Honda

Honda Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Very productive and a fun workplace
Assistant PDI Manager (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJuly 21, 2014
It was a very competitive job. but a lot of fun. i got to work with cars all the time which was amazing. learning everything about each car. driving them everyday. i learned to be patient. more detail oriented. and more keen to perfection. the hardest part of the job was the hours. i would be there at 7:30am till about 6 or 7pm. work has to get done – more... so we all stay until it is. the most fun part about it was we worked at our own pace. as long as we got it done our superiors were very happy with my team. – less
good place to work, friendly people
AC/AP (Former Employee), Red Deer, ABNovember 11, 2013
do cash balance, go to bank, go through invoices, enter them, pay invoices. worked good with others, hardest part balancing cash. most enjoyable, working with others.
Very active place to work
Assembly Worker (Former Employee), Alliston, ONJuly 10, 2013
Working at Honda i learned how to check the seals around the door, make sure they were clipped in properly, if any were missing i would have to replace them.
Management was easy to get along with, so was the co-workers, very polite and easy to talk to .

The hardest part of the job was trying to get in their .
The most enjoyable part was getting paid – more... and getting out of my house and meeting new people , helping others out. – less
Associate
Associate (Former Employee), Alliston, ONJune 3, 2013
Pros: salary and benefits.
Cons: shift change.
Paint, line and parts quality, office, trainer, preparation, delivery.

July 7, 2013

WOW! 4 out of 5 stars? You obviously never got sick or injured and had to deal with medical or associate services. I'm pretty sure HCM has a social media policy by know for current employees. Management managed to shut down the HCM Facebook account.

Not A Bad Work Environment Just Don't Get Sick
Production Associate (Former Employee), Alliston, Ontario, CanadaJanuary 23, 2013
Pros: good pay, benefits, product discounts
Cons: management, unscrupulous company policies, excessive control over employees
Work is extremely repetitive but makes the day go by faster. At times the work can be physically demanding which may result in repetitive stress injuries. Co-workers are your average "blue Collar" type which were easy to get along with. Washroom breaks are documented and no sitting is permitted during core work time.

Learned how to work as a team, – more... quality control and be highly productive... to the point that keeping up with "the line" can be difficult for some people.

Management for the most part are uneducated people who have been trained to follow and enforce company policies. It's not uncommon for management when confronted on a policy to "make it up" in favour of management. Upon employee disciplinary action, don't expect ANY copies of any documents. If you're legitimately sick and require time off or require sick benefits for medical issues/time off, you're flagged by the company which may result in no job advancement and being put on "coach / counselling" for attendance.

So, if you're healthy and never get sick, have a thick skin and tolerance for this type of work environment, look no further. You'll fit right in with this régime. – less

July 14, 2013

(Wikipedia) An employee with chronic fatigue had initially won a wrongful dismissal case against Honda of Canada Manufacturing and was awarded $500,000 in punitive damages with two years back pay. However, in June 2008 the highest court in Canada ultimately erased the punitive damages award and reduced the back pay to 15 months salary. The employee still 'won' but received $100k Moral of the story. DON'T GET SICK OR INJURED WHILE EMPLOYED AT HCM! The company WILL fight you tooth and nail. All medical staff and WSIB adjudicators are told to raise reasonable doubt of one's illness or injury. A plant nurse was violently assaulted for playing games with an employee's disability claim. There is NO union at HCM.

