We currently have a opening for a Full Time Payroll Specialist, Finance Department
For more than 130 years, Homewood has been a cornerstone of Canadian addiction and mental health treatment. We save lives. We have helped thousands of Canadians for decades to cope with the devastating effects of mental illness and addiction.
Founded in 1883, we are renowned for the quality of our treatment, our medical integrity, and the breadth and depth of our interdisciplinary team. We are a 312-bed, Schedule 1 facility under the Ontario Mental Health Act. We operate nine programs treating a range of mental health and addiction issues.
Located in Guelph, Ontario, Canada, Homewood is unique in Canadian health care serving as a specialized provincial and national resource. A fully accredited facility, Homewood has always achieved the highest standards of quality care and is a recipient of numerous national awards.
The Payroll Specialist is responsible for processing the payroll of approximately 650 employees ensuring the integrity of all earnings and deductions and for remitting these deductions to the appropriate agencies in a timely manner. The Payroll Officer analyzes and reconciles remittances and general ledger accounts, is responsible for assisting with costing of all salary and benefit budgets and the creation and distribution of monthly payroll reports and records of employment.
- College/Business Diploma or Certification from the Canadian Payroll Association
- Minimum of 3 year’s experience working in payroll in a unionized organization
- Must be comfortable learning new computer systems and be proficient in Microsoft Office
- Proven ability to work independently and with a team
- Detail oriented with an emphasis on accuracy
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Effective written and verbal communications skills
- Expert knowledge of CRA guidelines and accounting principles
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills with an ability to effectively interact with all levels of staff
- Excellent organizational and multitasking skills with a focus on timely deliverables
Excellence in Practice Communication
Teamwork Relationship Building
Resource Management Continuous Improvement
If you are interested and meet the above qualifications, please visit www.homewood.org to apply.
We thank all interested candidates. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.