Home Depot

Home Depot Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive and friendly workplace
Department Supervisor (Current Employee), West Vancouver, BCJune 4, 2015
Pros: Good Benefits, Serious company, Respect for everybody, Friendly work environment.
Cons: Variable week schedule.
The most enjoyable part is the DIVERSITY of the employees. There are people from different parts of the world, different ages, cultures, and native people. It is s a place for everybody.

Home Depot has an excellent on-line training program for each associate that starts with the basic training for the new position and extends as a Continue Education Program which is supervised by the HR manager.

Through this company I have learned the art of selling, identifying the customer's needs using effective communication while providing excellent customer service.

Moreover, as Department Supervisor, I have honed my leadership skills, building strong and productive work teams. It has been, as well, an opportunity to grow in time management, associate's performance evaluation, sales analysis, planning and implementing marketing strategies.

In general terms, it is a fast pacing yet friendly work environment. Every day brings different situations with customers and the associates, facing new challenges which allow growth to me, my co-workers and the company.
Friendly staff, safe work environment,
Lumber Associate (Former Employee), Sudbury, OntarioJune 4, 2015
Pros: Friendly and safe work enviroment.
Cons: None
I really enjoyed my time working at The Home Depot, I found the staff exceptionally kind. I always felt safe while I worked, they took extra measures to ensure our safety. The training videos were very clear and informative. I would love another opportunity to work with this outstanding team.
Fun workplace with awesome co workers and a good vibe
Service Desk Associate (Current Employee), Cranbrook, British ColumbiaJune 3, 2015
Pros: Free Lunches from time to time, friendly environment with relaxed co-workers, you get to learn a lot about hardware and everything that comes with it.
Cons: Long daily hours, called in often.
I've only been working with Home Depot since the end of July 2014, but it is an awesome place to be. Everyone you work with is serious about the work they do, and at the same time they're all very relaxed and bring tons of fun to the workplace. A lot of what goes on in our store is because of management, they do whatever they can to make the workplace relaxed and just fun, with small contests each day for a gift card to giving out in store awards that can be redeemed when you get a certain amount over to free lunches when the store does well. One of the harder parts with the job is the fast paced environment, but at the same time it's one of the more enjoyable parts as it helps time go by quicker.
A fun job
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Scarborough, OntarioJune 3, 2015
It was a fun job where I had constant interaction with people and did a lot of problem-solving with customers as I helped them with organizing their home projects.

My co-workers and I had fun while we worked, we supported each other and learned from each others skills. I developed some friendships along the way.

One of the things I've learned is to sometimes take a step back and to take a look at the big picture, and to not just rush into a project without first knowing the details. Another thing I learned is to not take things personal and realize that sometimes a person may say certain things out of frustration. If I react to that, it only inflames the frustration and is counter-productive to finding solutions.

I had a great relationship with my supervisor and other managers. We had trust and respect for each other for our skills and abilities.
productive and a very well organized store
Cashier/ lot (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABJune 2, 2015
Pros: Great learning envirnoment, Freindly staff
Cons: long hours, short staffed
A great store, it taught me a lot of material. Many different department which promotes team work. Hardest part would be long hours and always being short staffed. Most enjoyable part was the friendly staff and everyday teaches something.
good job and good customer service
associé au marchandisage (Current Employee), Vaudreuil-Dorion, QCJune 1, 2015
Pros: good insurance
Cons: work nights and weekends
I have been working at home depot for 9 years , in those 9 years
I worked 5 years as a cashere and then 4 years as an merchandising associate , I have learned a great deal about renovation and construction , I have learned how to give a good custumer service , home depot has very good advantages and insurance and there is always a formation to do .

home depot is a great company to work for , good advantages , good enough pay , good retail store to grow in and advance ...
Was a great place to learn about excellence in customer service
Cashier/ Head Cashier (Former Employee), East Location Regina SaskatchewanJune 1, 2015
Pros: training
Cons: schedule rotation
I liked the Home Depot, I was trained in a lot of different areas and working there was a great place to learn the importance of Great customer service. As a Head Cashier I was given a lot of responsibility and had to run a very tight ship. I was responsible for the cashiers lunch breaks and coffee breaks. some days we had a lot of staff and had to ensure their breaks were concise and in a timely matter. I also learnt to maintain the registers and self checkout as well as the printers and the door alarms. I loved my co workers for the most part we worked well together, it was often a fun but busy work environment. The management team was supportive and worked directly with the front end. They were there to help us learn the importance of offering every customer excellent customer service. I enjoyed working with the staff as well as engaging customers. Sometimes the customers were difficult to deal with but I always found that diplomacy worked well in solving problems or conflicts.
Fun place
CSR (Former Employee), Oakville, ONMay 30, 2015
Pros: Fun environment
Cons: none
Fun place to work, People are fantastic, management knows whats going on and will back you up if needed

thats all i have to say
A great work place environment
Cashier/returns associate (Former Employee), saskatoon,skMay 29, 2015
Pros: co workers are great, treats you like family
Cons: too much polictics in the management team
Overall it was a great company to work for, through time you built relationship with your co workers which turns it a better work place
Productive and a fun work environment
Electrical Associate (Current Employee), Abbotsford, BCMay 29, 2015
Excellent place to work. Great management team and associates. Everyone is very helpful throughout day to day tasks. I am learning something new everyday!
Not a job for you if you have a family or a house and don't get comfortable
sales (Former Employee), Niagara fallsMay 27, 2015
Pros: nice co-worker
Cons: horrible supervisors and manager, no job security, hire to many people at a time and only keep a few after 2 months
I was hired along with 6 other people in march this year. It was my first job I got when I moved to this town after I bought my house. I was under the impression that this job would be great, was I very wrong. This job is great for students or people looking for a second job, but stay away if you have a family or a house. The hours are so horrible through out the week, you would be lucky to get 20 hours (and 20 hours a week is what you need to get their horrible benefits package)

