HomeSense Employee Reviews

fun workplace, enjoyable environment, great people
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 June 2017
connecting with customers is great, the workplace is friendly. great management, good environment. They have almost everything there. Fast paced when busy, almost always something to do.
Great place to Work.
Team Member (Part-time) (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK7 June 2017
Homesense is a great place to work. The management is good and the workers are all friendly. Homesense supports a flexible work schedule for all its workers with great advancement opportunities.
Pros
Unionized Workplace
Cons
none.
friendly environment
CASH OFFICE AND MARKDOWN ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Alberta12 May 2017
They respect their employees and always take time to discuss their ideas . Management is so nice and you learn new things everyday. I really enjoyed working over there.
Productive and fun place to work at
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC9 May 2017
My typical day was fabulous. I learned how to open boxes, flatten boxes, build lamps and furniture, operate compactor and keeping the working area clean.
Homesense
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK4 May 2017
Good work enviroment, and the mangers really demostrate a postive work ethic. Meetings help keep everyone involved. Overall a postive and fun work experience
Great people
Associate (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ON24 April 2017
A great place to work, many different areas to be trained in. Very customer service oriented. Never a dull moment. I think considering how much money the company makes, the employees deserve a better discount.
Absolutely love it
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON24 April 2017
Great company, great employees and management. I love how everyone is a part of a team and works well together. More frequent pay raises would be beneficial.
Good place to work with flexible hours
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON22 April 2017
The majority of the employees are kind and supportive. The hours are flexible to my life. The job itself is simple and enjoyable thorough instructions. Management treats employees well. The hours are odd as in you might get 5 shifts a week or 0.
Fun and rewarding
Part-time Sales Associate, Fall (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON1 April 2017
Superb management that recognized employee initiatives in sales, rewarded hard work and were fun to work with and always caring. Easy to talk to management.
Good people. Good vibes.
Floor Staff (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON29 March 2017
Although the manager seemed to have it out for me, I did enjoy my experience with the customers and my co-workers. Very awesome, respectable people. Love the company!
Pros
Free lunch every few months. Potlucks, to be exact
Cons
If the manager didn't like you, she didn't like you. And you'd know.
A positive place to work with so much new to learn each day
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 March 2017
I have learned how to address, process and satisfy customers needs and problems. Every day there is something new to learn, one knows what management is, how does an organization function and what does retail world require fo you?
Cons
Less hours
what I learned
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON15 March 2017
Working at Homesense was a wonderful experience for me. A skill that i strongly improved on is dealing with the customers items and having friendly conversations at the same time and also answering questions.
a fun fast paced environment to work in
Department Sales Lead (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC7 March 2017
I was hired as a head of a department that my training as a chef utilized. Then they put me on as a cashier which I can do but wasted my talents. Overall a good place to work
Pros
fun environment
Cons
the district manager
Great workplace for experince
Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, Canada22 February 2017
Working at Homesense provided me with great job experience for the future. A typical day would include unpacking the truck and placing product on the sales floor. Assisting as a cashier on front line and assisting customers with their shopping needs. Management was great and very flexible with shifts and working around other schedules. Hardest part of my job, to be honest there wasn't one! Most enjoyable by far is getting to know the customers and my co-workers.
Decent first job
Sales help, cashier, customer service (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON21 February 2017
Decent shifts however there is certainly something different about the customers that shop here. They are often very rude and some of the management is as well. Head manager is amazing though. She truly made a difference for me and was always there. She was quick to solve problems as well.
Pros
Good breaks
Cons
Drama in workplace, rude customers, low wages
Great experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ancaster, ON23 January 2017
Although I was only with this company for less than 6 months due to a seasonal position, it was a great experience. I always felt safe and comfortable and learned a lot of valuable skills such as dealing with shipments and arranging displays. The management was very friendly, helpful, and flexible, and the other staff was also very welcoming. The hardest part of the job I'd have to say would be dealing with some of the bigger furniture, and the most enjoyable part for me was organizing displays and shelves, as I am a very organized person. Overall a great experience and I would recommend it to anyone.
very fast and enjoyable place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB23 January 2017
there's a lot I can say about this company its face pace good training lovely atmosphere the managers are very nice overall I enjoyed working there. during working there I learned a vast amount of communication skills and customer service and retail sales experience.
productive
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  7575 weston rd20 January 2017
I was trained to work as a sales rep but also trained as a cashier. I worked the floors and helped customers find their items. It was enjoyable because my coworkers were helpful and very approachable
Great Company
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 January 2017
Flexible schedule and friendly environment. Some job is had to do as receive the truck at morning shifts. But the manager always a nice people and friendly.
fun work environment
Warehouse Associate / Cashier (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON18 January 2017
always had a good time at work, people there where amazing. My job was in the warehouse so most of the time i was building or helping customers take their larger items to their car. Which they always appreciated. Very diverse and celebrated which was great! always had cultured food for pot luck.
Great place to shop and work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HomeSense. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval