Home Outfitters Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Poorly run company
Manager, Hard Side (Former Employee), Kingston, ONJanuary 21, 2016
The direction of the Company Leadership is not filtered down to the Store Associates. The Company has been closing Stores and I believe this trend will continue
Nice staff busy days
Cashier (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABDecember 18, 2015
A typical work day was very busy I was constantly busy. I learned how to close the tills and how to bag big boxes/items with ease. My coworkers were alright everyone got along and helped one another if someone needed help. The hardest part of my job was lifting heavy things and carrying them out to costumers cars. My most enjoyable part of my job was always being busy and alwasy being able to help in different departments.
Great management, unorganized store (not management's fault)
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONNovember 22, 2015
Pros: Friendly environment, supportive peers
Cons: Unorganized store due to lack of care from customers
Hired to work at Home Outfitters at Square One approaching closing-down date. Great managers, very supportive and helpful, friendly and supportive co-workers. No difficult tasks assigned. Cashier, cleaning sections, providing customer service took up most of my time. Only problems were how unorganized the store was, however, this was not management's fault as the store was closing down and customers did not seem to care about the store (throwing items on floor, not putting them back where they belonged, etc.).
Provided lots of learning experiences; co-workers were the best :)
Cashier Clerk, Customer Service Employee (Former Employee), Kelowna, BCNovember 4, 2015
I learnt plenty about working in a retain environment; customer service, processing transactions, learning about the store and the products etc. The people who worked there made every shift better and were always there to help, inside and outside of work. A difficult part was the heavy lifting and physical aspects, however management was very understanding and there to assist when needed.
HBC HBC HBC
Cashier (Former Employee), Calgary, ABOctober 26, 2015
Day was usually pretty busy depending on the time of day.

We always had to ask if they would be paying with there HBC credit cards. If our average sales was less then 30 percent we would have a talk about why we didn't reach the target for HBC use
Cashier
Sales Associate; Cashier (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONOctober 15, 2015
Great people, good hours, great home décor. Loved it! Management was really nice, constant incentives to promote the credit card. Lots of high fives. Great job!
Productive fun & friendly workplace/ staff.
Square One location - Sales Associate (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONSeptember 19, 2015
The Home Outfitters team was very friendly, and supportive for first timers. Management was friendly, and wise teaching me about the retail world.
Gained valuable experience in retail business.
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Guelph, ONSeptember 18, 2015
An enjoyable workplace with friendly and co-operative co-workers. Together we strived to achieve sales targets and plans to become a top ten store in Ontario.
The most challenging aspect of the job was to make the goals set by the company. The most satifying part was building the TEAM to attain a successful result.
Positive Work Environment With Energetic Management Team
RECEIVING & CUSTOMER SERVICE (Current Employee), Brampton, ONSeptember 8, 2015
Goal-oriented management staff that actively teaches staff and connects on a personal and professional level. Customer base is friendly and forgiving, a great place for young people looking to join the work force.
Productive and great co workers
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Pickering, ONSeptember 4, 2015
Amazing place to work at. flexible hours.
Supportive management.
Near end of its tenure, the hours became low. A typical day at the store has me cleaning the store and helping costumers.
I very much enjoyed my many years with Home Outfitters
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Abbotsford B.CSeptember 2, 2015
Pros: To best serve the needs of the majority of Canadian consumers
Cons: Never a dull moment, but you turn it into learning something new.
I have learned from Hbc.. That every associate is respected as an
individual and accorded understanding, courteous consideration and fair treatment at all times.
Productive and fun workplace
Stock Inventory (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONAugust 19, 2015
Pros: 2-3 breaks
Cons: late nights
I was hired only for a weekend to do some stock inventory. Although I only worked with the staff for 2 days, they welcomed all of us with open arms. I instantly felt comfortable. I had to work an hour before closing time to about 9 or 10pm. Since I started an hour before closing time, often times customers would come up to me and ask me questions and if I could I would help them and if not I would kindly let them know I was only hired for the weekend. I did not have any experience doing anything with stock so this job really taught me how to go through inventory and update the stock. It also taught me that accuracy is very very important. Most of the co-workers I had were either my friends or complete strangers, although I was working with my friends I stayed on task and did not let myself get distracted. The management were very kind and you could easily go up to them to ask them any questions if you were confused about something. The most enjoyable part of the job was the job itself, as cliche as that sounds. I love keeping busy and actually doing something worthwhile and meeting new people on top of that. All in all, it was a very enjoyable experience.
Typical Work Day
Inventory Analyst (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBAugust 17, 2015
Pros: Got some breaks
Typical work day/evening would be counting how much product is on the shelves and scanning inventory tags and inserting the amount of product
Inventory sales
Inventory (Former Employee), Mississauga BCCJuly 29, 2015
I worked for inventory sales, I counted , scanned and places items in the right order. The atmosphere was positive and determination i got from my peers was great!
Excellent work environment
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee), GTAJune 22, 2015
Pros: benefits, health, dental and associate perks
Cons: long hours
Have had a great working experience with the team and some of the managers here. The benefits are good and there are opportunities to grow.
Productive Place to work at
Inventory Clerk (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJune 8, 2015
I loved working there for the short time that I did. It provided me with essential skills that I can now use and continue to grow upon in new companies.
the company was great, the boss - not so much
Sales Associate (Former Employee), winnipeg, mbApril 26, 2015
Pros: employees were a pleasure to work with
Cons: boss was unfriendly
The hours given werent enough. Schedules were changed after posting. Manager was rude and condescending, looking down on employees and treating them unfairly. I improved upon my suggestive selling skills and gained alot of product knowledge.
Fun and easy place to work
Trainee (Former Employee), Port Coquitlam, BCApril 2, 2015
The co-workers and managers were super nice to me. They answered all my questions and taught me how to do many things I didn't know how to before. They all made me feel needed and wanted and that was the best experience I could ask for.
Cool workplace
Customer Service (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONFebruary 8, 2015
Pros: easy, fun, good hours
Cons: un-realistic duties on weekdays when only one person is in a department
Disregard the management the last month employed there, i loved the job. I was lucky enough to be trained in areas of the store, which gave me a lot of versatility. Met a lot of nice people and enjoyed working with my co-workers.
Buyer