Home Depot
12,669 reviews

Home Depot Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
My current job is something i like just not as a career
pack down crew (Former Employee), edmonton albertaMarch 12, 2015
My typical day at work is, me coming in 15 min early. Putting my boots on grabbing my scanner checking the pack down list and start to restock the shelves by the list. As im doing that my manager will let me know if any new stock has came in and ill deal with that as well as my list on a daily routine.
Helped teach how to do small in home repairs
Flooring and Decor associate (Former Employee), MississaugaMarch 10, 2015
Pros: lack of management
Cons: harsh work environment
Sales floor usually slow. Learned how to do small in home repairs. Lack of management presence in the sales floor. Associates must rely on each other for guidance. Work environment is harsh, a lot of climbing and lifting required for all assoctiates. A lot of downtime to walk around the store.
Excellent staff with great customer service.
Lumber Associate (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMarch 7, 2015
As a lumber associate I dealt with a lot of heavy lifting and big machinery, such as forklifts. I did not mind either of these. I thought they were both very educational and rewarding, especially learning all of the safety protocols around operating a forklift.
On a typical day I would complete lumber orders and help customers with their needs in store.
It was a lighthearted working environment, but also stressful at times. However I believe that this will make me a better worker in high stress situations in the future.
Great company to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Langley, BCMarch 7, 2015
Very strict recruiting process, great training, amazing coworkers, schedule is very variable and salary is competitive, great opportunities for growing in the long term.
Good company but no training
Store Manager Human Resources (Former Employee), EdmontonMarch 5, 2015
Pros: good company environment
Cons: no training
Good Company but no training. reduce to much the staff so it's hard to serve costumers. the pay and benefits are ok. the lack of direction make the employees get frustrated and that make the customer service low
Very enjoyable place of employment
Customer Service Associate / Head Cashier (Former Employee), Lloydminster, ABMarch 5, 2015
Pros: benefits, people, workload
I really enjoyed my job at The Home Depot. The people were great, the work was great, there was a lot to learn, and if I had not had to leave, I would still be enjoying my employment there.
no fun
Contractor Services (Former Employee), ANCASTER, ONMarch 4, 2015
this place will take over you life and drain al your life from you fast as you turn into an orange zombie and serve rude customers when they can find you
Productive environment, and very well organized
Cashier (Former Employee), Quebec City, QCMarch 4, 2015
-Check promotions, and get to post.
-Learned a lot about Customer service, because of their FIRST program, the client is FIRST always and he has to be pleased with our service and find what he needs.
-Great management, everything very well organized, schedules 3 weeks in advance, great relationship with bosses, friendly environment and fun.
-Good relationship with co-workers.
Community of customer service
Customer Service Representative (Part time) (Former Employee), Vaughan, ONMarch 2, 2015
Pros: food event
Cons: physical work
The community of worker are very friend, but the work load can sometime be very tiring. The time manage is very planned, and everyone have to relied on their other co- worker to show up and cover the floor.
Excellent Customer Service Rep with experience in misc industries
Customer Service Representative/Cashier (Current Employee), Brampton, ONMarch 2, 2015
Typical day at work starts at 9am. I learn handling different customers, their inquiries, experience taking care of their different problems, requests. Interact with the management and submit daily reports.

Work in an excellent team culture where everyone helps their peer colleagues. The hardest part is handling sometimes irate customers. But at the end, helping their issue get resolved is the most enjoyable part of the job
Good bunch of people to work with.
Cashier/Lumber Door Cashier (Current Employee), Courtenay, BCMarch 1, 2015
Great benefits.
Good people.
Happy atmosphere.
Very busy establishment.
Customer oriented.
Very helpful staff.
The store is expanding and getting a make over.
A good place too meet people and learn
Serving as Flooring and Décor Specialty Associate (Current Employee), Lethbridge, ABFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: hour long lunches
Cons: crazy turn-over rate
I really enjoy working with people, so much so that I gained my own personal group of clients that request me. I love learning, fact checking, and stretching around to know more about other departments in the store. I like helping my co-workers and being aware of where the day should be headed (i.e: Schedules, lunch breaks, etc..).

