Home Depot

Home Depot Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
working at home depot
Kitchen Designer (Current Employee), AirdrieMay 13, 2015
I enjoy being around customers and my co workers. I have taught myself to be kitchen designer. I enjoy it when customers bring my pictures of there finished kitchens
Good people and good environment
Electrical Sales Associate (Current Employee), Hamilton, ONMay 13, 2015
Pros: Easy, relaxed atmosphere, good management and coworkers
Cons: Pay, of course, is not the premium
Very safety conscious and safe, relaxed reliable job.
I have no complaints about the work environment or the people at all.

Currently I am just looking for something that pays a bit more.

The only hard part is it requires a bit of heavy lifting and a bit of physicality but is is a good job.
Busy
Cross Dock Night Shift Assistant Facility Manager (Former Employee), Concord, ONMay 13, 2015
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
Change has been good with this company and a lot of change in transportation department which has proven beneficial. It is a good place to be with room to grow
Coordinated and informative
Pro Account Sales Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 12, 2015
Pros: Pays more than competitors
Cons: Less hours during winter
Typical work day included coordinated shipments and restocking inventory levels. Selling and advising customers was also a part of the daily work routine.
Fun and interesting place to work
Cashier/Lumber associate/ Overnight freight (Current Employee), Whitby, ONMay 12, 2015
Pros: work incentives
Cons: not enough hours
hard working environment, helping customers comes first, nice co worker, hardest part of the job is putting up with customers that think they're always right, although i am excellent at handling such situations.
Was okay..
sales associate (Former Employee), Langley bcMay 11, 2015
Schedule not flexible at all. minimum wage too..
employees are good tho.
Really wish my manager was better.. but w hat do you expect from a 25 year old guy..
Great Place
PART-TIME / SUPPLEMENTARY EMPLOYMENT (Former Employee), Pickering, ONMay 9, 2015
Nice place to work, made lots of friends in the short time I have been there. Great bosses, great employees......I loved interacting with al the customers that came in.
A great place to work and learn new things.
Returns Associate (Current Employee), Langford, BCMay 8, 2015
Pros: Monthly birthday cakes, and pay day lunches for our social committee activies.
Cons: There are times there is not enough staff, (due to sick calls)
I enjoy meeting people, hearing about the projects they are doing and helping them get the right items needed.

I have learned about window covering, different types of flooring, the different paints that are out now, and plants.
Great atmosphere and effective team
Lumber Sales Associate (Former Employee), Oakville, ONMay 8, 2015
Pros: Good hours
Cons: Feel expendable
A typical day at work would include me creating a deck design for a customers and helping them price it out. Cleaning the isles and helping customers locate products, and cutting wood to specific measurements for customers. I learned a great deal about products and procedures related to my department from interacting with customers and the training provided. All of my peers staff were great to work with and hard workers except for a few. The management was generally good except for the fact they were not very assertive at some times and whether they were happy with performance was unclear at most times. The hardest part of the job for me was dealing with more then one customer at a time, and the most enjoyable part of my position was creating deck designs on the computer using the Home Depot software.
Excellent Team Culture
Head Cashier (Special Services Associate) (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABMay 6, 2015
Management and team members share the same philosophy of providing excellent customer service to customers. A great place to work for students.
Fun Workplace to work with new challenges everyday
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBMay 5, 2015
I loved the culture over at my job. The understanding between our co-workers and the most enjoyable part was everyday i get to face new challenges everyday.
Good Student Job
Lumber/Building Materials Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee), Niagara Falls, ONMay 4, 2015
Home Depot is a good place to work throughout College and/or University. They are great about working around a school schedule and giving the time off needed to write midterms and exams.
Best retail job I had
Inventory Management Associate (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMay 3, 2015
Pros: Benefits, work environment
Cons: Management, pay
I worked in grocery stores when I was younger, but this job was way better. I enjoyed most aspects of this job, my co-workers were great. Management was below average, but about as good as retail gets. Pay was average, but good benefits.
Nice place to work
General Labourer (Former Employee), Brampton, ONMay 2, 2015
Nice place to workNice place to workNice place to workNice place to workNice place to workNice place to workNice place to workNice place to workNice place to workNice place to work
A fun and enjoyable work experience
Part-time Seasonal Associate (Former Employee), Brampton, OntarioApril 29, 2015
Pros: Free snacks and lunches
Cons: Short shifts
A typical day at work consists of assisting customers, prepared sales, and managing store front and drive through environment. The management was great and provided good employee training. The co-workers were very friendly and easy to work with. The hardest part of the job was the pace, and ensuring all orders were successfully completed, meeting the needs of the customer. The most enjoyable part of the job was engaging with customers and working in a positive work environment.
Not bad, not great. It's a job
Associate (Current Employee), Toronto, ONApril 28, 2015
Pros: Ease of work, coworkers
Cons: Poor pay if you don't have trade certificate of years upon years of experience
Hours. Its all over the place. If you are part time, there is zero consistency in regards to hours. One week is full time, then no hours for a month. It does get busier during the spring-fall seasons so you can usually get 15+ hours a week depending on the department, but don't expect that to last into the Christmas season.

