HOME Hardware Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
very productive
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Innisfil, ONMay 12, 2016
A typical day at home hardware was what i did everyday and that was stocking shelves, promoting product and helping customers. the co workers there were very humble and enjoyable to be around.
mostly cleaning
laborer (Former Employee), Guelph, ONMay 9, 2016
Pros: outside
Cons: outside in winter
work at home hardware was easy. the only real challenge was lift 3/4 10 foot long drywall into mini vans. work environment was nice and with off and on customer rushes you had time to keep the yard clean. Co-workers were very nice and helped out when ever needed. scheduling was a little messy when a new employee joined the team but still good.
They call me 'The Paint Lady'
Store Associate (Current Employee), Leamington, ONMarch 31, 2016
Pros: Family owned business
Cons: Family owned business
This is a nice place to work. It can be difficult as my job is helping people solve problems, but I enjoy it. The reason I am leaving is I plan to move to London, ON soon.
excellent work place
Customer service representative (Former Employee), Témiscaming, QCMarch 25, 2016
-work at cash
-teach customers about various products and help them locate desired products
-excellent management and co workers, very friendly and kind
-lots of various products
Great work enviroment
Cashier (Former Employee), Thessalon, ONMarch 1, 2016
Was never a dull moment working there. I loved my coworkers and got good hours, was sad to have to leave. I worked Saturdays during the school year and full-time during the summer. They were very accommodating.
Ok
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Kitchener, ONFebruary 24, 2016
Pros: Amazing management
Cons: Difficult to remember all the codes for screws & such
Home Hardware was fun, and very easy. I enjoyed the staff mostly, and the customers were usually very kind. The management was great, there was always scheduled break times, and pay was always correct, never had administrative issues. The staff was treated fairly, which is very important. The managers always helped the staff instead of making them feel 'small' for not knowing something.
shelf stalker
quincallerie (Former Employee), Rawdon, QCFebruary 8, 2016
not much to say about this job it was fun some days and its also complicated when u can't find where something goes, the boss is a nice guy, its fun serving people and helping them find the things they need
Productive fun work environment with an amazing team
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee), Vegreville, ABFebruary 1, 2016
Pros: Everything
Cons: No cons
Loved everything about this job I was so sad to leave it. Fun creative workplace with amazing staff and the job feels more like a family than work
A pleasant work place with good customer relations as well as being part of the team.
Cashier (Former Employee), Valemount, BCJanuary 26, 2016
Pros: always learning new things
Cons: none
Stocking shelves
Helping customers
computer till system
I learned so many new things about hardware, lumber types, as well as paint,flooring and industrial needs.
I found management always willing to teach to allow employees to expand. My co-workers and myself shared duties we worked as a team very well together.
Paint tinting was the most challenging for me but management was patient and very helpful with this.I soon became confident and did the job very well.
The most enjoyable part of this job was my customer relations.
Just a job to fill in time not a good place to work at all no support for staff at all.
Counter Sales Customer Service (Former Employee), West KelownaJanuary 20, 2016
Pros: none
Cons: no raises as prommised at start date.
No support from the management. Very slow to respond to staff inquirers or to help staff with items that should be addressed.
Amazing people, good hours, good training, a truly happy place to work.
Full-time Labourer (Former Employee), Picton, ONJanuary 15, 2016
I loved my time at Home Hardware they treated me with much respect and gave me amazing skill learning opportunities. I felt I grew as a person working there. I learned more than I expected from housewares to cabinetry and flooring, plumbing and masonry work and general tools, even painting and outdoor works. team skills, organization, salesmanship and how to have fun in a serious way, but still get things done properly and safely while being happy was the daily routine. I met some truly awesome people and I appreciated every day I went to work there.
Very busy place to work...
Clerk (Current Employee), Moncton, NBJanuary 13, 2016
Pros: Only 1/2 hour lunch
Cons: 9.5 hours on saturdays
I work at Home Hardware but at the Postal Outlet as a clerk. A very busy work environment that takes a lot of patience. The customers love our customer service and we are the top customer service in all Moncton and Dieppe.
volunteer work
CASHIER (Current Employee), Okotoks, ABJanuary 12, 2016
volunteered with children of all ages, while maintaing a fun atmosphere and presenting myself as mature and dependable
good place to work always somthing to do
YARD WORKER (Former Employee), Keremeos, BCJanuary 10, 2016
help customers pick and load lumber and other products they purchased. clean and maintain outside yard organize and put away revived products unload trucks delivering lumber also loading truck for deliveries
enjoyed working with all co-workers . owner not so much no people skills ,always insulting and degrading his employees. enjoyed working out doors and helping the customers
Very good place to work
Senior Mechanical Engineer (Current Employee), Selkirk, MBDecember 30, 2015
Pros: Occasional free meals
Cons: None
Stay busy helping customers find solutions to plumbing and HVAC projects they are doing and ensuring products are located and faced properly.
Fun workplace with friendly co-workers
Cashier / Deliveries (Former Employee), Magnetawan, ONDecember 17, 2015
Pros: friendly work environment
Home hardware was an inviting workplace with plenty of opportunity. I learned how to work a cash register, take inventory, and load and unload trucks. The manager was fair with hours and scheduling. All of my co-workers were friendly and contributed to a safe and pleasurable work environment. The hardest part of the job yet most rewarding was delivering building supplies. I enjoyed meeting new people. Overall a great place to work.
Productive, learning, work environment with great employees.
Customer Service (Current Employee), Hamilton, ONDecember 10, 2015
Pros: The hours aren't late
Cons: Few employees
Wonderful work place with supportive co-workers. We work together to provide our customers with the best shopping experience. With a store stocked with many different products, you learn so many new things.
Easy work hindered by messy problem solving and terrible social dynamics
Cashier (Former Employee), Castlegar, BCNovember 29, 2015
Pros: Excellent customer relations, pleasant to work the register
Cons: Bad management, unbalanced workloads
An example of a small store where many tasks may be the responsibility of many employees, e.g. "everyone does a little of everything." Work was initially pleasant but eventually a bad workplace culture and muddled management became too much of a hindrance.
Great company with many great employees
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 23, 2015
A great place to gain to knowledge of various useful products.
Wonderful support from employees with plenty of options to grow.
a typical work day
Computer Operator (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABNovember 20, 2015
Pros: huge computer room on top floor of office building
Cons: night shift operated by single operator
head office in Toronto sends Database updates.
all databases updated
local warehouse requires current printed inventory list
orders for Canada wide stores processed, orders printed
orders sorted and dispersed to staff.
after all reports printed, databases are securely
backed up.