Home Depot
9,218 reviews

Home Depot Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fast Paced Environment
Special Services/Tool Rental Associate (Current Employee), DowningtownJuly 17, 2014
Pros: great benfits
Cons: everything else
Don't work too hard for Home Depot, you will find that they take advantage of it without any more compensation or advancement available. The employees are congenial and the atmosphere seems welcoming until you work there for at least 90 days.
Great place with great people
Cashier (Current Employee), Meadville, PAJuly 17, 2014
Being a Cashier I stand on my feet for several hours at a time. I wait on customers and check them out at the register. I also process return transactions. I assist customers when i'm not checking out their order.
Great people to work with, everyone has value
Garden Associate (Former Employee), Surprise, AZJuly 17, 2014
Busy enviorment, dealing with customers was fun and helping people with their projects was very rewarding. Management was Great, and willing to help with sechudles. My coworkers were just like me and very friendly. Learning new products was interesting and sometimes difficult to remember all the changes or upgrades but amazing to see all the tech. behind – more... the changes.If you can get a job there would recomend it. – less
It is a great place to get started.
RECEIVING ASSOCIATE/HEAD (Current Employee), HattiesburgJuly 16, 2014
I have learned many economical abilities working at the Home Depot under different managers and department heads.
Department Supervisor
Department Supervisor (Current Employee), Ogden, UtahJuly 16, 2014
Pros: great stock options
Cons: health insurance is very expensive
Typical day includes pack down (stocking shelves), pulling orders, assisting customers, managing department associates
Enjoyable to come to work everyday. Learn something new each day.
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Aurora, COJuly 16, 2014
Pros: friendly work environment, close to home
Cons: healthcare price, no employee discount
Each day I'd assist customer with their needs in ordering products not sold in the store. I learned inventory, stocking & product knowledge for a wide variety of products. The management team was friendly with most of all the associates & my co-workers & I worked together very well.
Great job with promotion opportunities
Sales Associate/Team Lead (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAJuly 16, 2014
Pros: success sharing
Cons: management
Home Depot has a flexible schedule for part-time employees, also they offer promotion opportunities through hard work and dedication. I have learned almost everything there is to know about the business and what it takes to get to the next level in my career. The hardest part of the job would be dealing with work politics and how to adjust to different – more... work related environments and constant change within the company. The most enjoyable part about the job are the success sharing parties. – less
Fun learning job, low hours.
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Grand Prairie, TXJuly 16, 2014
Pros: fun, friendly staff. team oriented
Cons: part-time preference. often understaffed
Started off working as a cashier, finally after a whole year was promoted to the sales floor to the kitchen&bath department.

So far after six months of being on the floor I've learned a lot about our products and services. Training could be better, but its a learn as you go type of job mostly.

Management is ok, only downfall with working for The Home – more... Depot is the lack oh hours! Which is a major downfall. If you are hired as a full-time then you must have some good connections.

What I most like about this company is the opportunity to learn to drive lift equiptment. – less
Loved IT
Garden Sales Associate (Former Employee), Troutdale, ORJuly 16, 2014
Pros: everything
Cons: nothing
Everything was great here. Great staff, great bosses, great pay, and plenty of room to advance!!!!
Productive workplace
Merchandiser/Customer Service (Former Employee), Denver, COJuly 16, 2014
On Daily received daily projects to have completed by the end of the shift. Consists of Reseting bays to remove old products that have been reduced to clearance and to put in the new products. Relabel with new price labels and New tags for new products. Scan bay with store handheld phone to put new product into the stores system.
ok place
Merchandising Associate (Former Employee), Woodstock, ONJuly 16, 2014
Pros: long lunches
Cons: management
easy work, can be fast paced environment but overall satisfactory
excellent compant to work for
Merchandising Execution Associate (Former Employee), Greater Sacramento Area, CAJuly 16, 2014
Overall an excellent company to work for. Plenty of room for advancement, and fair pay.
Productive and fun environment with laid back associates and co-workers
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Douglasville, GaJuly 16, 2014
Very productive and fun environment with laid back associates, co-workers, and even customers.
Easy and fun environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Florence, SCJuly 16, 2014
A typical day would be started very early from contractors coming in buying all kinds of equipment. I learned about several different power tools and wood. Management was ok. The co-workers helped to assist in areas you did not have much knowledge about. The hardest part of the job was not knowing about certain tools and products if a guest asked for – more... it. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with different customers. – less
Great company to work for
Department Supervisor-Garden (Former Employee), Brunswick, GAJuly 16, 2014
Pros: upper management cares about you
Cons: trying to give that customer service with a thin schedule of coverage
For being a very large company, Home Depot treated their associates, at all levels, very well. Always concerned about their situations. Willing to help with a lot of different options. They always try to be fair with all associates. Home Depot was involved with matters of health and well being. The highest standards of customer service for a home improvement – more... business that I have ever been involved in. – less
Busy
Cashier (Former Employee), Brentwood, TNJuly 16, 2014
Pros: benefits for full time employees
Cons: hard to transition to full time
There is always lots of work to do as a cashier at home depot just pray you don take up this job in the summer like I did. I worked in the garden where it was hot and the outside fan didn't work. Ofcourse this is the time when everyone wants to shop in the garden as well.
Productive and fun workplace
Head Cashier/Paint Sales Associate (Current Employee), Dickson City, PAJuly 15, 2014
Pros: vacation and personal hours
Cons: insurance
I most enjoy working in a team with my co-workers to provide excellent customer service.
productive
Machine Operator (Current Employee), VAJuly 15, 2014
Pros: uniforms . bonus
Cons: short breaks. no ac. hot fans
my job is decent. always have lots of work to do but its productive and keeps me focused. the hardest part of the job is putting up with the heat. I've learned how to use different types of machines. my co-workers all get along and fun. management is decent and the best part of the job is day when the warehouse is cool and not blazing.
Easy, interesting co-workers and customers,
Cashier (Former Employee), Flagstaff, AZJuly 15, 2014
Pros: co-workers, working outside, the smell of the lumber
Cons: rude customers
Worked mornings, had 2 breaks and a lunch break. The first week consisted of online training and hands on training with registers and getting the feel for the store. Management was helpful during the training process and made sure everyone was on point with the quota. Hardest part of the job was, forgetting where certain items in the store were and – more... not knowing the specifics about the product. – less
Over night
Receiving Associate (Former Employee), Strongsville, OHJuly 15, 2014
I worked on the overnight freight team. Since the store was closed, it was a real laid back environment. As long as we got out work done, then management had no problems with us.

About Home Depot

The Home Depot is an American retailer of home improvement, construction products and services. The Home Depot operates 2,248 – Read more