Home Depot
11,949 reviews

Home Depot Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive and Interactive
Cashier Special Services & Inventory team member (Current Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 9, 2015
I work under a great team of management that stays engaged in there employees. I also am in an incredible work environment with lots of fun, and joyful co-workers. The best part of my day is interacting with customers and getting to meet so many new and wonderful people. I learn things almost every shift, and enjoy the challenge of taking on new tasks. The hardest part of my day would occasionally be the mass amount of people I encounter in a day, and the amount of work that brings me. However that keeps me focused and motivated to continue to work to the best of my ability.
Customer Relations and good work culture
Sales Associate (Current Employee), winnipegFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: good work balance
Cons: less benefits
Management is supportive and associates are very helpful.
Customer interaction is fun and learning part of whole day.
Plumbing associate
Ancaster as plumbing Associate (Former Employee), Ancaster, ONFebruary 6, 2015
Pros: people interaction
Cons: people interaction (at times)
Good place to work with lots of interaction with other associates and customers. .Management knew how to run a store well and gave great guidelines to follow. There was plenty of skill upgrading supplied. The people I worked with showed a lot of care and knowledge in dealing with customers. The hardest part of job was trying to assist so many people at one time, Some people were not happy. And by far the best part was saving people a lot of money ,they were so happy .They would come back to store and say thank you to me.
Loved It!
Décor Specialist (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABFebruary 6, 2015
I loved working at The Home Depot.
I worked there for a long time and I wouldn't have left if the politics hadn't come in the way.
I loved the fast pace and a wide variety of staff and customers.
There were some "bosses" that didn't know anything about there departments.
Great People to work with
Paint Associate / Cashier / Kitchen & Bath (Current Employee), Mississauga, OntarioFebruary 5, 2015
Pros: great people to work with, great customers
Cons: hard to get full time employment...
This is a great retail business with a really great management team.I have been given the opportunity to learn alot of different departments.
Productive, busy service environment
Operations ASM (Former Employee), EdmontonFebruary 5, 2015
The worlds largest hardware store, 321,000 Employees... busy environment, fast paced, excellent learning environment. A diverse and enriched culture of people from all walks of life and age... a great place to work.
Fun workplace with lots of good co-workers
Sales Rep (Former Employee), London,ONFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: great co-workers
Spent most days doing things for customers outside of my department that I had no idea how to help because I was uneducated in those departments.
Project Support Coordinator (Current Employee), Scarborough, ONFebruary 2, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: weekend work
- Respectful and supportive management.
- Empowered to do what is right for the customer
- Encouraged to look for advancement opportunities
- Work/life balance can be challenging with varying shifts and weekend work
Unorganised managment
Speciality Associate& Seasonal (Current Employee), Bolton, ONFebruary 2, 2015
My daily activities consist of preparing your chosen department and making it presentable for customers and accessible to the products for purchase.
Good people, typical retail
Lot Associate (Former Employee), Kamloops, BCFebruary 1, 2015
Most of the people at Home Depot are great and easy to get along with, working in retail sucks anywhere you go though. Lot Associate is a far more difficult position than it initially seems to be. In the short year I was there I seen quite a few people come and go usually within a month or two. Everyday is different and most times you're on your own having 3 different tills to get to across the whole store in freezing cold or blazing heat so it takes a lot of VERY quick learning to be able to do this job efficiently. All in all looking back at it now it was a good experience, a tough one but a good one non the less.
Exciting place to work
System Consultant Jr (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 31, 2015
Good environment, friendly co workers, Very focused line of sight in terms of responsibilities.
Work sometimes get repetitive but good place to perfect troubleshooting skills.
productive work place
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Niagara Falls, ONJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: co workers
Cons: at times it was no direction
it was busy and fast pace. the customer were excellent and friendly,
productive
head cashier/computer room associate (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: hours were great
Cons: support
Very busy work environment, co workers helpful, management helpful
Hands on job
-family business
-small work group
Fun workplace
Customer Service Desk (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJanuary 21, 2015
Very friendly environment, friendly employees. Enjoyable.
Positive Workplace
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee), Winnipeg ManitobaJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: positive work place
Cons: not long enough lunch
Very positive work environment , full of friendly employees
Productive work environment with good benefits
Head Cashier/Workshop Leader (Current Employee), Scarborough, ONJanuary 16, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: hours
A typical day at Home Depot is managing daily coverage of cashiers including breaks and lunches. A typical day often includes providing a superb level of customer service. Other duties include arranging time for cashier training sessions, motivating the team to reach credit and sales goals.

As a Head Cashier I've learned positive behavioural management skills. During my time at the Home Depot, I've learned affective time management skills that transfer well into other opportunities.
Dynamic and fun workplace
Electrical Associate (Current Employee), Thunder Bay, ONJanuary 14, 2015
Home depot allows one to gain knowledge in any field associated with their department. In my case, working in an electrical department, home depot provided me with knowledge about electrical installations above what i've learned in college.
Customer Service Oriented as a Home Depot Head Cashier
Head Cashier (Current Employee), Richmond HillJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: break every two hours, half hour or hour lunches, co-workers, management, and different kinds of people
Cons: movement in the company, support from upper management, and processes of transactions
Day-to-day tasks involve a multitude of personalities from co-workers to customers of all types of ethnicity and backrounds, so get ready to be on your feet for problems in returns or a cashier who does not know how to process a check. Its " the good, the bad and the real ugly" wink wink, clint eastwood movie refrences; when dealing as a head cashier at The Home Depot. Shoppers are in constant need discounts, store credits and catering to their every need because a product fell on the floor or its dusty and they dont want to pick it up. But its all part of the job and customer service through retail is what your all about; so smile, listen and delegate the day so others can too because remember your a leader to others, an amazing team, as a head cashier.
Good Job
Project coordinator/sales associate (Former Employee), Red Deer, ABJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: great benefits and lots of free lunchs
Cons: lack of teamwork
I worked and cross trained in many departments and enjoyed
learning them all.

A typical day for me was the dashboard and the installs.
I spent most of the day on the phone and resolving issues.
A very fast paced job and time management could become
an issue at times as the company was always cutting
positions. My biggest challenge was I was pulled in every
direction as I was trained in all aspects of the store. I was
doing a job that required three people to do previous so
frustration and no help became an issue. I believe the
management needs to be more hands on in all aspects
to serve the customers better.

Overall they were a good company to work for and they
do a lot for their employees. They have a great benefit
plan and do a lot for the community.

About Home Depot

The Home Depot is the global leader in home improvement and fourth largest retailer in the world. Providing superior customer – Read more