Home Depot
9,313 reviews

Home Depot Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Progressive company that has built a strong culture and great customer experience.
Merchant (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCJune 12, 2014
When I was with Home Depot we had a strong can-do attitude that help propel the company forward. The customer was the centre of all planned activities - their shopping experience, how they where treated was always top of mind.
i enjoyed the deck and garage design
Lumber associate (Former Employee), emontonJune 11, 2014
met some good contractors and worked with some good people. operated lift trucks the saw and helped alot of people
Productive enjoyable environment
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee), Burlington, ONJune 11, 2014
An enjoyable place to work, can be fast paced but rewarding. Must be knowledgeable of the store layout and products, good management. Challenging to get full time hours, but overall mostly positive
Not bad for night shift work
Fullfillment Supervisor (Former Employee), Saskatoon, SKJune 10, 2014
Pros: wage premium, can be yourself
Cons: poor supervision and management
Pretty good for night shift. Wage premium gets added on, decent benefits package, their HR policies are pretty good, advancement is a real possibility and the culture is ok.

Management can be terrible sometimes.
Good work experience
Seasonal lot associate (Former Employee), Markham, ONJune 9, 2014
I kept the lot in proper working conditions, spotted forklift operators, responded to customer service calls, loading and unloading vehicles, helped customers at self checkout and filled customer orders from warehouse.
Consolidation and Logistics Manager (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJune 8, 2014
Pros: work environment
Cons: salary
Fast and busy environment, I have learned a lot and I'm really grateful for all the things and the people that I have met
Not For ME
associate (Former Employee), Kamloops, BCJune 6, 2014
Bad experience. Just bad. Not for me they didn't hold up to the value wheel
Home Depot
INSTALLS& CUSTOMER SERVICE DEPARTMENT SUPERVIOR (Current Employee), Surrey, BCJune 5, 2014
Pros: great company
Cons: i need a new challenge
Home Depot Is a great company to work for lots of room to learn new things and grow. I started at Home Depot as a cashier was promoted to a Manager position in a year, I started when i was 20 years old and saw it as a job that paid my bills now almost 10 years later I see it as the best experience of my life. I learned a lot from everyone I work with – more... at each store. I helped open 2 new stores and it was a amazing experience, Hiring associates, training, setting up the store and coaching associates.
Home Depot is a very fast paced store it can be stressful and lots of customer complaints at times but it makes for a good challenge. – less
Very good
Pack Out Associate (Former Employee), Lethbridge AlbertaJune 4, 2014
Cons: late hours
Work days were well planned but the team was small. Unfortunate emergencies were hard to deal with with a small staff. The job was enjoyable because each day was different and the staff worked as a team even though everyone had their own individual duties. The management was nice and understanding.
Okay place to work
Customer Service (Former Employee), Oakville, ONJune 3, 2014
it was okay i never really enjoyed working there. the people i worked with made it worth it. the management was great though they were always very supportive and helped me though out my career with them
great atmosphere
Associate (Electrical) (Former Employee), Thunder Bay, ONJune 3, 2014
various hours wasn't a full time worker
learned some practical experience with verifying some electrical components
management was nice helpful when It came to schooling and hours of availability while attending college
co-workers where nice and respectful
hardest part of the job is troubleshooting the customers job they are trying to accomplish and – more... getting them the appropriate materials for completion of the job/task
the most enjoyable part of the job was successfully helping the customer get the things they want/need in a timely manner – less
Productive and fun place to work.
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee), Brampton, ONMay 31, 2014
Pros: good work environment
Cons: long hours and weekends
A typical day is fairly busy. There is always something to do; whether it is helping the customers to putting things away or answering phone.
My co-works and I work well together. Everything usually falls in place without us asking each other.
The hardest part of the job is dealing with upset customers.
The most enjoyable part of the job and having – more... a good team to work with and having happy customers. – less
Great associates
SPECIALITIES ASSISTANT STORE MANAGER (Former Employee), London, ONMay 30, 2014
Pros: good pay, wellness, benifits
Cons: long hours
Home Depot treated their associates, managers, vendors with respect and fairness. The culture in this company is can do and everyone is willing to work as a team member to achieve the greater good
Customer Service
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMay 29, 2014
-daily reports
-answering phones
-filing
-customer orders
-returns
-cashier duties
-customer interaction and problem solving for customer problems
-keeping work place clean
Not as team oriented as it could be.
customer service in flooring (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMay 27, 2014
Pros: home depot has great products.
Cons: management not training staff properly.
Constant change in management, wasn't condusive to keeping staff. Very focused on bottom line not staffing and keeping competent people. Was dissappointing after working at the Red Deer store.
Enjoyable
Kitchen Designer (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMay 22, 2014
Pros: nice place to work after retirement, learn new trades, meetwonderful people
Cons: dictatorship, do what you are told, no one knows more than the bosses. the department heads are the scape goats.
A heartless place to work in. Associates are mere numbers. In one store a youngster refused to write his name on his apron, instead he wrote his employment number. Apart from an indifferent attitude from the top brass, I enjoyed meeting customers and the company of the associates. The Home Depot s not devoid of discrimination. I was a victim and to – more... compound it had a new Assistant Store Manager who was a BULLY. He did not like me standing up to him. Certain policies were questionable. At one town hall meetings (the only one I was ever invited to ) I questioned the way awards were bestowed on some favourites. Because there was no answer I was in their cross hairs. After Eight and a Half of service there and being considered in the top 25 associates in the district an and worker 'To Go To' I was laid off. – less
The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing the finished result of hard work.
MEA (Current Employee), Nanaimo, BCMay 19, 2014
Pros: set schedule, full time
MET works at building and maintaining displays, keeping showrooms to Home Depot standards, Price changes, bay/product set integrity, seasonal resets, along with many other duties such as ordering parts and signage and aiding in ensuring customer experience and shoppablility.
Met not high on treating their staff as equals. Always giving more projects for us to do but not matching with more pay
Merchandiser (Current Employee), Calgary, ABMay 18, 2014
Pros: shares 2 times a year
Cons: it is a dirty job and rude customers every day.
Co workers fun to be with. Management ok. Sometimes in some bays it could take awhile to fix as some need alot of work to be done in it. The only enjoyable part of the day is the Staff in Met and the store.
A fun place to work
Sales Associate/Flooring Specialist (Current Employee), Richmond, BCMay 16, 2014
A good place to work. overall associates and managers are very friendly and helpful. Interacting with customer is fun. Not many challenging questions after so many years though.
Loved the People
Assistant Manager, Supply Chain Customer Service (Former Employee), Concord, ONMay 16, 2014
Great working environment with my coworkers. I lenjoyed assisting all the customers including the stores and vendors.

About Home Depot

The Home Depot is an American retailer of home improvement, construction products and services. The Home Depot operates 2,248 – Read more