Honda

Honda Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
*************
Parts Manager - Service Manager (Former Employee), **********************November 12, 2014
Great experience.
If any details needed I'll provide them.
enjoyable workplace
General Help (Current Employee), Alliston, ONOctober 27, 2014
Pros: free food
Cons: short breaks, and unstable company
-Lifting heavy boxes,
-Serving food
-Dealing with customers

Hardest part of the job- dealing with co-workers who talk badly about others
Most enjoyable part of the job-Meeting and talking with new faces everyday
Very productive and a fun workplace
Assistant PDI Manager (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJuly 21, 2014
It was a very competitive job. but a lot of fun. i got to work with cars all the time which was amazing. learning everything about each car. driving them everyday. i learned to be patient. more detail oriented. and more keen to perfection. the hardest part of the job was the hours. i would be there at 7:30am till about 6 or 7pm. work has to get done – more... so we all stay until it is. the most fun part about it was we worked at our own pace. as long as we got it done our superiors were very happy with my team. – less
good place to work, friendly people
AC/AP (Former Employee), Red Deer, ABNovember 11, 2013
do cash balance, go to bank, go through invoices, enter them, pay invoices. worked good with others, hardest part balancing cash. most enjoyable, working with others.
Very active place to work
Assembly Worker (Former Employee), Alliston, ONJuly 10, 2013
Working at Honda i learned how to check the seals around the door, make sure they were clipped in properly, if any were missing i would have to replace them.
Management was easy to get along with, so was the co-workers, very polite and easy to talk to .

The hardest part of the job was trying to get in their .
The most enjoyable part was getting paid – more... and getting out of my house and meeting new people , helping others out. – less
Associate
Associate (Former Employee), Alliston, ONJune 3, 2013
Pros: salary and benefits.
Cons: shift change.
Paint, line and parts quality, office, trainer, preparation, delivery.

July 7, 2013

WOW! 4 out of 5 stars? You obviously never got sick or injured and had to deal with medical or associate services. I'm pretty sure HCM has a social media policy by know for current employees. Management managed to shut down the HCM Facebook account.

Not A Bad Work Environment Just Don't Get Sick
Production Associate (Former Employee), Alliston, Ontario, CanadaJanuary 23, 2013
Pros: good pay, benefits, product discounts
Cons: management, unscrupulous company policies, excessive control over employees
Work is extremely repetitive but makes the day go by faster. At times the work can be physically demanding which may result in repetitive stress injuries. Co-workers are your average "blue Collar" type which were easy to get along with. Washroom breaks are documented and no sitting is permitted during core work time.

Learned how to work as a team, – more... quality control and be highly productive... to the point that keeping up with "the line" can be difficult for some people.

Management for the most part are uneducated people who have been trained to follow and enforce company policies. It's not uncommon for management when confronted on a policy to "make it up" in favour of management. Upon employee disciplinary action, don't expect ANY copies of any documents. If you're legitimately sick and require time off or require sick benefits for medical issues/time off, you're flagged by the company which may result in no job advancement and being put on "coach / counselling" for attendance.

So, if you're healthy and never get sick, have a thick skin and tolerance for this type of work environment, look no further. You'll fit right in with this régime. – less

July 14, 2013

(Wikipedia) An employee with chronic fatigue had initially won a wrongful dismissal case against Honda of Canada Manufacturing and was awarded $500,000 in punitive damages with two years back pay. However, in June 2008 the highest court in Canada ultimately erased the punitive damages award and reduced the back pay to 15 months salary. The employee still 'won' but received $100k Moral of the story. DON'T GET SICK OR INJURED WHILE EMPLOYED AT HCM! The company WILL fight you tooth and nail. All medical staff and WSIB adjudicators are told to raise reasonable doubt of one's illness or injury. A plant nurse was violently assaulted for playing games with an employee's disability claim. There is NO union at HCM.

