Home Depot Employee Reviews in Canada

Found 1,172 reviews matching the search
Not what was promised.
Contractor Services,Estimator (Former Employee) –  Sydney, NSMarch 17, 2016
Full time hours,no benefits.Have you work full time and keep you on the books as part time so they do not have to give you benefits!~
good starting company
Lumber Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMarch 17, 2016
staff is amazing, always friendly and willing to give a helping hand. Management seems to not care about you. Customers can be a pain.
Fun and fulfilling but little room for advancement
Paint Associate (Current Employee) –  Whitby, ONMarch 16, 2016
The environment is great, parties and meetings are genuinely fun. Management is warm and understanding of personal issues. Scheduling is fair and usually made up to 3 weeks in advance, which is very nice and hours are generally good. Pay is competitive and benefits are as well. All-in-all a great place to work, my only complaint would be the lack of room for advancement. Due to the high number of people who stay past retiring age, I've found that there is little room to advance your position unless you are making a life long commitment to the company. That being said, students can cross train in different departments for more hours, which is also nice.
Pros
Fun environment, good management
Cons
Lack of room for advancement
Part time work but with benefits
CASHIER (Current Employee) –  Milton, ONMarch 15, 2016
Good place to start entry level job and gain experience. Accepts diversity in culture and has good training for employees.
good
Specialty Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBMarch 15, 2016
great place to learn and to work. fantastic. A great place to broaden your knowledge of building, and building materials.
Easy but somtimes boring place to work
Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 15, 2016
Days go by very slow co-workers were great nothing difficult about the job best part of the job is communicating with customers
Pros
great hours
Cons
bad wages
enjoyable work place
Lumber Associate (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ONMarch 15, 2016
I learned a lot while working at HD, I just feel my skill set was a little higher than they had expected and we were not able to agree in some areas.
dull place
Supply Chain Associate (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ONMarch 13, 2016
poor leadership, they use intimidation to put fear in workers. Finding the right person for your business is a crucial decision that hinges on the way you search for, select and interview potential applicants.
Pros
good hours
Cons
poor leadership
good place to work
Cashier Sale Associate (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ONMarch 13, 2016
alot of the time not enough hours. besides that home depot often pays a lot of attention to the consumers of the products as well as all the staff involved
Fun place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, ONMarch 12, 2016
If your a person that likes to learn new things and have a positive attitude it is an enjoyable place to work. Management from all departments worked well with most employees which was good to see.
Pros
Learning new things
Cons
you wil get tired of eating subway
Retail Job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 12, 2016
It was a basic retail job. Nothing special. Management was friendly but not extremely reliable. Shifts were horrible though due to under staffing.
Fun
Phone Sales/Cash Office (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BCMarch 12, 2016
Over all a fun place to work, depending on where you were. Its beeon a long time ago, so its vague on how it was. I was there for set up of store so it was interesting
It was alright
Overnight stock associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMarch 10, 2016
It was alright. I loved my boss, and the coworkers there. It was pretty fun at times. Lifted and moved some heavy things which was not too bad. Had to utilize a few power equipment at times. Then had to overlook some of the projects that were going on while the store was going through a major overnight renovation.
Pros
great group of workers there
Cons
overnight
Best Job Security and Confidence in employment.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ONMarch 9, 2016
This job is great for having exceptional work environment and enjoyable employees while still being able to exert professionalism and extreme care for their employees. Hours could be better.
Pros
Job Security
Cons
Infrequent hours
Great Enviroment
Delivery Associate (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ONMarch 8, 2016
This was my very first job working in for a company in Canada and that experiences allowed me to integrate and understand more about the Canadian workplace culture. Realizing and understanding more about the adaption and integration into the Canadian workforce.
Pros
Equality and Integrity
Cons
Not full time positions.
Productive and Enjoyable
Lot Associate (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ONMarch 8, 2016
Approaching customers who may need help loading product into vehicles. I building relationships with customers by being the first and last contact they have when shopping at the store.
awesome place to work and the people are even better
Flooring associate (Former Employee) –  Markham, ONMarch 7, 2016
this is by far my favourite place i have worked in my entire job career the employees are awesome made some great friends there that i will keep for ever when ever i go back to buy something its like i never left and everyone makes me feel like its my second home
Home Depot
Head Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONMarch 5, 2016
Service the public as a cashier, offering customer solutions for their problems or finding products with the store and filling the Home Depot customer service standards.
productive and fun workplace
Lot Associate (Current Employee) –  7350 120 St, Surrey, BC V3W 3M9March 5, 2016
My job at Home Depot is very straight forward with everyday customer service skills being used as well as lifting heavy products for customers. In Home Depot I've learned a lot about products and different area or work such as flooring and renovating washrooms to learning about different soils and landscaping techniques.
Excellent experience
Floor Associate Home Decor and Flooring (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 4, 2016
I would work at Home Depot again if I got hired
Environment is very fair
Hours were good
Friendly seniors
I like the product selections
Ease of machinery use