HomeSense Employee Reviews in Canada

Interactive, fun place to work while making sales and merchandising.
Associate (Current Employee) –  White Rock, BCJune 18, 2016
A typical day a work would be to receive daily truck, unload boxes and process items received. Building furniture sometimes, taking product to the floor. Help out on cash when needed, talk to customers and provide good customer service. Talk to management about floor changes and sales. Helping out with carry outs, (taking down rugs, carrying out furniture, wrapping furniture.) Merchandising product to drive sales, putting together displays at front of store and communicating to co-workers about changes in each zone. Follow given tasks from coordinator and finish door to floor in given time period.
Pros
lots of work, time goes by quickly
Cons
heavy lifting
would rate them zero stars if it were an option
Processor Winners (Former Employee) –  Langford, BCMay 31, 2016
this company is full of BS from the start
they have this orientation videos of how great it is working
for TJX (their parent company) in the hiring proccess they
say they realize they understand how you have to pay your
bills and if you don't get something done there is always tomorrow
but once working for them it is never good enough never
fast enough. Like to see management live on their tiny little
cheques being so stingy with the wage stingy with the hours.
Like see some of those lazy managers carry the big bulky
furniture out to customers vehicles load them and see
how easy it is for the lousy pay
Pros
pay way too little for their expectations
Cons
none except for learning how rotten Winners/Homesense is
Wouldn't recommend
Customer Service - Mississauga (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONApril 6, 2016
Customer Service was often busy, treated customers with dignity, I was very friendly however Management was also helpful, my co-workers was great people, the hardest part of the job was getting people to leave after the store close and they still browsing, the most enjoyable part was packing away stuff on the shelves it was great.
Pros
we had free organic chips sometimes, or cake if its a birthday or snacks other times
Cons
not enough hours
Interesting, somewhat predictable, with nice people (for the most part)
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBMay 6, 2016
Typical days were unloading trucks and putting merchandise on the floor. Days were routine, predictable. Co-workers were, for most part, great- there was some drama and huge gossips, but not bad overall. 4 managers- 2 were amazing, 1 showed indifference towards me. The other was quite aggressive and in your face- someone that picked favourites and those to pick on and was best avoided if you were the latter. She also wasn't the kindest to part-timers. Worst thing was just how despite filling in availability forms, they didn't always listen, which created some issues for me balancing family responsibility with work there. However, I worked there for about a year, and it was only the last couple of months when things turned sour. Overall, not a bad place, and definitely should be considered by those looking for a job!
Fast paced and social workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ONMay 5, 2016
The tasks in a day at HomSense were very simple and had a sense of urgency. Each day seemed the same and there was little change in the duties which made the job predictable. I enjoyed the team based environment and would recommend this job to anyone interested in retail.
Pros
Work parties
Cons
Short shifts
Productive and energetic environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMarch 12, 2016
I worked customer service, so returns , stocking, cashier duties, working with the public. It was a very fast paced environment. It was a very diverse staff environment and everyone was a delight to work with, i loved my bosses and they were very undertstanding and supportive.
Pros
nice co workers
Cons
not so understanding in emergency situations
Very friendly, safe, reputable place to work, but there is not enough hours for everyone.
DECK ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ONFebruary 2, 2016
A typical day at HomeSense involves bringing product from the warehouse and arranging the product according to merchandising standards. This is very interesting and fun as I have learned some great decorating techniques along the way.

Management is professional, hard-working, and great to everyone. Co-workers are all a great team and I would love to work more for this company, but being a part-time employee does not allow for as many hours I require.

The hardest part of this job would be the heavy lifting. We lift very large mirrors, furniture and art work each shift. The most enjoyable part of the job is helping customers find their "perfect" item.
Pros
Fun, happy, and never boring
Cons
Not enough shifts
Keyholder
Customer Service Coordinator/ Keyholder (Former Employee) –  yonge stMay 30, 2016
Job description is to learn from managers. I have a authority next to managers and in case of their absence, I am in charge to look after a whole store. Typical day at work would be facing a challenge to deal with irate customers, look after sales, maintain a company standard to boost sales.
I learned how the store runs. whats important to run in business prospect. and the needs of the business. it also teach me to deal with people and i learned how to manage and delegate.
I may not have worked with best co-workers but i have always been respectful to them and i worked very well with all my co- workers and got positive response from them.
Hardest part of the job is to working as an acting managers but not having much power as managers suppose to get. Things get challenging when you don't get all the tools when i have to run the store and i don't get much support from the higher authority.Most enjoyable part of the job would be working with people and learning so much from people from different background.
Pros
working with people
Cons
management
Efficient and customer orientated
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ONMay 17, 2016
HomeSense was a great company to work for with lots of room for job advancement. Enjoyed getting to work with customers on a daily basis. Learned a lot about dealing with customers.
sams club
Assistant Manager, Customer Service and Operations (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ONApril 7, 2016
great potential for growth. Many opportunities to work with buyers, replenishment team in the head office. Hard work is recognised in the Sams club
Good workplace with variety of tasks
Sales Associate / Customer Service/ Warehouse (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBFebruary 4, 2016
Day consists of receiving morning truck shipment, stocking sales floor, merchandising, and customer service. As well as spending time being a cashier and loading merchandise into customer vehicles.
Friendly atmosphere
Sales associate (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ONMay 7, 2016
Nice place to work, but pay could be better. Great associates, although it is tiring work, as you have to be on your feet all day.
Fast-pace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONFebruary 23, 2016
Fast-pace work environment, enjoyable staff. This was a fairly decent workplace, but unfortunately the management made no efforts to make new-comers feel welcome.
fun, and organized
Sales associate (seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONFebruary 9, 2016
I enjoyed working here for as long as i did. Everyone is respectable, and hard working. I was mainly responsible for the kitchen section when i worked there.
Its a good place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Grande Prairie, ABJanuary 17, 2016
The managers and other associates are all good to work with. They provide snacks occasionally as well as drinks. When it's busy it can be a little overwhelming.
Good place to work for your first high school job
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  BramptonSeptember 11, 2015
Working at HomeSense is enjoyable. Depending on which store you work at, most of the staff is friendly and helpful. The customers that we get at this kind of business, depending on the location again, can be good and bad. For my location being in Brampton, the customers are mostly bad. But, this issue can be found at most retail stores. I would recommend this job to students who are in high school.
Pros
Flexible schedules
Cons
Lack of management organization
nice environment to work in
sales executive (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 2, 2015
A typical day at work would be unloading the new shipments on the shelves as the days go by we learned true value of team work cause without it its impossible to take care of the work load hardest part of the job was when a customer purchased a relatively heavy item and we had to Cary it out to their transportation
n/a
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 21, 2016
Always a fun place to work. As long as your get your job done there is nothing to worry about the people and nice and welcoming
Good work place
Store Associate (Current Employee) –  Ajax, ONAugust 26, 2015
re very good friendly people who give opportunity, a great place for part time employment while in school but not a career job ability to move up within the company can take a long time. Great environment enjoy working here but unfortunately need something better with better pay.
Pros
lots of parties
Cons
minimuk wage
Homesense Review
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Orangeville, ONMay 27, 2015
A typical day at work consisted of either being on cash or on the sales floor stocking merchandise. I learned many customer service skills that I will be able to use in future jobs. The management at my location was a very positive group of people always encouraging us to do our best. The hardest part of the job was probably the lack of hours I received and the most enjoyable part was dealing with customers. I really enjoy working with people and making sure all their needs are met.
Pros
working amoungst great people
Cons
very little hours