Honda

Honda Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
good place to work, friendly people
AC/AP (Former Employee), Red Deer, ABNovember 11, 2013
do cash balance, go to bank, go through invoices, enter them, pay invoices. worked good with others, hardest part balancing cash. most enjoyable, working with others.
Very active place to work
Assembly Worker (Former Employee), Alliston, ONJuly 10, 2013
Working at Honda i learned how to check the seals around the door, make sure they were clipped in properly, if any were missing i would have to replace them.
Management was easy to get along with, so was the co-workers, very polite and easy to talk to .

The hardest part of the job was trying to get in their .
The most enjoyable part was getting paid – more... and getting out of my house and meeting new people , helping others out. – less
Associate
Associate (Former Employee), Alliston, ONJune 3, 2013
Pros: salary and benefits.
Cons: shift change.
Paint, line and parts quality, office, trainer, preparation, delivery.

sssss – July 7, 2013

WOW! 4 out of 5 stars? You obviously never got sick or injured and had to deal with medical or associate services. I'm pretty sure HCM has a social media policy by know for current employees. Management managed to shut down the HCM Facebook account.

Not A Bad Work Environment Just Don't Get Sick
Production Associate (Former Employee), Alliston, Ontario, CanadaJanuary 23, 2013
Pros: good pay, benefits, product discounts
Cons: management, unscrupulous company policies, excessive control over employees
Work is extremely repetitive but makes the day go by faster. At times the work can be physically demanding which may result in repetitive stress injuries. Co-workers are your average "blue Collar" type which were easy to get along with. Washroom breaks are documented and no sitting is permitted during core work time.

Learned how to work as a team, – more... quality control and be highly productive... to the point that keeping up with "the line" can be difficult for some people.

Management for the most part are uneducated people who have been trained to follow and enforce company policies. It's not uncommon for management when confronted on a policy to "make it up" in favour of management. Upon employee disciplinary action, don't expect ANY copies of any documents. If you're legitimately sick and require time off or require sick benefits for medical issues/time off, you're flagged by the company which may result in no job advancement and being put on "coach / counselling" for attendance.

So, if you're healthy and never get sick, have a thick skin and tolerance for this type of work environment, look no further. You'll fit right in with this régime. – less

sssss – July 14, 2013

(Wikipedia) An employee with chronic fatigue had initially won a wrongful dismissal case against Honda of Canada Manufacturing and was awarded $500,000 in punitive damages with two years back pay. However, in June 2008 the highest court in Canada ultimately erased the punitive damages award and reduced the back pay to 15 months salary. The employee still 'won' but received $100k Moral of the story. DON'T GET SICK OR INJURED WHILE EMPLOYED AT HCM! The company WILL fight you tooth and nail. All medical staff and WSIB adjudicators are told to raise reasonable doubt of one's illness or injury. A plant nurse was violently assaulted for playing games with an employee's disability claim. There is NO union at HCM.

Great
Quality Control Inspector, MA (Former Employee), Tallapoosa, GAApril 17, 2014
Management is great, they are always willing to work with you.
Fun workplace, good salary and job security.
Factory Worker (Former Employee), Swindon, ENGApril 17, 2014
Pros: lease car, health care
Cons: 3 shift pattern
At Honda I worked within the bumper department, here we all had deadlines to meet and this is something I really enjoyed, I like having deadlines and I am able to work under pressure. Each part I built I had to ensure it would be out within 90 seconds to a good standard.

From working at Honda I learnt how to pay attention to detail but also work fast – more... to ensure that I keep up with deadlines.

Although the noise at Honda was only just bearable I enjoyed working there and liked my co workers. – less
The car is more important than you.
General Associate (Former Employee), Swindon, ENGApril 16, 2014
Pros: brilliant pay and benefits, plenty of hours, always kept busy.
Cons: treated like a number, production is more important than the associate.
Honda makes you feel like another number on a long list of associates.
The enjoyment you feel for the place is down to who is above you in your area.
This makes the company as a whole very hard to review.
They have deep routed traditional Japanese work ethic which in my opinion does not meld well with western lifestyle.
Although i enjoyed my time there, – more... the enjoyment quickly subsided after a few months. – less
I enjoyed my job there because i stay busy
Assembler (Former Employee), Winchester, INApril 5, 2014
Pros: the break room was great always enough chairs and machines were always full
I would get my safe gear on then see what my quota for the day was then i would get started. I always took my first break but never the second that way I would stay a head. After I finshed my parts for the day i would go to my team leader to get put on another machine to run those parts.I learned 4 machines in one wk because im not stand around person.The – more... company pays for me to work so thats what i want to do. – less
Nice place to work
Data Entry (Former Employee), Tipp City, OHApril 2, 2014
Pros: being able to work third shift and as many hours as i could
Cons: they didn't direct hire me, i was employed through a temp service
I enjoyed working for Honda. It was a clean and fairly organized and not a stressful environment
Fun Place to work
Telesales Representative/parts advisor (Former Employee), Chiswick West LondonApril 1, 2014
Pros: great product
Cons: long travelling distance
Ringing customers and selling car/motorbike and power equipment services over the phone.

