Honda Employee Reviews

Honda is a great place to work
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Alliston, ON9 March 2017
Honda treats all their employees with respect and does not centre anyone out or treat each person different. Overall it was a great atmosphere with a very concerned and caring production team. The job was hard and strenuous at first, but after a few months your body gets used to all the bending, kneeling, sitting, standing positions required for the assembly line. The only downfall to this job was driving the 1.5 + hours to and from work everyday.
Pros
great management
Cons
long drive to work
Enjoyable place to work, employees treated very well.
Student Associate (Former Employee) –  Alliston, ON30 January 2017
I worked at Honda as a co-op student after my first year of university. I worked on the manufacturing line that assembles the Honda CR-V. The job could be repetitive at times but once I learned more roles the job became more enjoyable. Honda has an excellent kaizen philosophy and truly values the opinion of every employee. Pay was extremely fair and my relationships with the full time staff were good.
Pros
Felt valued
Cons
slightly repetitive
my work experience
Service Wash (Current Employee) –  Maple, ON23 January 2017
once I punch in I go directly to the service drive through to direct costumers to there appointments and manage the mourning rush of cars. as per manager request I will do a battery test on cars then attend too the wash bay and wash customer's cars. in my years of working at Honda I have learned how to properly wash and dry cars, oil changes tires swops, deliver parts etc. overall the management and staff make it a nice environment to work in.
Pros
great envierment because of the staff and occationally buying lunch during the week.
Cons
no room growth.
if you want challenge yourself, apply here
Engineering Project Leader (Former Employee) –  Alliston, ON11 January 2017
Overall great and interesting place to work, especially if you are in automotive, industrial automation and like to challenge yourself.
I would be cautious if your lifestyle is about 8-4, full weekend and regular long vacations. No such things there.
But if you like to work hard, have a nice people around who always give a hand, may be it's place for you. Sometimes I felt like in army...
Anyway, interesting experience can't forget.
Pros
Free Honda uniform- less laundry at home, good people environment
Cons
Sometimes unpredictable long hours, no weekends, very early mornings
Good opportunities for young professionals, can be very demanding
Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  Alliston, ON3 February 2017
A lot of opportunities to learn and grow skills. Honda offers opportunities for career advancement, however, it demands more than a 40 hour work week. There are a lot of benefits and associate activities. Very stable place to work
Pros
Staffed cafeteria, benefits, salary
Cons
Lots of overtime can be required, hard to plan life outside of work
Creates a lot of jobs for the community.
Assembler/Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Alliston, ON6 January 2017
Sadly, works people hard with few being offered full time employment. But, runs like a Swiss watch. Produces awesome vehicles.
Pros
Clean steady highly paid work for full time employees.
Cons
Temporary employment produces unhappy low-paid workers.
Honda offers alot of perks for working with them
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Alliston, ON24 January 2017
Sports facility, company Gym, Company paid for workshop, (complete with tools). Cafe in plant, safety shoes and glases provided. uniform provided.
Pros
caff in plant
Cons
repetitive type work, high school environment with co workers
good place to work
Senior Consultant/Analyst Programmer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 February 2017
work means you are busy.
this is a serious working place and no time to waste.
you have to be ready to work as soon as you join at most 2 hours.
and you are very much independent in your working.
Pros
serious work place
Cons
no flex working hours
Productive but Limited by location
Automotive Service Technician Apprentice (Current Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ON14 November 2016
Great place to work but benefits aren't great and they take a while to earn. Places is nice and organized but is limited by location of dealership. and building doesn't allow for full service to be completed for vehicles like other car manufacturers.
Productive space for interns.
Database Developer (Former Employee) –  Islamanad26 March 2017
Excellent place for interns and young professionals. The management is willing to go extra step to offer help and support. Contract based projects are really challenging and rewarding in terms of experience.
Great place to work, Too many hours required
Mechanical Engineer (Current Employee) –  Alliston, ON26 February 2017
Honda is a great place to work, but you are required to work 6 days a week and 55 to 60 hours per week on average. Very competitive wadges and excellent benifits if you somehow manage to get on full time.
steady shift work job
Student Contract (Former Employee) –  Alliston, ON23 November 2016
Not much to say about this job as it was a "student summer contract". overall a decent place to work. shift work that wasn't always routine and factory work job. A good place and stepping stone for a student to make/save money and create potential future opportunity.
Enjoyable
Technician Assistant (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON16 January 2017
Whilst working at Honda I made a good deal of friends and had an amazing time working for the company. However, some of my co-workers were far less kind and managed to bully me out of working with them. Overall, fun but fun went too far.
Great place to work!
Assembly Line Worker (Current Employee) –  Alliston, ON20 February 2017
Honda provides a great rate of pay, with benefits and overtime when needed. Always been treated fairly!
6:30-3pm day shifts, usually make about 850 units per day (both shifts) 4:30-1am afternoon shift.
Pros
Cafe
Cons
Shift work
Not a good place to work
Production associate (Current Employee) –  Alliston, ON15 March 2017
Only offers contract work with no commitment to permanent status. Contracts typically last 5+ years before any offer of permanent employment is made. Then takes 10 years to make full pay rate.
Great summer job
Student Summer Job (Former Employee) –  Alliston, ON27 August 2016
On Day shift starts at 6:30am, afternoons starts at 4:30pm. I worked in the paint department, it was very hot all the time during the summer. I got trained on various jobs in my department so I had a nice rotation all day. Most of the people I worked with were great, management is almost always available to answer questions and concerns. Hardest part of job would be the heat and the physical work, most enjoyable would be the people that I worked with.
only good for the full timers
Bilingual Customer Relations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 January 2017
good until you find a good job. no room for advancement. no chance of permanence. bad management team and seniors. keep looking.
Pros
fun for a while
Cons
rotten management and seniors.
Very good company
Equipment Services Technician (Former Employee) –  Alliston, ON15 March 2017
Very good company with perfect atmosphere, helpful team and professional, coworkers, team leader and management, rotation shift, cafeteria with acceptable prices
Great Job
Customer Relations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON13 January 2017
Management is determined towards the growth of the company and that can be seen on a daily basis. The work atmosphere is great and the team oriented tasks are great.
Pros
teamwork
Cons
contract
Fun and good place to work, work not for everyone.
HCM Associate (Former Employee) –  Alliston, ON31 January 2017
Learned how to work at fast paces and meet deadlines. Good workplace culture. Hardest part is being on your feet all day at fast paces, best part is good pay.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Honda. Our community is ready to answer.