HomeSense Employee Reviews

OK job
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 November 2017
Regular retail environment. Customers are very kind in this workplace. Coworkers are ok, but since I'm a new hire, I don't feel part of their existing family. Overall a meh place to work. But good if your a student. Would recommend working here if you like basic work and discounts to store.
Great team, not so good management.
Full Time Associate (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON22 November 2017
HomeSense would have been a company I could of had a career with and at one point wanted too. Unfortunately the company was more of a high school and did not demonstrate there core values consistently.
Fun, Friendly Environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON22 November 2017
Everyday when i get to work i always get greeted by my fellow co-workers. The management team always makes sure you are okay and ready to work. They plan a lot of fun activities and ways to help out in our community throughout the year. Overall an amazing place to work.
Belle place
Caissière et service à la clientèle (Former Employee) –  Saint-Jérôme, QC12 November 2017
Une très bonne place, le personnelles est formidable, environnement très beau et plaisant
Pros
Le plaisir de rencontrer les gens avoir un contact direct
Cons
Il n'y a n'a pas
Amazing co-workers and management
Customer service (Current Employee) –  Fredericton, NB8 November 2017
One of the best places I've ever worked at, very friendly work environment and great management. Could not ask for a better place to work. The management team cares greatly about improving their staff and makes sure you understand the proper way to do tasks.
Enjoyed talking with the customers about their purchases
Customer Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON7 November 2017
I enjoyed working at Homesense. I liked talking with the customers about their purchases. I had a lot of customers ask me questions about their purchases and I would advise them if this was the right product for them.
Productive Fun place to work
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 November 2017
Everyone at Homesense is caring and motivated to work, not one negative aspect presented while i worked there. Very flexible and understanding of factors that affect availability.
Job review
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC2 November 2017
HomeSense was a nice change of work for me. I used to work in grocery stores so a store like home sense was a new environment. The training for the job was very clear and easy.
Pros
Nice people
Good Job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Medicine Hat, AB28 September 2017
I loved the atmosphere! The management team was amazing! The company was very generous to me. I loved working there! It was a great job! I recommend this job!
retail is not for me
Floor Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 September 2017
Retail is not for me again. I got this job because i was at school and this was the best option with schedule flexibility. There is a lot of people trying to step over you to progress.

Want to know more about HomeSense?

Ask a question
Very Nice atmosphere. Great place to build a career specily if you are into Decor!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Merivale, ON31 August 2017
Home sense is Great business to star a career eather if you like sales , meet clientes or if you are passionate for Decor .
For me was like DisnayLand ! They have great and unique products and great prices.
The work environment is very friendly and respectful and team oriented .
I would work there again with no doubt.
Pros
Descounts
Incredible work environment with friendly managers and supervisors
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Pitt Meadows, BC22 July 2017
Over the past 2 years I've made some of my most cherished memories and worked hard towards so many valued skills. Highly recommended as a first job. Unfortunately it can be difficult to work full time hours as there's usually a lot of employees to share the hours amongst.
it was a good first job
Part-Time Associate (Current Employee) –  Hespeler, ON2 July 2017
Homesense was my first job at 17 and it was amazing. very accommodating with my school hours and easily was able to book off any days i wanted. now that a few years have past and i have bills to pay, they refuse to give me the hours i desperately need (and have mentioned many times in person) but have given the hours to part-time associates who have been there for only a few months. I have been there for just over 2 years and have been told i have no hope in moving up with this company because i am seen as "a joke" among my peers according to management.
Pros
long lunches and friendly regular customers
Cons
rude management and regular hour cuts
fun workplace, enjoyable environment, great people
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 June 2017
connecting with customers is great, the workplace is friendly. great management, good environment. They have almost everything there. Fast paced when busy, almost always something to do.
Great place to Work.
Team Member (Part-time) (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK7 June 2017
Homesense is a great place to work. The management is good and the workers are all friendly. Homesense supports a flexible work schedule for all its workers with great advancement opportunities.
Pros
Unionized Workplace
Cons
none.
friendly environment
CASH OFFICE AND MARKDOWN ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Alberta12 May 2017
They respect their employees and always take time to discuss their ideas . Management is so nice and you learn new things everyday. I really enjoyed working over there.
Productive and fun place to work at
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC9 May 2017
My typical day was fabulous. I learned how to open boxes, flatten boxes, build lamps and furniture, operate compactor and keeping the working area clean.
Homesense
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK4 May 2017
Good work enviroment, and the mangers really demostrate a postive work ethic. Meetings help keep everyone involved. Overall a postive and fun work experience
Great people
Associate (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ON24 April 2017
A great place to work, many different areas to be trained in. Very customer service oriented. Never a dull moment. I think considering how much money the company makes, the employees deserve a better discount.
Absolutely love it
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON24 April 2017
Great company, great employees and management. I love how everyone is a part of a team and works well together. More frequent pay raises would be beneficial.