Unfortunately, the management neglects to follow their own rules. They leave dangerous areas unlocked, and never answer the help phone. The support from the management team is lacking.

Advancement is non-existent if you are already good at your job. They won't allow you to stretch out and learn more areas if they feel you are needed in your primary department, and since staffing is never certain or up to par, you will always be needed. You will go whole days without any support, 8 hour shifts with no help.

The hardest part about working there is the amount of back-biting from associates and managers alike. Things like "there is a firing coming soon" or "I won't allow anymore people like that in my department" are common place.

It is a mixture of delight and frustration.

I am sorry to say.
Heavy lifting, customer service, recieving, busy
Lot, and Fulfilment Associate (Former Employee), Brockville, ONFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: all ways kept busy, i personally liked helping customers find excatly what they were looking for, driving forktrucks, active job, part time benifets
Cons: lack of training, hard to get any advancements, early mornings 5 am start time, to frequent change in employees and management, low wages
A typical day world start off with doing all the safety checklists for any and all equipment for example - ladders, life equipment like forklifts and reach trucks, sliding power doors and any other safety equipment and power equipment. following this I would collect missing product reports and was responsible for finding any lost product throughout the store. Unloading any incoming product shipments into the receiving area. After products were received delivering product to correct departments for product placement. Product placement. Keeping the parking lot clean and professional looking at all times as well as loading customer purchases into there vehicle's. Gathering any customer orders for deliveries and finally customer service. The most enjoyable part of this job has to be always having something to keep you busy and occupied for during the shift.
Productive work setting with lots to learn
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee), Markham, OntarioFebruary 24, 2015
Focussing on customer service, inventory management, and sales. A busy work atmosphere with lots of skills to be learned. Diverse work force with motivated management.
A great sense of frienship and equality
Cashier (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: management always made sure you had your scheduled breaks through your shift
My typical day at work at the Home Depot was always fun, happy and enjoyable. I learned how to work under high pressure during the busy season. The management team at Home Depot was great, they were very kind and understanding to all their employees. My co-workers and I got along great, there was never a dull moment during a typical work day. We were always making new friends with employees every day. The hardest part of the job would have been that during my employment at Home Depot, I was due to have a baby and during my pregnancy it was difficult for me to stand up for long periods due to my swelling and high blood pressure. The most enjoyable part of the job was that everyone always got along with each other, and that the customers were always so kind to each and every associate, for the most part.
awsoem lunch room
Co-op Student (Former Employee), Burlington, ONFebruary 22, 2015
picking orders helping customers
learned alot about building supplies and how to build decks and rooms
management leaves you alone unless needed
great people to work with
Supposedly a team orientated workplace
Lot Associate (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCFebruary 20, 2015
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: too many to count
Except for a select few good managers who actually care the others are doing a very poor job or are deciding to make everyone's day a misery and it comes to question how they ever got the job.
good work environment, friendly, safe
Merchandiser (Former Employee), Collingwood, OntarioFebruary 20, 2015
Pros: good work environment, safe, friendly, reliable
Cons: long hours
I worked night shifts and the one thing I learned was I do not enjoy working night shifts. However it was a good company to work for, very friendly and overall good work environment. the work day/night was very straight forward, two small breaks throughout the shift. employees get to interact with each other and do work at the same time.
good
Lot Attendant (Former Employee), Burnaby, BCFebruary 20, 2015
A lot of customers are in your face and will not take no for an answer, having to keep your cool is a must.
There are a lot of products you will have to know and the area as well
Don't expect to pay your bills with this job
Night freight team associate (Current Employee), Thunder BayFebruary 20, 2015
Pros: some free food
Cons: no hours unpredictable shifts
I'm a night shift associate. I absolutely love my job and would love to keep it. I am working in the slow season now where all part time employees at night are getting one shift a week or in my case less. I keep getting told it will get better but it has been months. All that is offered by home depot is daytime customer service jobs at not much more time than I have. Its a great place to work and when I started I had a reliable 4 days a week but they do not support you as a valued team member when it means they will lose a dime. I have been very disappointed by the company.

About Home Depot

The Home Depot is the global leader in home improvement and fourth largest retailer in the world. Providing superior customer – Read more