HomeSense Employee Reviews

Its a good place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Grande Prairie, ABJanuary 17, 2016
The managers and other associates are all good to work with. They provide snacks occasionally as well as drinks. When it's busy it can be a little overwhelming.
HomeSense
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ONOctober 14, 2015
Great place to work with exceptional associates and exceptional management team comes with 10% discount aswell so who can argue
Retail
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, ABOctober 6, 2015
Typical day would consist of moving furniture and other home accessories from the warehouse to the store floor. I learned people skills from working at HomeSense.
nice environment to work in
sales executive (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 2, 2015
A typical day at work would be unloading the new shipments on the shelves as the days go by we learned true value of team work cause without it its impossible to take care of the work load hardest part of the job was when a customer purchased a relatively heavy item and we had to Cary it out to their transportation
Good place to work for your first high school job
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  BramptonSeptember 11, 2015
Working at HomeSense is enjoyable. Depending on which store you work at, most of the staff is friendly and helpful. The customers that we get at this kind of business, depending on the location again, can be good and bad. For my location being in Brampton, the customers are mostly bad. But, this issue can be found at most retail stores. I would recommend this job to students who are in high school.
Pros
Flexible schedules
Cons
Lack of management organization
Good work place
Store Associate (Current Employee) –  Ajax, ONAugust 26, 2015
re very good friendly people who give opportunity, a great place for part time employment while in school but not a career job ability to move up within the company can take a long time. Great environment enjoy working here but unfortunately need something better with better pay.
Pros
lots of parties
Cons
minimuk wage
Great Place to work
Warehouse Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ONAugust 10, 2015
Great place to work. Fun and engaging staff and Management. chance to work on your own as well as with a team .Time management skills are an asset
Good people to work with
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJuly 30, 2015
I worked here for a year and built good relationships. Everyone was very friendly and helpful whenever you needed assistance. The managers were very accomodating as well.
I wish I had stayed here
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ONJune 9, 2015
Management runs a tight ship, mostly by working hard along side the rank and file employees. Their team building exercises were fun and well attended. I never met such a variety of people who knew how to show common respect and was inspired to be more available and productive. I miss them all very much.
n/a
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 28, 2015
Love the decor stuff, flexible hours management is very nice. their discount days are pretty useless. you don't really save a lot. they should offer upto 30% off to employees
Homesense Review
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Orangeville, ONMay 27, 2015
A typical day at work consisted of either being on cash or on the sales floor stocking merchandise. I learned many customer service skills that I will be able to use in future jobs. The management at my location was a very positive group of people always encouraging us to do our best. The hardest part of the job was probably the lack of hours I received and the most enjoyable part was dealing with customers. I really enjoy working with people and making sure all their needs are met.
Pros
working amoungst great people
Cons
very little hours
a very productive and fun place.
Store Associate (Current Employee) –  Ajax, ONMay 5, 2015
The best job that i have ever held.There is so much help if you need it.I enjoy the interaction with different people everyday.
Pros
Management is there to help
Cons
not that i can complain
An Unexpected Great Experience
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Newmarket, ONApril 29, 2015
I applied to Homesense after graduating from Fleming College with the intention of working at the store for the summer until I found a job within my field of study. Homesense was really flexible in providing a schedule that worked around my job search.
When I decided to go back to school and change my field of interest, Homesense once again worked around my schedule to allow me to balance a full course load at Georgian while maintaining enough hours at work to help pay for the costs of being at school.
Finally, I can't say enough good things about the staff - management, full-timers, part-timers, and other students - everyone is extremely friendly and hard-working.
Pros
Great staff, great work environment
Great Corporate Culture
Customer Service Representative and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 25, 2015
Overall I was very impressed with the corporate-culture, which stressed openness an inclusiveness. The typical work day consisted of several smiles from friendly co-workers, which transitioned to dealings with generally positive customers and a decent looking space with upbeat music to get you through. Management when I was there were very down to earth but could also get things done. They also entrusted their staff with responsibilities which increases growth potential and eases the burden off the few.
Pros
Great Corporate-Culture
Cons
The turnover rate, particularly for managers and the like, was significant and at times disorienting.
Enjoying the experience
Associate Homesense (Current Employee) –  OntarioApril 22, 2015
Lots to learn, opportunities for full time are limited but great place for part time work in retail. Cross training in different areas so really like the variety of tasks.
Pros
Cross training in different departments
Cons
LImited opportunties for full time
Productive and fun workplace with experienced and friendly coworkers
sales associate (Former Employee) –  toronto, onApril 14, 2015
HomeSense was a great first job. I learnt a lot, learned a lot about how to deal with the public, how to meet customers needs and make people happy. The staff was really welcoming and made me work hard and learn a lot along the way. There are a lot of talented and supportive associates who made me learn everything I need to know about the workplace. It was a great first job experience, and i now feel like thanks to everyone there I can go forth in future endeavours with sufficient confidence and knowledge.
Pros
friendly and supportive coworkers
Cons
not a lot of hours
Great Job
Full-Time Sales Associate/ Cashier (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ONApril 8, 2015
The first year of employment I was hired as temporary and proved myself to become a part time employee. After the first year I worked hard and received full time. This job is physically demanding. I lift furniture on a daily basis and rearranged the store daily. Always busy serving customers, 10 foot 10 second rule.
Pros
opportunity
Cons
Work atmosphere was excellent. Everyone was friendly.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 1, 2015
A typical day was long, sometimes quite. I learned how to deal with customers that were rude. Management was good. The co-workers were really friendly, always looking out for each other. Hardest part of the job was dealing with customers that were rude and arrogant, you had to remain calm. The enjoyable part of the job was all the customers who were friendly or helping some people on the decisions of certain products and how they looked with others. Giving my opinion and putting a smile on the customers face was enjoyable.
Pros
Friendly atmosphere
Cons
Scheduling
HomeSense
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  toronto - downtown areaFebruary 11, 2015
unstable hours, can't live on it, management keeping saying not full time available, you have to clean the bathroom and mop the floor at the end of the night. can't expect too much from a retail minimum wage job.
Punctual, well organized and a team player.
Customer Service / Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONJanuary 21, 2015
This was a friendly atmosphere with a décor I feel very comfortable to be around. Quality management was much respected. I enjoyed working with the customers and helping them with their needs. Working with the staff was great.

I did not find anything difficult with this part-time assignment other than it ended too soon. Also working evenings and weekends are not a concern .
Pros
great atmosphere