Home Depot Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Learnt alot from the Pit of Sharks
Pro Desk Associate (Former Employee), Etobicoke, ONFebruary 28, 2016
Pros: Friendly Customers
Cons: Not enough Hours
I used to call the Pro Desk a pit of sharks cause the Pro Desk Associates were always so serious... but that was until I was sent to work there, they turned out to be nice friendly sharks. They were vegetarians. I have learnt so much from them, Cause they shared their information and experiences with me. I didn't think I could learn so much information at once, they made their work and knowledge seem so easy and that they were their forever. Thank you Guys at the Home Depot at 7011 Pro Desk Guys/Sharks, but nice.
Coworkers are fun to work with, managment was a joke
freight associate (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABSeptember 29, 2015
My fellow employees where a blast to with, the management had a higher turn over of the company. There was too much people aiming to get other people fired just to advance there position even if the people getting fired where more experienced and doing an excellent job.

The pay for the kind of work i was doing was very imbalanced. i was getting higher pay wage than other retail stores but way less than other warehouse company's.
Productive, fun workplace
Delivery Coordinator (Former Employee), Cambridge, ONJuly 2, 2015
Pros: Free lunches, asset sharing program, benefits, fun workplace
Cons: some struggle with getting full hours
I found it easy to fit into the Home Depot team. Everyone was inviting and always looking to help. Would recommend to anyone I know
Top notch leadership and culture
SAP Functional Support Manager (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 1, 2016
One of the best managed companies with the best culture I have ever worked for.

Highlights
Collaborative
Great Employee Engagement
Outstanding Executives
Great IT Team
The most enjoyable parts of working in Home Depot
Head Cashier/HR Assistant (Current Employee), Calgary ABAugust 31, 2015
Pros: free lunches, safety measures always
Cons: none yet
It comes in 3 parts for me:

Learning: there is always room and opportunity for anyone who wants to learn and develop him/herself. The growth opportunity abound and is accessible.

Co-workers: these includes management. The friendship, warmth, support is very outstanding to say the least. And this has made the little politics and red tapes that may exist to be somewhat intangible.

Free food: The HR manager and the social committee are awesome. There is almost always something to eat or nibble on during breaks and lunch times.

All of these have made working in my organization easy and fun.
Acting Assistant Store Manager
ACTING ASSISTANT STORE MANAGER HOME DEPOT (Former Employee), Brampton, ONNovember 9, 2015
Pros: learning new skills
Cons: Push back from department supervisors
Assisted store manager to enhance specialty sales processes with a particular focus on kitchens and flooring.
Trained department supervisors on effective associate training, setting expectations, focusing on effective inventory, executing monthly special promotions on products and services.
Helped established a bi-monthly game plan for each department for sales, credit and installs.
Absolutely fun and flexible work place
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Eglington, ScarboroughMarch 28, 2016
In the last 6 months, I learnt entire job works and the managements are very much cooperative. Excellent team works. Nothing is hard of my job. Most enjoyable part of my job, my confidence and individually responsible to complete the job. No pressure of the job.
Good Job
Project coordinator/sales associate (Former Employee), Red Deer, ABJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: great benefits and lots of free lunchs
Cons: lack of teamwork
I worked and cross trained in many departments and enjoyed
learning them all.

A typical day for me was the dashboard and the installs.
I spent most of the day on the phone and resolving issues.
A very fast paced job and time management could become
an issue at times as the company was always cutting
positions. My biggest challenge was I was pulled in every
direction as I was trained in all aspects of the store. I was
doing a job that required three people to do previous so
frustration and no help became an issue. I believe the
management needs to be more hands on in all aspects
to serve the customers better.

