Honda Employee Reviews in Canada

The company is fantastic, departmental management not so much
NA (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ONJanuary 21, 2016
Working for Honda as a company has been wonderful. They really treat employees well and offer competitive benefits and perks.
However, I am not alone in my experience with terrible departmental management. HR just seems to look the other way. I don't know if it is true of all departments - but I feel like I hear the same tune in every department.
Pros
Amazing perks and benefits
Cons
Poor departmental management with bully culture
Productive and fun workplace
customer retention associate (Current Employee) –  Markham, ONJanuary 21, 2016
Honda Canada is like a university campus where you get paid to learn, play and grow. You have a soccer field, basket ball court, regular biking events, ice cream days and what not.
Associates are friendly, generous with their time and helpful.
The company is boasting all-time sales records across the many segments it is involved in.
The management shares open space with their associates which fosters dynamic interaction.
The hardest part of the job is to get your foot in the door. Once you are in, work smart and move upwards one step at a time.
Good luck
Disclaimer: this is not a paid ad
Pros
Free ice creams on hot summer days
Cons
Honda recruiters known to be very picky
Great benefits and work/life balance
Bilingual Human Resources Leader (Former Employee) –  Leader, TorontoDecember 1, 2015
Great culture with solid total quality management philosophy. Consistent approach when it comes to deliver team results. Learned a lot about continuous improvement. Since it is a flat organization, there is rotation of management team every 9 months.
Pros
Great continuous improvement culture
Cons
Management rotation is assigned and not discussed.
Good place to work for
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABFebruary 5, 2016
Fun selling new Honda product vehicle
Management needs a lot of improvement
Sales are fun over all
Long hours of work
Not enough space to bring in new cars there
You feel proud working Honda being a global company wherein each associate's idea are considered.
Total Quality Control - Manager (Former Employee) –  PhilippinesJune 10, 2016
I really enjoyed working in Honda Philippines that I almost did not notice that I've been employed there for almost 20 years. Training is always available for those who are willing to take the challenges of career improvement. The level of management is excellent. Company's policies are well observed and yearly action plans are broken down to every associate. In this way every fiscal year targets are achieved.
Pros
Extended medical benefits, mid year and year end bonuses
Cons
Long travel hours from home
Hardest time working at Honda
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ONMay 31, 2016
One of the sales sold an Honda Civic to the customer and realize the car engine had some problem, the car wouldn't go over 100km/hr so had to go through warranty. Vehicle was only picked up for 1 day so had to get an exchange. We gave the customer a temporary car to drive but not what he was expected, the customer was very angry and giving rude languages to our colleagues and we had to give him special promotions for him to let it go. This case proves customer service is very important and no matter what happen's we always have to look at the customers first.
More resources required
Administration and Resolution Representative (Current Employee) –  Markham, ONDecember 7, 2015
It is not a bad place to work at. There are plenty of activities to make Associates feel at ease and comfortable. However, the pressure can be difficult to bear. Oftentimes, there are not enough resources allocated to worker to do their jobs properly. It seems like some managers prefer to tighten the belts and expect Associates to perform and get better results with less resources. This has been having a big impact on the department I am in. Also, an idea meant to improve processes and procedures can take up to three years to be implement. Too many red tapes to go through.
Pros
Great atmosphere, fun activities
Cons
Too many promotions based on who-you-play-games-with
Cars and customers, my two favorite things
Sales & Leasing Representative (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, ABAugust 23, 2016
A typical day involves making calls to previous customers and making sure they aren't in need of a new car or have questions about their existing vehicle. I talk to showroom customers, describe the benefits of each vehicle and overcome objections they may have. I am part of the internet team so I receive emails to my personal cellphone over the course of a day and I must return the customers emails within 4-7 minutes of getting the initial emails. I make sure that inventory is in a good location and that our lot looks immaculate. I work closely with co-workers and management team to overcome objections customer may have. I have learned so much over the last 10 years of selling, everything from providing exceptional customer service to helping customers understand about the vehicles and the value they are getting when purchasing. I love people and I love cars so I love this job. I would love to get into management because I currently see all of the things that could be improved so we retain valued customer satisfaction.
