HomeSense Employee Reviews

Great workplace for experince
Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, Canada22 February 2017
Working at Homesense provided me with great job experience for the future. A typical day would include unpacking the truck and placing product on the sales floor. Assisting as a cashier on front line and assisting customers with their shopping needs. Management was great and very flexible with shifts and working around other schedules. Hardest part of my job, to be honest there wasn't one! Most enjoyable by far is getting to know the customers and my co-workers.
Great experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ancaster, ON23 January 2017
Although I was only with this company for less than 6 months due to a seasonal position, it was a great experience. I always felt safe and comfortable and learned a lot of valuable skills such as dealing with shipments and arranging displays. The management was very friendly, helpful, and flexible, and the other staff was also very welcoming. The hardest part of the job I'd have to say would be dealing with some of the bigger furniture, and the most enjoyable part for me was organizing displays and shelves, as I am a very organized person. Overall a great experience and I would recommend it to anyone.
Decent first job
Sales help, cashier, customer service (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON21 February 2017
Decent shifts however there is certainly something different about the customers that shop here. They are often very rude and some of the management is as well. Head manager is amazing though. She truly made a difference for me and was always there. She was quick to solve problems as well.
Pros
Good breaks
Cons
Drama in workplace, rude customers, low wages
very structural workplace with great support coming from all colleagues
Sales Associate- Warehouse (Current Employee) –  Whitby, ON7 December 2016
My day would consist of receiving the delivery every morning and processing the items for the sales floor. I learned various aspects about the retail industry pertaining to sales revenue etc. My peers definitely made the job easier as we all got along well. I also enjoyed the fact that my job involved physical activity. The hardest part of the job was getting up early, but I eventually got used to it and embraced being awake early.
Pros
Free coffee occasionally
Cons
Customers sometimes made it unpleasant
fun work environment
Warehouse Associate / Cashier (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON18 January 2017
always had a good time at work, people there where amazing. My job was in the warehouse so most of the time i was building or helping customers take their larger items to their car. Which they always appreciated. Very diverse and celebrated which was great! always had cultured food for pot luck.
Great place to shop and work.
Fun Place to Work but Bad Management
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Saskatchewan8 November 2016
Working at homesense as a cashier is interesting as it speeds time really quick and overall gives great customer experience when you're up there mostly all day. I previously worked on the salesfloor but there was lots of pressure and rude comments that came from management as they were not supportive and put stress over your head before and during work when i'd be keen on working quick and organized as possible. For the wage they offer, i don't think they should throw as much work and tasks upon a single individual considering it's unfair and energy consuming. Associates are friendly and coordinators are OK. Customers that usually come in are friendly.
Pros
Time Flies By, OK Shifts
Cons
Rude Managers, Stressful on Salesfloor
very fast and enjoyable place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB23 January 2017
there's a lot I can say about this company its face pace good training lovely atmosphere the managers are very nice overall I enjoyed working there. during working there I learned a vast amount of communication skills and customer service and retail sales experience.
Fun but stressfull
Associate (Former Employee) –  Taplow, AB18 November 2016
Homesense is a good company to work for friendly team and helpfull colleague's but sometimes you are expected to do 4 things at once and if you dont the management can get stressy .
Pay is good for retail at 7.90 or 8.15 a hour even if you are only 16 way above minimum wage .
Pros
Great team
Cons
Not enough hours to go round
Enjoyed working with the Puplic...
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON13 September 2016
Day a work was fun ...Staff were a team...Management there when you need them ...co.. workers ...worked as a team when store was busy ...helping each other made it fun ...Hardest part of the Job and was a easy part was customers who were in a angry mood...Just let them say what's on thier mind first then explain most times customers are fine once they understand...
Enjoyable part is the difference people l met ..really enjoy talking with them ..
a fun fast paced environment to work in
Department Sales Lead (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC7 March 2017
I was hired as a head of a department that my training as a chef utilized. Then they put me on as a cashier which I can do but wasted my talents. Overall a good place to work
Pros
fun environment
Cons
the district manager
Get ready to be creative.
Gourmet Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON25 September 2016
HomeSense is a good place to work. Would start early by unloading the truck, organize the merchandise and putting them on display in store. Helping out customers with finding the best item for what they are looking for and cashing them out.
Pros
Hours and being creative.
Cons
Too many cook in the kitchen if u know what i mean.
what I learned
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON15 March 2017
Working at Homesense was a wonderful experience for me. A skill that i strongly improved on is dealing with the customers items and having friendly conversations at the same time and also answering questions.
productive
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  7575 weston rd20 January 2017
I was trained to work as a sales rep but also trained as a cashier. I worked the floors and helped customers find their items. It was enjoyable because my coworkers were helpful and very approachable
Great place with wonderful people.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ON4 January 2017
Its a great place to work and definatly gives your decorative side some up to date lessons on style and living for 2017. Amazing and upbeat people to work with on a day to day basis.
Fun and enthusiastic place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Kingston, ON3 January 2017
Great place to work.
management is helpful, easy to talk to and great to work with.
co-workers are great,kind and caring for one another.
customers are kind and understanding.
Great Company
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 January 2017
Flexible schedule and friendly environment. Some job is had to do as receive the truck at morning shifts. But the manager always a nice people and friendly.
Nice Teamwork
Store Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON9 October 2016
- I learned best Customer Service and how to organize the shelves and display the products in systematic way.

- Managers were very supportive and helpful.
Pros
10% Discount Facility for Employees
Interactive, fun place to work while making sales and merchandising.
Associate (Current Employee) –  White Rock, BC18 June 2016
A typical day a work would be to receive daily truck, unload boxes and process items received. Building furniture sometimes, taking product to the floor. Help out on cash when needed, talk to customers and provide good customer service. Talk to management about floor changes and sales. Helping out with carry outs, (taking down rugs, carrying out furniture, wrapping furniture.) Merchandising product to drive sales, putting together displays at front of store and communicating to co-workers about changes in each zone. Follow given tasks from coordinator and finish door to floor in given time period.
Pros
lots of work, time goes by quickly
Cons
heavy lifting
would rate them zero stars if it were an option
Processor Winners (Former Employee) –  Langford, BC31 May 2016
this company is full of BS from the start
they have this orientation videos of how great it is working
for TJX (their parent company) in the hiring proccess they
say they realize they understand how you have to pay your
bills and if you don't get something done there is always tomorrow
but once working for them it is never good enough never
fast enough. Like to see management live on their tiny little
cheques being so stingy with the wage stingy with the hours.
Like see some of those lazy managers carry the big bulky
furniture out to customers vehicles load them and see
how easy it is for the lousy pay
Pros
pay way too little for their expectations
Cons
none except for learning how rotten Winners/Homesense is
Great place
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON20 September 2016
I really enjoyed working here because they were amazing people. They knew what they were doing and they knew how to train people and make sure they're on the right track.