People.The people you work with are usually great. They really do promote the "if you don't know, ask" mentality. Just don't expect to get the answer that you want. Most of the other associates will help, but there are always the one or two that won't. It's part of the working world.

Management.My experience with management has been hit and miss. Some have been very hands on and straight forward (which I like) and others have been all smiles to your face then do the opposite. It all depends on the store you get. It's safe to say they get paid very well for their role in the store so they do anything to protect that.

Pay. Unless you have a certificate in some trade, don't expect to make much more than min wage.

Scheduling. Released every week so you always have a 2 week notice on what you will be working. Usually pretty easy to get shifts covered depending on department and available workers, but usually always someone willing to grab the hours.

Training. Practically non existent. They do give you 2 days training to cover the legal stuff then you are on the floor. Everything is pretty well learn on the go. They do provide a great amount of online and product information, and you do get paid for doing it, if you can find time away from the – more... sales floor to get behind a computer for a bit.

Advancement. It is possible if you stay with the company for years or have some schooling to add to the job. Otherwise I wouldn't count on flying through the ranks. Being liked my management and the other Department Supervisors helps...a lot.

Credit. They are all about the credit card and expect everyone to get cards. They always talk about doing it in the best interest of the customers. Its not hard to do but at 28.8% interest, that's not in the best interest in my customers.

In the end, its a job. It pays the bills and if you work at it, it could become a career for some. All I can say is don't expect to be handed anything in that company. You have to work for it. – less
Close-minded
Sales associate (Former Employee), Montreal, QCApril 28, 2015
Poor close-minded overall job-culture. Little to no advancement opportunity and was basically terminated because of a job-related injury without advance notice.
Friendly and hard-working.
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee), Lethbridge, ABApril 28, 2015
Responsible for keeping goods stocked and tidy in the Seasonal department. Answered questions regarding product information. Learned about outdoor furniture and gardening product brands.
Management engaging. People where nice.
Hardest part of the job was large orders of building materials.
Most enjoyable part was the people who worked there.
Great learning opportunity
Sales Associate in Lumber and Building Materials (Former Employee), Ottawa, OnApril 27, 2015
Pros: Health benefits, free lunches, free prizes
Cons: Management
The Home Depot was like most retail jobs, except I learned a lot a applicable skills such as building a fence or a deck. The people there are very knowledgeable and are willing to teach others. The hardest part of the job was learning about all the products we carried and how they can be used for different situations. What I enjoyed most was working with my coworkers as a team, and the amount of knowledge I acquired.
Overall the job place was good, but the wage wasn't satisfy
Fulfillment Associate (Former Employee), Calgary, ABApril 27, 2015
Pros: Multi culture place
Cons: night shift
Sorting and stocking up store inventory with operation of a forklift
Accounting for storewide inventory on a daily basis
Unloading trucks and moving freight from receiving to designated staging areas

About Home Depot

The Home Depot is the global leader in home improvement and fourth largest retailer in the world. Providing superior customer – Read more