HOME Hardware Employee Reviews

n/a
Contractor Sales (Former Employee) –  camrose16 December 2016
not applicable. i can only comment on the individual store, and not the company as a whole. i enjoyed working with my immediate supervisors and management.
Nice place to work if the boss isn't in a bad mood
Stock Person and yard hand (Former Employee) –  Sundre, AB14 December 2016
8 hour days, pay you less than what your worth it feels some time, I worked inside the store, knew how to be a cashier, I knew where just about everything was in the store, I could help a costumer in a couple minutes if homeward ware had it in stock, I knew how to receive product and how to put it in the computer system, and I knew where just about everything was in the yard and was payed a little bit over minimum wage, but the people that work there are very good people
Pros
Not a thing except free lunch on Saturdays and ram benifits, which are very limited
Cons
They don't care if someone in your family is dying, they expect you to be in a good mood and at work
low salary with no benefits
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster, AB7 December 2016
same with wok2go, they don't offer benefits with seasonal employers. and if its not busy anymore, they will just tell you to go home or someone will just call you early in the morning that you don't need to go to work anymore and it will be your last working day.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Claresholm, AB6 December 2016
Very friendly co-workers. Great hours and great management. Very understanding and accommodating. Cannot complain about anything........................................
Pros
good working hours
Productive workplace
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  St. Jacobs, ON5 December 2016
Overall a really good place to work. Warehouse work is slightly repetitive but a great workout physically and the constant order picking makes the shift go by quickly. You learn how to pay attention to detail as the orders need to be picked exactly as they are written down. Co-workers are very friendly and really helpful if you need assistance with anything. The hardest thing about his position would probably be the fact that it is hard to stay awake some nights (this is night shift) if you don't get proper sleep during the day or can't work out a good sleep schedule while off of work.
Pros
Cafeteria food is not expensive
Cons
Night shift is hard to get through sometimes
productive work place with hands on training
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON30 November 2016
Worked in warehouse environment. Worked with heavy materials and stocks, constantly resupplying and refreshing displayed product and warehouse duties. Cleaning, maintenance of working area required. Management was not ideal, but I had an influential team leader in my department. I enjoyed the fast paced work style, and learned a lot from my experienced mentors and was able to develop my working ethical drive. The hardest part of the job was unreliable information regarding shift time management, and there was no room for me to grow as an employee. I learned more about the employment environment and about how to succeed in a hard working company. It is here, that
I developed my skillset.
Pros
New experiences, diverse opportunities and good trainers and mentors
Cons
Unreliable hours, and no room for imporvment
very good place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Cochrane, AB27 November 2016
very good place to work. I learned a lot from them. The hardest part of the job would be the buisyness of the store. it was healy sometimes but i actually actually rrally enjoyed working there.
Good company to work for
Inventory Analyst (Former Employee) –  St. Jacobs, ON24 November 2016
Home Hardware is a great Canadian company to work for, has a good corporate structure and management

Not as much opportunity to move up.
Productive fun work place, great atmosphere
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Kamloops, BC15 November 2016
Friendly atmosphere
The products sold are fabulous, each department has a nice friendly face you can approach and ask questions. Always a willingness to help.
The customers who come in are nice and super friendly.
I just enjoy every thing about it.
Pros
3 breaks during the day
Cons
not enough staff
good customer service
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Havelock, ON12 November 2016
company was okay to work for. Downfalls were not receiving raises without asking and felt not comparible to performance. never knew schedule too far ahead of time although they would give you time off when asked
Good retail job
Paint Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fort St. John, BC10 November 2016
The store was usually busy enough to always have something to do. When it wasnt busy there was other stuff to catch up on as well. The staff were very friendly.
Company is now Closed
Shipper/Receiver (Current Employee) –  Kindersley, SK30 October 2016
Due to disagreements with partner's this company has been closed. Enjoyed being self-employed. I learned a lot about myself and how to think before reacting in a situation.
fast paced, fun and energetic coworkers
Cashier and Paint department (Former Employee) –  Blind River, ON20 October 2016
Typical day at work i go in and work at the paint desk and help customers with their paint or i work at the cash. My bosses were impressed how quickly i work.
Pros
fun, energetic group, hardworking, friday BBQ
Cons
always changes in the schedule and forget about workers breaks sometimes
Warehouse Picker (Former Employee) –  St. Jacobs, ON19 October 2016
Good place to work with some really great people. It is a fast paced job with attention to details. Accuracy is very important to keep store shelves stocked and customers happy. You must pack product well to ensure they arrive at the stores undamaged by shipping or handling. Labeling boxes correctly to ensure they are sent to right store location.
Pros
Good benifits
Cons
11 shift when working afternoons for make up on fri. shift
Overall review of Home Hardware
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Wetaskiwin, AB17 October 2016
I enjoyed working at Home Hardware, but unfortunately, it was not for very long due to term work.
The people there seemed nice. The atmosphere was pleasant.
Pros
Hours were good. Lots of overtime.
Cons
No benefits because of term work.
fun and fast paced environment with good people
Stock/labour (Former Employee) –  Fernie, BC14 October 2016
would go to work clock in and then make my way to the warehouse and unpack anything off of the truck that came in. Then would proceed and put everything that needs to stocked into a cart and go around and put things in there correct place.
Pros
breaks
average employment
Cashier/ Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Milverton, ON9 October 2016
great introductory job, staff was helpful with helping me learn their systems as well as including me meetings. I was able to take my experience and apply it with other jobs and scenarios
Pros
great atmoshere
Cons
short hours
Great Job!
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Prince Rupert, BC5 October 2016
My overall experience working at Home Hardware in Prince Rupert was great! The management was usually fair when it came to most things and were good at giving requested time off given you gave them proper notice! The store itself was always well kept and clean.
Great employees, but too many.
Stocking, Cashier (Current Employee) –  Kapuskasing, ON14 September 2016
The staff is really nice and the hours are great. All though with so many employees their isn't anything to do, and I personally found it uninteresting.
Pros
Great hours.
Cons
To much employees.
productive work enviroment
Shipper/Receiver (Former Employee) –  Lindsay, ON9 September 2016
great environment to work in, very friendly staff. ron was a great boss to work for and benefits were great. Christmas parties were allways a fun time with the others
Pros
friday barbeques