Home Depot

Home Depot Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
High School
Head Cashier (Current Employee), La Habra, CAJuly 15, 2014
Responsible for organizing events, managing budgets and schedules, delegating, and cashiering.
Changes daily with results that can be seen.
Merchandising Execution Associate (Current Employee), Austin, TXJuly 15, 2014
• My work day consists of working with the store and vendors to make sure products and displays are placed just right to make an award winning shopping experience for the customer.
• I have learned that there is a lot more to setting up a store for success than you might believe (i.e. receiving products, signage, and displays, setting them up according – more... to vendor requirements, conducting price changes, and informing customers and associates about the new products).
• As in any other company my co-workers are different in their own.
• The hardest part of the job is figuring out how to make it better without guidance from corporate, and making my own changes to finish the work on time.
• The most enjoyable is helping customers make their dreams and needs a reality. – less
great people fun place to work
Receiving, Driver, and Processing Associate (Former Employee), Ontario, CAJuly 15, 2014
Pros: catered lunches, raffels, lots of extra fun activities
Cons: dont really care for a 4 - 10 days
Typical day is receiving freight with RF gun breaking down pallets and palletizing freight , also using a electric pallet jack or forklift to move merchandise throughout the building ... I learned many skill sets such as learning how to receive and turn multiple trucks with accuracy and speed , loading trucks to maximum cube . learning how to drive – more... multiple pieces of equipment . I also worked close with management resolving problems and doing special projects when asked . The most enjoyable part was my co-workers we worked in teams and developed strong relationships . – less
Hardworker, Fun to work with, Enjoy working and helping others
Special Service Associate (Current Employee), Lanham, MdJuly 15, 2014
Pros: working independently, having a great connection with management, rewarded for work
Cons: n/a
When I get to work I immediately jump into what needs to be done.
There is always a new system rolling out, which I am normally the first to learn of.
I am a worker who managers love to call on when they need help in other departments or I usually step up and offer to help.
Work would have no description if I did not have co-workers. We learn off each – more... other. We help one another, improve on new task, and there is never an "I, her, or me" just "us or we."
The hardest part of the job is sometimes knowing that you gave a situation your all to solve it but it was not enough.
Most enjoyable part is gaining a connection with the customers and seeing them come back after that first interaction. – less
muy buena empresa
aux. proteccion de activos (Former Employee), los mchis sin.July 15, 2014
Aprendi muchas cosas ya que home depot cuenta con capacitacion diaria a todo el personal, asi como tambien muchas personas amables y amistosas, aprendi el manejo de diferentes prosesos que en otras empresas no se utilizan
Excellent Company
Lead Generator (Former Employee), Alexander City, AL 35010July 15, 2014
Pros: free company lunches, bonuses
Best Company I've ever had the oppurtunity to work for. Amazing benefits with a great value wheel. Grown extensivly with customer service and what is expected when I now shop throughtout other companies. Provided excellent Healthcare programs.
Customer Service Rep
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Charles City, VAJuly 15, 2014
Professional Profile- creative problem solver with proven ability to maintain confidentiality
Communication- Persuasive communicator both verbally and written.
Customer Service- ability to recognize customer's needs without compromising the organizations position. Maintain a broad knowledge of operation
Technology- Proficient in computer word processing, – more... spreadsheets, and data entry using a variety program such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint. Window, Microsoft Outlook, and Microsoft Office. – less
Home depot
Cashier/ Customer Service/ Returns (Former Employee), Hialeah Gardens, FLJuly 15, 2014
Pros: hour lunch
Cons: management
A lot of pressure for little pay, management does not care about employment
Cashier Life
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Brantford, ONJuly 15, 2014
Home Depot is a really exciting and fun environment. As a cashier, I was previously trained through other part time cashier jobs, when I was trained at Home Depot, they made it their mission to have every customer leave satisfied. I really enjoyed working at the lumber doors, dealing with the contractors and construction workers.
We Bleed Orange!!!
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Morrow, GAJuly 15, 2014
I loved this job! Nothing like a free bright orange apron and the smell of saw dust in the morning!
Great Place to work and nice people
EXPEDITOR AND DESIGNER (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJuly 15, 2014
This was a fun place to work and great comunitiy. Not alot of opertunity for advancement. Most of the employees like their job and position and want to stay.
Exciting place with lots of curveballs
Retail Merchandising (Current Employee), Costa Mesa, CAJuly 14, 2014
Pros: commission plus base
Cons: advancement opportunities
Activate cell phones, process payments, inventory management, great team.
A fun place to work in customer service
Sales Associate II (Former Employee), Peoria, AZJuly 14, 2014
I worked in Building/Materials, Millworks, Lumber, and the loading dock. I had so many great customer service experiences while working here. I had the opportunity to work with some exceptional department heads and managers. I am still in contact with some of my co-workers from this job.
Floor Supervisor (Former Employee), Baton Rouge, LouisianaJuly 14, 2014
Pros: great place to work, great people to work with..
Cons: pay period is every 2 weeks
The Home Depot is a safe and fun place to work!!! Great peop;e, Management, and security on staff.
Fast paced and a great learning experience.
Customer Service (Former Employee), Stockton, CAJuly 14, 2014
Allowed me to learn types of wood and types of tools i didnt even know about it was pretty interesting.
Nice place to work
Department Supervisor (Former Employee), Trussville, ALJuly 14, 2014
Great place to work but advancement can be stagnant at times.
fun environment, friendly coworkers
Lead Generator RSW (Current Employee), Imperial Beach, CAJuly 14, 2014
Pros: clean store, friendly managers
this store is a very fast pace place to work at, the hours were great, the manager works with u aswell.
pruductive
sales associate (Current Employee), Cary NCJuly 14, 2014
Pros: homer found
It has been an amazing experience.
Home Depot offers many benefits.
This job is for the younger generation if you have no responsiblities
MILLWORKS ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), Downey, CAJuly 14, 2014
I thought working for this company I would have received good pay, but you don't receive proper training and they expect you to know everything to help out the customers.
Fun and easy going place to work and learn customer service
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee), Houston, TXJuly 14, 2014
Pros: relaxed work environment
Cons: only seasonal job
My typical day of working at absolute comfort consists of calling old and new customers and getting them to get their a/c and heqat check up.

About Home Depot

The Home Depot is an American retailer of home improvement, construction products and services. The Home Depot operates 2,248 – Read more