Founded in Kingston, Ontario in 1954, we are a people-oriented, private real estate company engaged in the construction, acquisition, and management of multi-family residential projects in Ontario and Naples, Florida. We have branch offices in London, Hamilton, Toronto, Ottawa and Naples, with the head office in Kingston.
POSITION: Legal Administrative Assistant and File Clerk – Full Time Permanent
LOCATION: 21 King Street, London, ON
REPORTS TO: Legal Administrator/Paralegal, Administrative Assistant, & Area Manager
We are seeking a highly motivated junior level Legal Administrative Assistant and File Clerk to join our London team. The successful candidate will work as an assistant to the Legal Administrator/Paralegal 3 days per week as per the specified responsibilities, and 2 days he/she will assist with organizing documents and filing.
Legal Administrative Duties Include:
- Processing of all internal collections while seeking current address of the debtors
- Attending operations meetings
- Compile and store items in the designated computer system
- Administering all incoming requests such as printing, recording and distribution of the A/R; answering telephone calls; assisting with issuance of N4’s, L9’s and L1’s; and handling of monthly “Bad Debt” procedure
- Full coverage while Paralegal is not in the office
File Clerk Duties Include:
- Filing of information into tenant files
- Appliance tracking
- Filing building information
- Experience working in a legal field an asset
- Must be proficient in MS Word & Excel and have the ability to use/learn to use Yardi
- Must be able to meet deadlines and work under pressure
- Must have appropriate telephone etiquette
- Must be able to bring an enthusiastic attitude to a team environment
Please submit your cover letter and resume by emailing the careers @ homestead.ca and visit homestead.ca for more information.