Homewood Suites

• Salary/Benefits
Interactive environment
Guest Service Agent (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COApril 30, 2015
Pros: 8 hour work day
Cons: Work too much for little pay
Working for Homewood Suites was challenging but not really in the professional way. It was challenging because you want to succeed but there were limits. It is not as easy to move up the chain unless you relocate.
A well run hotel to work for
Food Service Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Daphne, ALMarch 27, 2015
Typically my shifts are about 5 hours a day. The management is wonderful and friendly. This hotel has been voted #1 in the world 3 out of the past 5 years. I enjoy getting to meet new people from all over the world that travel here.
its ok
Front Desk Associate (Former Employee), durham ncMarch 27, 2015
its ok... if you like the environment and long hours for little pay....if the pay was more and the hours were better I would go back
Bad management staff and really understaffed
Host, Front desk, Laundry, Houseman (Former Employee), Lancaster, CAMarch 16, 2015
Pros: none we did not get drinks or food
Cons: everything
While I worked at this hotel it was ran into the ground. I didn't have the tools I needed to do my job as there was major budget cuts. They were always understaff and currently have no management as the mangers have left and moved to different hotels. We are managed by a sister hotel but never have any managers in the hotel to oversee what we do. Because of this the staff does what they please with no repercussions. It is an unhealthy work environment and the guests have noticed the changes as well and complain quit frequently. As there are no managers there to listen it just goes to the employees and is basically in one ear and out the other
clean and yummy complimentary breakfast
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Anchorage, AKMarch 12, 2015
Pros: time to work alone or with people
Cons: little kids
I didn't mind working here at all, nice people, not far from home- can go outside and eat your lunch . The rooms are comfortable and the suites are like being at home
nice enviroment to work
Hotel Clerk (Current Employee), Saint Louis Park, MNFebruary 20, 2015
Pros: nice enviroment to work
Cons: not many opportunities to grow
working with many people makes every day fun, interact with all the costumers and co-workers, build a nice friendship between customer and worker, work with the managers to give the best service, it's challenging work with people of different countries due to the different religion or ideals, but at the seem time you learned about their lifestyle.
Easy going, Fun, Always busy
PM Lobby Attendant (Former Employee), La Quinta, CAFebruary 12, 2015
I loved working here, it was a easy simple job. Got along with everyone I worked with, night shift was easy. Hotel guest were always nice.
Very Stressful but learned alot
Housekeeping Executive (Former Employee), Mobile, ALFebruary 7, 2015
Pros: the experience i got
Cons: management not knowing their jobs either
Was hired to take over a position after they had my application on file and hired me for a position I did not even apply for and never trained nor asked if I had experience, then turned around and let me know they were hiring someone else to take over my position so I left.
Productive and great environment for meeting new people
Breakfast and Evening Social Hostess (Current Employee), Kennesaw, GAFebruary 5, 2015
Pros: getting to know familiar faces
Cons: scheduling
The most enjoyable part about working at Homewood Suites Hotel is meeting and greeting the guest that stay at the hotel.
A learning experience
Night Auditor & Accounts Receivable (Former Employee), Memphis, TNJanuary 27, 2015
Everyday was a learning experience, I enjoyed working with all of my co-workers. I enjoyed working with all of my clients.
Guest Service Rep
Guest Service Rep (Current Employee), Solon, OHJanuary 19, 2015
A day at work consist of dealing with all guest with professionalism. This is an extended stay hotel and has guest from all over the United States. I learned how to interpret different languages and also learned more customer service skills. My co-workers are awesome and very hardworking as well as I am. The hardest part of my job would be dealing with irate guest. I always remain apologetic to all concerns and mis understandings and work hard trying to resolve any issues that may be causing the problem. Last but no least I love this job because I grow mentally dealing with tough situations which can advance my career as a Medical Assistant.
GREAT LEADERS IN THIS COMPANY
General Manager Training (Current Employee), Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 17, 2015
Pros: meeting new people and helping everyone with great services
Cons: pay
NOT ONLY AM I A GREAT ASSET TO THIS COMPANY BUT I GET A LOT OF SUPPORT AND TRAINING IN OTHER EREAS I NEED TO LEARN.
It was very productive and a fun environment
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee), Mobile, ALDecember 29, 2014
Pros: breaks, schedule
Homewood Suites in Mobile Alabama was a very wonderful place to work for. I loved the people and especially the management team. I learned so such from them and wished I could have learned more. It was my first hotel job and they hired me to work there while it was first being built and they took a chance on me and I became one of their best hires.
Interesting
Assistant General Manger/HR Manager (Current Employee), Washington, DCDecember 19, 2014
Pros: great boss
Cons: health care
Great hotel and company to work for. Great boss to have who is outstanding.Best boss ever had she balances work and personal life so everyone can be happy.

Management company is OK.
Great Place to work
FOOD & BEVERAGE MANAGER (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALNovember 5, 2014
Fun Enjoyable experience
Great for part time work
Great place to advance
Working independently
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Avondale, AZOctober 29, 2014
Working with good hard working coworkers, had a good relationship with.
Low pay.
F&B Manager (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNOctober 28, 2014
Pros: free coffee
Cons: employees not able to be counted on, aging hotel.
Lots of responsibility with very little pay. When a raise was asked for, was told to get a second job.
Chief Engineer
Chief Engineer (Former Employee), Lincolnshire, ILOctober 28, 2014
Chief Engineer for 125 room extended stay hotel. I enjoyed working for the company but left for a Regional position.
Productive hard worker
Night Auditor (Former Employee), Egg Harbor Twp NJOctober 28, 2014
Pros: ablity to move up and learn from other
Cons: working over night
I enjoyed all my co workers and worked well as a team. Working the over night was difficult but I learned alot.
Front Office
Manager/ Bookkeeper (Former Employee), Ithaca, NYOctober 26, 2014
Pros: felt like a family working there
Cons: management and the lack there of
Homewood was a nice place to work, my co-workers work together as a family. The hardest part of my job was there was not a lot of training. I enjoyed meeting guests,

1 2 3 4 5