Home Health Employee Reviews

Own Schedule, Competative
HCA (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 December 2016
Working for yourself is good for managing your own schedule. Must own your own car. Be willing to promote yourself.

Must be wiling to network and take advice from people in the same field. Must have certifications as well as compassion.
Great job but hard with young kids.
Residential Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Jolicure, NB5 July 2016
All different shifts morning evening and nights. Get resident ready for their day and run errands if needed , prepare meals , banking.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
unpredictable hours
just so god
Personal Care Attendant (Former Employee) –  Westmount, AB31 May 2016
working alone with only one resident to look after is kind of a boring. Don"t get much chance to know other resident because I only concentrating to only one.
Pros
good salary
Cons
no benefit
Productive and busy
Home Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Stoneville, NL30 May 2016
A typical day at work involves light house work, caring for the client, cooking and anything else the client needs. I learned that homecare is a very important job to allow the elderly or challenged individuals to stay in their own atmosphere. My management has been easy to get along with so I have been lucky that way. My job can be rewarding at the same time mentally exhausting.
Pros
Rewarding
Cons
sometimes it can be boring
Short Days, Short hours
Caretaker (Former Employee) –  Head of St. Margaret's Bay, NS25 May 2016
this job as done on weekends only, was casual part time, and only worked a few hour, main task was to administer medication.
best time of my life
helper (Former Employee) –  Whitecourt, AB30 April 2016
helped my mother with daily living before she passed helped with everything from shopping to yard work to cooking ..she was a awesome person and my best friend miss her alot
Home care was a trial experience
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB24 March 2016
Putting myself into the home care was difficult but I did find a lot of great experience, my typical days entailed of making sure the home I worked in was well maintained in cleanliness and keeping the customers of the homes satisfied and well cared for.
Home care
Home (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON20 March 2016
I stayed home to take care of my Autistic brother .
Helped him, cleaned ,cooked for him .. without disrupting his daily routine.
Pros
got to be with my brother all day
Cons
no time to myself
Fun work place for home care
Private Caregiver (Current Employee) –  St. John's, NL5 March 2016
A typical day at work is cooking and preparing meals for the client. Cleaning the house and bathing the client. I have learned that there is alot of people out there who needs help. The hardest part about my job is getting to personaly know the client and then losing them. The most enjoyable part seeing the smile on their faces when they know they are being loved and token care of.
Fun working environment
RPN (Former Employee) –  Shelburne, ON22 February 2016
I enjoyed spending a lot of one-on-one with the patients. This allowed me to be able to introduce activities to each patient that utilized their skills and abilities. I was able to be funny/goofy in a professional way which made the patients smile and enjoy my company.
Pros
one-on-one
Life changing, rewarding.
Personal Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Lakefield, ON17 February 2016
I was approached by a family friend regarding full time home care for her mother who was entering the final stages of Alzheimer's disease.
I immediately started full time and became companion, and health care worker to a wonderful lady. My job included all areas of ADL's, as well as accompanying to all appointments, grocery shopping, house keeping, gardening, and yard work. All of these tasks included my client, at her pace. After one year of working with this lovely woman I lost her to her disease. I then enrolled and completed the PSW certificate program at Fleming and am now looking for employment.
Pros
Helping to make someone elses day brighter.
Cons
losing clients.
safe and healthy environment
Personal support worker & housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON9 February 2016
1 client
housekeeping
healthy working environment
medications
safe and secure home visits
overnight shifts
good pay rate
no benefits
Conducive,productive and fun environment
Care Aide (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC5 December 2015
It is very amazing doing what i love doing and working with those family was great experience and i also learnt a lot by knowing some of their achievement and work experiences as well i learnt from their family.most interesting is working with people who have the same goal and view point,people who are non judgmental and are ready to assist and make a change in someones life and are a great team player.waking up every morning with the energy to go out there and be able to assist someone and to be able to make them put smile makes my day a great day.i always enjoy working with colleagues no mater what personality the person posses.my employers are very kind,lovely,hard working with good leadership style and always set a good example.i greatly enjoy working with my clients and their family.working environment is conducive and productive full of fun and respect for one and other.
Home Support Worker (Current Employee) –  New Westminster, BC11 November 2015
Fun workplace.
Able to grow and develop personally.
Supportive management.
Reliable co-workers.
Enjoyed dealing with the patients and with the family.
great job
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON27 October 2015
great company to work for, friendly and caring staff, willing to help others and offered great training. management easy to talk to and other staff members very helpful when needed.
Palliative care
none (Former Employee) –  Calgary16 October 2015
Not an actual job - it was taking care of my sick and dying parents - one with leukaemia and one with kidney and heart problems.
productive and fun loving workplace
Care Provider (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC10 October 2015
I am a person who enjoys working in community for people who are in need. It gives me immense satisfaction and help me to grow as caring individual and provide me various opportunity to explore its resources to make it a better society to live with warm and tender care.
challenging and adventurous per se
Private Physical Therapist (Former Employee) –  philippines4 October 2015
Was a challenging part of my profession because you do not have a boss,you work when you wanted to, you have all the time for family and work.
Pros
tax free, all accomodation, food, are free
Cons
unpaid overtimes
The hours are manageable
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  brampton, Missisaugua29 July 2015
i love to help and been a personal support worker has helped me to do what i love.
helping people makes my day feels good, knowing that they are satisfied with my services.
Pros
great work hours
Excellent experience with autonomy mixing hospital care with community focus
Hospital Based Case Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Seven Oaks Hospital - Winnipeg11 July 2015
Working with a great team of home care coordinators to facilitate a safe discharge from the hospital into the home environment for a wide range of individuals. Working with those individuals and their families with a holistic approach to the health needs of the individual to ensure they can remain in their home for as long as they can. Daily work includes writing reports, reviewing client medical charts, working with other members of the health care team such as physicians, occupational therapists, physiotherapists, pharmacists, other nurses, unit and facility managers etc. Computer usage is essential with knowledge of word programs, specific programs related to home care, outlook email client, utilizing fax machines and printers. The hardest part of the job is trying to navigate through all of the various parts of the health care system and ensure that all the client needs are met in the best way possible, however this is also the most enjoyable part.
Pros
Monday to friday work schedule, autonomy in the workplace
Cons
less hours paid per day than regular manitoba Nurses union jobs

4.2