Honda Canada MFG Employee Reviews

HCM is a good place to work
Associate (Current Employee) –  Alliston, ON11 July 2017
My opinion may be bias because I work in one of the easiest departments at HCM. A typical day at work there is pretty straight forward. I have 4 different processes to work on a day. 3 breaks. etc. I have learned that working here isnt easy on your body, but with benefits and in house physio you can manage pain and whatever else is going on. They are pretty good when it comes to time off for surgery or whatever you need health wise. The workplace culture is maybe one of the only poor things about working here in my opinion. Seeing as it is factory work, you get a very good variety of people, but it is not always a positive, or fun/nice work environment. The diverse hiring is a plus though. Honda does not discriminate against anyone, they hire all sorts of different kinds of people.
The thing I enjoy most about my job is the events that HCM puts on for the employees, like the christmas party, and the BBQ during the summer. But the benefits are also great! There are also many opportunities for advancement within the workplace.
Pros
good benefits, stable job, opportunity for advancement.
Cons
weekend work, commuting, lots of OT during winter. Shift Rotation.
Terrible company
Production Associate (Former Employee) –  Alliston, ON24 May 2017
Terrible place to work. You will be injured in no time. They only care about profit, which barely any is shared with the employees. Management/HR treats you as a robot. You can not call in sick, or have any mental/physical disability. They don't reward you for any good work, and are always on top of you for anything you may do by mistake. Don't think you have any job sercurity, or to be treated equal in that place. Oh vacation time? Good luck. Only thing it's good for is making friends with coworkers.
Pros
Ok money for what you did, making friends
Cons
Rarely any time off, call in sick; get in trouble, Unequal pay.
Great company
Summer Student (Former Employee) –  Alliston, ON9 May 2017
The employees are great and treat you nice.
The pay is also very good and the benefits are amazing,
The locaiton is a bit far and the shifts are hard to get used to
Pros
Good pay, good people, good experince
Cons
shift work, long distance
Ok for average young adult just finishing school but that's it
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Alliston, ON23 August 2016
Worked at Honda for just under two years was on my second contract with them overall it's good for a young adult just finishing school and not knowing exactly where they want to go in life. But for long term I wouldn't recommend it the contracts now are no where near as good as they use to be. You start at a fraction of the rate and cap out at only 19/hour with only 3 vacation days for a whole year. Also find some of the management to play favourites and not take some serious issues that were addressed serious. That's why I left for bigger and better opportunities and wouldn't go back .
Pros
Always work available but slight chance to move up in company
Cons
No guarantees or future there even after years of hard work put in
Dont be late and NEVER vall in!
On line associate (Current Employee) –  Alliston plant 222 August 2016
NEVER call in.
AR thinks your robots with no excuse even brement days
People are pretty down to earth and know its a team effort
Bonuses are great just be there on time everyday
Pros
Big automotive name
Safe Productive Atmosphere
Industrial Maintenance Electrician (Current Employee) –  Alliston, ON7 February 2013
A typical day at Honda starts and ends with a shift meetings where we pass of the day’s events to the shift coming on. During a typical day includes trouble shooting both electrical and mechanical systems, and daily maintenance such as checks which include the electrical and mechanical status eg. motor currents, oil levels, and general machine condition.

The hardest part of a typical day at Honda is also the best part which is when the machine goes down it is my job to get it back up a running as quickly as possible. During these conditions you have a lot of pressure to perform safely and productively which can be very stressful and rewarding at the same time
Pros
safe atmoshpere, good benifits, every day is different.
Cons
3 shift rotation
Fun place to work, great company to work for
On-line associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton ON7 December 2012
Management was great! Learned alot about the company, co-workers are also great!!

Want to know more about Honda Canada MFG?

Ask a question