Overall they were a good company to work for and they
do a lot for their employees. They have a great benefit
plan and do a lot for the community.
Operations Manager (ASM) (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABNovember 23, 2015
While the company looks after their associates the management is poorly trained, and expected to give up a consistent schedule to best fit the managers work/life balance.
Energetic and productive
Lot Associate (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBNovember 6, 2015
Pros: designated breaks, health insurance
Cons: Rude and/or confrontational customers
The Home Depot was never a dull place to work and the staff worked well together across all departments and formed good workplace relationships. Management was always available to listen and provide assistance or advice. The hardest part of the job was dealing with customers who were flat out rude or even confrontational. I learned how to engage customers in a dialogue so they knew I was paying attention to them and treating them with respect.
Fun working environment building the necessary skills to use in your every day life
Customer Service (Current Employee), Brampton, ONOctober 29, 2015
Pros: free training
Cons: high demanding
A typical day at the Home Depot customer service desk includes,
coming to work at 5:45 am (15 min before opening) printing out reports, completing the necessary steps to complete and file the reports. setting up deliveries, reconciling cash, speaking to management about orders, customers, complaints, issues.

What I have learnt working at Home Depot is the acronym
"F.I.R.S.T"
F-Find
I-Inquire
R-Respect
T-Thank
Follow these steps while helping any one and it will really help the interaction.

My co-workers at the Home Depot are more like a mini family. We bring each other up and support one another.

The hardest part of the job is having to delegate some of the tasks out to others because I am such a perfectionist that I think I can take on everything.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the co-workers as mentioned above they are more like a mini family, we share laughs, tears, and hard times. Some of the regular customers I have now become accustomed too and they are opening their lives up to me as well.
Not bad
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Brampton, ONJanuary 6, 2016
Good place to start your career.
Learn alot about products.
Learn to manage the department
Learn more about b2b sales.
Management isnt always the best
Best Job Security and Confidence in employment.
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Windsor, ONMarch 9, 2016
Pros: Job Security
Cons: Infrequent hours
This job is great for having exceptional work environment and enjoyable employees while still being able to exert professionalism and extreme care for their employees. Hours could be better.
Great Place to Work
Cashier/Merchandiser (Former Employee), Regina, SKFebruary 5, 2016
The Home Depot is a good place to work. Typical day at work is normal like every other cashier job elsewhere. Hardest part of the job is having to stand for extended hours and being moved from one register to another. Great co-workers but advancement in the company is directed to a selected few!
Great Enviroment
Delivery Associate (Former Employee), St. Catharines, ONMarch 8, 2016
Pros: Equality and Integrity
Cons: Not full time positions.
This was my very first job working in for a company in Canada and that experiences allowed me to integrate and understand more about the Canadian workplace culture. Realizing and understanding more about the adaption and integration into the Canadian workforce.
an interesting problem or scenario always around the corner
PRO DESK AND LUMBER ASSOCIATE (Current Employee), Sherwood Park, ABMarch 2, 2016
Pros: small town/ familial environment
Cons: scheduling sometimes inconvenient
typically, my day alternates between customer service, building project estimates, picking orders, operating machinery, and various other tasks. Everything I know of civilian construction was learned here from generic construction practices to woodwork and concrete work. The most enjoyable part of is solving various problems.
Best retail job I had
Inventory Management Associate (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMay 3, 2015
Pros: Benefits, work environment
Cons: Management, pay
I worked in grocery stores when I was younger, but this job was way better. I enjoyed most aspects of this job, my co-workers were great. Management was below average, but about as good as retail gets. Pay was average, but good benefits.
Fun place to work
Cashier (Former Employee), Woodbridge, ONMarch 12, 2016
Pros: Learning new things
Cons: you wil get tired of eating subway
If your a person that likes to learn new things and have a positive attitude it is an enjoyable place to work. Management from all departments worked well with most employees which was good to see.
Productive and fun place to work as partime. Very flexiblae with hours
Sales Associate and Key Holder (Former Employee), Brampton, ONFebruary 22, 2016
Management was at most very good, and having to deal with customers was probably the hardest thing to this job because hey always want things asap. Co-workers very friendly but some just lazy.
A great workplace for startups
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Current Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 5, 2016
Pros: Success Sharing
A very friendly working environment with many advantages and various things to learn for our day to day life.
The management is very supportive and helps with all our queries and resolves ant issues regarding our work if any.
Links