The training you get is all done on the computers and doesn't prepaire you for the store floor and the pressure you will face when you are franticly running around looking for a coworker or manager who could assist you in helping a customer who is getting angry because you don't know where the thing is for the what's it called.

The managers are never around when you need them and if its the summer you will never see them since they are are always in seasonal doing something.

The supervisors are even worse. When you start they are suppose to train you on the equipment you are suppose to use, expect to wait to 3 weeks after you start to get trained on half of them and still be running around looking for someone who can use the equipment you can't.

Then after you deal with all the stress and still waiting to be trained on all the equipment they will let you and 4 other people go because of "business".

This company is a joke, if you have any shread of slef respect you will stay away from this job.
Lumber and Building Materials associate (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONMay 24, 2015
I would not recommend working at home depot. Management lacks severely and employees are not treated with respect or dignity. I did not enjoy working at home depot
Great Place
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONMay 23, 2015
• Kept an efficient goods-flow through warehouse
• Adhered to inventory control procedures and ordered shipments
• Coordinated internal communication and maintained related equipment
• Maintained logs and key figures
• Moved products in warehouse and prepared them for shipping
• Operate fork lift and reach and truck equipment to maneuver products within the warehouse in a safe and efficient manner
Great learning experience
Flooring Associate (Former Employee), Red Deer, ABMay 22, 2015
Pros: Good company to grow with if you have an opportunity to do so.
Cons: Keeping 70% of staff at part time status = no job security
I mostly enjoyed working for The Home Depot, but they can only have a certain percentage of staff at full time status, which left a lot of us part timers often lacking in hours due to over staffing. I thoroughly enjoyed all the knowledge and know-how I acquired over the four years I was employed by them. The most enjoyable part of my job was helping customers and always learning new information. The hardest part of my job was covering multiple departments at once especially when there was other departments I wasn't trained in. I made a lot of good friends at The Home Depot, and working there helped me be more open and less shy when talking to strangers.
My management style is innovative, creative, and flexible
Regional Services Manager (Current Employee), TorontoMay 22, 2015
Throughout my career, my ability to communicate effectively and build lucrative corporate relationships has allowed me to exceed all sales objectives. As a Regional Sales Manager I have obtained skills fundamental to achieving success. Additionally, my proven track record and ability to motivate, coach, and train sales representatives allows me to thrive in dynamic and fast paced environments.
Okay
Cashier/ Sales Associate (Current Employee), toronto, ONMay 21, 2015
Pros: People
Cons: Customers
Schedule not flexible at all. minimum wage too..
employees are good tho.
Really wish my manager was better.. but w hat do you expect from a 25 year old guy..
Nice atmosphere
Merchandising Execution Associate (Current Employee), MerchandiserMay 20, 2015
Very condradicting company
Fun place to work at
Very high volume on the weekends, dont realise that the went by so fast
They offer free lunches on the long weekends
Theres always a raffle
Productive and fun workplace
Over Night Freight Supervisor (Former Employee), Calgary 130 Ave SEMay 16, 2015
It's good place to work.I enjoyed working at Home Depot.
Very safety conscious and safe ,relaxed reliable job.
Nice co worker.
Sales associate
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Current Employee), Calgary, ABMay 14, 2015
Pros: None
Cons: poor wage & very little hours.
micro managing, minimum wage, 4 hrs week, management will yell at you in front of customers, discrimination from other associates & management and overall not impressed. Ever wonder why the have 4 job fairs year? The turnover rate from one store in Calgary has to be 10-15 quit every month.
Home Depot
Night Crew Associate (Former Employee), ChilliwackMay 14, 2015
Pros: Full time work, great co-workers, fun setting
Cons: low pay, small commute, inexperienced supervisers
At home depot I worked the night shift. Fulfillment is what the job was titled, but it was so much more. I was responsible for many the departments lumber, millworks, building materials. Because I was used to driving machines from my previous job I was able to pick up really quickly, most nights finishing all my jobs a few hours early. At that point I would go and move into the seasonal or garden center department and do fulfillment there.

Our supervisors were very nice but somewhat inexperienced in a warehouse. Because I had worked in a similar setting (Rona) my supervisor would ask me anything he was unsure of, such as where to place specific product on the upper level based on department and such.

My co-workers were great, easy to talk to, very supportive, the kind of co-workers you want when starting a new job.

Certifications: Narrow Aisle Reach, LPG Forklift, Electric Pallet Jack

The hardest part of the job was working all night for low pay.

The most enjoyable part of job was that I knew what to do each night and would be left alone so I could finish my jobs. That's the benefit of being on a small night crew. That and coffee.

About Home Depot

The Home Depot is the global leader in home improvement and fourth largest retailer in the world. Providing superior customer – Read more