Homestead Land Holdings Limited Employee Reviews

Fun work environment
Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Kingston, ON4 October 2017
The most enjoyable part of the job is comments from the Tenants expressing how clean everything looks. Workplace culture is Team work and the difference that shows when everyone stays a team player
Excellent and family oriented place to work
RESIDENT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON14 July 2017
At Homestead land holdings you are treated like family and everyone cares about you. Your not just a employee but a team member of a great company. They go above and beyond to assist you with any concerns or problems that you may have.
Leaving due to bugs
Superintendent (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON17 June 2017
It was a nice building with nice tenants. There has been a bug issue ongoing for 6 months that isn't being dealt with and I cannot force anyone to call in a company to correct the issue, So I have to leave.
Pros
1 hour lunch, nice tenants
Cons
They allow bugs to stay, safety repairs ignored until forced.
Hi Expectation but no growth
Building Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 May 2017
Will have to check the building if everything was operational.
Follow with tenants request.
Follow with staff to make sure everyone done there job.
Follow and coordinate with contractor for any emergency or any project that was undergoing.
I have learned maintenance handyman job
The hardest part of the job was to deal with both tenants and management
Didn't have to drive or stuck in the traffic
could be better
BUILDING SUPERINTENDENT (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON2 May 2017
well first of all its a lot of work and like little help from the building managers by the end of your day u feel like doing anything so tired you feel for the amount of work and for example you dont like the job anymore and you want to move on to a better job its like almost impossible cuz u got to decide whether to have money to eat and pay bills or have enough money for the moving truck
Pros
the 2 bedroom they offer you
Cons
work overload, no help, little time to rest, pays is not that much
Good days... but mostly crappie
Superintendent (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON25 April 2017
I really thought it was going to be good.... but it's all about what the company can get out of you. They are so very short staffed but head office can't see why. Maybe if you guys took your head out of your bun you would see that you are killing the front line staff and you guys don't care. I have turned into a I didn't care about my job. 🙏 thanks for that
Pros
On the outside looks great
Cons
They will run you into the ground
The worst culture and environment I have ever seen
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  London, ON17 April 2017
I had the pleasure of working for Homestead as a property management trainee. This position. Has an extremely high turnover, especially in the London office. The management there purposely put it's worst employees under the management of management trainees and expect you to discipline them or write dozens of letters to HR and fire them.

I only got respect from the area manager after I fired a superintendent couple who had been working there for 5 years. The company culture is truly sick and twisted and I have nothing positive to share about my experience.
Pros
Cons
Mediocre pay, extremely ambiguous direction from management, demented work culture, completely broken work-life balance, terrible coworkers
Homestead is a big company across canada
Building Manager (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON21 March 2017
The company employs a lot of people across the country of Canada and some around the us possibly Florida.

Given the chance to work for them again i would probably take a position Other then Apt Bldg Manager
Pros
Great People Living in their Apt Bldgs
Cons
Lots of Petty requests in off hours
High volume work load and people skills required
SUPERINTENDENT (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON27 February 2017
Overall good company to work for and a structured environment. Always on duty as living within the environment. Must need people skills and enjoy working with various backgrounds and eccentricities.
Pros
free apartment
Cons
busy-always on duty
employee of homestead
Superintendent (Current Employee) –  GTA, ON23 December 2016
homestead does not treat their staff well even those work very hard. all care about money everyone is treated like a number.
Nice place to work
Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON24 November 2016
Busy all the time, hard to separate work life balance but it is a must. Overall enjoyable environment if one can sustain a work and life balance. go for it :)
fun job
Building Superintendent (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 June 2016
learn lots of home repairs. good people to work with . long hours. ok pay. 3 weeks off a year. nice buildings. nice tenants.
its ok job
Cleaner (Current Employee) –  superintendant21 June 2016
it can be a hard job at times. it takes up a lot of your time. tenants can be rude. its a long day its hard on your family life. you get to learn a lot about repairs the people you work with are nice.
Cons
The advancement opportunities were good
Superintendent (Former Employee) –  London, ON16 June 2016
Myself and my partner at the time found the hours a little long when we were on call all weekend and sometimes the calls late at night necessitating a plumber or something of the sort got to be a bit much when we had to get up at 7am and start work the next day. Management was ok and advanced after just 5 mos. from Superintendent to Building Mgrs.
Pros
free rent was part of the position
Cons
long hours-late night calls from tenants a pain sometimes but definitely part of the job on a regula
A company with good core values.
Building Manager - Trillium Towers (Former Employee) –  London, ON2 June 2016
Homestead is one of the best property management companies I have seen. The 24 hr nature of property management is always the most stressful aspect of the business, but it offers a lot of autonomy for those who work hard and produce good results. I had more than one property manager who genuinely cared about their staff. Great job security for those who do the job right. It can be hard to advance after reaching the level of Building Manager, which is common in the industry, and was my main reason for leaving the company.
Pros
Free rent, great vacation time, and bonuses, tons of training.
Cons
On duty time, stressful deadlines with month end turnovers.
Have a back up plan
Apartment Building Manager (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON8 April 2016
This position is for couple's only. Make sure you have a back up plan. Even the most stable marriage can be put to the test in this high stress atmosphere. If your relationship does not survive, you have 7 days to move and figure out what is next. Even if you do everything right, you will end up with nothing if your spouse doesn't measure up or they do not adapt to their new lifestyle. If you thrive on drama, chaos, and long hours of work, you will love this but have a plan B.
Pros
Full benefits, after 3 months, free apartment
Cons
long hours, invasion of privacy, sleep deprivation
You actually matters as a person
Building Manager (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON6 April 2016
Excellent boss, nothing to complain about him.

They need to pay more attention in the type of coworkers they hire. Sometime due to the rush of not having employees they hire anybody and sometimes is lazy people that just want to take advantage of a live in position.

If you are a hard worker but at the same time enjoy having fun with your team and having a great work-life balance this is the company.
Pros
Great summer and Christmas parties
Cons
Low salary
Peaceful place to work. Balanced work relationship based on a great respect
Building Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 February 2016
I enjoy to work with this company, for I saw they care for their employees. I always found support from managers. They are so fair and very respectful.
Building Manger
Building Manager (Current Employee) –  London, ON28 January 2016
On call 24/7, Tenants don't care what time they call you or even if they wake for something stupid.
Management from the head office won't back up their on site staff.
Enjoyable part about the job a pay cheque.
Pros
Some nice tenant
Cons
The company lets anybody in their buildings because they don't have to deal with them every day
good people in the work place
In Suite Maitnace (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON11 January 2016
Normally when our crew showed up at a building we where giving the "master keys" for our duration there. We would start at the top and systematically paint everything on our work orders.
For myself my position changed by the seasons. during the spring time I was joined by another crew member and we would travel to each of the buildings and clean the stacks.
The crew i was a part of, group of the nicest people you could meet. and we worked well together.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
unpaid lunch (1hour)

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Homestead Land Holdings Limited. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9