Home Depot
9,624 reviews

Home Depot Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Retail Environment, many products to learn applications
Co-op Student (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 17, 2014
Pros: co-op position, ability to observe most store functions, and take part in them.
Cons: no pay
I worked here as a co-op student. My typical work day involved me re-organizing products and helping customers find the best product for them.

I learned much of how the retail environment functions. I've worked in every department to learn their products and which ones would suit a homeowners and a contractor.

Management was great, they handled all – more... my questions when necessary.

Co-workers were very fun to work with, working in pairs sometimes to handle a customers needs can prove more fun and also builds customer appreciation.

Hardest part of the job was handling many customers questions at once.

Most enjoyable part of my job was the flexibility of my position, which allowed me to never be still,it deepened my understanding of the retail industry. I always had my hands full helping co-workers around the store, learning about what needs the departments had which weren't being fulfilled and being able to take care of the minimal duties which improved the quality of service given by my co-workers. – less
HD culture
SPECIALTY SALES ASSOCIATE, VAULT ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 17, 2014
Good place to start working as a teen or retirement age.
Decent place for advancement if you are motivated to do so.
Co workers are usually friendly and helpful.
Managers are perfectly adequate.
ok place
Merchandising Associate (Former Employee), Woodstock, ONJuly 16, 2014
Pros: long lunches
Cons: management
easy work, can be fast paced environment but overall satisfactory
Cashier Life
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Brantford, ONJuly 15, 2014
Home Depot is a really exciting and fun environment. As a cashier, I was previously trained through other part time cashier jobs, when I was trained at Home Depot, they made it their mission to have every customer leave satisfied. I really enjoyed working at the lumber doors, dealing with the contractors and construction workers.
some nice people there
Cashier (Former Employee), empress st winnipegJuly 14, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: not enough promotions
the people were nice,but trying to advance in the company was hard,i would apply for head cashier they told me you have enough experience but we need you on cash
fun work place
Lumber associate (Current Employee), Bracebridge, ONJuly 14, 2014
i learned how to do designs and how to handle customers in a good way
Productive work place
Merchandiser (Current Employee), London, ONJuly 12, 2014
Pros: working unsupervised
great company to work for. Amazing work environment

typical work day: start at 7am, work till about 3 or 4
Productive workplace with a comforting breakroom
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 8, 2014
Cons: long hours with a mandatory one-hour long lunch
Work usually involves attending to customers' needs and requires a fair deal of technical expertise or knowledge considering many customers' inquiries are related to home improvement. Management is straightforward and co-workers get along with each other just fine. However the major drawback is that for a new associate it may be quite hard for them – more... to attend to every customers' demand for that you're put into one department of the store and customers usually expect you to know the answer to their questions regardless. – less
mid paced workplace
Night crew (Former Employee), Sherwood Park, ABJuly 8, 2014
home depot was a good mid paced workplace that could have used a few more people to keep up with stock.
N/A
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Brampton, ONJuly 7, 2014
work day is fun. Good place to work. Co workers are very great to work with and supportive.
Learned so much working for Home Depot
Kitchen designer (Former Employee), St. Catharines, ONJuly 5, 2014
Pros: great work environment
I learned a lot working for home depot
kitchen designing
enjoyed the art of designing kitchens with the customers and bringing their ideas to life
fun, exciting, challenging and satisfaction.
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Port Coquitlam, BCJuly 4, 2014
Pros: team work environment. great management.good benefits.
Cons: i don't see any cons in my work environment.
Dealing with customer and finding the right answer and product is my everyday job.
I learned to educate myself to be able to solve customer's problems. Management skills and experience helps me to have satisfy customers.
My communication skills helps me to have a great relation with my co-workers.
The hardest part of the job is when I am surrounded – more... by lots of customers and I some of them don't want to wait.
THe most enjoyable part of the job is when customer is satisfied with my service and report it to manager. – less
Great people
Department Supervisor (Current Employee), Kingston, ONJuly 2, 2014
It is a great place to work with different challenges everyday. The people are fantastic to work with and the benefits are exceptional. I manage two departments, where I control and maintain inventory levels to meet customer demand.
i am productive and always ready for new challenge .
associate in tool rental section (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONJuly 2, 2014
Pros: bonuses
Cons: long hours
There are so many things that i have learned being part of home depot for example customer service , time management and how to keep yourself energetic .
different ideas can be achieved by working with different types of people.
Home depot
Telephone sales (Former Employee), whitbyJuly 1, 2014
Pros: welcoming great customer service
Cons: slow low hours
*Working as cashier
*Provides excellent customer service
*Completes transactions in a timely manner
Excellent work environment
Cashier (Former Employee), Medicine Hat, ABJuly 1, 2014
Pros: work environment, adaptability, fast and accurate
Cons: nothing
Working in big firms gives extra confidence. I learned how to work with hundreds of co-workers, sharing the knowledge, gaining from their experience and knowledge. Learned at every second during my stay .
work
Sales Associate (Current Employee), calgary,abJune 30, 2014
A typical day for me at work is I arrive come in complete my required duties to the best of my ability and then take the responsibility to accomplish another goal .
na
Apprentice Plumber (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCJune 29, 2014
Pros: fun
its a fun place to work i really enjoy it and i think that you will enjoy it too the only think i dont like was dealing with angry customers but all you have to do is help them the best you can.
Home Depot
Cashier (Former Employee), Red Deer, ABJune 29, 2014
Pros: long lunch break, training, friendly work environment
I loves working for home depot. At Home depot you really feel like they care about you. It is like one big family. They will give you time off if you need it, they will do anything they can to help you succeed. The hours are good and they work with your schedule. Co-workers are great and friendly. I learned a lot about customer service through the three – more... day intensive training course they had me complete. – less
Learn lots
Lumber Associate - With some cash experience (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJune 29, 2014
Ok job while in high school.
Low wage with much more work to do than other usual jobs.
Fast paced and busy.

Management moves around too much and is very uncoordinated and things get messy.

About Home Depot

The Home Depot is the global leader in home improvement and fourth largest retailer in the world. Providing superior customer – Read more