HomeSense Employee Reviews in Canada

Wouldn't recommend
Customer Service - Mississauga (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONApril 6, 2016
Customer Service was often busy, treated customers with dignity, I was very friendly however Management was also helpful, my co-workers was great people, the hardest part of the job was getting people to leave after the store close and they still browsing, the most enjoyable part was packing away stuff on the shelves it was great.
Pros
we had free organic chips sometimes, or cake if its a birthday or snacks other times
Cons
not enough hours
Productive and energetic environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMarch 12, 2016
I worked customer service, so returns , stocking, cashier duties, working with the public. It was a very fast paced environment. It was a very diverse staff environment and everyone was a delight to work with, i loved my bosses and they were very undertstanding and supportive.
Pros
nice co workers
Cons
not so understanding in emergency situations
Interesting, somewhat predictable, with nice people (for the most part)
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBMay 6, 2016
Typical days were unloading trucks and putting merchandise on the floor. Days were routine, predictable. Co-workers were, for most part, great- there was some drama and huge gossips, but not bad overall. 4 managers- 2 were amazing, 1 showed indifference towards me. The other was quite aggressive and in your face- someone that picked favourites and those to pick on and was best avoided if you were the latter. She also wasn't the kindest to part-timers. Worst thing was just how despite filling in availability forms, they didn't always listen, which created some issues for me balancing family responsibility with work there. However, I worked there for about a year, and it was only the last couple of months when things turned sour. Overall, not a bad place, and definitely should be considered by those looking for a job!
Very friendly, safe, reputable place to work, but there is not enough hours for everyone.
DECK ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ONFebruary 2, 2016
A typical day at HomeSense involves bringing product from the warehouse and arranging the product according to merchandising standards. This is very interesting and fun as I have learned some great decorating techniques along the way.

Management is professional, hard-working, and great to everyone. Co-workers are all a great team and I would love to work more for this company, but being a part-time employee does not allow for as many hours I require.

The hardest part of this job would be the heavy lifting. We lift very large mirrors, furniture and art work each shift. The most enjoyable part of the job is helping customers find their "perfect" item.
Pros
Fun, happy, and never boring
Cons
Not enough shifts
Fast paced and social workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ONMay 5, 2016
The tasks in a day at HomSense were very simple and had a sense of urgency. Each day seemed the same and there was little change in the duties which made the job predictable. I enjoyed the team based environment and would recommend this job to anyone interested in retail.
Pros
Work parties
Cons
Short shifts
Good workplace with variety of tasks
Sales Associate / Customer Service/ Warehouse (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBFebruary 4, 2016
Day consists of receiving morning truck shipment, stocking sales floor, merchandising, and customer service. As well as spending time being a cashier and loading merchandise into customer vehicles.
sams club
Assistant Manager, Customer Service and Operations (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ONApril 7, 2016
great potential for growth. Many opportunities to work with buyers, replenishment team in the head office. Hard work is recognised in the Sams club
Fast-pace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONFebruary 23, 2016
Fast-pace work environment, enjoyable staff. This was a fairly decent workplace, but unfortunately the management made no efforts to make new-comers feel welcome.
Good place to work for your first high school job
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  BramptonSeptember 11, 2015
Working at HomeSense is enjoyable. Depending on which store you work at, most of the staff is friendly and helpful. The customers that we get at this kind of business, depending on the location again, can be good and bad. For my location being in Brampton, the customers are mostly bad. But, this issue can be found at most retail stores. I would recommend this job to students who are in high school.
Pros
Flexible schedules
Cons
Lack of management organization
fun, and organized
Sales associate (seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONFebruary 9, 2016
I enjoyed working here for as long as i did. Everyone is respectable, and hard working. I was mainly responsible for the kitchen section when i worked there.
Friendly atmosphere
Sales associate (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ONMay 7, 2016
Nice place to work, but pay could be better. Great associates, although it is tiring work, as you have to be on your feet all day.
nice environment to work in
sales executive (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 2, 2015
A typical day at work would be unloading the new shipments on the shelves as the days go by we learned true value of team work cause without it its impossible to take care of the work load hardest part of the job was when a customer purchased a relatively heavy item and we had to Cary it out to their transportation
Its a good place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Grande Prairie, ABJanuary 17, 2016
The managers and other associates are all good to work with. They provide snacks occasionally as well as drinks. When it's busy it can be a little overwhelming.
n/a
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 21, 2016
Always a fun place to work. As long as your get your job done there is nothing to worry about the people and nice and welcoming
Good work place
Store Associate (Current Employee) –  Ajax, ONAugust 26, 2015
re very good friendly people who give opportunity, a great place for part time employment while in school but not a career job ability to move up within the company can take a long time. Great environment enjoy working here but unfortunately need something better with better pay.
Pros
lots of parties
Cons
minimuk wage
Retail
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, ABOctober 6, 2015
Typical day would consist of moving furniture and other home accessories from the warehouse to the store floor. I learned people skills from working at HomeSense.
Homesense Review
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Orangeville, ONMay 27, 2015
A typical day at work consisted of either being on cash or on the sales floor stocking merchandise. I learned many customer service skills that I will be able to use in future jobs. The management at my location was a very positive group of people always encouraging us to do our best. The hardest part of the job was probably the lack of hours I received and the most enjoyable part was dealing with customers. I really enjoy working with people and making sure all their needs are met.
Pros
working amoungst great people
Cons
very little hours
HomeSense
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ONOctober 14, 2015
Great place to work with exceptional associates and exceptional management team comes with 10% discount aswell so who can argue
I wish I had stayed here
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ONJune 9, 2015
Management runs a tight ship, mostly by working hard along side the rank and file employees. Their team building exercises were fun and well attended. I never met such a variety of people who knew how to show common respect and was inspired to be more available and productive. I miss them all very much.
An Unexpected Great Experience
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Newmarket, ONApril 29, 2015
I applied to Homesense after graduating from Fleming College with the intention of working at the store for the summer until I found a job within my field of study. Homesense was really flexible in providing a schedule that worked around my job search.
When I decided to go back to school and change my field of interest, Homesense once again worked around my schedule to allow me to balance a full course load at Georgian while maintaining enough hours at work to help pay for the costs of being at school.
Finally, I can't say enough good things about the staff - management, full-timers, part-timers, and other students - everyone is extremely friendly and hard-working.
Pros
Great staff, great work environment