HOME Hardware Employee Reviews

Seasonal Staff
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  London, ON15 May 2017
This place isn't the best to work at. Typically they only will hire you for a couple months then fire you for no genuine reason. They use people for that time then cut them off. This is not the job for someone who is looking for a long term job.
Good people to work with
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Georgetown, ON12 May 2017
Not a place for your career but great for money and helpful employees. Learnt a lot about lumber and different tips a andtricks on how to do projects from different contractors
Great place to work but long hours and low wages
ACCOUNTS RECIEVABLE/OFFICE ADMINISTRATOR (Current Employee) –  Armstrong, BC12 May 2017
Overall this is a great place to work. The job, as it is, consists of answering an extreme number of phone calls in a day. The long hours are dictated by having to take a one hour lunch break.
Pros
Staff members are great to work with.
Cons
Long days
bad
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 May 2017
it was horrible working for this compony, it might of not even been the company it self, but the management, the story owner that made my time there so ban, I was not motivated, always put down when I made a mistake, or even when I didn't even do anything. the owner was to cheep to higher a cleaner to clean the store, so therefore I was always breathing in dust.
Good part time job
Customer service, and Yard Personel (Current Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB4 May 2017
This is an excellent place to work part time or if you are retired. Freindly co workers, and simple tasks. It is not a place to make a career though, i did enjoy my time there
Great managers and coworkers
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Sarnia, ON2 May 2017
I have the privilege of working with great managers and coworkers. It is a respectful atmosphere where everyone tries to help each other out. I would recommend this company for anyone looking for a job.
Old fashioned hardware store
Stock Associate (Current Employee) –  Okotoks, AB30 April 2017
Great staff and huge selection of products. Great service and knowledge of products offered. Open 7 days a week including most holidays. One really great hardware store.
Fair work with great leadership
Yardman (Former Employee) –  Terrace Bay, ON22 April 2017
Working at Home Hardware I was treated with respect and trained well to do the work that was required of me. This job was great to me and I have no issues with the management.
Pros
Forklift license
Cons
Poor weather
Productive and Fun
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Cobden, ON19 April 2017
Working at HOME Hardware was both productive and fun. Every one got done what needed to be done, but we also had fun while doing it. Especially the crafts
My kind of retail job.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Selwyn, ON7 April 2017
Unlike the department store retail environment, which was stressful and unfulfilling, Home Hardware was relaxing, with enough variability in the day-to-day to keep it from being boring. Most everyone was friendly, and there was always something to do in order to pass the time - dust off the home decor section, refill the cooler, help a customer bring their stuff to their car, etc.

Still, you could honestly tell the owner genuinely cared about the satisfaction of the customer. Also, the summer hot dog cart is awesome.
Pros
Friendly owner/staff, non-stressful environment
Cons
Wasn't on a bus route.
summer
Yard Attendant (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BC5 April 2017
worked there for a few months in the summer pretty decent job with alright pay for when i was in high school. lots of different jobs to do to keep you busy through out the day.
Great people and fun work
WAREHOUSE LABOURER (Former Employee) –  Fort St. John, BC4 April 2017
A day consists of morning stocking of larger items as well as daily safety checks of all equipment used, throughout the day you help customers with heavy items, receive shipments and more
Pros
great people
boring, but easy
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ON3 April 2017
It's pretty easy work, but can be boring during slow times. There's not too much to do...Stock shelves, clean, help customers and mostly stand around.
Decent place to work.
Driver, Labourer (Current Employee) –  Nelson, BC1 April 2017
Good place to work, but could use more in the pay scale department. The benefits and matched RRSP's are a big bonus though. Overall it is better than it isn't.
Daily Job Activities/Management and Workplace Environment
Stocer/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON29 March 2017
The procedure of work was that of assisting customers with merchandising help and stocking inventory on shelves while maintaining a organized product display. Management was very understanding and was very respectable when it came to work pace and overall led to a greater workplace culture with the other employees.
busy in the summer quiet in the off season
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Gravenhurst, ON29 March 2017
Working at the Home Hardware was okay in the summer months when it was very busy and catered to a tourist/cottager type of client. very quiet in the winter months and the owners were difficult to get along with.
Productive and life experiences
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 March 2017
This job has taught me a lot of life lessons in which can be useful in future career opportunities.
The enjoyable parts of the job is the staff I work with.
Pros
Great staff
Enjoyable
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Magnetawan, ON27 March 2017
Very efficient steady work, highly recommend for job type. But drama filled workplace, can be very stressful if you have difficulty with confrontation.
Welcoming environment, good people to work around.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Devon, AB20 March 2017
When I first started working here I was made to feel at home, and appreciated. The same could be said for when I left. The owner is very caring about all of the employees.
Pros
Hours on holidays reduced, getting holidays off.
Cons
Minimum wage
Great part-time job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kingsville, ON17 March 2017
This was a great part-time job for after school employment. The employer was very accommodating with my school schedule. A typical day consisted of using the point of sale, helping customers, and stocking shelves.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HOME Hardware. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval