Home Depot Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
I find Home Depot an excellent place to work. there are lots of different benifits working at Home Depot.
Vault Associate (Current Employee), Bracebridge, ONNovember 27, 2015
Pros: Often have lunchs, have birthday cakes, along with many other benifits that come with the job
Cons: I love my position I am in, but it is not a full time position.
Everyone at Home Depot is easy to get along with and is very helpful to their co-worker. all you have to do is ask for help and you have it
good place to work at
Sales & Merchandising Associate (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONDecember 13, 2015
Pros: reimbursements for tuitions
Cons: long hours
comparatively low pay plus long hours. physical exertion balanced with amazing work benefits. Would love to stay if provided with higher pay because the work that is required doesnt satisfy the amount paid for it thats all. other then that amazing and friendly environment
A great workplace for startups
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Current Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 5, 2016
Pros: Success Sharing
A very friendly working environment with many advantages and various things to learn for our day to day life.
The management is very supportive and helps with all our queries and resolves ant issues regarding our work if any.
Best Job Security and Confidence in employment.
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Windsor, ONMarch 9, 2016
Pros: Job Security
Cons: Infrequent hours
This job is great for having exceptional work environment and enjoyable employees while still being able to exert professionalism and extreme care for their employees. Hours could be better.
Acting Assistant Store Manager
ACTING ASSISTANT STORE MANAGER HOME DEPOT (Former Employee), Brampton, ONNovember 9, 2015
Pros: learning new skills
Cons: Push back from department supervisors
Assisted store manager to enhance specialty sales processes with a particular focus on kitchens and flooring.
Trained department supervisors on effective associate training, setting expectations, focusing on effective inventory, executing monthly special promotions on products and services.
Helped established a bi-monthly game plan for each department for sales, credit and installs.
Key Holder
KEY HOLDER AND DEPARTMENT MANAGER (Former Employee), Mississauga and BramptonNovember 9, 2015
Pros: Day goes by fast
Cons: not enough time to complete some tasks
Responsible for opening and closing of the store with a co worker.
Helping customers for sales or any other concerns.
Taking care of the associates and customers safety.
Looking after vault, receiving and back end operations.
Helping front end and various departments.
Covering for fellow associates on sales floor and also for the department supervisors.
Taking phone calls from concerned customers.
Looking after Install sales process.
Too much focus on credit
Head Cashier (Current Employee), Kingston, ONNovember 8, 2015
Pros: Benefits, nice break room, flexible hours
Cons: short staffed, under appreciated
I enjoy working at The Home Depot, although a lot of times I do feel under appreciated by my management team. I feel they put a lot of enforcement on credit card goals, when thats only a small part of the over all job at hand. sometimes, its more important to please the customer and ensure that they will be returning, rather than trying to score a new credit card.
fun work place.
My current position is Electrical Associate (Current Employee), Cranbrook, BCApril 23, 2016
Pros: get free lunches and snacks sometimes
Cons: low salary
Its a friendly diverse culture,co-worker are friendly,i think re-engineering should take places among the hierarchy ,i think the salary need to be increase for such a company.
Energetic and productive
Lot Associate (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBNovember 6, 2015
Pros: designated breaks, health insurance
Cons: Rude and/or confrontational customers
The Home Depot was never a dull place to work and the staff worked well together across all departments and formed good workplace relationships. Management was always available to listen and provide assistance or advice. The hardest part of the job was dealing with customers who were flat out rude or even confrontational. I learned how to engage customers in a dialogue so they knew I was paying attention to them and treating them with respect.
Productive and fun place to work as partime. Very flexiblae with hours
Sales Associate and Key Holder (Former Employee), Brampton, ONFebruary 22, 2016
Management was at most very good, and having to deal with customers was probably the hardest thing to this job because hey always want things asap. Co-workers very friendly but some just lazy.
always had a great time there
The Home Depot (Former Employee), Windsor, ONMarch 24, 2016
Pros: great staff
Cons: not everyone there knows what they are doing
Great staff, always helpful and fun to work there, if you had an questions they were always there to help you. the management there is always on there tasks and takes care of everyone.
Life at Home Depot
Cashier (Current Employee), Markham, ONNovember 2, 2015
It's fun working at The Home Depot. When I first started working here, I didn't know what to expect. Four years in and I still can't believe how far I have come as a person. I never use to like talking to random people, but being a cashier forces you to do that. Talking to strangers and having a full out conversation about nothing is amazing! Knowing that you are giving your 100% best to the customer and making sure they are satisfied before they leave the store is what I love best about working here!
Great part time job
Paint Associate (Current Employee), Calgary, ABNovember 17, 2015
Pros: Team atmosphere
Cons: Irregular hours
A typical day is filled with many different opportunities to help customers complete their projects. I have learned so much about painting, staining, and home improvement related projects. My co-workers were great at helping me learn all I needed to know. The most enjoyable part of the job is helping people create a home they love.
good place to work if shift work is what your looking for.
Head Cashier (Former Employee), Langford, BCApril 10, 2016
Pros: success sharing
Cons: shift work
well trained and treat employees well. lots of room for advancement. great managers and mostly good customers. associates seems to get along really well and make coming to work fun
Customer service at Home Depot
Cashier (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABFebruary 16, 2016
Pros: Flexible working hours, Free luch and snacks on Saturdays
Cons: Quite busy schedule on weekends
Interacting with customers while checkout and helping them to find the right product was an amazing experience that improved my customer service skill.
Strong culture and great core values
Sales Associate/management trainee (Current Employee), Brampton, ONOctober 29, 2015
Pros: Great people and Culture
Cons: Very demanding, Stressfull
Home Depot is a largest and most successful home improvement company in world for good reasons. Emphasis is always placed on the customers and the Home Depot associate take pride in providing great customer service. There is allot of room to grow your career at the Home Depot, and both part time and full time associate receive numerous employment benefits. The home Depot is an all round round great company and it provides associate with a great work experience everyday.
Fun place to work
Cashier (Former Employee), Woodbridge, ONMarch 12, 2016
Pros: Learning new things
Cons: you wil get tired of eating subway
If your a person that likes to learn new things and have a positive attitude it is an enjoyable place to work. Management from all departments worked well with most employees which was good to see.
dull place
Supply Chain Associate (Current Employee), Vaughan, ONMarch 13, 2016
Pros: good hours
Cons: poor leadership
poor leadership, they use intimidation to put fear in workers. Finding the right person for your business is a crucial decision that hinges on the way you search for, select and interview potential applicants.
Good place to work with nice people
Lumber and Building Material Associate (Former Employee), 7134 caledoniaApril 30, 2016
Pros: Free food every so often
Cons: Pay
The job was fun, very enjoyable. The people where nice and very informative. The work was pretty easy in my opinion. All in All good place to work if you want to settle down.
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Richmond Hill, ONMarch 22, 2016
Pros: part time insurgence great staff and flexible hours
Cons: nothing
I loved working here Im applying again because It was such a great environment and everyone was friendly and help full I cant believe I ever left best job I ever had.
Links