Home Depot

16.5K reviews

Home Depot Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Acting Assistant Store Manager
ACTING ASSISTANT STORE MANAGER HOME DEPOT (Former Employee), Brampton, ONNovember 9, 2015
Pros: learning new skills
Cons: Push back from department supervisors
Assisted store manager to enhance specialty sales processes with a particular focus on kitchens and flooring.
Trained department supervisors on effective associate training, setting expectations, focusing on effective inventory, executing monthly special promotions on products and services.
Helped established a bi-monthly game plan for each department for sales, credit and installs.
Excellent environment
Kitchen Specialist (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABNovember 9, 2015
- always a joy to be at work on a daily basis, co-workers were quite amazing to work with
- when I had no idea about certain items or didnt have an answer for a question I was always able to find someone to help give me more info
moved
HEAD CASHIER (Former Employee), Oakville, ONNovember 9, 2015
I love working in Home depot. It was fun to work with staff and customers. but we moved and I start working in Rona. I was head cashier at home depot, My job was to provide fast and friendly service to customers.help customers to shop in save manners.listen to customers complaints and try to solve it
Too much focus on credit
Head Cashier (Current Employee), Kingston, ONNovember 8, 2015
Pros: Benefits, nice break room, flexible hours
Cons: short staffed, under appreciated
I enjoy working at The Home Depot, although a lot of times I do feel under appreciated by my management team. I feel they put a lot of enforcement on credit card goals, when thats only a small part of the over all job at hand. sometimes, its more important to please the customer and ensure that they will be returning, rather than trying to score a new credit card.
Energetic and productive
Lot Associate (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBNovember 6, 2015
Pros: designated breaks, health insurance
Cons: Rude and/or confrontational customers
The Home Depot was never a dull place to work and the staff worked well together across all departments and formed good workplace relationships. Management was always available to listen and provide assistance or advice. The hardest part of the job was dealing with customers who were flat out rude or even confrontational. I learned how to engage customers in a dialogue so they knew I was paying attention to them and treating them with respect.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 4, 2015
Good working environment, friendly coworkers and managers. I worked on an EPJ Transporting good to specific areas. overall I liked it.
Not enough help
SEASONAL DEPARTMENT ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), Langford, BCNovember 3, 2015
Working at The Home Depot in Langford was not the greatest work experience. There is little to no communication, almost no hands on training, little time for online training, and lies all around. There were some great people to work with while some were not the most welcoming.
Life at Home Depot
Cashier (Current Employee), Markham, ONNovember 2, 2015
It's fun working at The Home Depot. When I first started working here, I didn't know what to expect. Four years in and I still can't believe how far I have come as a person. I never use to like talking to random people, but being a cashier forces you to do that. Talking to strangers and having a full out conversation about nothing is amazing! Knowing that you are giving your 100% best to the customer and making sure they are satisfied before they leave the store is what I love best about working here!
Departmnt Supervisor Freight/ Receiving BIA (Former Employee), Charlottetown, PENovember 2, 2015
Friendly atmosphere good cooperation between management and staff
Heavily involved in community projects.
Friendly environment.
Engineer Analyst (Current Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 1, 2015
Pros: Friendly environment, Supportive management, great events.
Cons: Don't have training for the beginners, there are alots of usefull documents on share drive, and share point. but there is no source or library to find them.
I did my internship at The home Depot and I have to say It was a great opportunity for me,The most enjoyable part of the job was the challenges that my team and me were going through to solve the problems since the Rapid Deployment Centre is the first RDC that THD has opened in Canada. I learned a lot since there were a lots of opportunities to find in each area (Inbound, Processing and Outbound) and find the best solution for each opportunity.

Slotting in preparation for Holiday and Spring events was my favorite project. I analyzed the quantities and dimensions of Holiday and Spring articles, then calculated optimal storage locations and pick paths.
Strong culture and great core values
Sales Associate/management trainee (Current Employee), Brampton, ONOctober 29, 2015
Pros: Great people and Culture
Cons: Very demanding, Stressfull
Home Depot is a largest and most successful home improvement company in world for good reasons. Emphasis is always placed on the customers and the Home Depot associate take pride in providing great customer service. There is allot of room to grow your career at the Home Depot, and both part time and full time associate receive numerous employment benefits. The home Depot is an all round round great company and it provides associate with a great work experience everyday.
Fun working environment building the necessary skills to use in your every day life
Customer Service (Current Employee), Brampton, ONOctober 29, 2015
Pros: free training
Cons: high demanding
A typical day at the Home Depot customer service desk includes,
coming to work at 5:45 am (15 min before opening) printing out reports, completing the necessary steps to complete and file the reports. setting up deliveries, reconciling cash, speaking to management about orders, customers, complaints, issues.

What I have learnt working at Home Depot is the acronym
"F.I.R.S.T"
F-Find
I-Inquire
R-Respect
T-Thank
Follow these steps while helping any one and it will really help the interaction.

My co-workers at the Home Depot are more like a mini family. We bring each other up and support one another.

The hardest part of the job is having to delegate some of the tasks out to others because I am such a perfectionist that I think I can take on everything.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the co-workers as mentioned above they are more like a mini family, we share laughs, tears, and hard times. Some of the regular customers I have now become accustomed too and they are opening their lives up to me as well.
THD is a great company to work for.
Fulfillment Associate (Current Employee), Kitchener, ONOctober 26, 2015
There are many benefits to working at THD, but my favorite is the diversity of the people that work there coming together to achieve goals that lead to greatness. Whether there as a part-time student or as a full-time associate you have a home with Home Depot.
meting no people everyday. learned a lot. management was great to work with. co-work were good.meting new people.working with good people.
Associate in Lumber and Building Material (Former Employee), Sarnia, ONOctober 23, 2015
Pros: extra spending money
had no real bad experiences. The co-workers were very friendly and welcoming when I first started. The environment was very home like. Staff made it feel this way.
Fun Place to WOrk
Pro Cashier ,Returns Cashier (Former Employee), Sarnia, ONOctober 22, 2015
Pros: Discounts
Cons: Was none
Everyday was a Pleasure to come in.The manager was outstanding personable and easy to work for.The Company Supported their Employers providing flexibility in shifts holidays
great place to work
Full Time Lead (Former Employee), Charlottetown, PEOctober 21, 2015
Pros: great company to work for
Cons: concrete floor
lead associate in Tools, hardware, and Seasonal Departments. Providing customer service, support to other associates and management. packing out merchandise, building displays and other related duties.
Productice and Enjoyable
Plumbing/Electrical Sales Associate (Former Employee), Airdrie, ABOctober 21, 2015
Productive and Enjoyable, great team environment. Flexible, provides good work / life balance. Supportive management.
Lots to learn, little to gain once you do...do not care for employees
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONOctober 20, 2015
Pros: Work Relationships
Cons: Bad management, low pay, small raises, ruthless with giving hours.
They will use you up and pay you less than the new people and it is just a revolving door of employees. Not learning your job very well is an asset here.
Great organization with great benefits
Cashier (Current Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 20, 2015
Pros: friendly environment
Cons: wearing safety shoes
Great place to work for. Lots of special events held for staff, like barbecue at least 3-4 times a year. Free kids and Adults workshop.
Fun coworkers, excellent customers.
Cashier, Greeter (Current Employee), Shawnessy, CalgaryOctober 20, 2015
In the time I have been at Home Depot, i have learned a lot of values for having excellent customer service, seeing potential theft threats and preventing them from happening and how people work. The best part of a typical work day is getting to see the wonderful people I get to work with as well as the customers that come into the store.
Industry