HOME Hardware

HOME Hardware Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
home hardware
Shelf Stocker (Former Employee), Lac La Biche, ABJuly 27, 2015
Pros: money
Cons: not enough money
the work is too boring standing for long periods of time but the management is nice ....................................................................
Productive and proactive work environment.
Merchandiser (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJune 18, 2015
Pros: Advancement in machinery skills
Cons: Long hours
Very welcoming staff, very hands on job, very nice community. The plaza has a lot of stores so you have a lot of places to eat lunch, and you have a flexible lunch time.
Home Hardware Administration
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Moncton, NBJune 11, 2015
Home Hardware was a wonderful company to do my college On the Job Training. They were very accommodating to the needs of my course.
Very enjoyable place to work with good management and co-workers
Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee), Oromocto, NBMay 21, 2015
Pros: Good hours, Monday to Friday job, Allowed to work fairly independantly, very good co-workers and store managers.
Cons: Very understaffed and very low pay with not much chance for any advancement.
As the warehouse manager my typical day included getting to work before anybody else to open, unlock the doors and gates, inspect and start all 3 delivery trucks and both forklifts. I'd then go over the schedule for all outgoing delivery's for the day and ensure they have been picked and are ready to go. Throughout the day I would ensure the safe unloading of all incoming delivery trucks, completion – more... of all receipts using the online tools, preparation of upcoming delivery's for later in the day or later in the week, and overall safe operations of all warehouse activities. I learned that the key to enjoying your job is to have a really good working relationship with your fellow co-workers. If the camaraderie is good it makes the work day very enjoyable. The management was really good, and very approachable, and my co-workers were very easy to work with. The hardest part of my job was being understaffed. As the warehouse manager, continually losing the few yard staff I did have to other priorities within the main store which, in the end, left me with no yard staff and lots of work to get done. The most enjoyable part was definitely the people I worked with and the overall flow to working outside with the constant action of outgoing and incoming trucks. – less
awesome place to work
Associate (Former Employee), Parksville, BCMay 12, 2015
Cons: not enough time to finish training videos.
There was nothing typical about a day at this store. It is one of the most fun, happy and enjoyable places I have ever worked. The management are the most caring I have ever had. The co-workers all worked together as a well oiled machine and helped each other without question. The hardest thing about this job was leaving.
Productive and fun place to work
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee), Coldwater, ONApril 29, 2015
A typical day at work started with working on cash. I learned many things how to work with customers appropriately. My co workers were wonderful always helping me out when needed. The hardest part was dealing with difficult customers. The most enjoyable part of the job was making the customers happy everyday.
Fun place to work
Front End Supervisor (Former Employee), Brandon, MBApril 21, 2015
Pros: employee discounts
Cons: low pay
Great company, family owned and operated, loots of work, keeps you busy days go by fast. They were like a second family and I enjoyed going there every day.
good guys work there
home hardware (Former Employee), Saint John, NBMarch 29, 2015
Pros: talk and meet new people
Cons: some people that work there
its all good to work there besides the part of feeling a part of the team. the "new guy" is awayls the one to do the work well everyone else does what they want.
Better communication with management and lower employees.
Senior Sales Associate (Current Employee), Waterloo, ONMarch 22, 2015
Pros: very generous and fair with breaks.
Cons: need better hours for student workers.
I think that opinions and ideas of the lower employees should be taken into account as we are more often than not, the ones completing small tasks.
Fun work enviornment and easy people to work with
cashier (Former Employee), Vegreville ABMarch 15, 2015
its not about where your working but how your going to let that work environment impact you either in a negative way or a positive way. Home Hardware was and still is family helping families find what they need for there home
Excellent work place!
senior student (Former Employee), new street and applebyMarch 13, 2015
Pros: everything
Cons: .
Amazing place to work and gain experience.................................................................................
I really enjoyed assisting my customers.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), LeamingtonMarch 4, 2015
Cons: not enough hours and no benefits
When I was there it was great to interact with the customers and assist them with their needs. Unfortunately there was low moral.
Enjoyable
Cashier (Former Employee), Redwater, ABFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: nice pay
I enjoyed working at Home Hardware. I was known to be one of the best customer service representatives. The boss was nice and so was the supervisor.
home hardware
striker (Former Employee), Moncton Area, NBJanuary 29, 2015
how to haul drywall at a fast paste use to heavy lifting know how to run forklift hard job to keep this time of year due to shortage of work
some nice people work there
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Selkirk, MBJanuary 19, 2015
i loved most the people i worked with but there is a lack of communication between employees and employers
productive palce to work
Sales associate (Former Employee), alconaDecember 16, 2014
lots of learning experiences at this location, lifetime of knowledge
Great work environment
Salesperson/Lumber Yard Labourer (Former Employee), New Waterford, NSNovember 30, 2014
Pros: always a fun time at work.
Cons: have nothing bad to say/
Worked hard got everything done on time
learned how to work as a team and new skills everyday
management was always helpful
co-workers became some of my best friends today
hardest part of the days was busy and warm days mixed
the great people ive met threw my jobs was the most enjoyable part of working.
independently owned company with centralized decision making
Sales Consultant (Current Employee), Lloydminster, ABNovember 17, 2014
Pros: good people to work with
Cons: flaws in decision making
A good place to start your career but hindered growth because of highly experienced people on all departments
Wonderful environement
Floor Person (Former Employee), Rocky Mountain House abNovember 8, 2014
Pros: good hours
Cons: salary was low
Work on the floor helping people find what they need
Work on the floor putting thing away
cashier
organizing
Awesome company with great co-workers.
Shipper (Former Employee), Wetaskiwin, ABNovember 7, 2014
Pros: good work environment and awesome co-workers.
Cons: 5 year night shift and the pay maxed out at $19.00 per hour.
My night shift was a lot of organizing product for orders from stores and loading up my truck.
I learned the ins and outs of shipping and receiving, material handling, and safely operating all types of fork lifts and lift trucks.
Management of time and energy was satisfactory thru out my shift.
I got along with all my co-workers, great bunch of people.
Hardest part of my job was the final hour, 7 am and exhausted.
The most enjoyable part was the bond of friendship we all had in the shipping department while we worked, laughing and joking to keep our spirits up.

1 2 3 4 5