Home Depot

Enjoyable Workplace
Cashier (Former Employee), Foster City, CAApril 7, 2014
Cashier
Check-out customers
Crew trainer for garden department
Send and receive change orders
Fun place to work. Enjoy interaction with customers.
Merchandising Execution Associate (Current Employee), Richfield, MNApril 7, 2014
Pros: interaction, good benefits and consistant hours.
Cons: needs to challange me more.
My day starts out with stretching exercises. Morning meeting to discuss the plans for the day. The most enjoyable part of my day is the interaction I get with the customers. The hardest part of the job is the routine. I have learned not to be to serious.
Poor Job Conditions
Hardware Associate/Key Cutter (Former Employee), Oxon Hill, MDApril 7, 2014
Pros: interacting with customers was the best part of the job
Cons: poor job conditions and low working hours
I was a key cutter at home depot so basically I would stand at my assigned post for my entire shift minus the lunch break. The company is great but the location i was located has poor management and doesn't work with you on scheduling your days of work .
Great place to work for
Cashier / Returns (Former Employee), Riverbank, CAApril 7, 2014
Pros: promotions
Cons: short breaks
I worked with 5 other CSRs and 2 managers. My day would start by checking in movies and putting them out on the shelves. Help customers with questions and ring them up their purchase. After working there for 6 mouths I was trained to be shift leader. Open and closed store, filled morning reports, did money drops, and help with customers. The best part – more... of my job was working with the public. – less
I have an enjoyable work environment.
Merchandiser (Current Employee), Bethesda, MDApril 7, 2014
Pros: success sharring
Cons: the early attendance, it does not pay well for adults trying to care for their families.
I have to start my day at 5am, i have learned how to read planograms and maintain the bay integrity. Management is firm but fair and my co-workers are fun to be around. The hardest part of the job is getting up at 3:45 am. The most enjoyable part of my day is interacting with new and exciting customers each day.
i loved working for home depot
Customer Service (Former Employee), selma, caApril 7, 2014
working for home depot was fun helping my customers the giving class
great job
Cashier (Former Employee), Toledo, OHApril 7, 2014
nice place to work if ever needed I would work for the again great staff great management
Productive Place
Sales associate (Current Employee), 1111 E. Ridge RDApril 7, 2014
Pros: hour lunches and breaks. events and holiday treats
Cons: concrete floors and little hours
Its a very productive place. You will always be busy but I want something diferent for myself. Working on concrete floors all day can really irritate and hurt you physically if you are not prepared enough.
Its ok
Customer Service/Sales Specialist (Former Employee), Grove City, OHApril 7, 2014
Pros: assoicates are great
Cons: somethings needs a lot of work
OK at first. the up to date training. turn over is bad. Co-workers are great. Not being told when someone is not coming in. I coming in to work.
Home Depot
Cashier, sales, coach FT (Former Employee), Walker, MI.April 7, 2014
Pros: liked the people and enjoyed working in the garden area. pay was good also with benefits.
Cons: management, didn't stop people when there was a used product brought back., and they gave away a lot of things that wasn't right.
I liked working for this company for the most part. The management wasn't for you when there was a problem with a customer. The customer isn't always right. They have bad days also and take it out on you. I gave a lot to this company and did my best and had many awards in the almost five years there. My co-workers were good but could have been nicer – more... and not so clicky. The front end cashiers were great...somewhat over worked because the management didn't want to deal with it. I enjoyed working with the people that were our regulars, when I left several of the people I saw later told me they missed me and wouldn't go there again. So I know that I was a valued employee. I learned a lot and always took advantage of classes or experiences to learn new things. – less
I believe this is a great company with great customer service
Associate (Current Employee), Killeen, TXApril 6, 2014
Pros: i love coming to work
Cons: not enough hours for the week
I enjoy helping out the customers and working with my co-workers. the managers all gets down and get their hands dirty I like that.
Fun environment, is a learning type of place
Cashier (Current Employee), West Berlin, NJApril 6, 2014
A typical day is as simple as clock in go to your register and clock out, however some days may consist of stocking shelves or loading cars. The management is down to earth they don't believe they are better then anyone. I've learned about some tools and some ways to strap down big items to cars. The only hard part is the lifting, but i enjoy the people – more... i work with. – less
okay.
Cashier (Former Employee), Glendale, AZApril 6, 2014
I felt my duties were easy and pretty much stayed at the register, but i did not like the fact that the men that came in didn't have respect for women.
Lets do this
merchandising execution associate OVERNIGHT (Former Employee), ATLANTA GAApril 6, 2014
Pros: paid break
Cons: foul mouth coworkers
I really loved this job; though my co workers had no respect for themselves our management or anyone else. The work was very demanding and fast paced and I loved every min of it.
Great place to work for.
Customer Order Specialist (Former Employee), Titusvile, FL.April 6, 2014
Pros: benefit package even for part-time employees.
Cons: due to obahamacare, we lost the healthcare portion of the part-time benefit package.
Enjoyed working with the customers to give excellent customer service and make sure they get everything they need. I worked with a great team of managers and co-workers. The hardest part of the job was having to answer the phone while with a customer that was face to face and making sure everyone got excellent customer service, but that is what I enjoyed – more... about the job. – less
Productive fun environment to work in.
Merchandise Execution Associate (Current Employee), Wyomissing, PAApril 6, 2014
I've learned to do the following. 1.Manages and measures work, process and metrics including safety, quality, and productivity through reporting, field visits and customer feedback.
2.Drive sales results through greeting and assisting customers on the sales floor and maintaining solid product knowledge.
3.Read, comprehend and generate all markdown reports – more... for the store.
4.Assist in conducting audits of assigned areas, mark out of stocks and locate merchandise that is not priced or damaged and report to upper management as needed.
5.Assist in processing and replenishing merchandise and monitoring floor stock.
6.Any other tasks as assigned from time to time by any member of the management team. – less
productive fun place to work
cashier (Current Employee), Branson, MOApril 6, 2014
home depot feels like a good place to work. The management is understanding and fair, the people are good people to work with and always have your back
Hard work but was awesome job
MET- Merchandising executive team (Former Employee), Gladstone, MOApril 6, 2014
Pros: team work and appreciation
Cons: climbing ladders and the hours were making it hard to find a baby sitter.
I learned several things working at The Home depot in many departments. Mainly through answering customer questions. The hardest part of the job was finding the product sometimes. Management was awesome and so were my co-workers. I also took lots of safety classes to obtain increase my knowledge in different areas.
Fun workplace with many things to learn
Floor and Wall Associate (Former Employee), Tucson, AZApril 6, 2014
Pros: learned a new trade
Cons: only got to work part-time
Would come in and check the shelves to see what needed to be down stocked checked to see if we had any orders that needed to be brought up to the front desk. Would assist customers with any questions they had or if they needed help finding any of our products. I learned how to set wood flooring and lay tile down, also got to teach a couple classes to – more... customers. – less
Easy work, physical job, Teamwork essential to survive, clean store.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXApril 5, 2014
Pros: incentives present
Cons: rewards hard to get
I wish I could start over. Hired for cabinet sales and ended up in appliances. Part time schedule was closing more than not. Days ended by moving larger and heavy merchandise without help. Closing included kitchen cabinets, bath, and appliance aisles. Incentives were difficult to obtain. I would not recommend to close friends.

About Home Depot

The Home Depot is an American retailer of home improvement, construction products and services. The Home Depot operates 2,248 – Read more