good
Assistant for the Accounting (Former Employee), KielceDecember 7, 2014
My work for Honda was very good experience for me. Boss was very friendly for me and other workers. I ws happy that boss gave me that job without any experience and he have me a chance. I left company because I earned minimum rate half year. Thank You
Fun place to work, Things Get done quick and Good
Express Service Technician (Former Employee), Yonkers, NYDecember 4, 2014
Pros: get good deals on honda products and services, could get car worked on after work hours
Cons: 50 cent raise after a year or 2, no work union, no health benefits really, and low pay
Manager was Respectful, fair , and understanding. The job felt like a family environment. I learned how to record data on car problems and how to do rotations,high speed balances, inspections, battery tests, and overall check ups on car parts and body condition.
Very Corporate
Lease/Order Analyst (Former Employee), Torrance, CANovember 25, 2014
Too politically correct.There are too many entitled employees that work there.
GOOD WORK PLACE
Accountant (Former Employee), Calicut, KLNovember 20, 2014
Pros: free traveling
Cons: salary
GOOD EXPERIENCE
OVER ALL GOOD
GOOD MANAGEMENT
FREEDOM
GOOD STAFF
Great place to work all around
Administrative Assistant-Dealer Development (Former Employee), Torrance, CANovember 19, 2014
Pros: benefits of a large corporate campus
Cons: competition was stiff because it is such a great place to work
Honda is a great company full of professionals that took the time to help me develop skills that would further my success.

I learned how to read financial statements, organize meetings, prepare reports, negotiate and manage my time appropriately at Honda.

The hardest part of the job was the learning curve as this was my first administrative and first – more... corporate job.

The most enjoyable part of the job was enjoying all the fun activities on campus with coworkers. Who wouldn't enjoy a photo op with Paul Tracy and Dario Franchitti? – less
Interesting
Assembly Line Operator (Former Employee), Greensburg, INNovember 17, 2014
Pros: big plant
Cons: short breaks
I learn how to pick up my speed each time. Management is very organized. My co-workers were friendly and helpful. Hardest part of the job was keeping concentration on repeating the same job over and over.
great work atmosphere
Tow Motor Operator (Former Employee), Anna, OHNovember 14, 2014
loved everything in general about it. nice friendly co workers always willing to help each other out. fast paced environment.
This was my business and I rather enjoyed it.
Planner/Order Specialist, Procurement Department (Current Employee), Santa Clarita, CANovember 3, 2014
Pros: great people
Cons: rotten economony killed it.
Lots of great students and contracted speakers/teachers.
Productive workplace
Assembly Line Operator (Former Employee), Timmonsville, SCOctober 27, 2014
Pros: holidays off, gifts
Cons: heat, short breaks
A typical day at work constantly consist of the same function repeatedly each day. I've learned to always acknowledge your wrongs' and move forward. I enjoy all my co-workers, and there numerous personalities.The hardest part about working here is the heat. Eventually you become immune to it. I enjoyed the holidays off and extra paid off.
Working For Honda HUM
General Associate (Current Employee), Swindon, ENGOctober 23, 2014
Pros: busy work
Cons: repetitive
Working at Honda can be very hard work depending on what department you work in. some are easier than others but some are just insanely draining and tiring. The area that I work in is both I suppose. Some days can be really hard and hectic but others can be nice and easily. The people that I work with are great and friendly people which makes the day – more... go by a lot quicker for me. But overall I think what i enjoy the most about my job is that I'm constantly busy and like I've said have a great team of people surrounding me day by day. – less
Review on honda
Sealer (Former Employee), Lincoln, ALOctober 16, 2014
Pros: great pay
Cons: swing shifts hard to get used to
I enjoyed the job and my co-workers, I did stuff i had never done before, It was the first time i worked on a moving production line like that, took some getting used to. Hardest part of job is probably the swing shifts
Taking pride in knowing that I was part of a team that makes Honda cars
Line Associate (Current Employee), East Liberty, OHOctober 15, 2014
A typical day starts at 6:30 and ends at 3pm but sometimes work over until 4pm. I am on a 4 way rotation in my area and my job requires me to apply sealer on the cars so they do not have water leaks.
I have learned that everyone needs to work together as a team to get a car done properly.
Co-workers make the job easier and more fun to come into work – more... each day. The ones who you work with daily, you get to know them personally and they become like family to you. They are supportive and help you out online.
The hardest part of the job is that you only have a limited amount of time to get each car done for your process.
The most enjoyable part of the job would be having co-workers there to talk with and make the day go faster. – less
Good Company
Business Analyst/Tech Lead (Current Employee), Marysville, OHOctober 13, 2014
honda is a good company to work.I dont understand why i have to write this review , if i dont want to give review why are you forcing me to do that.

1 2 3 4 5

About Honda

Honda Motor Co., Ltd. (Honda) develops manufactures and distributes motorcycles, automobiles, power products, and also provides – Read more