Home Depot Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Productive and fun place to work as partime. Very flexiblae with hours
Sales Associate and Key Holder (Former Employee), Brampton, ONFebruary 22, 2016
Management was at most very good, and having to deal with customers was probably the hardest thing to this job because hey always want things asap. Co-workers very friendly but some just lazy.
Great first job with lots of opportunities
Lot Associate/ Customer Service (Former Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 19, 2016
Home Depot was a great first job for me as I learned a lot. Many opportunities came forth my way. Co-workers were friendly,
Not a fun place to work for as a manager
Manager (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 19, 2016
Pros: None
Cons: Everything
There is no directive - they say one thing but only in words no action. They talk about customer service but it is direct opposite.
Repetitive task
Cashier/ Sales Associate (Former Employee), nepeanFebruary 19, 2016
It is a repetitive task everyday. Love working with people. The management are not that good to recognize people who really work hard.
Axé sur les employées
Représentant des Fournisseurs (Current Employee), 6 magasins a travers le QuébecFebruary 17, 2016
Pros: Assurances
Cons: Client négatif
Associé a la mise en marché, formation des vendeurs, construire démos, prise de commande, service client , retour au fournisseur , gestion du temps allouée.

Home Dépot ma pris a être un leader et non un ``boss``

Les employées sont supérieur au management, il pratique la pyramide de Freud a l'envers. Car le vendeurs est sur le plancher.

Négatif; client mécontent et heureux de l'être.....

Agréables; une atmosphère qui permet d'évoluer dans notre cheminement personnel . Apprendre des meilleurs et surtout être en mesure de proposer des projets qui seront adapté et si accepté , changeras la méthode de travaille de 550 0000 employées a travers le monde.
Customer service at Home Depot
Cashier (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABFebruary 16, 2016
Pros: Flexible working hours, Free luch and snacks on Saturdays
Cons: Quite busy schedule on weekends
Interacting with customers while checkout and helping them to find the right product was an amazing experience that improved my customer service skill.
Good for a retail job, but still retail
Lumber Associate (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONFebruary 15, 2016
Pros: Success sharing, good management, encouraging work environment
Cons: Retail, long hours, inconsistent scheduling
The Home Depot has a very enthusiastic work environment. The management is very respectful and there is a lot of thought put into the basic clerk's contribution to the company. Success Sharing is an integral part of the income that each clerk receives, and part-time and full time employees both qualify for certain insurance coverage with Manulife.
Good place to work with good benefits
Sale Associate in the Seasonal Department (Current Employee), Coquitlam, BCFebruary 12, 2016
Pros: Free Lunches, Awards Programs, Great Benefits
Cons: Odd hours but little flexible
Is a good place to work. You have to be ready to be on your feet most of the hours worked. You can't be scared of hard work for the salary they pay. You have to know your products you are selling or you can't be a great salesman/woman.

Other associates are great!! They are friendly and willing to help when needed.

Working with customers is great! You get the one on one interaction. You can get the odd person who had horrible service but it is your job to fix that problem.
Good workplace behaviour
Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Windsor, ONFebruary 11, 2016
Everyone in the workplace always came ready to work, and help out other associates when help was required. It was a good supportive environment that always strive to make each other better
Not a Career Company
Head Cashier (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABFebruary 11, 2016
Pros: Build responsibility/skills, Christmas parties, profit sharing, homer awards!
Cons: Depends on peers. Vac (1st come/serve), Schedules aren't flexible to lifestyle!
Working at the Skyview Home Depot was enjoyable for the most part.

Your typical day, depended on what shift/day you worked!

I have learned responsibility, independence, time management skills and what teamwork really is!

The management I knew were always looking after their associates then. Now the management's style is hostile and favouritism based!

The associates that I have worked with by nature were happy, until this stores management changed them!

The only part hard about my job was the lack of staffing at times, but, was at most, resolvable!

The enjoyable part of my job was my management process, the work within my duties and the associates whose ethics and personality, kept me there all these years!
productive
Overnight Stock Associate (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONFebruary 11, 2016
I really liked the fact that the people who work there are always willing to help you and its a clean and earning environment
Awesome place to work
Book-Keeping Associate (Former Employee), Orangeville, ONFebruary 9, 2016
I completed data entry for all cashiers int the store. Made sure the stores vault balanced. completed tasks requested by managers. Made sure stores expenses stayed within the budget.
Great Place to Work
Cashier/Merchandiser (Former Employee), Regina, SKFebruary 5, 2016
The Home Depot is a good place to work. Typical day at work is normal like every other cashier job elsewhere. Hardest part of the job is having to stand for extended hours and being moved from one register to another. Great co-workers but advancement in the company is directed to a selected few!
Friendly and fun
Customer Service - Part Time (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 5, 2016
Pros: free coffe and pizza some times
Cons: short hours
Check safety of the store, cleaning, doing pack-down, helping customers.
I learned technical information about different products, software of the company and other important subjects.
The management and co-workers are friendly
the hardest part of the job is being part time worker but, I manage to get shifts from other co-workers so I keep my salary on track the most enjoyable part is that you interact with different people every day
A great workplace for startups
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Current Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 5, 2016
Pros: Success Sharing
A very friendly working environment with many advantages and various things to learn for our day to day life.
The management is very supportive and helps with all our queries and resolves ant issues regarding our work if any.
Great learning experience
Electrical Associate (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONFebruary 1, 2016
Pros: good colleagues
Cons: not the greatest management
I learned much about electrical equipment and how to assist others with their problems. I also learned a great deal about the electrical code and how to explain electrical code to customers
Friendly helpful staff , great managers.
Seasonal department clerk (Former Employee), Spruce Grove, ABJanuary 31, 2016
Pros: Always snacks and drinks in the lunchroom.
Cons: Short staffed, not enough training.
Very enjoyable workplace. Staff was friendly and helpful. There was plenty to do especially in the greenhouse. Much opportunity for continuing education. I was sorry to leave.
great place to work!
Seasonal Sales Associate (Current Employee), Cobourg, ONJanuary 29, 2016
I had allot of fun learning about what goes on throughout the day in the life of a home depot employee. learning about what pushes sales and how you can help the home depot say yes to a customer's needs and satisfactions was a great experience and i'm excited to try my new skills out in new work environments to come my way.
mauvaise gestion
Longueuil, Qc, Canada (Former Employee), Greenfield Park, QCJanuary 28, 2016
Pros: harmonie entre associes
Cons: mauvaise écoute
la gestion du personnel est très faible et manque de communication
Beaucoup d'irritants due a la mauvaise gestion du personel.
Stay away
Merchandise Execution Team (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 27, 2016
Cons: Management, the pay, the work, co-workers
The pay was low. Management slashed hours and hired new people instead of employing the people they have. Moral was low. Some people at some stores are very caddy and play Favoritism.
Links