Home Depot Employee Reviews in Canada

Found 1,178 reviews matching the search
Never boring
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 17, 2016
A typical day at work: never one day will be the same as the previous one, you are always meeting new people everyday, most of them nice people; I have learned a lot of things during my time working for them.
great place to work
Full time Flooring and decor sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Abbotsford, BCApril 16, 2016
never a dull day helping customers all day is very satisfying working to find the perfect flooring solution for your customers.
I have learned time management, fork lift skills, first aid and great sales skills .
management are great they support your job development and growth as a person and an associate.
my coworkers are the greatest group of people I've ever worked with
supportive and driven.
the hardest part of my job is when you see a person leave with the wrong product and wont change to a suitable one.
seeing the final project completed a lot of my customers come back to show me the final project.
Pros
training and long term
Cons
Just O.K...NOT great place to work!
merchandising rep. (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BCApril 15, 2016
Took this job initally as I assumed that I was to learn about Home-renovations and all that that entails...WRONG..basically, the position is one of a glorified janitor...Dusting and stocking/facing displays through-out the entire store, which includes working in the cold/frost out-doors in winter months..Applied for the overnite position at another location..Being a NEW position with-in the same department, the managers were NOT certain of the actual details of the position...The shift was VERY long...10 hours/ 4 nights week...Unless your a "night-owl" and can stay awake around the clock. 9 p.m. thru 7;30 am the following day I DO NOT recommend this job.
Pros
Off from 7:30 a.m.Friday to 9 p.m the following Monday...Full benifits.
Cons
Brutal long-hours..Falling asleep driving home...NOT being able to sleep during the day.
Enjoyable place to work
Lumber sales (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ONApril 15, 2016
This was an enjoyable job as it kept me active and there was always something to do. The other employees were very easy to work with.
Okay as part time employement while in school
Sales Associate (Seasonal) (Current Employee) –  OntarioApril 14, 2016
Home Depot isn't for everyone. After being an associate for 5 years at the same store this is how I feel...

No flexibility in availability- you have to basically be full flex weekdays and weekends. Your schedule will be all over the place from 6am-11pm.

Pay isn't enough for what you do. I can say being there for 5 years and I barely make more than new associates coming in which isn't right as a full time employee.

Management varies - you'll have some good ones and some bad ones.

There isn't much appreciation for the hard work we put in every single day.

It's always lots of hard work but very little pay

Pros
The people working there, success sharing
Cons
Safety shoes, 9hr shifts, low pay, schedule
about the job
seasonal (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ONApril 13, 2016
overall working for home depot, wasn't the greatest job, I realized while working there that the people who worked there longer than I did, there was favoritism , when it came to who got lunch break first or shifts.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
Overall good place to work
Freight Team Associate - Night shift (Current Employee) –  Markham, ONApril 13, 2016
Home Depot puts in the effort to recognize associates for their accomplishments more than anywhere else I have been employed.
Pros
Great friendly team of associates
Cons
Night Work
Not just another job
Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 12, 2016
Comfortable work environment. Must be willing to work shifts. Weekend work is required. Must be willing and able to deal with vendors, stores, contractors and customers.
good place to work if shift work is what your looking for.
Head Cashier (Former Employee) –  Langford, BCApril 10, 2016
well trained and treat employees well. lots of room for advancement. great managers and mostly good customers. associates seems to get along really well and make coming to work fun
Pros
success sharing
Cons
shift work
through the home depot I gained experience but lacked lacked recongnition
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fort Saskatchewan, ABApril 7, 2016
Through the home depot I was given plenty of opportunities to improve my knowledge however there was no ambition to progress and make progress up the chain of command.
Pros
breaks were a huge upside to this position
Cons
shortage of hours right now
Service Desk Associate (Part-time) (Current Employee) –  Milton, ONApril 6, 2016
Lots of variety of people who work there. Lots of chances to cross train in more than one department depending on your interests.
Reliable and fun place to work.
Vault Associate (Current Employee) –  Bolton, ONApril 6, 2016
Home Depot cares about their associates, from free BBQ's to PS4's in the the break room. We work hard for them and they do reward us. There is a real team feeling throughout the store and associates are always willing to help each other out. Great place to work.
Pros
Free BBQ's and contests
Cons
A lot of physical work
Pay
Overnight Freight Associate (Current Employee) –  Spruce Grove, ABApril 4, 2016
Overall they would be a great company but are unfair when it comes to giving raises. They don't acknowledge a lot of the hard work that people put in but it seems the lazier you are the more you are rewarded.
Friendly work environment with good management
Lot Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONApril 4, 2016
Home Depot is an excellent company to begin one's career, as the management is helpful, understanding and help you learn the various skills you'll need in a retail field.
Pros
Flexible schedule, good pay and end of year christmas party
Cons
Long hours, low chance of getting weekends off
Very diversify they work around our school hours
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONApril 1, 2016
Love working with people am a team player hardworking love to smile. Very busy and working at my job is fun and interesting
Pros
LEARNING NEW THINGS DAILY
Cons
GET BORED VERY EASILY
Great Job Awesome Benefits.
CUSTOMER SERVICE HOME SENSE (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 31, 2016
Typical day at work would be greeting customers, answering their questions/concerns, directing them where they need to go and cashing them out. I have learned that the customer is always right, even if there is a misunderstanding. Being polite, thanking the customer and great customer service are all great aspects to keep the customer satisfied and coming back.

Management and co-workers are great at Home Depot. Everyone is friendly and professional. The cons at work would be delayed lunch schedules and low staff on busy days.

Best part of my job is hearing back compliments from a customer from management and knowing that the customer walks away satisfied.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
delayed lunch schedule
Rewarding in every aspect, self paced with motivation to advance
Pro/Tool Rental Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Nepean, ONMarch 30, 2016
I work with a leadership team that is engaged with their associates, I work within my two departments working side by side in helping customers get what they need and making their project my own. Teaching my 13 associates to work as a team and to maintain a customer first plus one attitude. The associates at the store I work with are like my family away from home, we treat each other with respect and when someone is hurt we all chip in to help them and their family get through the hard times by donating what we can, and offering support. The hardest part of my job is finding the time to be everywhere all at once to help my fellow associates and to help serve customers to maintain that customer first attitude. The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing a smile on my fellow associates, knowing that what I have done today and everyday is to help make my workplace enjoyable and a productive workplace. Also to see the smile on a customers face after I have given them customer service plus one and to seal the deal with a friendly handshake, thanking them for shopping at my store.
Pros
Being able to earn my paycheck and Profit Sharing
Cons
Not always being able to accomplish what you started in a day.
Fast Paced and friendly
Cashier and Greeter (Current Employee) –  Woodbridge, ONMarch 29, 2016
A typical day is fast paced and busy. The staff is always friendly and open. The atmosphere is welcoming and the bosses are always there to help. A great place to work
Always busy.
Special Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMarch 29, 2016
The day started early. All day I was busy, there was always work to do. I very much enjoyed being busy. I worked alone a lot of the time until the second person got there later in the day and I have to multi-task a lot. I dealt with customers everyday and in good and not so good scenarios but was able to handle it most of the time. If i couldn't I could send them to someone who could help them.
Absolutely fun and flexible work place
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Eglington, ScarboroughMarch 28, 2016
In the last 6 months, I learnt entire job works and the managements are very much cooperative. Excellent team works. Nothing is hard of my job. Most enjoyable part of my job, my confidence and individually responsible to complete the job. No pressure of the job.