Home Depot

16.4K reviews

Home Depot Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
i learned alot
Return to Vendor/Receiving Associate (Former Employee), midland,onOctober 19, 2015
I learned a lot about data entry/ and also shipping and receiving. RTV was not a simple job but I did learn something new every day.
Great staff interaction, Great benefits
Pro Account Sales Associate (Former Employee), Moncton, NBOctober 18, 2015
Pros: Benefits
Cons: wages
Good working environment, advancement is possible with proper training provided, Wages could be improved according to skills and experience.
Fun environment
Cashier (Former Employee), Orangeville, ONOctober 17, 2015
Pros: fun people
Cons: long shifts
Great environment with amazing co-workers, as a student I couldn't keep this job because they did not have flexible hours
Good place to be part of a team
Receiving Night supervisor (Former Employee), Markham.October 15, 2015
Pros: steady hours, good pay
Cons: hard to move up
I liked working in the Home Depot. Was an amazing place to advance my career. However as time went on I wanted to advance my career. And in a big company like that its very hard to move up for some reason.
A typical day at work
Special Services Desk Associate - (Current Employee), Markham, ONOctober 15, 2015
Home depot is a great company to work for. Shifts are in rotating bais. not a typical eight to five job, always interacting with customer, meet new people everyday. Its great to be there
Selling you whatever you need.
Flooring and Décor Sales Associate (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONOctober 13, 2015
Pros: Fellow associate relationships
Cons: Long hours
The day is spent greeting and assisting customers as they work on their various odd jobs in their home or extensive renovations.
Special Service Desk Associate (Part-Time) (Current Employee), Milton, ONOctober 12, 2015
Every day varies depending on the customers needs and what we are able to help them with. Customers are good and really make the job along with co-workers.
No Comments
Senior Financial Analyst, Financial Services (Current Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 7, 2015
Overall an amazing experience working at The Home Depot. Highly encourage job seekers to look out for their posting. A very rewarding experience for me to learn from one of the best retailers in the world.
productive and fast paced environment
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Squamish, BCOctober 7, 2015
a great environment that prepares and calls for taking executive decisions under pressure to make sure customers receive the best.
Great Community
Cashier (Former Employee), Peterborough, ONOctober 6, 2015
Home Depot has a great social committee that frequently plans fun events. At least once per month they cook breakfast, bring in baked goods, etc. They also do their best to get to know you as an individual.

As a part-timer, partial health benefits are offered after three months. Also, with Success Sharing, there is bonus money given in each quarter.

If you are a student, they also offer financial assistance with schooling.

As a cashier, your hours can vary drastically. The hours are often very poor in the winter.

Customers are the rudest at Home Depot than I have ever encountered, but the staff makes up for that.

Overall, it is a great place to work.
hard work
CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee), milner avenueOctober 6, 2015
Pros: good hours
Cons: heavy work load
Home depot was very hard and it was it required late nights of hard work but the hard work paid off. Also it required unusual hours, sometime night shifts and other day regular hours.
Cashier, Lot Associate, Returns and Seasonal (Current Employee), Dartmouth, NSOctober 5, 2015
Home Depot is a great company to work for. Management is great and looks after all the associates. Truly believes that if you take care of your associates then they will take care of the customers.
Lazy Team
Lumber/Millwork Associate (Former Employee), Bradford ONOctober 2, 2015
Pros: Nice staff room, with a lot of luncheons.
Cons: Poor management, lazy crew.
Basically as any of the customers can attest at this store, you basically work alone, while constantly being harassed over the walkie.
A place that was decent to work for but the co-workers made it more enjoyable
Paint Associate (Former Employee), Calgary, ABOctober 2, 2015
The home depot did not have good management while i was working there. it was difficult to do my job sometimes when the management was coming in and observing the department i was working in. My co-workers were fun to work with so that made it difficult to leave the job. The hardest part of the job was how busy the department was during the summer because we were understaffed a lot of the time. The most enjoyable part of my job was helping the customers find exactly what they needed.
Enloyed the challange of not knowing what each day was going to present.
Sepcial Services Desk (Former Employee), Sarnia, ONOctober 2, 2015
Pros: exciting work enviroment
Cons: low compensation
Was a pleasant work environment. Each day presented a new challenge to problem solve. I enjoyed working with my fellow associates. I loved making people happy and this environment provide many opportunities to do just that.
great company
Department Manager (Former Employee), Victoria, BCOctober 1, 2015
Pros: great benifits
Cons: long hours shift work
Great company to work for if you want advancement there approach is great, lots of training and the company polices are good. Overall the experience I had was very positive.
Least organized
Cashier (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABSeptember 29, 2015
I have never been with a company so disorganized and biased with employees. Never accommodating, and there were always employees coming and going.
Great People. Abysmal Pay.
Flooring Associate (Former Employee), Courtenay, BCSeptember 29, 2015
Pros: Great People. Reputable company.
Cons: Very Low Pay
Overall, the People make it a great place to work. Home depot places a lot of emphasis on training to make sure their associates can deliver exceptional service. If only they would realize that offering only part time hours on an irregular shedule, for a wage that leaves most struggling to just survive, should be considered criminal. Pay should be Minimum $12.50 for general employees, and $15 to $18 for specialty/ consultation departments. ALL part time should be offered minimum 24 hours per week, before additional staff are hired. The company is greedy.
Coworkers are fun to work with, managment was a joke
freight associate (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABSeptember 29, 2015
My fellow employees where a blast to with, the management had a higher turn over of the company. There was too much people aiming to get other people fired just to advance there position even if the people getting fired where more experienced and doing an excellent job.

The pay for the kind of work i was doing was very imbalanced. i was getting higher pay wage than other retail stores but way less than other warehouse company's.
fun
Delivery Will Call Coordinator (Former Employee), Ancaster, ONSeptember 29, 2015
Pros: understanding
Cons: have to stand
busy day, makes time fly by. great co workers. very understanding of your family life. can make your own hours. you learn something new every day and make great friends
Industry