Updating details on the company system recording all information and plan future calls.

Marking between 80 - 100 calls a day.

Selling parts over the phone and over the counter.
Company stock check every six months.

Attending sales meetings with manager to ensure – more... all target are met. – less
russo
Receptionist (Former Employee), nynyApril 1, 2014
Answer phones and operate a switchboard.
Route calls to specific people.
Answer inquiries about company.
Greet visitors warmly and make sure they are comfortable.
Call persons waiting for visitor and book them a room to meet in.
Schedule meetings and conference rooms.
Make coffee and set out food.
Ensure reception area is tidy.
Coordinate mail flow – more... in and out of office.
Coordinate office activities.
Handle phone calls from people calling in sick.
Gather personal and insurance information.
Hand out employee applications.
Arrange appointments.
Cash out people when necessary.
Validate parking tickets.
Give visitors badges and direct them to where they can sign in.
Issue parking passes.
Send email and faxes.
Collect and distribute parcels and other mail.
Perform basic bookkeeping, filing, and clerical duties.
Prepare travel vouchers.
Take and relay messages.
Update appointment calendars.
Schedule follow-up appointments. – less
not so much productive
Mechanical Technician , Mechanic (Former Employee), Jabalpur, MPMarch 29, 2014
Cons: salary was very low
the manager of the company does not have manners to talk with employees , the only positive thing i have gained there that i went for 2 trainings through which i have enchanced my knowledge , my some of the co workers were very cooperative
Good place to start...
Engineer (Former Employee), Raymond, OHMarch 29, 2014
Pros: stable job
Cons: difficult to advance in the company, projects not exciting anymore, cafeteria is very unhealthy
Good place for a job. Not so much for a career. Management often has weak direction for projects and seldom listen to engineers innovative ideas. If you are a follower this is the place for you. If you want to innovate and work in a place with cutting edge technology look elsewhere.
productive very fun
Production Leader (Former Employee), Timmonsville, SCMarch 17, 2014
Pros: good food
Cons: good heathcare
I really did enjoyed my time at honda is was i great plant to work for i hated that my job was ended there i was working there temp
Lot can be learned here
Sr.Net Developer (Current Employee), Marysville, OHMarch 14, 2014
Pros: good work culture
Cons: short breaks
• Involved in Design, Development, and Testing and Deployment phases of Software Development Life Cycle. Actively participated in System Study and analyzing user requirements.
• Created admin screens and transactional screens such as operations and compliance disposition screens which have heavy traffic.
Fast pace and multitasking
Detailer (Former Employee), Westerville, OHMarch 12, 2014
Everything about this job is being able to do the best work possible. If you love detailing cars and making them look their best then this is the perfect job for you.
learned assembly line work
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee), Tallapoosa, GAMarch 7, 2014
rewarding work to ensure honda perfection and importance of proper installation of parts
fun place to work
line worker (Former Employee), Maryville, ohFebruary 19, 2014
learn how the inter workings of making a car its really fun how it is done the work day is fun until something breaks down
Good job
Quality Control (Current Employee), Raymond, OHFebruary 18, 2014
Pros: flex time
Cons: cold
PQT / RI
•Perform incoming inspection of build to print purchased parts.
•Processes and analyzes defects from production, service and supply chain.
•Perform all analytical and physical testing of in process and finished products.
•Perform Lab equipment verification and oversees calibration activities.
•Assist in continuous manufacturing efficiency improvements – more... by analyzing work flow, equipment, layout, ergonomics, and product assembly.
•Keep equipment operational by coordinating preventative maintenance schedule; following manufacturer's instructions and established procedures; requesting special service.
•Provide shop floor support to resolve daily product and process related issues.
•Ensure critical to quality characteristics are identified on drawings; and develops inspection plans for supplied materials.
•Verifie that effective corrective action is taken to eliminate the root causes of systemic problems in design and production.
•Assist with R&D testing as needed.
•Perform data analysis related to inspection and defects. – less
poor
Production Operative (Former Employee), swindonFebruary 12, 2014
Pros: money
Cons: n/a
it doing the same thing every 32 seconds for 9 hours of the day brakes are short hardest part the job doing the same thing over and over again. most enjoyable part was pay day

1 2 3 4 5

About Honda

Honda Motor Co., Ltd. (Honda) develops manufactures and distributes motorcycles, automobiles, power products, and also provides – Read more