Homejoy

Homejoy Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Potential to make good money just bad management
Cleaner (Former Employee), Houston, TxJuly 15, 2014
Pros: potentially good money
Cons: management and client reviews
I thought I finally found a company I would enjoy working for. You can set your own hours, request off, and work on your own. But customers are able to put up horrible reviews and management automatically takes their side. The city manager is impossible to get in touch with but yet the assistant city manager will act like she can't do anything to help. – more... They claim they have your back but they don't. They are quick to suspend people. They tell you that you can dispute it but they don't fully investigate the situation. I had five star reviews and only two one star reviews. One of the reviews the lady completely lied and the second one lied saying I didn't show up when she didn't answer her door. I contacted both managers through email, phone, and text message right away and none answered. – less
Productive well managed new cleaning company
Housekeeper (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAJune 18, 2014
Pros: free drink and snacks at the main headquarters, and tips
Cons: customer service, the clients, the whole workplace was terrible
Homejoy was a pleasure to work with in the begginning but as i got into the field for a little more over a month everything start changing at first they was on top but started falling off slowly when it comes to answering the phone for serious inquries to messing up on my payments.
Fun place to work, with a young innovative culture.
Client Services Escalations Manager (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAJune 16, 2014
Pros: free lunches, parties, and lots of alcohol.
Cons: no defined benefits or pto structure.
I loved working for Homejoy, and so does everyone else who works there. It was a great environment to make your mark, and to learn new skills to benefit your future career. Everyone has a tremendous amount of fun, and the culture is very important to the HR team.
Cleaner (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVJune 9, 2014
Pro's

Management is very good here in Vegas.
You can create your own schedule.
Pay is good.

Con's

Clients have the ability to book a shorter time than what is recommended. No One can clean a 4000 sq ft home in 2.5
to 3 hrs.
Loved It!
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Miami, FLJune 6, 2014
Great company to work for. Management is awesome, paid weekly, work as an independent contractor, $12/hr, most clients are great to work with and if you do well, they even tip you. I absolutely loved working here and would recommend this job to any and everyone that enjoys cleaning.
Fantastic place to work
Cleaner (Current Employee), New York, New YorkJune 4, 2014
Pros: able to make your own schedule, meet interesting people, stay in shape, tips.
Cons: lots of traveling
Fast paced company with a lot of work if you want it. Nice manager.
Denver Managment is demanding and rude.
Contract Houscleaner (Former Employee), Denver, COApril 16, 2014
Cons: contolling, demanding, unsupportive managment in denver
The management a girl and guy team, are rude demanding and complete power trippers!! Stay away, there are so many cleaning companies out there, no one has to tolerate this kind of treatment. They always in need of help, there is a reason for that believe me!
Great place to work.
Master Cleaner (Current Employee), Phoenix, AzApril 4, 2014
Pros: you are in charge of making your pay what you want it to be.
I work for Homejoy as a Independent contactor. I like working for Homejoy because I can set my own schedule and location where I work. I meet a lot of intresting people and go to all different places. ..the hourly pay for each job is good. Your paid one time every week and you can have it directly deposited into your bank account. So... if your looking – more... for a job with flexabilty n a good hourly and you consider yourself professional cleaner and you like to clean..look us up... – less
productive an fun workplace. u have to b independently driven.
independent contractor (Current Employee), Phx, AzApril 3, 2014
Pros: get to meet new people, very flexible, can possibly add a job daily.
Cons: have to travel a lot without gas compensation, put alot of miles on my car.
The most enjoyable part of my job is that I satisfy the customers. I go above an beyond to challenge my skills daily. I always make every move count when I work, especially because we are timed.
Fun place to work
Recruiter (Former Employee), San Francisco, CANovember 13, 2013
Overall fun place to work but not enough structure or security.
Fun Workplace
Housekeeping- As an independent contractor (Current Employee), New York, NYOctober 14, 2013
Pros: bonus for reffering a friend to become part of a homejoy team member.
I love working for Homejoy...they are just amazing i love the way they communicate with clients & employees and everything is made online. i love it. looking forward to be promoted soon.
Enjoy meeting new people everyday
Female Housekeeper (Current Employee), Washington, DCAugust 15, 2013
Pros: flexible schedule, tips
Cons: cannot cancel on a job even if an emergency comes up, have to travel a lot without gas compensation
Very challenging job, but it taught me how to be very patient with customers. I enjoy majority of my clients, very friendly and lovely people.

About Homejoy