HOME HARDWARE BUILDING CENTER

HOME HARDWARE BUILDING CENTER Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Unsafe work environment, good hours
Cashier, Floor Support (Former Employee), Olds, AlbertaOctober 11, 2013
The hours were suitable for my daily life but the people and environment were sub-par.
There were a few coworkers that I did not see eye to eye with, one in particular who I found was very rude to not only myself but customers as well.
I enjoyed my position.
Professional Driver (Former Employee), Victoria, BCJuly 19, 2012
My position with Home Hardware was to deliver product to construction sites throughout Vancouver Island. As a professional driver I worked closely with management and with contractors to ensure that the product was delivered safely and intact.
An enjoyable friendly work place
Cashier (Former Employee), Grand Bend Ontario, CanadaJuly 6, 2012
Pros: we always got good discounts at hh and free lunches during inventory
Cons: there are really no cons with this company
My typical day would consist depending on the store of balancing my cash drawer, and opening the till. After that help customers.
If I was at HHPlaza West, I would stock shelves, mix paint, place orders and sometimes help with cash.
My co-workers were always friendly and quick to offer advice to customers along with a friendly smile.
There really are – more... no hard jobs at HHBC, but at HHPlaza West the only one would be lifting a 5 gallon container of paint to tint.
The most enjoyable part of the job, was when customers came back and told me how happy they were with the colour and recommended me to friends.
At GGBC the most enjoyable part was the customers, some waited for the line to go down to tell me a joke or hear one from me. I was the favourite of alot of people. I was always ready with a smile. – less
I enjoyed my time with Home Hardware
Cashier (Former Employee), Grand Bend Ontario, CanadaJuly 6, 2012
Pros: we got some good discounts on products, and paid lunches at inventory.
Cons: sometimes long hours, there were not many cons with this job
I have worked with three different Home Hardwares
The first was Home Hardware Plaza West and Home Hardware Plaza North, owned by the same people 2005-2008
McLeans Home Hardware Building Centre 2008-2011

I enjoyed my time at Plaza West for the Paint Department was mine, and people would come to me for colour advice. The staff generally sent customers – more... my way, for I had the best eye because of my training and natural talent.

My co-workers were always great to work with, quick with a smile and excellent customer service.

There were not too many hard parts, but if I had to pick one, it would be lifting the 5 gallon paint containers to mix tint into.

Depending on the store, my typical day would consist of counting cash, putting stock away, ordering stock and working with customers. – less
- great place to work while raising a family.
Yard Manager and Foreman (Current Employee), Cranbrook, BCJune 12, 2012
Pros: - great benefit package
Cons: - no further place to advance in the company.
- been at the same job for 21 plus years and it is now time to move on to new adventures.