HOME Hardware Employee Reviews

It was not that great
Yard Worker (Former Employee) –  Manning, AB15 November 2017
This was in my hometown, and I was making below minimum wage, while working really long hours, I was desperate for any work though so I had stuck it out just so that I could keep making my insurance payments.
Pros
Free lunch on Saturdays
Cons
Great salary, co-workers were nice
Cashier, Stock, Security (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB14 November 2017
Home Hardware payed a great amount for general work. My co-workers were incredibly nice and caring but management was a little sub par. They refused to get a security system and thus plucked one unlucky cashier per shift (usually me) to stand by the back door alone for 8 hours straight to check receipts and nothing else. It was winter up north and temperatures right next to the door often reached -30 degrees. This is what made me leave the job
Pros
great pay, great co-workers
Cons
awful management, long hours
Hard repetitive work.
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Witless Bay, NL14 November 2017
Everyday is the same task of hauling bags of insulation into a trailer and feeding it into a i that then grinds it up and lows it into the house. For someone who doesn't mind heavy lifting and forming patterns for work.
Pros
Nice co workers.
Cons
Long tiring hours
ups and downs
Contractor Sales (Former Employee) –  Fort St. John, BC10 November 2017
Had a wonderful team but in my own opinion upper management has gone a little haywire.

denied my one year raise for ridiculous reasons.

Hard to feel like a team when they pick favorites.

NOT WORTH THE DRAMA.
A good, reliable company
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Wetaskiwin, AB8 November 2017
I worked for Home Hardware at their Distribution Centre in Wetaskiwin, Alberta. I started as a high-school student working their 4-8:30 par time shift, a well paying job with very flexible hours. I stayed with the company for several years until graduation where I made a very generous wage for a days work.

The company as a whole was very good, while the work wasn't always the greatest the environment, the management, and the compensation made this a great place to work in the community.
Pros
Cheap, on site caffeteria, good wages, lots of optional overtime
Cons
Tedious work, repetitive, and sometimes quite heavy work.
Horrible management and ownership
Cashier/Store Clerk (Former Employee) –  Campbellford, ON2 November 2017
Treat employees horribly. Make promises at time of hire that are never intended to be kept. The staff are great but management doesn't care about anyone only the bottom line.
Pros
working staff
Cons
Very friendly staff and very welcoming management
Picker/receiver (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON27 October 2017
It was a great and welcoming environment for me. Great place to work. The hours were very well set as well as employees cooperation was very fluent and well appreciated
Pros
Great environment
Cons
None come to mind
Great place to work as far as retail goes
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Paris, ON22 October 2017
Fun place to work, great staff and management but compensation not the best. Good benefits but low wages, not enough money to support a family. Freedom to expand your horizons.
Pros
Set schedule and shifts
Cons
Not enough compensation to raise a family
Fun workplace
Health and Safety Admin/Safety Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Emerald Park, SK18 October 2017
The staff are incredibly friendly and always willing to lend a hand. Some finessing of store rules and policies would be beneficial, The work environment is essential to staff moral!
Pros
Flexible schedules
Cons
Pay could improve
productive work space
Danforth Ave - Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 October 2017
I found working for this company to be a real pain, I was giving one 8 hr shift a week vs the FT employment we originally agreed upon,
I learned about the products and got to work closely with customers to help build their dream homes.
Pros
great learning experiences and neighborhood
Cons
found I wasn't taken as seriously as I'd like to be

Want to know more about HOME Hardware?

Ask a question
Great camaraderie at this workplace.
Yard Worker and Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  North Bay, ON9 October 2017
I very much enjoyed working for Home Hardware. My employer was very family oriented and we worked great as a team. I really enjoyed making landscaping deliveries and meeting all kinds of people. I am a people person.
Pros
Variety of work each day.
My co workers
daily Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Okotoks, AB8 October 2017
Working at homehardware was a great place to work. I enjoyed my time because of the people i worked with they made the work place more relexing and fun.
Different every day
Customer Services Advisor (Current Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB7 October 2017
Always busy with many projects on the go. Many switches during the year. New customer experiences with different requests on building needs for the required jobs.
Beautiful store
shipper receiver (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster, AB6 October 2017
Working in shipping receiving I really enjoyed unpacking the product they ordered on their numerous trips out of country. A very original kind of store
Store Clerk (Former Employee) –  Cardston, AB1 October 2017
I loved working here. There is always a project or something to do. They really encourage you to do your best and help you to do so. The staff there are warming and great to work with.
its a good place to work
Stock Person (Current Employee) –  Whitehorse, YT22 September 2017
Started the day early and to my department and place baskets of product on the shelf. Management has always been helpful and guided me to make work easier. I worked in a cross cultural environment. My job was fun and i enjoyed working here
Working here does not meet my expectation for a long-term employment.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  North Vancouver, BC18 September 2017
No formal training program provided, and expect you to know everything in the store without asking themselves if they have provided such training.

I thought about the owner/s as nice people to work with. The only thing is that, they should nurture people and believe that - with proper training - it should be a win-win situation for them down the road and workers will work effectively and productively knowing that the management is behind them every step of the way.
Fun, but at times challenging
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ON16 September 2017
- I dealt with different accounts
- first time managing a staff
- had to learn about a field that I had no previous knowledge in before
- learned great customer service skills
- learned a great deal of problem-solving skills
- Great work environment
Home hardware review
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, ON12 September 2017
Home hardware was a great job as a student, the employee discount was very good. The employees were very friendly and open to new employees. Home hardware also greatly respects their regular customers as the customers do them.
Pros
Great management, friendly people
interesting place to work
Floor Sales (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB11 September 2017
helped customers solve their problems with plumbing and electrical situations
handled plumbing, electrical, general hardware, stocking of shelves,cleaning of displays and overall store cleanliness