Home Depot

16.4K reviews

Home Depot Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Alright all around position.
Merchandising Execution Team (MET) (Former Employee), Saskatoon, SKDecember 6, 2015
Pros: Regular weekday shifts, good benefits
Can be a fun yet productive work environment. Has decent working schedule hours Monday through Friday, weekends off. Great health benefits for full time associates.
Good place to work at.
Lumber/Building Associate (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBDecember 1, 2015
Great place in terms of fellow staff and management. I found even if you come late as long as you give notice your going to be late there is no "grief" like you may get and have gotten at other jobs.

Pay is not so great. This is perfect place for a university student or someone that lives at home, or retired, or married to a spouse who is the bread winner. NOT so great if your single, got a mortage/car payments/ credit card debit working part time.

Only bad thing is that you cannot really control your hours of work, so if you get a second job make sure that company is flexible.
Fun workplace to be in
Cashier (Current Employee), Calgary, ABNovember 28, 2015
- During busy days or not cashiers, sales associates, head cashiers and managers help each other out equally.
- Employees and employers are fun to be with and are friendly.
well balnced job
cashier (Current Employee), Collingwood, ONNovember 27, 2015
Pros: benfits for part tome
Cons: slow winters
decent hours for part time has befits as a part timer. good for older person looking for something to do. can get you by during perk seasons but slows in winter for most to need second job
I find Home Depot an excellent place to work. there are lots of different benifits working at Home Depot.
Vault Associate (Current Employee), Bracebridge, ONNovember 27, 2015
Pros: Often have lunchs, have birthday cakes, along with many other benifits that come with the job
Cons: I love my position I am in, but it is not a full time position.
Everyone at Home Depot is easy to get along with and is very helpful to their co-worker. all you have to do is ask for help and you have it
baseball
customer service (Current Employee), Brampton, ONNovember 26, 2015
taking care of customer and making then happen after along day at work. I love my job because I to take care of customer it's great place to work there is opportunit
enjoyable
CO-OP student (Former Employee), Windsor, ONNovember 24, 2015
Pros: Good Co-workers
Helped customers, Stocked shelves. Working with co-workors as a co-op student was enjoyable. Overall Home Depot was a great place to spend my co-op class at.
Operations Manager (ASM) (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABNovember 23, 2015
While the company looks after their associates the management is poorly trained, and expected to give up a consistent schedule to best fit the managers work/life balance.
People
cashier (Former Employee), Sherwood Park, ABNovember 22, 2015
Pros: great people to work with
Cons: Standing 8 hours straight
Things can get hectic around the holidays but having great people to work with can help calm your nerves and get you through anything.
The people there make you feel really welcomed and comfortable.
no day is the same
Sales and Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee), woodbridgeNovember 22, 2015
Pros: retail inviroment
Cons: open 7 days a week for long hours
punch in and go to your department. find out what needs to be done . help customers and clean department. put away inventory restock shelves and move inventory to fill locations and packdown all over stock.
Fun yet difficult work.
Paint Department Associate (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABNovember 20, 2015
Pros: Choice of hour or half hour lunch
Cons: Unorginzied for breaks, supervision was minimal.
Working at The Home Depot was an experience I will treasure for the rest of my life. A typical day started depending on what hour you arrived at work, for starting shifts you would have to check and clean the paint machines and then do safety equipment checks, you would then also restock the shelves throughout the day. I learned quite a bit about paints and what works best for each project, also how to mix and apply paints properly for the best outcome. Management was alright, but it was difficult to find a supervisor when needed and they sometimes cared less about any issues you where having. The hardest part of the job was the hours, they management wasn't very flexible if you needed to switch a shift and the hours where very hectic with not stability.
Sales Associate
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Richmond, BCNovember 18, 2015
Pros: you will learn new things
Cons: less pay
good training awesome team leaders and co workers poor hours not enough breaks do to it is mentally straining work not enough pay . If you have time and you are looking for other job. This is the best place part timers.
Great part time job
Paint Associate (Current Employee), Calgary, ABNovember 17, 2015
Pros: Team atmosphere
Cons: Irregular hours
A typical day is filled with many different opportunities to help customers complete their projects. I have learned so much about painting, staining, and home improvement related projects. My co-workers were great at helping me learn all I needed to know. The most enjoyable part of the job is helping people create a home they love.
High Turn Over
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee), New Minas, NSNovember 17, 2015
Cons: Co-workers, Management, Lack of Hours
The Management at the store I worked at did not know the meaning of communication. The Store Manager was nice but spent too much time in his office. The HR Manager has no sweet clue how to do her job or who to send you to in order to get your question answered.
Don't work at Home Depot
Department Supervisor (Former Employee), Regina, SKNovember 16, 2015
I loved my job as Supervisor in Millwork at this store.
I was in a Specialty Department and we had lots of misinformation given to us to order windows or doors. Now, It usually takes 4 or 5 weeks to get a special order. After this time people would be yelling at me because their items were ordered incorrectly. After all the training at HD and all the policies they instill in you. I had absolutely no backup from the Assistant Managers at all. It is hard to work in an environment like that. I have never worked anywhere that my immediate Supervisor does not know how to do my job. Interesting to say the least.
home depot
Cashier (Former Employee), Fort Saskatchewan, ABNovember 14, 2015
Pros: loved the people i worked with
Cons: nothing to do.
great place to work just wasn't the right fit for me. i need to have something constantly to do not just stand in one place all day long.
Overall a good company to work for
Head Cashier (Current Employee), Halifax, NSNovember 13, 2015
Decent benefits, nice coworkers and good customer service. It's very hard to get fired though and that can be a problem with bad coworkers who have a negative effect on the work atmosphere.
Interesting work and customer service.
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee), Kelowna, BCNovember 13, 2015
Great co-workers and a good place to learn about the importance of great customer service.

Excellent support from department supervisors.
Floor worker (Former Employee), Brampton, ONNovember 12, 2015
Really friendly co workers willing to help new employees out.This place had great benefits even for part time employees . Great hours
Acting Assistant Store Manager
ACTING ASSISTANT STORE MANAGER HOME DEPOT (Former Employee), Brampton, ONNovember 9, 2015
Pros: learning new skills
Cons: Push back from department supervisors
Assisted store manager to enhance specialty sales processes with a particular focus on kitchens and flooring.
Trained department supervisors on effective associate training, setting expectations, focusing on effective inventory, executing monthly special promotions on products and services.
Helped established a bi-monthly game plan for each department for sales, credit and installs.
Industry