HOME Hardware

HOME Hardware Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Head Cashier (Former Employee), Ayr ONAugust 13, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: long hours
Always a welcoming place to be. Fellow co workers got along great. Learned plenty of time management skills as well as getting the feel for what it is like to own a business and how to keep it afloat.
work summary
Customer Service - Hardware (Current Employee), London, OntarioJuly 24, 2014
I provide service for customers.
I stock merchandise.
I help my fellow employees.
home hardware work day
operator (Current Employee), Fort St John, BCJuly 20, 2014
Pros: good hours, good pay, home every night
a typical day for me at work changes everyday. some days all I do is build orders. other days all I do is unload trucks and put stock away. I like that there is a slight change from time to time.
great work family,
Stock Person (Former Employee), Okotoks, ABJune 20, 2014
Pros: the people i worked with
Cons: rude customers
management and co-workers were awesome. I never dreaded to go to work and give it my all everyday! the hardest part of the job was the rude customers while the most enjoyable part of my day was building BBQs, building lawnmowers, wheel barrels, ect.
good place to work
Shipping/Receivng (Current Employee), Fort McMurray, ABJune 18, 2014
monday unload the truck
tue-friday receive the truck and put on floor
Good managment and very orginized
Full time cashier (Former Employee), Claresholm, ABJune 8, 2014
Pros: very nice co-workers
Cons: having to leave to job
Home Hardware was one of the best jobs that I worked at that was hard to leave but I was moving to Calgary.
This was a contract position for WMS Project
User Acceptance Testing Lead (Current Employee), St. JacobsJune 7, 2014
Pros: na
Cons: na
I was hired to coordinate the UAT effort for WMS project. Deadlines were successfully met for project implementation.
Uplifting and fun atmosphere
Cashier (Former Employee), Georgetown, ONMay 30, 2014
Pros: positive environnement, multiple fundraisers
Cons: steel toe shoes
A typical day at work consisted of assisting customers at cash, putting away stock, cleaning the aisles and cash area, greeting customers, maintaining a clean and orderly work environment, and creating an enjoyable and friendly environment for customers.
I learned that hard work pays off and in order to the best job possible, it is crucial to create – more... a positive working environment. I enjoyed both my management and coworkers. They were all very flexible and great at providing assistance to me and others when needed. The hardest part of the job would most likely be dealing with technology issues, such as the computers freezing or failing to work which then would result in all orders being hand written and calculated. The most enjoyable part was meeting new people, whether that be customers or my coworkers, I enjoy spending time with other people and as a cashier I was able to do so. – less
Not fun
Shipper / Receiver (Former Employee), Goulds, NLMay 27, 2014
A very hard place to work for. The management did not take kindly to people that got sick.
Productive Workplace
Stocker/Floor Associate(co-op Placement) (Former Employee), Essex, ONMay 12, 2014
A Typical Day Working as a stocker/ sales associate at home harware consist of, stalking shelves, helping customers price and find things, printing price tags, price changes and pricing, keeping track of the stock, and taking old stalk down.
Productive and kind of fast paced.
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee), Fort McMurray, ABMay 12, 2014
Pros: decent hours. lockers. lunch room. two days off a week.
Cons: half hour lunches on weekends. randomly selected days off during the week, not set days. shift times vary.
In the morning when you start your shift, most people will arrive about fifteen minutes before shift starts. That gives you time to go back to your locker and get ready for the day. When you arrive on cash, you are expected to count your till, and be ready to start by the given time your shift begins. You serve customers with respect, and a huge smile – more... on your face. At the end of the day, you cash out and count your till. Then you're on your merry way.
While working at Home Hardware, I learned that "The customer is always right, even though they might be wrong." This means, you always try to keep the customer happy at all times. I also learnt how to file invoices properly, and the process of a return and a special order.
Overall, my management is pretty great. They all know how to have a good time, and they're not always serious. They are all pretty understanding when you need days off, or if you need something. However, everyone has their days and they're not always rainbows and sunshine.
My co-workers are amazing. They're really friendly, and they always make you feel welcome. They are also really patient and will help you whenever you need it, no matter how long you've been there. I love working with the people I work with, and they will never fail to be there to lend a hand.
I find the hardest part of my job is having to take responsibility for everybody's mistakes. When something goes wrong in any department of the store, I find the customer always comes back to you because you're the last person they seen before they left the store. Also, learning the process of return, special orders, and customer service weren't overly hard, just intimidating with the amount of things you have to remember on a day to day basis.