Pros
good wage, good product
Cons
long hours, management could be improved if someone cared
Insurance and Inventory Assistant
Insurance and Inventory Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONFebruary 17, 2016
I was able to learn and create bill of sale for financed, leased cars as well as make dealer trades with other surrounding dealerships in the GTA. Organized and prepared lease-buy-out payments for customers and became comfortable with various programs like CT Wizard, eBiz, Globial and Microsoft programs.T
Pros
Great work experience
Great summer job
Student Summer Job (Former Employee) –  Alliston, ONAugust 27, 2016
On Day shift starts at 6:30am, afternoons starts at 4:30pm. I worked in the paint department, it was very hot all the time during the summer. I got trained on various jobs in my department so I had a nice rotation all day. Most of the people I worked with were great, management is almost always available to answer questions and concerns. Hardest part of job would be the heat and the physical work, most enjoyable would be the people that I worked with.
Fun place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 22, 2015
I was always busy
I really liked working with the staff and senior management team
They hire a lot of temp and contract workers and are very subjective in who they hire full time
There was no job security
Lack of job opportunities
Pros
I liked my fellow coworkers
Cons
There was no job security
Rewarding Work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Pickering, ONMay 29, 2016
Do your training differently and help your staff grow so that they'll feel motivated to continue on with the company! I'd met people who'd moved around Honda in the last 10 years but always seemed to have entry level positions.
Pros
The cafeteria food was also good and affordable and the salary was well above average.
Cons
There seemed to be little room for growth and/or advancement
bomma rail road
Assemble line worker (Former Employee) –  Alliston, ONMay 6, 2016
you are a robot and if you brake down you are no good to them so you get tossed aside for them to keep the line going and you are required to work Saturdays if not you are looked down on and the full timers treat you like dirt when thay do the same even more and get way more and get treated with more respect and you do the same work but get the pain.
Pros
money
Cons
co workers
Pays the bills, Not hard work
Summer Student Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Alliston, ONJanuary 4, 2016
Not hard work at all, good pay. Many flaws with student program, yet still can't complain due to pay. Typical line work, 2 week rotation, great group of guys, management was like a typical factory.
Pros
Available overtime, good pay
Cons
Not flexible hours, 2 week rotations
Respectable work environment
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ONApril 28, 2016
Answer phones, File car deals, Cash out car deals, Keep customers occupied until sales representative can see them. I enjoy working with all of my co-workers and learn new things everyday. I work and meet friendly people from all over Ontario. I provide information about Honda cars and used cars we may have available on our lot.
good
Assemblier Labourer (Former Employee) –  OntarioJuly 13, 2016
Good job. Repetitive work. You will start as a contract worker and it takes about 5 years to reach full time status. Good if you don't mind doing the same job as a full timer but getting paid WAY less.
Pros
hours, people, pay
Cons
unfair time to be a contract
Productive with no employee satisfaction
Automotive Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Alliston, ONApril 13, 2016
Working at Honda Manufacturing is a good place to work for the wages and structure, it has friendly employees, high production and lots of opportunities for employee involvement. It lacks in employee satisfaction from management of all levels.
Pros
Competitive Wages
Cons
Shift work with mandatory overtime
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Tottenham, ONJuly 11, 2016
Honda was a great environment to work. You work very closely with your team which I always felt improved quality. There was a great deal of communication amongst employers and employees.
Pros
Cafeteria, Pay, Team
Cons
Repetitive
easy work with amazing benefits
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Alliston, ONJuly 4, 2016
Switch shift rotation is okay. There are lots of great holidays and opportunity for advancement. Simple physical jobs, standing on your feet all day. Very easy and worth the pay and steady hours.
Auto Worker (Current Employee) –  Alliston, ONAugust 22, 2016
One of the best employers north of Toronto. Great company philosophy and management. Number one in quality control. Fair to employees all around.
Pros
Cons
takes long time to become permanent.