Home Outfitters

product assortment strategy
in-store marketing
Retail Marketing - online, email and traditional flyer format
International and domestic sourcing
Fun and relax place to work
Store Administrator and Human Resources (Former Employee), Kingston, ONFebruary 3, 2015
Enjoyable working environment
Good team work
A lot of challenge on regular basic
No evening and weekend work
Self efficient
Softline Associate
Softline Associate (Former Employee), Victoria, BCJanuary 31, 2015
I was responsible for stock, assisting customers, planograms, cash, and promoting HBC credit cards. My coworkers were awesome to work with. Home Outfitters stocked really good quality products.
Demanding credit card upselling with no commission
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Victoria, BCJanuary 29, 2015
The hardest part of my job was up selling credit cards. The most enjoyable part of my job was organizing and displaying inventory.
great co-workers
Cashier (Former Employee), windsor,onJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: great products
Cons: only part-time
Lots of work to do and it keeps you busy. You do it all cashier answer phone/ do credit card apps. and do returns.
Had excellent co-workers on the floor.
Cashier (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONNovember 10, 2014
Pros: employee discount
Cons: work week was only posted 3 days befor and that did not include sundays.
The hardest part of the job was the limited training that I had and I felt that it could have been longer considering the amount we had to memorize and the daily changes. However my fellow cashiers and floor people were all excellent to work with! I made many new friends.
fun exciting work place great company
Cashier Supervisor (Former Employee), Etobicoke, ONNovember 2, 2014
Pros: great management
Cons: hours
big store lots of merchandise always an opportunity to learn
Love working with the people and products
Assistant store manager (Current Employee), kitchener ontarioOctober 29, 2014
Pros: beautiful products, great associates
Cons: unhappy guests
Home Outfitters is a 28000 sq ft selling floor. lots of merchandising, ad set and workload changes. The people are friendly outgoing and are great team.
Worst job ever
Cashier (Former Employee), Halifax, NSSeptember 29, 2014
Pros: other employees that worked there were really nice
Cons: bad pay, management was no good, long hours for nothing
You had to con people into signing up for the HBC credit/master card and if you didn't get people to sign up (not everyone wants it) then they would cut your hours because you're basically useless to them. If you are a cashier you stand at cash for a long period of time by yourself and there could be 2-3 hours where you have no customers and you can only straighten around your front cash so many times. Many times I have almost peed myself because, whoever was going to cover your break or cover so you could use the bathroom took forever to come up.. Probably a good job if you were in highschool!
Productive environment with great health/dental benefits
Department Manager (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABAugust 11, 2014
After prioritizing my day, I would set about daily tasks such as setting up sales, reviewing signage, and making sure standards were met throughout the department. I would check periodically to see if we were hitting targets and goals in terms of our sales numbers, blend, and attachment rate. If standards were not being met, or if targets were not being achieved, I would make inquiries into the matter, and suggest changes.
Love coming to work!
Floor Associate (Current Employee), London, ONJune 25, 2014
A typical day at work is very busy. There is always things that need to be done around the store whether it be price changes, planograms, inventory preparation, or receiving and stocking the truck shipment. From this job I have learned so much about working in retail, and so much about myself. The management team is wonderful and are always there to help when you need it. My fellow co-workers are the best part of the job. I have made so many great friends from this job. The hardest part of the job is working in the receiving area in no air conditioning, but the most enjoyable part of the job is the atmosphere. Everyone is so positive even when its a bad day.
Friendly environment
Main floor sales associate (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJune 10, 2014
Working at Home Outfitters was a great job.
Every employee was helpful and always enjoyed helping out customers.
My position was different every day and varied.
I loved being able to help out the cashiers, sales associates, and office administrator.
Was able to get involved and lift heavy material/appliances.
Very friendly and joyful environment.
Calm Environment with Few Benefits
Cashier (Former Employee), Maple, OntarioMay 3, 2014
Pros: calm environment, friendly associates
Cons: not many benefits, unprofessional management
A typical day at work would be spending the day at the cashier & recovering an area near the cash. I learned a lot when it came to customer service, and sales. The management was very unprofessional and did little to support their employees. The hardest part of the job was the fact that there were not many associates working at one time, especially on busy days. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to know & helping out the different customers & be ing able to provide them with the service they needed.
Productive and like to get along with everyone at the workplace
Cashier/ Customers Service Representative (Current Employee), Calgary, ABApril 22, 2014
Pros: good people
Cons: no hours
my typical day at work is I work on cash all day (retail stuff) then I ;earn that the customer is always right and that management is not for me. my coworker are fun but we dont all get along like any work place. I enjoy the little things when someone makes me laugh or a stranger gives me advice.
Great workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Halifax, CanadaApril 20, 2014
Great management. Great co-workers. Understanding employees.

Learned about numerous lines of products and gained a credible amount of experience in customer service as well as warehouse and resolving conflicts.

Hardest part is to convince the customers about our credit cards.
Ok
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBApril 11, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: wasn't trained as well as i should have been
Working here had it's good and bad days like every job. Didn't get along with a few people, could definitely feel the tension between someone else and myself. Some gossiping.
productive and kept you on your toes
receiver (Current Employee), Calgary, ABApril 8, 2014
Pros: some good staff members
Cons: favoritism
hardest part of my week was offloading the trailer and opening and pricing all the merchandise.
Good Customer Service Experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Concord, ONFebruary 19, 2014
Cons: little pay
working a lot with customers, management is a bit tough, enjoyable part is helping and making customers satisfied.
What I learned working in customer service.
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee), Barrie, ONJanuary 23, 2014
Pros: great staff
Cons: not enough hours.
It is honestly a very hard job dealing with customers all day. You never know if you are going to get a pleasant or nasty one. Either way you just have to keep smiling. Even if you are not the reason they are angry, you have to do all you can to make sure thy have a great experience and hope that all you did was good enough for them to come back.
fast paced
CUSTOMER SERVICE (Current Employee), winnipegJanuary 15, 2014
Pros: learning experience
Cons: low hours, and minuimin wage
a fast paced environment that involves handling all aspects of retail.( customer service,cash,stock,cleaning,inventory)

1 2 3

About Home Outfitters

As Canada's largest and fastest growing home specialty store, Home Outfitters offers the most innovative products for the home. – Read more