Home Depot

• Stocking the shelves
  • See more...
well balnced job
cashier (Current Employee) –  Collingwood, ONNovember 27, 2015
decent hours for part time has befits as a part timer. good for older person looking for something to do. can get you by during perk seasons but slows in winter for most to need second job
Pros
benfits for part tome
Cons
slow winters
I find Home Depot an excellent place to work. there are lots of different benifits working at Home Depot.
Vault Associate (Current Employee) –  Bracebridge, ONNovember 27, 2015
Everyone at Home Depot is easy to get along with and is very helpful to their co-worker. all you have to do is ask for help and you have it
Pros
Often have lunchs, have birthday cakes, along with many other benifits that come with the job
Cons
I love my position I am in, but it is not a full time position.
baseball
customer service (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONNovember 26, 2015
taking care of customer and making then happen after along day at work. I love my job because I to take care of customer it's great place to work there is opportunit
enjoyable
CO-OP student (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONNovember 24, 2015
Helped customers, Stocked shelves. Working with co-workors as a co-op student was enjoyable. Overall Home Depot was a great place to spend my co-op class at.
Pros
Good Co-workers
Operations Manager (ASM) (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABNovember 23, 2015
While the company looks after their associates the management is poorly trained, and expected to give up a consistent schedule to best fit the managers work/life balance.
People
cashier (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, ABNovember 22, 2015
Things can get hectic around the holidays but having great people to work with can help calm your nerves and get you through anything.
The people there make you feel really welcomed and comfortable.
Pros
great people to work with
Cons
Standing 8 hours straight
no day is the same
Sales and Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  woodbridgeNovember 22, 2015
punch in and go to your department. find out what needs to be done . help customers and clean department. put away inventory restock shelves and move inventory to fill locations and packdown all over stock.
Pros
retail inviroment
Cons
open 7 days a week for long hours
Fun yet difficult work.
Paint Department Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABNovember 20, 2015
Working at The Home Depot was an experience I will treasure for the rest of my life. A typical day started depending on what hour you arrived at work, for starting shifts you would have to check and clean the paint machines and then do safety equipment checks, you would then also restock the shelves throughout the day. I learned quite a bit about paints and what works best for each project, also how to mix and apply paints properly for the best outcome. Management was alright, but it was difficult to find a supervisor when needed and they sometimes cared less about any issues you where having. The hardest part of the job was the hours, they management wasn't very flexible if you needed to switch a shift and the hours where very hectic with not stability.
Pros
Choice of hour or half hour lunch
Cons
Unorginzied for breaks, supervision was minimal.
Sales Associate
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BCNovember 18, 2015
good training awesome team leaders and co workers poor hours not enough breaks do to it is mentally straining work not enough pay . If you have time and you are looking for other job. This is the best place part timers.
Pros
you will learn new things
Cons
less pay
Great part time job
Paint Associate (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABNovember 17, 2015
A typical day is filled with many different opportunities to help customers complete their projects. I have learned so much about painting, staining, and home improvement related projects. My co-workers were great at helping me learn all I needed to know. The most enjoyable part of the job is helping people create a home they love.
Pros
Team atmosphere
Cons
Irregular hours
High Turn Over
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New Minas, NSNovember 17, 2015
The Management at the store I worked at did not know the meaning of communication. The Store Manager was nice but spent too much time in his office. The HR Manager has no sweet clue how to do her job or who to send you to in order to get your question answered.
Cons
Co-workers, Management, Lack of Hours
Don't work at Home Depot
Department Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Regina, SKNovember 16, 2015
I loved my job as Supervisor in Millwork at this store.
I was in a Specialty Department and we had lots of misinformation given to us to order windows or doors. Now, It usually takes 4 or 5 weeks to get a special order. After this time people would be yelling at me because their items were ordered incorrectly. After all the training at HD and all the policies they instill in you. I had absolutely no backup from the Assistant Managers at all. It is hard to work in an environment like that. I have never worked anywhere that my immediate Supervisor does not know how to do my job. Interesting to say the least.
home depot
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Fort Saskatchewan, ABNovember 14, 2015
great place to work just wasn't the right fit for me. i need to have something constantly to do not just stand in one place all day long.
Pros
loved the people i worked with
Cons
nothing to do.
Overall a good company to work for
Head Cashier (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NSNovember 13, 2015
Decent benefits, nice coworkers and good customer service. It's very hard to get fired though and that can be a problem with bad coworkers who have a negative effect on the work atmosphere.
Interesting work and customer service.
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BCNovember 13, 2015
Great co-workers and a good place to learn about the importance of great customer service.

Excellent support from department supervisors.
Floor worker (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONNovember 12, 2015
Really friendly co workers willing to help new employees out.This place had great benefits even for part time employees . Great hours
Acting Assistant Store Manager
ACTING ASSISTANT STORE MANAGER HOME DEPOT (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONNovember 9, 2015
Assisted store manager to enhance specialty sales processes with a particular focus on kitchens and flooring.
Trained department supervisors on effective associate training, setting expectations, focusing on effective inventory, executing monthly special promotions on products and services.
Helped established a bi-monthly game plan for each department for sales, credit and installs.
Pros
learning new skills
Cons
Push back from department supervisors
Excellent environment
Kitchen Specialist (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABNovember 9, 2015
- always a joy to be at work on a daily basis, co-workers were quite amazing to work with
- when I had no idea about certain items or didnt have an answer for a question I was always able to find someone to help give me more info
moved
HEAD CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ONNovember 9, 2015
I love working in Home depot. It was fun to work with staff and customers. but we moved and I start working in Rona. I was head cashier at home depot, My job was to provide fast and friendly service to customers.help customers to shop in save manners.listen to customers complaints and try to solve it
Too much focus on credit
Head Cashier (Current Employee) –  Kingston, ONNovember 8, 2015
I enjoy working at The Home Depot, although a lot of times I do feel under appreciated by my management team. I feel they put a lot of enforcement on credit card goals, when thats only a small part of the over all job at hand. sometimes, its more important to please the customer and ensure that they will be returning, rather than trying to score a new credit card.
Pros
Benefits, nice break room, flexible hours
Cons
short staffed, under appreciated