Home Depot Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Great employee appreciation.
Cashier (Former Employee), Peterborough , OntarioFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: health benefits coverage
Cons: odd scheduling / no hours in winter/spring
Perks like free lunches once in a while. Hours are cut drastically in winter/spring. Scheduling is all over the place. One day you could be working for a 5 hour and 15 minute opening shift and then the next day you could be working a 6 hr and 45 minute closing shift. If you are working in the winter don't be surprised if your suppose to work a 8 hour shift and they drop it down to a 4 hour shift.Associates and management are pretty friendly.
Rewarding in every aspect, self paced with motivation to advance
Pro/Tool Rental Supervisor (Current Employee), Nepean, ONMarch 30, 2016
Pros: Being able to earn my paycheck and Profit Sharing
Cons: Not always being able to accomplish what you started in a day.
I work with a leadership team that is engaged with their associates, I work within my two departments working side by side in helping customers get what they need and making their project my own. Teaching my 13 associates to work as a team and to maintain a customer first plus one attitude. The associates at the store I work with are like my family away from home, we treat each other with respect and when someone is hurt we all chip in to help them and their family get through the hard times by donating what we can, and offering support. The hardest part of my job is finding the time to be everywhere all at once to help my fellow associates and to help serve customers to maintain that customer first attitude. The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing a smile on my fellow associates, knowing that what I have done today and everyday is to help make my workplace enjoyable and a productive workplace. Also to see the smile on a customers face after I have given them customer service plus one and to seal the deal with a friendly handshake, thanking them for shopping at my store.
Great learning experience
Electrical Associate (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONFebruary 1, 2016
Pros: good colleagues
Cons: not the greatest management
I learned much about electrical equipment and how to assist others with their problems. I also learned a great deal about the electrical code and how to explain electrical code to customers
A place that was decent to work for but the co-workers made it more enjoyable
Paint Associate (Former Employee), Calgary, ABOctober 2, 2015
The home depot did not have good management while i was working there. it was difficult to do my job sometimes when the management was coming in and observing the department i was working in. My co-workers were fun to work with so that made it difficult to leave the job. The hardest part of the job was how busy the department was during the summer because we were understaffed a lot of the time. The most enjoyable part of my job was helping the customers find exactly what they needed.
Good place to work for
Flooring Associate/Fulfillment Team Member (Former Employee), Burlington, ONApril 15, 2015
Pros: Great management team. You get your work your schedule two weeks in advance
Cons: Low Salary, you get most of your hours on weekends
Good over all life-work balance. Lots of good people in the store. Salary was low and it takes quite a while to advance within the company.
Don't work at Home Depot
Department Supervisor (Former Employee), Regina, SKNovember 16, 2015
I loved my job as Supervisor in Millwork at this store.
I was in a Specialty Department and we had lots of misinformation given to us to order windows or doors. Now, It usually takes 4 or 5 weeks to get a special order. After this time people would be yelling at me because their items were ordered incorrectly. After all the training at HD and all the policies they instill in you. I had absolutely no backup from the Assistant Managers at all. It is hard to work in an environment like that. I have never worked anywhere that my immediate Supervisor does not know how to do my job. Interesting to say the least.
Home Depot Canada
customer service representative (Former Employee), spruce groveSeptember 8, 2015
I had a serious issue with safety when I was at home depot they drilled safety into my head during training and when I started on the floor it was no longer a concern. I tryed many times to have my concerns heard, when they were truly heard from management the problem was not rectified! the most enjoyable part of my job was working with happy costumers as well as the confused and cranky! my co-workers were awesome when we had nothing to do we would scare eachother and have fun as well as worked great together! the hardest part of my job was working with couples because there was two diffrent personalities and two opinions!
Productive work environment with good benefits
Head Cashier/Workshop Leader (Current Employee), Scarborough, ONJanuary 16, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: hours
A typical day at Home Depot is managing daily coverage of cashiers including breaks and lunches. A typical day often includes providing a superb level of customer service. Other duties include arranging time for cashier training sessions, motivating the team to reach credit and sales goals.

As a Head Cashier I've learned positive behavioural management skills. During my time at the Home Depot, I've learned affective time management skills that transfer well into other opportunities.
Great employer-employee relationship
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Markham, ONApril 18, 2016
Pros: great benefits, flexible schedules and management that encourages growth
Cons: Some tasks can by physically demanding
Great culture to begin your career at, they offer great benefits for those that are part time as well as full time. At a store level, all associates are treated equally and fairly and in confidence can voice their opinions and be heard.
no day is the same
Sales and Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee), woodbridgeNovember 22, 2015
Pros: retail inviroment
Cons: open 7 days a week for long hours
punch in and go to your department. find out what needs to be done . help customers and clean department. put away inventory restock shelves and move inventory to fill locations and packdown all over stock.
Stay away
Merchandise Execution Team (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 27, 2016
Cons: Management, the pay, the work, co-workers
The pay was low. Management slashed hours and hired new people instead of employing the people they have. Moral was low. Some people at some stores are very caddy and play Favoritism.
A great place to work Part time while in university.
specialty sales associate (Current Employee), St. Albert, ABFebruary 25, 2016
Pros: Flexible hours
Home Depot is a great place to work part time while attending university. The give me flexible hours that allow me to make money while in school.
Good Employer
Front-end Associate (Cashier) (Current Employee), Carleton Place, ONJanuary 25, 2016
Home Depot is a very supportive company that genuinely cares about its employees. Management does whatever it can to help out at work and to accommodate the personal lives of the people that work there.
excellent work team
Outdoor Seasonal Customer Service Associate (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 15, 2016
Pros: large work environment
Cons: impersonal relations with management
Busy store environment, good co workers, wide variety of customers, many small tasks, good support from management and co workers
hd
Assistant Manager, Operations (Former Employee), parry soundMarch 2, 2016
very demanding for management employees but financially rewarding. Strong customer service focus at all levels. Component managers but very focused on sales at the store level.
great place to work
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), Grande Prairie, ABFebruary 23, 2016
Pros: flexible, accommodating
Cons: very few ....
had a great time working here great staff made sum good friends n management is great work with me they were very flexible and accommodating to me
It was alright
Overnight stock associate (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONMarch 10, 2016
Pros: great group of workers there
Cons: overnight
It was alright. I loved my boss, and the coworkers there. It was pretty fun at times. Lifted and moved some heavy things which was not too bad. Had to utilize a few power equipment at times. Then had to overlook some of the projects that were going on while the store was going through a major overnight renovation.
Great place to work in a fast paced environment
Merchandising Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABNovember 23, 2014
Pros: great team members, the opportunity to make a difference in the community, benefits
Cons: work life balance
My typical day at work was on the floor, driving sales and service through the associates and the team I lead. As an ASM, conflict resolution and ensuring customers left happy is part of my regular day. I work with some great people, and although I love my job, the people was a big part of why I've stayed so long. Work life balance can be tricky and was probably the hardest part of my job. Overall, I enjoyed all aspects of the business, because I used every situation as a learning tool to improve myself.
Fun place to work in Winter time
Installs service Management (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 19, 2016
Homedepot work is fun but just mostly for student trying to add some extra money for their budget . Making it a career will be a whole different ball game must say
Great place to work!
District HR Manager (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABJanuary 13, 2016
Flexible work environment, great values, great people, challenging bur rewarding. Culture of giving back, opportunities to grow and advance.
Links