HOME Hardware Employee Reviews

Customer Service
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 July 2017
Great place to work part-time, good discount for employee but hourly pay very low. It be difficult to support yourself on the rate of pay that a store pays their employee's no benefits.
Fun Place to work
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  London, ON24 June 2017
Overall a good experience. Management was efficient and was always able to diffuse any situation happening in store. Co-workers were fun to be around, hours were fair.
The work was good..hard on the feet & back sometimes, but I enjoyed it
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Wetaskiwin, AB21 June 2017
Good place to work...steady income that was pretty good pay. Depending what area you worked, could be lots of lifting, bending, and tough on the feet, could be lots of walking too. pretty good management...I enjoyed the work there, away from my previous career. But I did wonder how I was going to do the job when I got older, considering the area I was working in. I felt pressured to get my amount of "lines/day" in, others seemed to do it easier...that was just a perception.It was a good experience.
Welcoming, task oriented work.
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Delta, BC12 June 2017
Typical day at works includes stock for a couple hours then the rest of the day I will be on cash, processing orders, paying off accounts and assisting customers to find products and promotions. Processing payments through accounts as well as working more in depth with the Point of Sale system similar to the one I used at McDonalds for 3 years. Memorizing codes and stock are the hardest parts of the job. I am always learning new things. Most enjoyable part is the interactions with the customers most of them being locals, whom you get to know after being there for awhile and being able to have genuine conversations.
Pros
Comfortable and friendly atmosphere
Cons
Steady paced job
Small Busines, Big Box issue's
Administration Assistant (Former Employee) –  private location10 June 2017
I did learn valuable AR skills.My immediate mentor is an amazing person and went the extra mile to coach me and include me in day to day operations. I did not enjoy answering telephones and paging associates.
Was a fun family orientated business
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Canmore, AB10 June 2017
My time at home hard was very enjoyable I learned many new skills that allowed me to help are costomers we where a small privately owned home hardware so we where more like a family we helped each other when need so you had to have basic knowledge of all departments to inser that you could help the costomers
Pros
Flexable hours
Good working area
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Devon, AB5 June 2017
I did enjoy the company of my fellow employees, they were all very welcoming and nice people ! I didn't how ever enjoy the fact that I wasn't given a longer chance.
Pros
Good break hours/working hours
Cons
Not getting a fair chance
Great place to find a part-time job
Paint Consultant/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB5 June 2017
They were understanding, and easy to work with, and everyone was very helpful, especially when first starting out.

There was never an issue with asking and receiving time off.
Enjoyable workplace
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Marmora, ON2 June 2017
had a good time everyone was open and helpful.
management was helpful when needing time off.
coworkers were nice and helped with personal decisions outside f work
Great place to learn new things for the workforce
Yard Labourer (Former Employee) –  Meadow Lake, SK1 June 2017
I learned to pick orders for deliveries and also did some myself, learned to operate machinery like forklifts, loaders, mini track hoe. I enjoyed the summer hours alot cause i was busy and got some overtime to finish uncompleted work. I was thrown into the shark tank and had to learn things quite quickly but all in all its a good first gig to learn the dangers of working with others
Pros
no work on sundays
Cons
slow during the winter months

Want to know more about HOME Hardware?

Ask a question
I loved working for Home Hardware, I would still be there if I didn't move away.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Haliburton, ON31 May 2017
-Great place to work
-Helpful staff
-Amazing boss
-Always something to do, and I was trusted to do it the way I felt was good for the store
-Great discount
-It felt like a big family
staff culture is terrible and gossipy
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Campbell River, BC24 May 2017
staff on the floor are wonderful to customers as noted by the people of Campbell river, but they are stressed out all the time and fairly unfriendly to each other.
Pros
no late shift only open till 6pm
Cons
no room for advancement, unavailable management
Seasonal Staff
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  London, ON15 May 2017
This place isn't the best to work at. Typically they only will hire you for a couple months then fire you for no genuine reason. They use people for that time then cut them off. This is not the job for someone who is looking for a long term job.
Good people to work with
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Georgetown, ON12 May 2017
Not a place for your career but great for money and helpful employees. Learnt a lot about lumber and different tips a andtricks on how to do projects from different contractors
Great place to work but long hours and low wages
ACCOUNTS RECIEVABLE/OFFICE ADMINISTRATOR (Current Employee) –  Armstrong, BC12 May 2017
Overall this is a great place to work. The job, as it is, consists of answering an extreme number of phone calls in a day. The long hours are dictated by having to take a one hour lunch break.
Pros
Staff members are great to work with.
Cons
Long days
bad
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 May 2017
it was horrible working for this compony, it might of not even been the company it self, but the management, the story owner that made my time there so ban, I was not motivated, always put down when I made a mistake, or even when I didn't even do anything. the owner was to cheep to higher a cleaner to clean the store, so therefore I was always breathing in dust.
Good part time job
Customer service, and Yard Personel (Current Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB4 May 2017
This is an excellent place to work part time or if you are retired. Freindly co workers, and simple tasks. It is not a place to make a career though, i did enjoy my time there
Great managers and coworkers
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Sarnia, ON2 May 2017
I have the privilege of working with great managers and coworkers. It is a respectful atmosphere where everyone tries to help each other out. I would recommend this company for anyone looking for a job.
Old fashioned hardware store
Stock Associate (Current Employee) –  Okotoks, AB30 April 2017
Great staff and huge selection of products. Great service and knowledge of products offered. Open 7 days a week including most holidays. One really great hardware store.
Fair work with great leadership
Yardman (Former Employee) –  Terrace Bay, ON22 April 2017
Working at Home Hardware I was treated with respect and trained well to do the work that was required of me. This job was great to me and I have no issues with the management.
Pros
Forklift license
Cons
Poor weather