Home Depot
12,364 reviews

Home Depot Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great place to learn and grow
Kitchen & Bath Associate full time nightcrew (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: bonus free meals with extra workloads.
Cons: na
My first month on the job was all training. Home Depot is aall about job safety. Excellent place to learn about all aspects of home improvement. The hours given are generous and your pay raises are earned by the work you provide. They have great social gatherings that bring store personnel together. All my coworkers were very helpful and friendly and management treated everyone with respect and fairness. The workload was always done with safety in mind and workers were encouraged to grow.
Overnight Freight Team Associate (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABFebruary 16, 2015
 Stocked merchandise onto shelves to achieve 100% in stock.
 Packed-out and packed-down merchandise as directed
 Merchandised new items as directed, including building end caps and promotions.
 Broke down and disposed trash by end of shift
 Maintained aisle cleanliness and shop-ability
good place to work
fullfillment (Former Employee), Saskatoon, SKFebruary 14, 2015
Pros: acknowment of jobs done wel
Cons: early hours
talking to customers and stocking shelfs and running equipment. People were good to work with, worked with many different people. people were great to work with. the wierd hours that were work for fullfilment
Good place to start work with
Cashier (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABFebruary 12, 2015
The management and the co workers are good and helpful. The only hardest part athome depot is that they provide part time positions. But the most enjoyable part at work is that you are never bored and the time passes very fast with busy days all the time. You meet new people every day.
Friendly environment
Cashier, Customer Service, Return Specialist (Current Employee), York RegionFebruary 12, 2015
Pros: the surprise us with free pizza, fresh fruit and bbqs through out the year
Cons: no full time hours available
This is one of the best places I have worked. They care about both the customers and staff. The customers are friendly and there is always someone there to make you laugh if you are having a bad day. I look forward to going into work.
Great employee appreciation.
Cashier (Former Employee), Peterborough , OntarioFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: health benefits coverage
Cons: odd scheduling / no hours in winter/spring
Perks like free lunches once in a while. Hours are cut drastically in winter/spring. Scheduling is all over the place. One day you could be working for a 5 hour and 15 minute opening shift and then the next day you could be working a 6 hr and 45 minute closing shift. If you are working in the winter don't be surprised if your suppose to work a 8 hour shift and they drop it down to a 4 hour shift.Associates and management are pretty friendly.
Must have a very good knowledge about kitchen products to discuss ideas with customer.
Kitchen Designer (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: nice meeting new people and help them with their kitchen needs
Cons: not getting a fixed shifts
Fun in conceptualizing design and giving ballpark price for kitchen construction for prospective client. You have to be very patient in understanding the customer needs to be able to help them.
Not very enjoyable.
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONFebruary 10, 2015
Cons: long hours
It's an okay job. The hours are sporadic and not as flexible as you would think. The job is not trying or particularly difficult but it is dull and the entire company is managed porrly.
Productive and Interactive
Cashier Special Services & Inventory team member (Current Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 9, 2015
I work under a great team of management that stays engaged in there employees. I also am in an incredible work environment with lots of fun, and joyful co-workers. The best part of my day is interacting with customers and getting to meet so many new and wonderful people. I learn things almost every shift, and enjoy the challenge of taking on new tasks. The hardest part of my day would occasionally be the mass amount of people I encounter in a day, and the amount of work that brings me. However that keeps me focused and motivated to continue to work to the best of my ability.
Customer Relations and good work culture
Sales Associate (Current Employee), winnipegFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: good work balance
Cons: less benefits
Management is supportive and associates are very helpful.
Customer interaction is fun and learning part of whole day.
Plumbing associate
Ancaster as plumbing Associate (Former Employee), Ancaster, ONFebruary 6, 2015
Pros: people interaction
Cons: people interaction (at times)
Good place to work with lots of interaction with other associates and customers. .Management knew how to run a store well and gave great guidelines to follow. There was plenty of skill upgrading supplied. The people I worked with showed a lot of care and knowledge in dealing with customers. The hardest part of job was trying to assist so many people at one time, Some people were not happy. And by far the best part was saving people a lot of money ,they were so happy .They would come back to store and say thank you to me.
Loved It!
Décor Specialist (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABFebruary 6, 2015
I loved working at The Home Depot.
I worked there for a long time and I wouldn't have left if the politics hadn't come in the way.
I loved the fast pace and a wide variety of staff and customers.
There were some "bosses" that didn't know anything about there departments.
Great People to work with
Paint Associate / Cashier / Kitchen & Bath (Current Employee), Mississauga, OntarioFebruary 5, 2015
Pros: great people to work with, great customers
Cons: hard to get full time employment...
This is a great retail business with a really great management team.I have been given the opportunity to learn alot of different departments.
Productive, busy service environment
Operations ASM (Former Employee), EdmontonFebruary 5, 2015
The worlds largest hardware store, 321,000 Employees... busy environment, fast paced, excellent learning environment. A diverse and enriched culture of people from all walks of life and age... a great place to work.
Fun workplace with lots of good co-workers
Sales Rep (Former Employee), London,ONFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: great co-workers
Spent most days doing things for customers outside of my department that I had no idea how to help because I was uneducated in those departments.
bonne vision de travail
Service à la clientèle (Former Employee), montreal beaubienFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: employés courtois entre eux
Cons: mauvais sens de gestion des superviseurs basé sur les emotions
Offrant un bel environnement de travail basé sur une forte diversité culturelle, la compagnie home depot se démarque par la qualité de son service à la clientèle et affiche une roue de valeurs convenable.
Cependant les aspects négatifs n'ont aucun rapport avec la compagnie et ont tout à voir avec le personnel directeur qui favorise le copinage aux compétences, ce qui en soi amenuise les opportunités de développement des employés .
Fort heureusement seul UN magasin est touché par cette gestion, en l’occurrence celui de Beaubien.
Project Support Coordinator (Current Employee), Scarborough, ONFebruary 2, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: weekend work
- Respectful and supportive management.
- Empowered to do what is right for the customer
- Encouraged to look for advancement opportunities
- Work/life balance can be challenging with varying shifts and weekend work
Unorganised managment
Speciality Associate& Seasonal (Current Employee), Bolton, ONFebruary 2, 2015
My daily activities consist of preparing your chosen department and making it presentable for customers and accessible to the products for purchase.
Good people, typical retail
Lot Associate (Former Employee), Kamloops, BCFebruary 1, 2015
Most of the people at Home Depot are great and easy to get along with, working in retail sucks anywhere you go though. Lot Associate is a far more difficult position than it initially seems to be. In the short year I was there I seen quite a few people come and go usually within a month or two. Everyday is different and most times you're on your own having 3 different tills to get to across the whole store in freezing cold or blazing heat so it takes a lot of VERY quick learning to be able to do this job efficiently. All in all looking back at it now it was a good experience, a tough one but a good one non the less.
Exciting place to work
System Consultant Jr (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 31, 2015
Good environment, friendly co workers, Very focused line of sight in terms of responsibilities.
Work sometimes get repetitive but good place to perfect troubleshooting skills.

About Home Depot

The Home Depot is the global leader in home improvement and fourth largest retailer in the world. Providing superior customer – Read more