Home Depot Employee Reviews in Canada

Found 1,175 reviews matching the search
Good job
Electrical sales associate (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ONMarch 4, 2016
Fun work with many different people. you gain knowledge of what ever area you work in. Company does a lot to better you and make your time with them fun and eventful.
Fun place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NSMarch 4, 2016
When I worked at the Home Depot, it was never boring. The people I worked around made the experience much more interesting. It always felt like a family, and a team that you can always count on.
Homedepot Review
Freight (Overnight) Associate (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ONMarch 3, 2016
Great work experience and terrific staff but the consistency in the hours were not accurate. I would be all over the place with scheduled hours.
Pros
benifits
Cons
random scedual
Good work environment
lot associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 3, 2016
My main tasks Would involve taking care of parking lot. Help customers load products into their vehicles. when i was a cashier I helped customers make their purchases. The co workers where easy to work with and get along with. The most enjoyable part of the job was the people i worked with.
an interesting problem or scenario always around the corner
PRO DESK AND LUMBER ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Sherwood Park, ABMarch 2, 2016
typically, my day alternates between customer service, building project estimates, picking orders, operating machinery, and various other tasks. Everything I know of civilian construction was learned here from generic construction practices to woodwork and concrete work. The most enjoyable part of is solving various problems.
Pros
small town/ familial environment
Cons
scheduling sometimes inconvenient
hd
Assistant Manager, Operations (Former Employee) –  parry soundMarch 2, 2016
very demanding for management employees but financially rewarding. Strong customer service focus at all levels. Component managers but very focused on sales at the store level.
Top notch leadership and culture
SAP Functional Support Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 1, 2016
One of the best managed companies with the best culture I have ever worked for.

Highlights
Collaborative
Great Employee Engagement
Outstanding Executives
Great IT Team
High stressful environment
Inventory Analyst (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMarch 1, 2016
went through a merger and was very painful, wasn't fond of how the company was going. Was not valued as a employee in this role
Learnt alot from the Pit of Sharks
Pro Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ONFebruary 28, 2016
I used to call the Pro Desk a pit of sharks cause the Pro Desk Associates were always so serious... but that was until I was sent to work there, they turned out to be nice friendly sharks. They were vegetarians. I have learnt so much from them, Cause they shared their information and experiences with me. I didn't think I could learn so much information at once, they made their work and knowledge seem so easy and that they were their forever. Thank you Guys at the Home Depot at 7011 Pro Desk Guys/Sharks, but nice.
Pros
Friendly Customers
Cons
Not enough Hours
Fulfilling, challenging environment
Seasonal Sales Associate (Full-time) (Former Employee) –  10885 Leslie St, Richmond Hill, ON L4S 0B2February 28, 2016
Home Depot nurtured employees which were capable of being independent, hard working individuals. In a regular day each associate alongside a few colleagues managed their respective sections, making sure customers are kept happy and that the environment was clean and welcoming. Management and colleagues were very professional and caring people, which led to a great working environment.
Pros
Great working hours
Cons
Seasonal employment
flexible hours, reasonable management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 26, 2016
There is opportunity to move up for people who really understand customer service. Company does care about it's employees, decent health care plan coverage.
A great place to work Part time while in university.
specialty sales associate (Current Employee) –  St. Albert, ABFebruary 25, 2016
Home Depot is a great place to work part time while attending university. The give me flexible hours that allow me to make money while in school.
Pros
Flexible hours
great place to work
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, ABFebruary 23, 2016
had a great time working here great staff made sum good friends n management is great work with me they were very flexible and accommodating to me
Pros
flexible, accommodating
Cons
very few ....
Productive and fun place to work as partime. Very flexiblae with hours
Sales Associate and Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONFebruary 22, 2016
Management was at most very good, and having to deal with customers was probably the hardest thing to this job because hey always want things asap. Co-workers very friendly but some just lazy.
Great first job with lots of opportunities
Lot Associate/ Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABFebruary 19, 2016
Home Depot was a great first job for me as I learned a lot. Many opportunities came forth my way. Co-workers were friendly,
Not a fun place to work for as a manager
Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 19, 2016
There is no directive - they say one thing but only in words no action. They talk about customer service but it is direct opposite.
Repetitive task
Cashier/ Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  nepeanFebruary 19, 2016
It is a repetitive task everyday. Love working with people. The management are not that good to recognize people who really work hard.
Customer service at Home Depot
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABFebruary 16, 2016
Interacting with customers while checkout and helping them to find the right product was an amazing experience that improved my customer service skill.
Pros
Flexible working hours, Free luch and snacks on Saturdays
Cons
Quite busy schedule on weekends
Good for a retail job, but still retail
Lumber Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONFebruary 15, 2016
The Home Depot has a very enthusiastic work environment. The management is very respectful and there is a lot of thought put into the basic clerk's contribution to the company. Success Sharing is an integral part of the income that each clerk receives, and part-time and full time employees both qualify for certain insurance coverage with Manulife.
Pros
Success sharing, good management, encouraging work environment
Cons
Retail, long hours, inconsistent scheduling
Good place to work with good benefits
Sale Associate in the Seasonal Department (Current Employee) –  Coquitlam, BCFebruary 12, 2016
Is a good place to work. You have to be ready to be on your feet most of the hours worked. You can't be scared of hard work for the salary they pay. You have to know your products you are selling or you can't be a great salesman/woman.

Other associates are great!! They are friendly and willing to help when needed.

Working with customers is great! You get the one on one interaction. You can get the odd person who had horrible service but it is your job to fix that problem.
Pros
Free Lunches, Awards Programs, Great Benefits
Cons
Odd hours but little flexible