Review on honda
Sealer (Former Employee), Lincoln, ALOctober 16, 2014
Pros: great pay
Cons: swing shifts hard to get used to
I enjoyed the job and my co-workers, I did stuff i had never done before, It was the first time i worked on a moving production line like that, took some getting used to. Hardest part of job is probably the swing shifts
Taking pride in knowing that I was part of a team that makes Honda cars
Line Associate (Current Employee), East Liberty, OHOctober 15, 2014
A typical day starts at 6:30 and ends at 3pm but sometimes work over until 4pm. I am on a 4 way rotation in my area and my job requires me to apply sealer on the cars so they do not have water leaks.
I have learned that everyone needs to work together as a team to get a car done properly.
Co-workers make the job easier and more fun to come into work – more... each day. The ones who you work with daily, you get to know them personally and they become like family to you. They are supportive and help you out online.
The hardest part of the job is that you only have a limited amount of time to get each car done for your process.
The most enjoyable part of the job would be having co-workers there to talk with and make the day go faster. – less
Good Company
Business Analyst/Tech Lead (Current Employee), Marysville, OHOctober 13, 2014
honda is a good company to work.I dont understand why i have to write this review , if i dont want to give review why are you forcing me to do that.
Selling, brainstorming, follow through with awesome customer service!
Automotive Sales Representative (Former Employee), Wilsonville, ORSeptember 21, 2014
Pros: representing a large company with great training.
Cons: schedule
Meet and greet people all day, listening to their needs and helping them through the sales process. Awesome co-workers who always helped out. Sales managers who trained well. Owner/Manager always present and working the business. Dealership has all cars displayed indoors making the buying process of a car enjoyable. The hardest part of being in auto – more... sales is overcoming the stigma related to the old process...the pushy car salesman. – less
productive&fun place
freshers (Current Employee), jaipur,gurgoinSeptember 9, 2014
focused&goal driven with strong work ethics,continuosly striving for improvement coupled with commitment to offer quality work and possesses strong negotiation,communication&analytical skills
Nice temp job
Temp-Finance Department (Former Employee), Elgin,ILSeptember 8, 2014
Pros: close to home
Cons: temps not hired as perm
good temp position- collecting on car loans- no ability to be hired as perm
Honda is an excellent company to work for.
Stock and Material Handler (Current Employee), Davenport, IASeptember 3, 2014
American Honda is a company with multiple warehouses over the US. The company services dealerships, and daily orders are picked and shipped; while at the same time product is coming in the door.
They have a very strict way to run production, but that is needed to get the product out the door in a timely manner to meet the expectations of the customer. – more... From working at American Honda I have learned how to manage time, learned how to control inventory or find it when it goes missing, and I have learned how to be a part of a team. Internally there is constant communication between management and associates.

I highly recommend this company to others who are striving to find a career. – less
good & getting technical knowledge
Service Advisor (Former Employee), Bangalore, KAAugust 22, 2014
it is very good to work,
i learnt technical knowledge of automobile,
good management,
good co-workers with me i learnt from them,
nothing hardest all is good,
getting information from custmers.
Great company
Lead Receptionist (Former Employee), Redwood City, CAAugust 21, 2014
Pros: great company.
Cons: none.
The general Manager and owner of the company was very hands on with his staff and very motivating. Alwasy posuing his staff to excell in whatever they do.
GOOD PLACE
Support Specialist (Current Employee), Torrance, CAAugust 15, 2014
GOOD TO PROVIDE SUPPORT LEARN TECHNOLOGY UNDERSTANDINGS GOOD WORK CULTURE.
Fun, fast paced workplace with great co-workers and supervisor
Sales and Finance Representative (Former Employee), Goleta, CAAugust 15, 2014
Pros: work environment, management, products offered
Cons: weekend work required, low pay, questionable ownership
Sold motorcycles, off road vehicles, watercraft (boats, jet skis) for a dealership carrying four top brands. Learned the art of rapport building, needs assessment, negotiation, and deal closing Great general manager that truly had employees best interest at heart. Upbeat, hard working co-workers. Hardest part of job was income potential and questionable – more... ownership. This was a fun job! I loved the product and believed in it, and my manager was the best I've ever had. – less
Working hard for the money!
Production Associate (Former Employee), Lincoln, ALAugust 12, 2014
Pros: great pay & benefits.
Cons: long hard hours.
Great pay and benefits, but you work hard and long hours for it. Rotating shifts (2 weeks days 2 weeks nights) is bad.
Learning how to weld was fun, after I finally mastered it.
Management is extremely focused on production.
99% of co-workers are good people. The 1% is just irritating.
Some of the work stations are very demanding but you must keep-up.
Mig – more... welding was fun after I got good at it. Making good looking welds is satisfying. – less
productive
Office Administrator (Former Employee), Avonmouth, ENGAugust 7, 2014
excellent my experience in this position was very enjoyable
Needs better managment
Material Handler (Former Employee), Loudon, TNAugust 6, 2014
Wouldn't recommend to anyone.
Management not friendly
Not very good communication between staff and especially between shifts
I am friendly, caring but resposible too!
SALES MANAGER (Former Employee), Gujranwala, PPBAugust 5, 2014
For me my work place is my second house and my co-workers are my second family, if you do your job with attention there is nothing hard to do.

1 2 3 4 5

About Honda

Honda Motor Co., Ltd. (Honda) develops manufactures and distributes motorcycles, automobiles, power products, and also provides – Read more