HomeSense Employee Reviews

Fun and rewarding
Part-time Sales Associate, Fall (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON1 April 2017
Superb management that recognized employee initiatives in sales, rewarded hard work and were fun to work with and always caring. Easy to talk to management.
Good people. Good vibes.
Floor Staff (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON29 March 2017
Although the manager seemed to have it out for me, I did enjoy my experience with the customers and my co-workers. Very awesome, respectable people. Love the company!
Pros
Free lunch every few months. Potlucks, to be exact
Cons
If the manager didn't like you, she didn't like you. And you'd know.
A positive place to work with so much new to learn each day
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 March 2017
I have learned how to address, process and satisfy customers needs and problems. Every day there is something new to learn, one knows what management is, how does an organization function and what does retail world require fo you?
Cons
Less hours
what I learned
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON15 March 2017
Working at Homesense was a wonderful experience for me. A skill that i strongly improved on is dealing with the customers items and having friendly conversations at the same time and also answering questions.
a fun fast paced environment to work in
Department Sales Lead (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC7 March 2017
I was hired as a head of a department that my training as a chef utilized. Then they put me on as a cashier which I can do but wasted my talents. Overall a good place to work
Pros
fun environment
Cons
the district manager
Great workplace for experince
Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, Canada22 February 2017
Working at Homesense provided me with great job experience for the future. A typical day would include unpacking the truck and placing product on the sales floor. Assisting as a cashier on front line and assisting customers with their shopping needs. Management was great and very flexible with shifts and working around other schedules. Hardest part of my job, to be honest there wasn't one! Most enjoyable by far is getting to know the customers and my co-workers.
Decent first job
Sales help, cashier, customer service (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON21 February 2017
Decent shifts however there is certainly something different about the customers that shop here. They are often very rude and some of the management is as well. Head manager is amazing though. She truly made a difference for me and was always there. She was quick to solve problems as well.
Pros
Good breaks
Cons
Drama in workplace, rude customers, low wages
Great experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ancaster, ON23 January 2017
Although I was only with this company for less than 6 months due to a seasonal position, it was a great experience. I always felt safe and comfortable and learned a lot of valuable skills such as dealing with shipments and arranging displays. The management was very friendly, helpful, and flexible, and the other staff was also very welcoming. The hardest part of the job I'd have to say would be dealing with some of the bigger furniture, and the most enjoyable part for me was organizing displays and shelves, as I am a very organized person. Overall a great experience and I would recommend it to anyone.
very fast and enjoyable place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB23 January 2017
there's a lot I can say about this company its face pace good training lovely atmosphere the managers are very nice overall I enjoyed working there. during working there I learned a vast amount of communication skills and customer service and retail sales experience.
productive
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  7575 weston rd20 January 2017
I was trained to work as a sales rep but also trained as a cashier. I worked the floors and helped customers find their items. It was enjoyable because my coworkers were helpful and very approachable
Great Company
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 January 2017
Flexible schedule and friendly environment. Some job is had to do as receive the truck at morning shifts. But the manager always a nice people and friendly.
fun work environment
Warehouse Associate / Cashier (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON18 January 2017
always had a good time at work, people there where amazing. My job was in the warehouse so most of the time i was building or helping customers take their larger items to their car. Which they always appreciated. Very diverse and celebrated which was great! always had cultured food for pot luck.
Great place to shop and work.
Great place with wonderful people.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ON4 January 2017
Its a great place to work and definatly gives your decorative side some up to date lessons on style and living for 2017. Amazing and upbeat people to work with on a day to day basis.
Fun and enthusiastic place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Kingston, ON3 January 2017
Great place to work.
management is helpful, easy to talk to and great to work with.
co-workers are great,kind and caring for one another.
customers are kind and understanding.
very structural workplace with great support coming from all colleagues
Sales Associate- Warehouse (Current Employee) –  Whitby, ON7 December 2016
My day would consist of receiving the delivery every morning and processing the items for the sales floor. I learned various aspects about the retail industry pertaining to sales revenue etc. My peers definitely made the job easier as we all got along well. I also enjoyed the fact that my job involved physical activity. The hardest part of the job was getting up early, but I eventually got used to it and embraced being awake early.
Pros
Free coffee occasionally
Cons
Customers sometimes made it unpleasant
Fun but stressfull
Associate (Former Employee) –  Taplow, AB18 November 2016
Homesense is a good company to work for friendly team and helpfull colleague's but sometimes you are expected to do 4 things at once and if you dont the management can get stressy .
Pay is good for retail at 7.90 or 8.15 a hour even if you are only 16 way above minimum wage .
Pros
Great team
Cons
Not enough hours to go round
Fun Place to Work but Bad Management
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Saskatchewan8 November 2016
Working at homesense as a cashier is interesting as it speeds time really quick and overall gives great customer experience when you're up there mostly all day. I previously worked on the salesfloor but there was lots of pressure and rude comments that came from management as they were not supportive and put stress over your head before and during work when i'd be keen on working quick and organized as possible. For the wage they offer, i don't think they should throw as much work and tasks upon a single individual considering it's unfair and energy consuming. Associates are friendly and coordinators are OK. Customers that usually come in are friendly.
Pros
Time Flies By, OK Shifts
Cons
Rude Managers, Stressful on Salesfloor
Nice Teamwork
Store Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON9 October 2016
- I learned best Customer Service and how to organize the shelves and display the products in systematic way.

- Managers were very supportive and helpful.
Pros
10% Discount Facility for Employees
Get ready to be creative.
Gourmet Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON25 September 2016
HomeSense is a good place to work. Would start early by unloading the truck, organize the merchandise and putting them on display in store. Helping out customers with finding the best item for what they are looking for and cashing them out.
Pros
Hours and being creative.
Cons
Too many cook in the kitchen if u know what i mean.
Great place
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON20 September 2016
I really enjoyed working here because they were amazing people. They knew what they were doing and they knew how to train people and make sure they're on the right track.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HomeSense. Our community is ready to answer.