HomeSense Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
sams club
Assistant Manager, Customer Service and Operations (Former Employee), Vaughan, ONApril 7, 2016
great potential for growth. Many opportunities to work with buyers, replenishment team in the head office. Hard work is recognised in the Sams club
Wouldn't recommend
Customer Service - Mississauga (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONApril 6, 2016
Pros: we had free organic chips sometimes, or cake if its a birthday or snacks other times
Cons: not enough hours
Customer Service was often busy, treated customers with dignity, I was very friendly however Management was also helpful, my co-workers was great people, the hardest part of the job was getting people to leave after the store close and they still browsing, the most enjoyable part was packing away stuff on the shelves it was great.
Productive and energetic environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMarch 12, 2016
Pros: nice co workers
Cons: not so understanding in emergency situations
I worked customer service, so returns , stocking, cashier duties, working with the public. It was a very fast paced environment. It was a very diverse staff environment and everyone was a delight to work with, i loved my bosses and they were very undertstanding and supportive.
Fast-pace
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONFebruary 23, 2016
Fast-pace work environment, enjoyable staff. This was a fairly decent workplace, but unfortunately the management made no efforts to make new-comers feel welcome.
fun, and organized
Sales associate (seasonal) (Former Employee), Windsor, ONFebruary 9, 2016
I enjoyed working here for as long as i did. Everyone is respectable, and hard working. I was mainly responsible for the kitchen section when i worked there.
Good workplace with variety of tasks
Sales Associate / Customer Service/ Warehouse (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBFebruary 4, 2016
Day consists of receiving morning truck shipment, stocking sales floor, merchandising, and customer service. As well as spending time being a cashier and loading merchandise into customer vehicles.
fun job, great for experience, bad for advancement
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONFebruary 4, 2016
Pros: 10% discount on store items, insurance after one year seniority
Cons: lots of heavy lifting and demanding customers
My experience at Homesense was not the greatest. Maybe for other people it wasn't as bad and some probably really enjoyed it, but personally I don't think it was at all what I expected it to be. First of all, during the orientation they emphasize how much they want to create a growing and enjoyable work environment for you, and how they're always there to answer your questions, and how you should ALWAYS ask when you need help with anything, but as soon as you don't understand something or need clarification they look at you as if you're incompetent. You are also expected to do a numerous amount of tasks at once and in a short period of time, and once you spend a bit longer at one task than the other, you're always getting picked on for it or scolded at. The job itself is amazing for gaining customer service experience and learning how to handle customer complaints and tough situations (especially if you're on cash) the co-workers were great, very positive and friendly attitudes, however, management was different. For this location most of them had short patience/ short temper and were not willing to help you grow and expand your knowledge, also a lot of the full-time workers were much more favored and not given such a hard time and definitely more respect, unlike me who was in school at the time. The job itself was fun for learning and gaining new experience but was extremely hard to advance your position, and not worth putting up with disrespectful behavior from the managers.
Very friendly, safe, reputable place to work, but there is not enough hours for everyone.
DECK ASSOCIATE (Current Employee), Brantford, ONFebruary 2, 2016
Pros: Fun, happy, and never boring
Cons: Not enough shifts
A typical day at HomeSense involves bringing product from the warehouse and arranging the product according to merchandising standards. This is very interesting and fun as I have learned some great decorating techniques along the way.

Management is professional, hard-working, and great to everyone. Co-workers are all a great team and I would love to work more for this company, but being a part-time employee does not allow for as many hours I require.

The hardest part of this job would be the heavy lifting. We lift very large mirrors, furniture and art work each shift. The most enjoyable part of the job is helping customers find their "perfect" item.
Productive and fun workplace
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee), Barrie, ONJanuary 26, 2016
Pros: Management
Cons: Few hours
A typical day generally involves being on cash (depending on how busy it is you many be on cash quite often). You will be assigned to one or two zones in the store in which you will get to know it well enough to run when your coordinator is not there. Cashiers may ask you to find prices for them. Otherwise you are to get all merchandise onto the sales floor that comes off the truck mon-fri, your next responsibility is to make sure you complete any 'projects' your coordinator assigns you and make sure your section is clean.
I had an amazing team and am glad I got the experience working for them. They really give you the ability to make decision on your own as much as possible and it teaches you great customer service.
Management often does games and makes most huddles engaging and enjoyable. Total open door policy. You learn great merchandising skills here as management and coordinators are continuously teaching you and working with you, also, there;s a merch book to give you the run down if you need.
Hardest part of the job that I find is multi-tasking when there's few people working. They do not schedule a lot of people to work when it is not their busy season (Christmas).
The most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with customers, most are very easy going and fun to talk to. Another is putting together displays, you can often have fun with it (following their rules) and feel proud of it after too when everyone notices it. The "JOY" committee is a great way to show your co-workers that you appreciate something they've done for you at work. A simple sticky note – more... saying "thanks for your help" really helps you through a hectic day! I definitely suggest working for HomeSense! – less
n/a
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 21, 2016
Always a fun place to work. As long as your get your job done there is nothing to worry about the people and nice and welcoming
Its a good place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Grande Prairie, ABJanuary 17, 2016
The managers and other associates are all good to work with. They provide snacks occasionally as well as drinks. When it's busy it can be a little overwhelming.
HomeSense
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Windsor, ONOctober 14, 2015
Great place to work with exceptional associates and exceptional management team comes with 10% discount aswell so who can argue
Retail
Store Associate (Former Employee), Sherwood Park, ABOctober 6, 2015
Typical day would consist of moving furniture and other home accessories from the warehouse to the store floor. I learned people skills from working at HomeSense.
nice environment to work in
sales executive (Former Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 2, 2015
A typical day at work would be unloading the new shipments on the shelves as the days go by we learned true value of team work cause without it its impossible to take care of the work load hardest part of the job was when a customer purchased a relatively heavy item and we had to Cary it out to their transportation
Good place to work for your first high school job
Sales Associate (Current Employee), BramptonSeptember 11, 2015
Pros: Flexible schedules
Cons: Lack of management organization
Working at HomeSense is enjoyable. Depending on which store you work at, most of the staff is friendly and helpful. The customers that we get at this kind of business, depending on the location again, can be good and bad. For my location being in Brampton, the customers are mostly bad. But, this issue can be found at most retail stores. I would recommend this job to students who are in high school.
Good work place
Store Associate (Current Employee), Ajax, ONAugust 26, 2015
Pros: lots of parties
Cons: minimuk wage
re very good friendly people who give opportunity, a great place for part time employment while in school but not a career job ability to move up within the company can take a long time. Great environment enjoy working here but unfortunately need something better with better pay.
Great Place to work
Warehouse Coordinator (Current Employee), Cambridge, ONAugust 10, 2015
Great place to work. Fun and engaging staff and Management. chance to work on your own as well as with a team .Time management skills are an asset
Good people to work with
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJuly 30, 2015
I worked here for a year and built good relationships. Everyone was very friendly and helpful whenever you needed assistance. The managers were very accomodating as well.
I wish I had stayed here
Store Associate (Former Employee), Newmarket, ONJune 9, 2015
Management runs a tight ship, mostly by working hard along side the rank and file employees. Their team building exercises were fun and well attended. I never met such a variety of people who knew how to show common respect and was inspired to be more available and productive. I miss them all very much.
n/a
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 28, 2015
Love the decor stuff, flexible hours management is very nice. their discount days are pretty useless. you don't really save a lot. they should offer upto 30% off to employees