Home Outfitters Employee Reviews in Canada

Very Friendly Atmosphere
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABAugust 1, 2016
Must Always Help customers find what they need and help them in anyway they need.
Learned to hone my Customer Service skills
Management always Asks us to Do things with a smile and Polite Attitude
My Coworkers are sweet and caring. Always helpful to both Customers and New Staff.
The Hardest part of the Job is Cashing out. I need to count everything and all the charge makes it difficult
The most Enjoyable Part is My Coworkers. They make the Day fly by
Pros
Friendly People
Cons
Takes awhile for Staff to help Cashiers
Long but enjoyable hours
Temporary Inventory Clerk (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BCJuly 17, 2016
Working inventory for long hours at a department store is no doubt dreading but the people were very friendly and it was enjoyable. Learned how to use inventory scanners, etc.
Pros
fun employees, free drinks
Fun
Inventory Clerk (Former Employee) –  Erin Mills, ONJuly 11, 2016
Scanning bar codes
Entering data
Keeping records

Magement was freindly. Co workers were happy, freindly people. Hardest part was entering data correctly, and the most enjoyable part was keeping records.
Pros
Different then what I used to do
Cons
Short duration
fun place to work as you meet new people everyday
SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 7, 2016
A very good management and very nice co workers, hardest part was to convince people to sign up for credit cards which the management expects the most from us.
Productive Team Work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ONJune 23, 2016
I enjoyed working with friendly associates on daily basis. Customer Service to people was number 1 to me i tried to hep them the best i could what they were looking for.
I loved working there a good atmosphere.
Bad management.
Cashier and Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Regina, SKJune 4, 2016
In my time working at Home Outtfiters I learned a lot about retail. There is no emplyee discount what so ever. As a cashier you have to stand for long periods of time, with no tasks to do but straight out the front. The management team is extreamly unprofessional. Management is often putting down their employees who don't earn credit sign ups. The biggest push of the store is pushing the hbc credit card. The management just cares about the sales of the company and treats their staff poor.
Pros
Having scheduled breaks
Cons
Bad management. No discounts. Long periods of standing.
Fun Environment
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONFebruary 18, 2016
Fun and welcoming environment, nice people and easy on the stress. Customers are fairly nice and know you by name. Management and co workers are friendly. Demand for sign ups are very high
Cons
Not always busy
Poorly run company
Manager, Hard Side (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ONJanuary 21, 2016
The direction of the Company Leadership is not filtered down to the Store Associates. The Company has been closing Stores and I believe this trend will continue
Nice staff busy days
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABDecember 18, 2015
A typical work day was very busy I was constantly busy. I learned how to close the tills and how to bag big boxes/items with ease. My coworkers were alright everyone got along and helped one another if someone needed help. The hardest part of my job was lifting heavy things and carrying them out to costumers cars. My most enjoyable part of my job was always being busy and alwasy being able to help in different departments.
Great management, unorganized store (not management's fault)
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONNovember 22, 2015
Hired to work at Home Outfitters at Square One approaching closing-down date. Great managers, very supportive and helpful, friendly and supportive co-workers. No difficult tasks assigned. Cashier, cleaning sections, providing customer service took up most of my time. Only problems were how unorganized the store was, however, this was not management's fault as the store was closing down and customers did not seem to care about the store (throwing items on floor, not putting them back where they belonged, etc.).
Pros
Friendly environment, supportive peers
Cons
Unorganized store due to lack of care from customers
Provided lots of learning experiences; co-workers were the best :)
Cashier Clerk, Customer Service Employee (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BCNovember 4, 2015
I learnt plenty about working in a retain environment; customer service, processing transactions, learning about the store and the products etc. The people who worked there made every shift better and were always there to help, inside and outside of work. A difficult part was the heavy lifting and physical aspects, however management was very understanding and there to assist when needed.
HBC HBC HBC
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABOctober 26, 2015
Day was usually pretty busy depending on the time of day.

We always had to ask if they would be paying with there HBC credit cards. If our average sales was less then 30 percent we would have a talk about why we didn't reach the target for HBC use
Cashier
Sales Associate; Cashier (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONOctober 15, 2015
Great people, good hours, great home d├ęcor. Loved it! Management was really nice, constant incentives to promote the credit card. Lots of high fives. Great job!
Productive fun & friendly workplace/ staff.
Square One location - Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONSeptember 19, 2015
The Home Outfitters team was very friendly, and supportive for first timers. Management was friendly, and wise teaching me about the retail world.
Gained valuable experience in retail business.
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ONSeptember 18, 2015
An enjoyable workplace with friendly and co-operative co-workers. Together we strived to achieve sales targets and plans to become a top ten store in Ontario.
The most challenging aspect of the job was to make the goals set by the company. The most satifying part was building the TEAM to attain a successful result.
Positive Work Environment With Energetic Management Team
RECEIVING & CUSTOMER SERVICE (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONSeptember 8, 2015
Goal-oriented management staff that actively teaches staff and connects on a personal and professional level. Customer base is friendly and forgiving, a great place for young people looking to join the work force.
Productive and great co workers
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Pickering, ONSeptember 4, 2015
Amazing place to work at. flexible hours.
Supportive management.
Near end of its tenure, the hours became low. A typical day at the store has me cleaning the store and helping costumers.
I very much enjoyed my many years with Home Outfitters
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford B.CSeptember 2, 2015
I have learned from Hbc.. That every associate is respected as an
individual and accorded understanding, courteous consideration and fair treatment at all times.
Pros
To best serve the needs of the majority of Canadian consumers
Cons
Never a dull moment, but you turn it into learning something new.
Productive and fun workplace
Stock Inventory (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONAugust 19, 2015
I was hired only for a weekend to do some stock inventory. Although I only worked with the staff for 2 days, they welcomed all of us with open arms. I instantly felt comfortable. I had to work an hour before closing time to about 9 or 10pm. Since I started an hour before closing time, often times customers would come up to me and ask me questions and if I could I would help them and if not I would kindly let them know I was only hired for the weekend. I did not have any experience doing anything with stock so this job really taught me how to go through inventory and update the stock. It also taught me that accuracy is very very important. Most of the co-workers I had were either my friends or complete strangers, although I was working with my friends I stayed on task and did not let myself get distracted. The management were very kind and you could easily go up to them to ask them any questions if you were confused about something. The most enjoyable part of the job was the job itself, as cliche as that sounds. I love keeping busy and actually doing something worthwhile and meeting new people on top of that. All in all, it was a very enjoyable experience.
Pros
2-3 breaks
Cons
late nights
Typical Work Day
Inventory Analyst (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBAugust 17, 2015
Typical work day/evening would be counting how much product is on the shelves and scanning inventory tags and inserting the amount of product
Pros
Got some breaks