HomeSense Employee Reviews in Canada

HomeSense
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ONOctober 14, 2015
Great place to work with exceptional associates and exceptional management team comes with 10% discount aswell so who can argue
Its a good place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Grande Prairie, ABJanuary 17, 2016
The managers and other associates are all good to work with. They provide snacks occasionally as well as drinks. When it's busy it can be a little overwhelming.
n/a
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 21, 2016
Always a fun place to work. As long as your get your job done there is nothing to worry about the people and nice and welcoming
An Unexpected Great Experience
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Newmarket, ONApril 29, 2015
I applied to Homesense after graduating from Fleming College with the intention of working at the store for the summer until I found a job within my field of study. Homesense was really flexible in providing a schedule that worked around my job search.
When I decided to go back to school and change my field of interest, Homesense once again worked around my schedule to allow me to balance a full course load at Georgian while maintaining enough hours at work to help pay for the costs of being at school.
Finally, I can't say enough good things about the staff - management, full-timers, part-timers, and other students - everyone is extremely friendly and hard-working.
Pros
Great staff, great work environment
Homesense Review
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Orangeville, ONMay 27, 2015
A typical day at work consisted of either being on cash or on the sales floor stocking merchandise. I learned many customer service skills that I will be able to use in future jobs. The management at my location was a very positive group of people always encouraging us to do our best. The hardest part of the job was probably the lack of hours I received and the most enjoyable part was dealing with customers. I really enjoy working with people and making sure all their needs are met.
Pros
working amoungst great people
Cons
very little hours
Productive and fun workplace with experienced and friendly coworkers
sales associate (Former Employee) –  toronto, onApril 14, 2015
HomeSense was a great first job. I learnt a lot, learned a lot about how to deal with the public, how to meet customers needs and make people happy. The staff was really welcoming and made me work hard and learn a lot along the way. There are a lot of talented and supportive associates who made me learn everything I need to know about the workplace. It was a great first job experience, and i now feel like thanks to everyone there I can go forth in future endeavours with sufficient confidence and knowledge.
Pros
friendly and supportive coworkers
Cons
not a lot of hours
Work atmosphere was excellent. Everyone was friendly.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 1, 2015
A typical day was long, sometimes quite. I learned how to deal with customers that were rude. Management was good. The co-workers were really friendly, always looking out for each other. Hardest part of the job was dealing with customers that were rude and arrogant, you had to remain calm. The enjoyable part of the job was all the customers who were friendly or helping some people on the decisions of certain products and how they looked with others. Giving my opinion and putting a smile on the customers face was enjoyable.
Pros
Friendly atmosphere
Cons
Scheduling
Great Place to work
Warehouse Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ONAugust 10, 2015
Great place to work. Fun and engaging staff and Management. chance to work on your own as well as with a team .Time management skills are an asset
Fast paced environment with core company values which help you grow as an individual.
Retail Clerk (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ONApril 28, 2012
Homsense offers you the opportunity to work with numerous co-workers and customers. Their core values include, but are not limited to: diversity, integrity, customer satisfaction, teamwork, open communication, mutual respect and caring.
Pros
friendly environment, free lunches, rewarded for work, bake sale fundraisers
Cons
hard work and physically draining at times
nice environment to work in
sales executive (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 2, 2015
A typical day at work would be unloading the new shipments on the shelves as the days go by we learned true value of team work cause without it its impossible to take care of the work load hardest part of the job was when a customer purchased a relatively heavy item and we had to Cary it out to their transportation
I wish I had stayed here
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ONJune 9, 2015
Management runs a tight ship, mostly by working hard along side the rank and file employees. Their team building exercises were fun and well attended. I never met such a variety of people who knew how to show common respect and was inspired to be more available and productive. I miss them all very much.
Busy but exciting
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga,ONTOctober 13, 2013
A typical day at work would include being at work at 7 in the morning and unloading a truck and putting the merchandise on the sales floor. What I learned was the ways on how to properly unload a truck. My management was very helpful. My co-workers were well trained. The hardest part of the job was heavy lifting. The most enjoyable part of the job was unloading a truck.
Pros
Cons
seasonal job
Friendly work environment with the oppurtunity to gain experience
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Kelowna BCJuly 7, 2013
At Mimi's there was no such thing as an "average" shift, even though we had consistent food which of course brought in consistent regualars. Walking in the front door the buzz of a busy restaurant was an equivelant to the adreneline of preparing for an important soccer game. The management were the coaches, always available to talk when needed and got frusterated when things were not going as accordingly to plan. The support staff represented the defenders and midfielders who were there to protect the servers. Finally the kitchen staff were the goalies; put in the back as a last defence, if the food was excellent everyone was happy and we had nothing to worry about. At Mimi's we werent just "teammates" we were a family.
Pros
made a new group of friends
Cons
inconsistency in hours
Great Job
Full-Time Sales Associate/ Cashier (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ONApril 8, 2015
The first year of employment I was hired as temporary and proved myself to become a part time employee. After the first year I worked hard and received full time. This job is physically demanding. I lift furniture on a daily basis and rearranged the store daily. Always busy serving customers, 10 foot 10 second rule.
Pros
opportunity
n/a
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 28, 2015
Love the decor stuff, flexible hours management is very nice. their discount days are pretty useless. you don't really save a lot. they should offer upto 30% off to employees
Punctual, well organized and a team player.
Customer Service / Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONJanuary 21, 2015
This was a friendly atmosphere with a décor I feel very comfortable to be around. Quality management was much respected. I enjoyed working with the customers and helping them with their needs. Working with the staff was great.

I did not find anything difficult with this part-time assignment other than it ended too soon. Also working evenings and weekends are not a concern .
Pros
great atmosphere
Retail
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, ABOctober 6, 2015
Typical day would consist of moving furniture and other home accessories from the warehouse to the store floor. I learned people skills from working at HomeSense.
No Appreciation
PERMANENT PART-TIME SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  London, ONSeptember 25, 2012
Working at Homesense is exhausting. The managers I worked with were terrible at allotting duties. Working in a zone does not mean working in just that zone. You run around the store frequently, especially if you have to move furniture. And you're ALWAYS on call to move bought products into people's vehicles. On a normal day, you're working in three places at once. At least I did. Co-workers were cutthroat: most tried to sabotage my job with catty talk to management behind my back.
The most enjoyable part of the job was finding new products on the trucks you've never seen before. Hardest part of the job was keeping up with thieves....because Homesense is cheap products, people like to steal often in there.
A cool part of the job for the three years I worked there was the knowledge on home products, remedies and gadgets available on the market, and what is best for your house.
Pros
get to see cool new products
Cons
thefts, con artists, 10% discount for employees!
a very productive and fun place.
Store Associate (Current Employee) –  Ajax, ONMay 5, 2015
The best job that i have ever held.There is so much help if you need it.I enjoy the interaction with different people everyday.
Pros
Management is there to help
Cons
not that i can complain
hectic work environment
data entry clerk/receptionist/filing clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 3, 2013
it is a very fast past time conscious environment. I dealt with customers on a daily basis both in person and over the phone. I took customers orders and entered them into the system and made sure they were shipped out on time. I also kept customers up to date about their orders. I also did filing for the whole company both manual filing and updating the files on the computer system. I also helped reception answer calls and transfer calls.
Pros
frequent holidays
Cons
you dont get paid for holidays and no benefits what so ever