Honda Employee Reviews

automotive factory
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Alliston, ON6 July 2017
It is a great paying job in the automotive industry. They treat their employees well with a good salary and benefits. They have office staff to assist team members with whatever they need. Shift work between days and afternons
Pros
great pay
Cons
shift work
Great company
Correspondence Specialist/Campaign Specialist (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON15 June 2017
Honda Canada is a great company to work for. They keep their employees motivated and have a lot to offer in terms of keeping their employees engaged in their initiatives.

The down side is that although employees are excited to show up to work, it is short lived as many positions offered are on a contract basis. There are no set guarantees.

Great salary but no security.
Rewarding company that cares about its clientele
Customer Relations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON8 June 2017
Honda is a great place to work due to the culture. From piers to management, one cane expect friendly smiles and good mornings.
Its nice to work for a company that cares for their clients as a typical day at my job is to find ways that Honda Canada can say YES to client vehicle that are OUT OF WARRANTY.
- A client calls in with an bill/estimate, and its my job to use all resources to absolve or reduce the client's bill as per their portfolio.

On the other hand, bearing bad news to clients is the hardest part of the job but I have learned to be more personal in my delivery: although warranty is black and white, I do not have to be.

I have nothing bad to say about my role, I still enjoy it to the fullest but job security scares me as per my contract position.
Pros
Financially helping the Honda population
Cons
Contract position
Vui vẻ
Công nhân (Current Employee) –  Khu công nghiệp đồng văn4 June 2017
Công việc tốt. Đều đặn. Văn hóa ứng xử tốt. Chế độ đãi ngộ cao
Pros
Cơm ngon
Cons
Khó có cơ hội thăng tiến
Makes good cars not good to work for
Engine Assembly (Former Employee) –  New Tecumseth, ON3 June 2017
Makes good cars but not good to work for. Hours are bad and job is very mind draining as tasks are so repetitive. It is manual labour and I wish to never have that experience again.
Fast track to experience, but not promotion
Project Engineer (Current Employee) –  Alliston, ON21 May 2017
Honda of Canada Mfg is a great place to start your career. The amount of responsibility they give to junior associates is crazy. This is both good and bad. Brings up your experience very rapidly both technically and professionally. Within 2 years of working I was presenting to the president of the company and directing work. By 5 years I had been the project lead for millions of dollars investment. However this destroys your work/life balance. Advancement within the company is difficult due to the politics created by managers just trying to keep their own head above water. Great place for the first bit of your career, but not a place to stay long term.
Pros
Vacation time
Cons
Corporate culture expects devotion and long hours
Honda was a great company to work for.
on line associate (Former Employee) –  Alliston, ON17 May 2017
Honda had a great compensation program, benefits and incentives. There was always job security. The management was fair and treated employees equally.
Excellent employer and introduction to public policy
Assistant to the Minister, Policy (Former Employee) –  Legislature Alberta11 May 2017
Great office to learn from other policy experts as well as a senior cabinet minister. Responsibility for a large portfolio made teamwork critical. Would recommmend.
Amazing For Student Job
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Alliston, ON8 May 2017
Great place for a student contract and for full time employees. I learned a lot about factory life, teamwork and quality. I also learned a lot about time management skills. I was lucky enough to work with a great group of people who took care of me and kept a positive attitude. The hardest part of the job was the repetitiveness and strains it had on the body. I worked in weld and had to Mig weld. The heavy weight of the helmet bad the job difficult to do for a quarter, I found sometimes upper management did not care about the employee's requests, but this is a hard accusation to make since I know they were busy and have a lot of other stuff to deal with. Overall I found my job at HCM to be enjoyable and I would love to work there longer if I could as a student.
Great job
Lot Attendant (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC30 April 2017
Great workplace. Great coworkers. Overall great job. Its awesome because you contribute to the entire business being able to run efficiently aswell as learn about Honda in the process through driving the new vehicles and interacting with other coworkers
Lot Attendant
Lot Attendant (Former Employee) –  Airdrie, AB30 April 2017
Making sure the vehicles are ready to be shown to customers. Reporting and damage on vehicles. Have to check in new vehicles and go pick up vehicles from different dealerships
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
One bad manager
highly productive
Parts Inspector (Former Employee) –  Alliston, ON29 April 2017
i worked about 5 months in Honda as a parts inspector my job was to give the quality of the parts. The working environment was very perfect and safe they always focus on the safety and manage every single thing very efficiently. They assign the particular person to the job were he is right fit for .
Pros
safety and good working environment
Cons
short breaks
Great work environment
Inbound Customer Relations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON20 April 2017
Honda Canada was a great work environment but the downside was no benefits.
The people I worked with were amazing which made work enjoyable.
Management did make sure we had everything we needed but they were not always there and available if we had questions as they were always in meetings.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Rotating shift
home life work balance is hard
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Alliston, ON17 April 2017
What can I say, wages are good. Benefits are okay. It was difficult to balance work and home life.
There is room for advancement but it is limited.
Pros
hockey team
Good Team Work
Batch / Production Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON5 April 2017
Not the best management.
Enjoyed working with peoples had the chance to work with.
Management do not have any knowledge about the work load and how to manage.
Pros
Good Team
Cons
Poor management
Awsome work place
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Alliston, ON29 March 2017
The people are nice and very helpful.
I could learn and grow a lot there.
Very supportive team leaders and they are always worried about the quality of the services!
Productive space for interns.
Database Developer (Former Employee) –  Islamanad26 March 2017
Excellent place for interns and young professionals. The management is willing to go extra step to offer help and support. Contract based projects are really challenging and rewarding in terms of experience.
Great work force
Supplier Quality Representative (Former Employee) –  Alliston, ON24 March 2017
Being in supplier quality my days consisted of reviewing and analyzing parts issues within the factory and then reporting to and assisting suppliers in corrective actions.
Pros
fellow associates
Cons
excessive overtime
long hours good pay
Line Operator (Former Employee) –  Alliston, ON16 March 2017
your life will revolve around work, your sleep will be cut but you will have a bank account that you can save, unless your girlfriend or wife spends it all for you.
Very good company
Equipment Services Technician (Former Employee) –  Alliston, ON15 March 2017
Very good company with perfect atmosphere, helpful team and professional, coworkers, team leader and management, rotation shift, cafeteria with acceptable prices