a nice people around who always give a hand, may be it's place for you. Sometimes I felt like in army...
Anyway, interesting experience can't forget.
Pros
Free Honda uniform- less laundry at home, good people environment
Cons
Sometimes unpredictable long hours, no weekends, very early mornings
environement positif
Entretien des lieux de travail (Former Employee) –  St. Jerome, QC11 January 2017
changer des pneus faire le ménage de son environnement de travail et aider les mécaniciens
only good for the full timers
Bilingual Customer Relations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 January 2017
good until you find a good job. no room for advancement. no chance of permanence. bad management team and seniors. keep looking.
Pros
fun for a while
Cons
rotten management and seniors.
Exploitive and Asian favouritism
Helpdesk Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 January 2017
Helps to be asian.
The Japanese in the company exploit the African Americans.
The same employees in the helpdesk have been outsourced for over 15 years, mainly consisting of African Americans, who are never hired permanently, while the dept and role is permanent.
Agencies force the contractor to be a business, taking huge cuts of their salary. They have lost out on over 10 years of building vacation and pension and will never be hired permanently.
Creates a lot of jobs for the community.
Assembler/Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Alliston, ON6 January 2017
Sadly, works people hard with few being offered full time employment. But, runs like a Swiss watch. Produces awesome vehicles.
Pros
Clean steady highly paid work for full time employees.
Cons
Temporary employment produces unhappy low-paid workers.
Environnement de travail Production
Responsable du service à la clientèle (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC30 November 2016
j'ai touché différents poste , j'ai appris à gérer les situation stressantes , appris les différentes garanties honda
Pros
payer à la semaine
Cons
manque de gestion
good
Industrial Cleaner (Former Employee) –  alliston plant 225 November 2016
good, I guess. I really have no complaints. The drive was a little long for my taste. I prefer a shorter commute. Lot of sweeping and washing windows.
steady shift work job
Student Contract (Former Employee) –  Alliston, ON23 November 2016
Not much to say about this job as it was a "student summer contract". overall a decent place to work. shift work that wasn't always routine and factory work job. A good place and stepping stone for a student to make/save money and create potential future opportunity.
Health benefits
Quality Inspector (Current Employee) –  Alliston, ON20 November 2016
Good and enthusiastic environment all employers are motivating. Company is good and nice place to work and employers oriented. All safety measures are available
Pros
Cheap food
Cons
Long work time

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Honda. Our community is ready to answer.