HomeSense

HomeSense Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Worst job ever! Don't even bother applying, you'll regret it!
Sales Associate (Current Employee), LeasideDecember 6, 2014
Pros: the coworkers, the vending machines
Cons: the management, work expectations
A typical day at work is, you go to the warehouse and pull out heavy tanks that each weigh like 50 pounds! You're then expected to put away all the merchandise from that tank in 20-30 minutes, whilst helping every single customer that stops you to ask you a billion questions. Oh, but it gets better! You also have to do something called, "recovery", – more... and what that basically is is taking put backs and returns from customers from the front or back service, and putting the merchandise away, as well as tidying up the area that you're putting your merchandise away. Oh, and get this, they expect you to pull out 5-7 tanks in a day! Are you freaking kidding me?! That's literally impossible, considering the amount of times you're stopped by customers. This place is a joke! The management is a joke! The only good thing about working here is the coworkers, and the vending machines. Other than that, this place sucks.

Now let's get to the management. God forbid you can actually talk to the scheduling manager without having your head chopped off! It's like your issues and life struggles are insignificant. I once tried to calmly explain to the scheduling manager that I live pretty far and rely on public transportation, so I can't work such late shifts, and suddenly the scheduling manager started treating me like trash. Well excuse me for wanting to get home at a decent hour. And don't you dare try to ask for help on an assignment, because the store manager will just treat you like you're an incompetent fool. You're expected to do so much with NO HELP and an extreme lack of training, it's just ridiculous! I don't deserve to be treated like trash, I'm a freaking human being! Treat me with respect!

Overall, I would not recommend working here, because the management doesn't give a rat's behind out their employees. They treat you like a slave and they would start pulling out whips if they could. The amount of stuff you're expected to do for bloody MINIMUM WAGE is pathetic! – less
Great workplace, very friendly
associate (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONOctober 8, 2014
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: a lot of heavy lifting
A typical day at Homesense is getting the truck unloaded, unpacking boxes and getting merchandise out on the sales floor. Organizing and making the store look great and shop-able. Building furniture and hanging big rugs.
I've learned a lot working in retail, for example, having great customer service, going out of my way to help a customer. I've learn – more... great leadership skills when it comes to working in teams and training new associates. I also have a great knowledge of the product we carry, from bedding to home decorating to kitchen appliances and food. My favourite part of working at Homesense is working with such great people. We're just a big family.
The hardest part of my job is lifting and carrying furniture and rugs. – less
satisfying job, good management
Sales Associate (Former Employee), calgaryAugust 2, 2014
-deliver good customer service.
-help customers with heavy load.
-keep the merchandise on the floor up to date.
okay
Sales and Floor Supervisor (Former Employee), east york ontarioJuly 30, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: alot of heavy lifting
was good. Got along with most people just too many responsibilities for one person
Creative, positive environment
Full Time Home Dec Associate (Former Employee), London, ONJuly 16, 2014
Amazing staff and management. Always learning new merchandising techniques.
Learned Many Useful Skills
Sales Associate (Former Employee), London, ONApril 11, 2014
Wonderful co-workers and management who genuinely cared about my well-being.
The company made sure that each worker knew health and safety regulations as well as how to provide excellent customer service to customers.
A good place to learn new things.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), calgaryApril 9, 2014
Pros: free snacks
Cons: long hours
I love this place as I learned too much that I can add it to my resume. The store was always organized and the managers were always nice.
Fun and Diverse Enviroment
Admin Assistant (Current Employee), Surrey, BCMarch 28, 2014
Sometimes challenging but always a fun place to work. Fast paced. You don't ever get bored.
Customer Service Coordinator
Customer Service Coordinator (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONMarch 10, 2014
Front line coordinator for a high volume home furnishings retailer.
A simple and positive place to work.
Customer Service Coordinator (Former Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 18, 2014
Pros: nice, organized
Cons: mall hours, salary
It was a change of pace to take on a job at homesense. Without having to remain on a cash register all day I was able to move around and get more things done throughout the shift. Homesense was much like any other department store atmosphere.
A busy, nicely organized store.
Associate (Former Employee), Calgary, Market MallJanuary 27, 2014
Pros: always new products to put out on floor, store was always busy.
Cons: management sometimes didnt run store in same manner, multiple managers.
I worked as a sales/cashier associate. On the floor, I would help customers, receive stock, price and put on floor, keep area tidy. As a cashier, I would help customers through the purchase process, and wrap products as necessary and ensure the customers needs were met in their visit to store.
pathetic
sales floor rep. (Former Employee), Abbotsford, b.c.December 24, 2013
Pros: none :)
Cons: too many to list
The management team is nothing but lame
Seriously... They expect so much from you but don't want to pay you. And on top of that, they treat you like c**p.
Busy but exciting
Store Associate (Former Employee), Mississauga,ONTOctober 13, 2013
Pros: long hours
Cons: seasonal job
A typical day at work would include being at work at 7 in the morning and unloading a truck and putting the merchandise on the sales floor. What I learned was the ways on how to properly unload a truck. My management was very helpful. My co-workers were well trained. The hardest part of the job was heavy lifting. The most enjoyable part of the job was – more... unloading a truck. – less
hectic work environment
data entry clerk/receptionist/filing clerk (Former Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 3, 2013
Pros: frequent holidays
Cons: you dont get paid for holidays and no benefits what so ever
it is a very fast past time conscious environment. I dealt with customers on a daily basis both in person and over the phone. I took customers orders and entered them into the system and made sure they were shipped out on time. I also kept customers up to date about their orders. I also did filing for the whole company both manual filing and updating – more... the files on the computer system. I also helped reception answer calls and transfer calls. – less
A great place to work.
Customer Service Operational Manager (Former Employee), Sherwood Park, AlbertaAugust 12, 2013
Typical day at work would be opening the store, receiving shipments and doing all the paperwork that comes with that.
Doing operational paperwork ex. daily schedules.
Learnt management skills, customer service skills and problem solving skills.
I had a great supportive management team.
The most enjoyable part of my job was dealing with the regular customers.
I enjoy working there only I need more hours to work.
Cashier/Customer Service,cashier asscociate (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONJuly 4, 2013
Cons: we are not getting enough hours.
My typical day at work would be starting with emptying the truck and organizing every department with 5 to 6 people.Then take the tank that we are schedule to do on the floor and display them. In the mean while if you are called on cash leave everything and go for it.My co-workers are very friendly and helpful,The hardest part of the job is when the – more... truck is not full and we have to go home doing a few hours. – less
A nice store full of nice things.
Customer Service Co-ordinator (Current Employee), Calgary, AlbertaApril 15, 2013
Pros: free parking, nice products to purchase.
Cons: limited room for advancement.
Atypical day at work includes setting up the front line for business. scheduling workers, assigning tasks and following up, ensuring efficient and friendly transactions for customers in this large, busy retail establishment.
Fast paced well organised and fun
Warehouse Merchandise Manager (Current Employee), Guelph. onFebruary 6, 2013
Pros: monday to friday work week
Cons: no overtime when absolutely needed
Homesence is a consumer orientated retail store with a friendly environment. From loading dock to sales floor the flow of merchandise is very fast and efficient sometimes a 12 to 15 pallet/250 carton delivery can be processed and sale ready by 12pm.

March 26, 2013

*Homesense....I mean you worked there

great place to work
Retail Service Representative (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 1, 2013
way better than other places to shop and work for cheap and the best deals
HomeSense Expierence
Cashier (Former Employee), Moncton, NBJanuary 6, 2013
I absolutley loved working at HomeSense , the people I worked with were great and so were the customers.

1 2 3