Honda Employee Reviews

if you want challenge yourself, apply here
Engineering Project Leader (Former Employee) –  Alliston, ON11 January 2017
Overall great and interesting place to work, especially if you are in automotive, industrial automation and like to challenge yourself.
I would be cautious if your lifestyle is about 8-4, full weekend and regular long vacations. No such things there.
But if you like to work hard, have a nice people around who always give a hand, may be it's place for you. Sometimes I felt like in army...
Anyway, interesting experience can't forget.
Pros
Free Honda uniform- less laundry at home, good people environment
Cons
Sometimes unpredictable long hours, no weekends, very early mornings
Great summer job
Student Summer Job (Former Employee) –  Alliston, ON27 August 2016
On Day shift starts at 6:30am, afternoons starts at 4:30pm. I worked in the paint department, it was very hot all the time during the summer. I got trained on various jobs in my department so I had a nice rotation all day. Most of the people I worked with were great, management is almost always available to answer questions and concerns. Hardest part of job would be the heat and the physical work, most enjoyable would be the people that I worked with.
Productive but Limited by location
Automotive Service Technician Apprentice (Current Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ON14 November 2016
Great place to work but benefits aren't great and they take a while to earn. Places is nice and organized but is limited by location of dealership. and building doesn't allow for full service to be completed for vehicles like other car manufacturers.
Creates a lot of jobs for the community.
Assembler/Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Alliston, ON6 January 2017
Sadly, works people hard with few being offered full time employment. But, runs like a Swiss watch. Produces awesome vehicles.
Pros
Clean steady highly paid work for full time employees.
Cons
Temporary employment produces unhappy low-paid workers.
steady shift work job
Student Contract (Former Employee) –  Alliston, ON23 November 2016
Not much to say about this job as it was a "student summer contract". overall a decent place to work. shift work that wasn't always routine and factory work job. A good place and stepping stone for a student to make/save money and create potential future opportunity.
Enjoyable
Technician Assistant (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON16 January 2017
Whilst working at Honda I made a good deal of friends and had an amazing time working for the company. However, some of my co-workers were far less kind and managed to bully me out of working with them. Overall, fun but fun went too far.
only good for the full timers
Bilingual Customer Relations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 January 2017
good until you find a good job. no room for advancement. no chance of permanence. bad management team and seniors. keep looking.
Pros
fun for a while
Cons
rotten management and seniors.
Line worker (Former Employee) –  Alliston, ON16 September 2016
Working online assembling the cars and trucks was a very fast paced and environment and a very great learning experience I started out as casual and left to come here to Fort McMurray before being hired full t
Pros
People nd management were great
Cons
Shift work
Car manufacturing
Line Assembler (Former Employee) –  Alliston, ON3 November 2016
Honda offers a really good pay and has pretty steady hours. They dont have mandatory overtime wich sucks but it is only once a month. There is not much room for moving up in the company aswell.
Pros
some free lunches
Great Job
Customer Relations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON13 January 2017
Management is determined towards the growth of the company and that can be seen on a daily basis. The work atmosphere is great and the team oriented tasks are great.
Pros
teamwork
Cons
contract
Health benefits
Quality Inspector (Current Employee) –  Alliston, ON20 November 2016
Good and enthusiastic environment all employers are motivating. Company is good and nice place to work and employers oriented. All safety measures are available
Pros
Cheap food
Cons
Long work time
You feel proud working Honda being a global company wherein each associate's idea are considered.
Total Quality Control - Manager (Former Employee) –  Philippines10 June 2016
I really enjoyed working in Honda Philippines that I almost did not notice that I've been employed there for almost 20 years. Training is always available for those who are willing to take the challenges of career improvement. The level of management is excellent. Company's policies are well observed and yearly action plans are broken down to every associate. In this way every fiscal year targets are achieved.
Pros
Extended medical benefits, mid year and year end bonuses
Cons
Long travel hours from home
Hardest time working at Honda
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON31 May 2016
One of the sales sold an Honda Civic to the customer and realize the car engine had some problem, the car wouldn't go over 100km/hr so had to go through warranty. Vehicle was only picked up for 1 day so had to get an exchange. We gave the customer a temporary car to drive but not what he was expected, the customer was very angry and giving rude languages to our colleagues and we had to give him special promotions for him to let it go. This case proves customer service is very important and no matter what happen's we always have to look at the customers first.
Review Summary
Electrical Engineer, Assembly Department Plant Two (Former Employee) –  Alliston, ON6 November 2016
Your review goes here. a typical day at work, what you learned, management, your co-workers, hardest part of the job, most enjoyable part of the job.
Rewarding Work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Pickering, ON29 May 2016
Do your training differently and help your staff grow so that they'll feel motivated to continue on with the company! I'd met people who'd moved around Honda in the last 10 years but always seemed to have entry level positions.
Pros
The cafeteria food was also good and affordable and the salary was well above average.
Cons
There seemed to be little room for growth and/or advancement
Auto Worker (Current Employee) –  Alliston, ON22 August 2016
One of the best employers north of Toronto. Great company philosophy and management. Number one in quality control. Fair to employees all around.
Pros
Cons
takes long time to become permanent.
good
Industrial Cleaner (Former Employee) –  alliston plant 225 November 2016
good, I guess. I really have no complaints. The drive was a little long for my taste. I prefer a shorter commute. Lot of sweeping and washing windows.
good
Assemblier Labourer (Former Employee) –  Ontario13 July 2016
Good job. Repetitive work. You will start as a contract worker and it takes about 5 years to reach full time status. Good if you don't mind doing the same job as a full timer but getting paid WAY less.
Pros
hours, people, pay
Cons
unfair time to be a contract
bomma rail road
Assemble line worker (Former Employee) –  Alliston, ON6 May 2016
you are a robot and if you brake down you are no good to them so you get tossed aside for them to keep the line going and you are required to work Saturdays if not you are looked down on and the full timers treat you like dirt when thay do the same even more and get way more and get treated with more respect and you do the same work but get the pain.
Pros
money
Cons
co workers
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Tottenham, ON11 July 2016
Honda was a great environment to work. You work very closely with your team which I always felt improved quality. There was a great deal of communication amongst employers and employees.
Pros
Cafeteria, Pay, Team
Cons
Repetitive