Home Depot

Home Depot Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great store
SALES (Former Employee), Bluffton, SCAugust 12, 2014
This store has a great management staff and everyone is a team player at this store!!
Human Resources Supervisor
Associate Support Department Supervisor (Current Employee), Newnan, GAAugust 12, 2014
I manager over 130 associates. I handle phone screens, new hire orientations, training, scheduling, town hall meetings, staffing concerns and customer service
Fun place to work
Department Supervisor (Former Employee), Scarborough, ONAugust 12, 2014
Pros: free bbq's and sometimes managers bonding lunches
The Home Depot was a fun place to work especially at nights. We will do BBQ's for the associates and sometimes we would all go to breakfast after work in the mornings. Overall i had a great experience there
Fun, fast paced environment
Operations Department Manager/ Key Carrier (Current Employee), Fairlawn, OHAugust 12, 2014
Pros: great management experience, fun, challenging.
Cons: low wages continue to get lower for new hires
Good job, salary management puts their position on a pedestal and keep it out of reach to hourly supervisors. Takes more experience than necessary to advance. Otherwise great coworkers and great culture.
great learning environment
Customer Service Representative/Cashier (Former Employee), Staten Island, NYAugust 12, 2014
Taught me a lot about work ethic and home improvement . i enjoyed learning about the different departments in the store.
Learned alot about the company
Accounting and Office Clerk (Former Employee), Houston, TexasAugust 12, 2014
Good company to work for, but they need better onsite management
to treat their employee's with respect.
good job
lead sales (Former Employee), ft myers flAugust 12, 2014
customer service, helping customers with their installation needs
Job for High School
Lot Associate (Former Employee), Morrison, COAugust 12, 2014
Pros: frequent breaks
Cons: lots of computer training
I would arrive at Home Depot and would organize the carts in and around the store, help people load heavy items into their cars, and sometimes help direct customers to the products in the store. What I learned there was how to treat customers and to not to pretend to know the answer to a customers question, it is always alright to ask a co-worker for – more... help. The management wasn't very nice to me or the other young employees, I never felt like I truly had their respect. The people that I worked with were very nice though, and were always willing to lend a hand. The hardest part of my job was making sure enough carts were available on a busy day. The best part of my job would have to be the friendly, joking environment of the break room. – less
Excellent rapport with co-workers
warehouse associate (Current Employee), Peoria, AzAugust 12, 2014
Pros: no benefits on a part time job
Cons: nowhere to advance
No chance for advancement or transfer. Work with great co-workers over the past four years but there is nowhere to go.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Lancaster, PAAugust 12, 2014
The Home Depot is a great place to work part-time while attending college. They wage is low, but the interactions with the customers as well as other employees is wonderful. Job security does not exist.
Good entry level company to work for
Service Desk Manager (Former Employee), OakviilleAugust 12, 2014
Varied work experiences available. Good training. Not a lot in the way of career advancement. Salary is possibly competitive, but seems stagnant given the changes in the market.
Reliable place of employment
Cashier/Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Marietta, GeorgiaAugust 11, 2014
I enjoy interacting with customers everyday. I am always given the opportunity each day to help someone with a smile. I have learned to adapt to many different roles and to multitasks while setting different goals for myself. They have excellent benefits that I was able to utilize.
Healthy work environment and friendly co-workers
Cashier/Garden Associate (Current Employee), Tustin, CAAugust 11, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: healthcare
A typical day involves giving customers home improvement advice and ringing up customers. Ive learned excellent communication skills and how to work in a team. The management is reasonable and run things in an intelligent manner. My co-workers are the friendliest group of people Ive been around. The hardest part of the job is when customers seek very – more... specific home improvement advice that is beyond the scope of my expertise.The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to give customers the advice they need to make home improvements. – less
Its Ok
Sr.IT Developer (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAAugust 11, 2014
Its OK to work at THD but not that great. Have to learn home depot customized frameworks for all the standard frameworks that are available on the market.
Values to live by outside of work
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Port Saint Lucie, FLAugust 11, 2014
Working for the homedepot taught many values that could be used in everyday life. The job was very enjoyable and a typical day only left you with smiles. Management had its good and bad. Working in a huge store there were many personalities and we as humans cannot get along with them all. Over all great experience and the job taught alot and helped – more... refresh some old knowledge with new tricks. – less
Productive, very enjoyable, high stress and customer account management.
Account Specialist/ Sales (Current Employee), 92630August 11, 2014
Productive, very enjoyable, high stress and customer account management.
fun place to work, quick advancement
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Loveland, COAugust 11, 2014
Pros: fun interaction with customers, benefits available to part time associates
Cons: no full time work with set hours at the time
I really enjoyed working for Home Depot and was looking for a full time career with set hours, which at the time, they were unable to provide. this is a great place to work if you don't mind working any time they need you. Hard to manage your work and home life.
Great Place to Work
Operations/Freight Team Associate (Current Employee), Richmond, VAAugust 11, 2014
On any given day you have an opportunity to engage with individuals from all walks of life. You have an opportunity to learn first hand about home improvements, products and services. Management is very open and honest. The job isn't difficult at all. The most enjoyable part of my job is working and spending time with my co-workers.
help assist customers
Overnight Merchandising (Former Employee), Baton Rouge, LAAugust 11, 2014
Pros: pay rate
help with driving of sales. use of forklift and mobile pallet jack.
A great work place to learn and meet new people
Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Township of South Brunswick, NJAugust 11, 2014
Well i have learned alot from this job I have made alot of great people and i may also say that my co worker at this job was so supportive i really learned alot there a great place to work with great people.

About Home Depot

The Home Depot is the global leader in home improvement and fourth largest retailer in the world. Providing superior customer – Read more