Homewood Suites Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great
Customer Service (Former Employee), Alpharetta gaAugust 3, 2015
Pros: Was set hours
Cons: worked every holiday
I really enjoyed working here it was such great time getting to learn something new everyday. The hours were great. I would go back to work for them again. They are truly a great company to work for.
Great
Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee), La Quinta, CAJuly 20, 2015
Pros: great staff
Cons: we dont have very good benefits
I loved working here great people and good job to learn from. I learned great people skills here as well as good customer service, cash handling experience, attention to detail, and problem solving skills. Management for the most part was fair I wish they would be more careful on who they hire. My coworkers are great to work with. The hardest part about this job is having to be nice to people even though they are rude. The most enjoyable part of this job is the interesting people we meet.
Good part time job, hard to deal with management
Room Attendant (Current Employee), Anchorage, AKJuly 16, 2015
Pros: Free parking
Cons: Management, lack of supplies, greedy guests, co workers
A typical day at Homewood suites includes the cleaning of around 20 hotel rooms per day at 10.50 an hour. I learned how to manage my time better. The management is not effective, often times getting into arguments with employees and being dramatic about business matters and unrelated matters.
Managers show favoritism openly and deny it.
The hardest part of my job is dealing with the management and other co workers that repeatedly no call no show and refuse to do their jobs. The best part of my job is that I get benefits... hopefully.
Good place to work if looking for something temporary
Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee), Albuquerque, NMJuly 13, 2015
Cons: No breaks. Short staffed. Low budget.
Ive worked here for a 6 months now and i dont see myself getting anywhere else in the company. Management has changed 3 times since ive started and there arent many benefits to working here at all. Its an easy job but i havnt learned much and like to progress.
Fun workplace with amazing co-workers and bosses
Reception Server (Former Employee), Vestal, NYJuly 10, 2015
Pros: Free Dinner
Myself and one other gentleman prepared the buffet-style dinner each night, Monday-Thursday, for the guests staying at the hotel. Beer and wine refreshments were also included with dinner.
Very Strong
FRONT DESK SUPERVISOR (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJuly 9, 2015
Pros: Flex Schedule
Cons: Salary
• Oversee and supervise all duties performed by all Front Office employees.
• Coach, counsel and discipline employees when necessary, using proper documentation and proper techniques.
• Ensure that all Front Office employees complete their essential duties before their departure.
• Ensure that all Front Office employees are posted at their stations at posted time.
• Assist with any scheduled shift problems on the night audit shifts.
• Accountable for the proper training and daily monitoring of all service levels provided by employees to guest and other fellow employees.
Fun work environment
Dining Room Attendant (Former Employee), Tampa, FLJuly 7, 2015
Pros: Free lunch, flexible schedule
Cons: Always busy
Very fun place to work, we all became a family and the managers are very flexible. If you are on time you get privileges and awards. The managers make sure to involve you in upcoming plans and designs about the hotel. Everyone was very personable and friendly.
great place to work
manager (Former Employee), Pensacola, flJune 30, 2015
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: pay is too low and not advancement
its a great hotel and very pretty!

only downfall is the pay and benefits. when you shop around they are not the best even though they have lots of hotels in town. you would think they would want to compete more with this.
love working in hospitality
Night Auditor (Current Employee), East Rutherford, NJJune 22, 2015
Pros: great managment team and staff
Cons: the over night hours
Great management team here at Homewood Suites. All co workers are excellent and we all help out. The hardest part of this job is the over night hours . I am looking for Employment in NYC.
Definitely not a recommended career.
houseman (Current Employee), cranford, njMay 19, 2015
Pros: The discounts you get for hotel rooms are amazing. Free breakfast/dinner.
Cons: Short breaks.
When i first come in to work, management expects you to clean from the time you walk in the door until the time you leave. They don't believe in having any down time at all. They're constantly blaming you for things that sometimes you can't even control. The co-workers are amazing. It's really just the management who creates hard times for you at this job. They want everything to be perfect, when it's impossible to be perfect. They never show praise, only complaints.
Interactive environment
Guest Service Agent (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COApril 30, 2015
Pros: 8 hour work day
Cons: Work too much for little pay
Working for Homewood Suites was challenging but not really in the professional way. It was challenging because you want to succeed but there were limits. It is not as easy to move up the chain unless you relocate.
A well run hotel to work for
Food Service Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Daphne, ALMarch 27, 2015
Typically my shifts are about 5 hours a day. The management is wonderful and friendly. This hotel has been voted #1 in the world 3 out of the past 5 years. I enjoy getting to meet new people from all over the world that travel here.
its ok
Front Desk Associate (Former Employee), durham ncMarch 27, 2015
its ok... if you like the environment and long hours for little pay....if the pay was more and the hours were better I would go back
Bad management staff and really understaffed
Host, Front desk, Laundry, Houseman (Former Employee), Lancaster, CAMarch 16, 2015
Pros: none we did not get drinks or food
Cons: everything
While I worked at this hotel it was ran into the ground. I didn't have the tools I needed to do my job as there was major budget cuts. They were always understaff and currently have no management as the mangers have left and moved to different hotels. We are managed by a sister hotel but never have any managers in the hotel to oversee what we do. Because of this the staff does what they please with no repercussions. It is an unhealthy work environment and the guests have noticed the changes as well and complain quit frequently. As there are no managers there to listen it just goes to the employees and is basically in one ear and out the other
clean and yummy complimentary breakfast
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Anchorage, AKMarch 12, 2015
Pros: time to work alone or with people
Cons: little kids
I didn't mind working here at all, nice people, not far from home- can go outside and eat your lunch . The rooms are comfortable and the suites are like being at home
nice enviroment to work
Hotel Clerk (Current Employee), Saint Louis Park, MNFebruary 20, 2015
Pros: nice enviroment to work
Cons: not many opportunities to grow
working with many people makes every day fun, interact with all the costumers and co-workers, build a nice friendship between customer and worker, work with the managers to give the best service, it's challenging work with people of different countries due to the different religion or ideals, but at the seem time you learned about their lifestyle.
Easy going, Fun, Always busy
PM Lobby Attendant (Former Employee), La Quinta, CAFebruary 12, 2015
I loved working here, it was a easy simple job. Got along with everyone I worked with, night shift was easy. Hotel guest were always nice.
Very Stressful but learned alot
Housekeeping Executive (Former Employee), Mobile, ALFebruary 7, 2015
Pros: the experience i got
Cons: management not knowing their jobs either
Was hired to take over a position after they had my application on file and hired me for a position I did not even apply for and never trained nor asked if I had experience, then turned around and let me know they were hiring someone else to take over my position so I left.
Productive and great environment for meeting new people
Breakfast and Evening Social Hostess (Current Employee), Kennesaw, GAFebruary 5, 2015
Pros: getting to know familiar faces
Cons: scheduling
The most enjoyable part about working at Homewood Suites Hotel is meeting and greeting the guest that stay at the hotel.
A learning experience
Night Auditor & Accounts Receivable (Former Employee), Memphis, TNJanuary 27, 2015
Everyday was a learning experience, I enjoyed working with all of my co-workers. I enjoyed working with all of my clients.