In my opinion the most enjoyable part of my job would definitely have to be the experience, working with the public, and the people I work with. On cash you get to serve many people of different countries, provinces, cities, religions and cultures. You get to actually communicate and talk with them for a little bit, and it's a great experience. Also, the staff I work with helps a lot. They try and make sure if you're having a bad day, that your bad day won't last for long. They're always there if you need a friend, or a cheering up. – less
Fun creative retail environment
Department Head (Current Employee), Airdrie, ABMay 10, 2014
Of all the retail jobs I've had, this is the best. Very fun and relaxed environment. Owner allow a lot of freedom within your department and trust your judgement. Order own stock, merchandise as you see fit. lots of opportunity to try new things.
Productive, Learning and soloving problems
Paint Department Manager (Former Employee), Campbellford, ONMay 7, 2014
Pros: bonuses
Cons: nothing
I would track inventory, keep shelves stocked, set up displays for visual appearance of the store. Mix paint and assist customers in Interior or Exterior needs that was suited best for their project. I learned to price match, Cashier duties, Inventory (shipping and receiving) mix paint, set up shelving to a grid sheet, stocking shelves, event planning, – more... and gardening issues. co-workers were very helpful and always assisting each other out. Hardest part was not always having what the customer required. I enjoyed the team environment and working with the public. – less
Productive and effective family run buisness
Sales Clerk (Former Employee), Aurora, ONApril 22, 2014
- Aided customers and helped locate products
- cleaned isles
- gave customers information on products
Accounts department
Accounts Receivable (Former Employee), Whitehorse, YTApril 19, 2014
Pros: received discount
Cons: poor salary
Accounts receivable - received, checked and entered goods on the computer.
physical but easy work
lumber yard (Former Employee), Georgetown, ONApril 11, 2014
you need basic knowledge to work the lumber yard
management is helpful
most of the employees are really hard working good people
it helped prepare me to get into the carpentry field while i was in school
A nice place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Sidney, BCMarch 23, 2014
Pros: the staff discount on products in the store, my hours are great
Cons: hours when you first start can be all over the place
I have enjoyed working here very much but I have no place for advancement as there are enough managers right now.
My typical day starts at 7|30 am and ends at 4 pm.
I get the store ready for the day by cleaning the bathrooms and doing the morning deposit counting the tills.
I then work the cash desk from 8 am till 9 when the daytime cashier starts.
I – more... like all my co-workers. I have learned patience especially living here with our demographics.
The best part and the hardest part of my job would have to be dealing with the customers most of them are a great joy to deal with but some can be difficult. – less
Great workplace with new things learnt everyday
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee), Oshawa, ONMarch 23, 2014
Pros: great environment, amazing management and great co workers!
Cons: long hours, long commute
I started working last December and it was magnificent. It was very busy during December, I remember when I first started working it was very busy. Many people came for looking for gifts and for their personal use. It was great to learn about what certain hardware parts are used for and it was very interesting. It was a smaller store compared to other – more... home hardwares which made it a lot easier for me to give better customer care. My typical work day was opening the store with another one of my co workers, bringing out certain products for outside store display, counting the cash in the tills before beginning the day (to make sure the cash matches last night cash count), kept myself busy even during times weren't busy such as moving products to the front, cleaning shelves, taking out old products and putting up new products, heavy lifting when delivery truck comes, etc. The management was great and we had a small staff. Including me and four other employees were the only actual employees. It was a very amazing experience with co workers and also having one on one communication with fellow customers. I loved the job! – less
The people make the difference.
Working the Customer Service (Current Employee), Loch Lomond Saint JohnMarch 3, 2014
Pros: not much supervision, friendly people, very understanding of other commitments.
Cons: pay
I have worked part time and full time at a Home Hardware location. The salary isn't great and you don't save much on some products. However job security is through the roof management is great and are not always out to get you. It's a very relaxed work environment and doesn't make it feel like a job sometimes. Working hard isn't enough at Home Hardware – more... you have to be fun and know who to kiss up to. – less
Friendly work enviorment
material handler (Former Employee), wetaskiwin, abFebruary 26, 2014
Sign in at 7, prepared your cart, picked and packed orders while checking off your pick list.

1 2 3 4 5