Founded in Kingston, Ontario in 1954, we are a people-oriented, private real estate company engaged in the construction, acquisition, and management of multi-family residential projects in Ontario and Naples, Florida. We have branch offices in London, Hamilton, Toronto, Ottawa and Naples, with the head office in Kingston.
Position: Human Resources Associate
Location: 100 Main Street East, Hamilton, ON
Reports to: Human Resources Manager
We are seeking a Human Resources Associate to provide diversified support to our internal and external customers with particular focus on recruitment and selection. You will also provide strong support to our managers while assisting in the resolution of employee matters.
We require a professional, articulate individual with a strong work ethic, and ability to prioritize and meet deadlines. The position is based in Hamilton and will involve travel primarily throughout our London, Hamilton and Toronto portfolios. Additional travel may be required to Kingston and Ottawa, with heavy travel to Kingston initially for training purposes. Experience and formal training in the human resources field are required.
- Assist with recruitment and selection initiatives including job fairs throughout all branches
- Provide assistance in all other areas of HR as required including but not limited to employment standards, Ontario Labour Code, human rights compliance, training and employee relation matters.
- Handle highly sensitive and confidential information
- Carry out special projects as required
- Preparation of various reports, spreadsheets and presentations
- Travel throughout Ontario to all branches as required
Skills and Qualifications:
- Strong work ethic with a professional and articulate manner
- High level of attention to detail, accuracy and follow-up
- Good time management skills with the ability to multi-task, prioritize and meet deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Advanced technical competence in Microsoft Office & Outlook
- Post-secondary degree and diploma in Human Resource Management is required
Homestead Land Holdings Limited is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all interested candidates for their response; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.