Home Depot

Home Depot Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great people
Department Supervisor (Current Employee), Kingston, ONJuly 2, 2014
It is a great place to work with different challenges everyday. The people are fantastic to work with and the benefits are exceptional. I manage two departments, where I control and maintain inventory levels to meet customer demand.
love it
Computer room/Vault Supervisor (Former Employee), Hooksett NhJuly 2, 2014
Pros: on my own
As computer room/vault supervisor I had the daily job of balancing cash, invortory entry and running reports
i am productive and always ready for new challenge .
associate in tool rental section (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONJuly 2, 2014
Pros: bonuses
Cons: long hours
There are so many things that i have learned being part of home depot for example customer service , time management and how to keep yourself energetic .
different ideas can be achieved by working with different types of people.
Interesting Mix of Persistence, and Laziness.
Lumber Associate, Fulfillment Team Associate (Former Employee), Lumber Floor, Isles 18-22July 2, 2014
Pros: fun environment, interesting skills to learn
Cons: slow raises, often understaffed, traces of favoritism
The Home Depot provides an excellent area to gain knowledge in specific fields regarding home ownership and renovation. A decenr salary based on perfomance, judged by your supervisor, may not always be a good thing, if you and your Boss tend to butt heads. The hardest part would to have been taking care of customers when the place was busy and we were – more... short staffed, the best had to be the excellent people surrounding and supporting eachother. – less
Home depot
Telephone sales (Former Employee), whitbyJuly 1, 2014
Pros: welcoming great customer service
Cons: slow low hours
*Working as cashier
*Provides excellent customer service
*Completes transactions in a timely manner
Excellent work environment
Cashier (Former Employee), Medicine Hat, ABJuly 1, 2014
Pros: work environment, adaptability, fast and accurate
Cons: nothing
Working in big firms gives extra confidence. I learned how to work with hundreds of co-workers, sharing the knowledge, gaining from their experience and knowledge. Learned at every second during my stay .
work
Sales Associate (Current Employee), calgary,abJune 30, 2014
A typical day for me at work is I arrive come in complete my required duties to the best of my ability and then take the responsibility to accomplish another goal .
na
Apprentice Plumber (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCJune 29, 2014
Pros: fun
its a fun place to work i really enjoy it and i think that you will enjoy it too the only think i dont like was dealing with angry customers but all you have to do is help them the best you can.
Home Depot
Cashier (Former Employee), Red Deer, ABJune 29, 2014
Pros: long lunch break, training, friendly work environment
I loves working for home depot. At Home depot you really feel like they care about you. It is like one big family. They will give you time off if you need it, they will do anything they can to help you succeed. The hours are good and they work with your schedule. Co-workers are great and friendly. I learned a lot about customer service through the three – more... day intensive training course they had me complete. – less
Learn lots
Lumber Associate - With some cash experience (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJune 29, 2014
Ok job while in high school.
Low wage with much more work to do than other usual jobs.
Fast paced and busy.

Management moves around too much and is very uncoordinated and things get messy.
Cash
Front-End Cashier & Customer Service (Current Employee), KitchenerJune 27, 2014
Helping customers with Transactions and Customers returns
Great Associates - Poor Management
Management (Former Employee), AlbertaJune 26, 2014
Pros: great associates
Cons: upper management ... old boys club .... liars
Great associates work for this company, where it falls apart is upper management. They have fired all the good people and managers.
Great environment, great people
Sales Associate, Designer (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABJune 25, 2014
As a full time associate for the past 3 years, I have had stable hours, great benefits and have been lucky to have great managers as well.
Everyone is always willing to help out and it really it a team role.
Hardest part of the job will always be dealing with difficult people, but that it with any job.
Most enjoyable part of the job is learning the – more... new products, designing and working with customers who have awesome ideas. – less
retail
Merchandise Execution Team Member (Current Employee), BramptonJune 24, 2014
Pros: monday to friday 6-3
Cons: money they pay
home depot is just like any other retail job the managers come and go as the store does good or bad
Everyone is very friendly
Cashier (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABJune 23, 2014
Pros: friendly staff, flexible working hours
Cons: standing still quite a bit, unorganized management
The work place is very friendly and we all help each other out in our daily tasks. Hardest part is dealing with upset customers and standing around. I love when i make people smile and there happy with there shopping experience. Management is not very organized. I wish they'd tell there staff more about incoming shipping days. etc
Good part time job
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Calgary, ABJune 18, 2014
Pros: food provided on holiday weekends.
Cons: no discounts or perks of any kind
I work in Tool Rentals. Can be fast paced during peak times. (Spring /Summer weekends) Scheduling is good as they work around my needs. Management is a little lackluster.
Sales Associate
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Markham, ONJune 18, 2014
Pros: get to choose your shift
Cons: pay isnt worth what i do
•Assists customers by providing them with product information
•Carefully assist customers with packing and transferring their goods by cart to their transportation
•Prepare shelves inventory in order to keep Purchasing Associate up-to-date on product requirements to keep up with sales request
•Ensure floor area are kept free of tripping hazards and – more... encumbrance to provide free movement for customers and also to ensure compliance with Health and Safety regulation; including keeping a very clean and welcoming area where customers can sit to place their special orders – less
Large Company
Freight worker (Former Employee), peterboroughJune 16, 2014
Pros: large company
Cons: hour cuts
Great place to establish work ethic
FIRST Find Inquire Respect Solve Thank
Management seemed to be tightly knit
Co-workers enjoyed being there
Working night shift is tough on the body
Helping customers complete DIY jobs
Low pay and no advancement
Sales Associate (Former Employee), KelownaJune 15, 2014
Pros: continuous learning
Cons: low pay, and bad hours
Management set high standards for low pay. Had no desire to give time off when a person wanted it, it was all about the bottom line and not about the staff or their needs.
Great People
Department Supervisor (Former Employee), calgary, abJune 12, 2014
Pros: people
Cons: horrible shifts and no respect
You meet some great people but a lot of idiots too!Very hard work for poor compensation.

About Home Depot

The Home Depot is an American retailer of home improvement, construction products and services. The Home Depot operates 2,248 – Read more