HOME Hardware Employee Reviews

Great employees, but too many.
Stocking, Cashier (Current Employee) –  Kapuskasing, ONSeptember 14, 2016
The staff is really nice and the hours are great. All though with so many employees their isn't anything to do, and I personally found it uninteresting.
Pros
Great hours.
Cons
To much employees.
It's been good
Full time work (Retail / Assembly / Stock) (Current Employee) –  Minden, ONSeptember 1, 2016
The pay isn't amazing, there's no benefits offered and really no monetary compensation for drastic increase of responsibility. A typical day would go quite well, helping customers, ordering replacement parts for customers' BBQs, stock replenishment, and helping other departments if they need because seasonal sometimes is a ghost town. It has been a good summer placement that has rolled into the beginning of fall, the management is very pleased with the work ethic I possess and they constantly have been asking me to stay as there is not much staffing available in the small town that I had worked in. The hardest part of the job would have been assembling a gazebo for a full day, and then half a week later having to take it down because it sold instantly. The most enjoyable part would be the really nice hefty discount I received 3 months into working.
Good friendly workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Newcastle, ONAugust 22, 2016
-a typical day at work would be running cash, helping customers, mixing paint and putting returns away.
- i learned how to mix paint and know more about paint.
-management could of been a lot better in my eyes.
-co-workers were great to work with at times.
-hardest part of the job was multitasking.
-most enjoyable would be helping and interacting with the customers
Pros
mixing paint and building products
Cons
dealing with moody customers
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Port Colborne, ONAugust 8, 2016
Great place to work. Great team players and management. Hours were great but not enough time off and little pay.
Pros
Great managment
Cons
Poor pay
Enjoyable
Sales Clerk, Floor Manager (Current Employee) –  Melville, SKAugust 5, 2016
I answer phones, mixing paint, merchandising, helping customers, etc is my usual day. And well i always learn something new from big to small and i hope i always do.
I get along with my co-workers and management its like a extended family and yes we get annoyed with each other but that how family works. The hardest part of my job now is lifting heavy things funny how you take advantage of yourself till you lose part of it and thats one. And well work would be fun without your customers that make it interesting everyday. Love coming to work and you can have so much fun with them as it is visa versa and is prob a good reason people come back because your helping them being friendly and joking all at the same time.
casual job with excellent learning environment
Cashier and CSR (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 19, 2016
slows days, rush and busy ones, you learn every day something new
about renovation and basic maintenance
Pros
learnig about contrction and daly solve problems
Cons
slow days and bore
Not a very 'homey' home hardware
a little bit of everything (Former Employee) –  Lively, ONJuly 12, 2016
I was super-excited to start working at a home hardware because I've always liked the idea of working in smaller stores where everyone seemed to enjoy being part of the Home Hardware family.

Signed on with a good job description until it all started falling away...
Things were being changed without my input and when I would speak up, I was pretty much told where the door was...then I realized that some very loyal staff members were also being treated unfairly.
The only family this management cares for, is their own and their favourites.What a shame!
Pros
Some really awesome co-workers and customers
Cons
Micro-managing, disrespectful treatment by management, no breaks, favouritism, deceit, pretense, sarcasm, unprofessionalism, not allowed to interact with other co-workers...
Work environment is good
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONJuly 10, 2016
Job is good, co-workers are team players and friendly. Boss is awesome, work culture make sense and the pay is okay, it's minimum government pay. The location is just in a weird location , so it's not always busy.
nice place to work
Customer service Representative (Former Employee) –  St. Paul, ABJuly 7, 2016
I loved working here. it was a great job I only had a problem with the pay but that was mainly due to the economy. very friendly people there, i will have no problems going back and getting stuff.
Pros
staff discount
Cons
bare minium staff
amazing management
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Hinton, ABJuly 4, 2016
I learned how to do special orders, returns and got to know customers by name. the managers were great, also my fellow employees were extremely polite and helpful.
good working environment
Garden Center Helper (Current Employee) –  Lloydminster, ABJune 28, 2016
i was assigned in the vegetables are, though i don't eat veggies but i love to take care of them by watering them and displaying them. i worked directly with the owner and she was contented with my work.
Cons
no benefits
Good starter job for student
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ONJune 12, 2016
great workplace to start working as a student the staff is really friendly, you learn a lot about building materials and lots of physical labour.
small business with great atmosphere
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Hornepayne, ONJune 8, 2016
i worked 8 hour shifts with great management and coworkers. learned i good amount about hardware, plumbing, and electrical work. the job was pretty easy and fun.
Pros
hour lunches
You've got to love hardware...
Sales Asssociate (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ONJune 7, 2016
A very pleasant place to work. Hours were reasonable. Management is very approachable and works hard to make life/job balance work.
secure
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ONMay 30, 2016
it gave me the opportunity to be there for my family and provide for their needs. I enjoy time serving repeat customers.
Good hours.. friendly staff
Great job for while i was in highschool
Yard Laborer (Former Employee) –  Owen Sound, ONMay 27, 2016
I was happy to work this position during highschool. not a career i would like to be in for the rest of my life but was great for the time i was there.
Decent
Pet Dept. Employee (Former Employee) –  Stettler, ABMay 26, 2016
I worked in a very specific department that they dont have in other Home Hardwares so, I cant really comment on much. The store owners vary from store to store, so thats something.
Awesome store!
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Stratford, ONMay 25, 2016
Never once complained to anyone about waking up and going into work everyday.

I highly enjoy working here with my other co-workers.
Terrible management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Wabamun, ABMay 25, 2016
a day at work would start out with my lazy self righteous boss complaining at me bacause my manager would throw the trash from her office right in the middle of the storage area every night before she left and would leave the lights on as well. the scheduling was very poor and the boss gave me next to no shifts sometimes for over a week. the organization was minimal making trying to stock shelves incredibly difficult. overall it was a terrrible place to work
Pros
there are none
very productive
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Innisfil, ONMay 12, 2016
A typical day at home hardware was what i did everyday and that was stocking shelves, promoting product and helping customers. the co workers there were very humble and enjoyable to be around.