Home Depot Employee Reviews in Canada

Found 1,176 reviews matching the search
Alright all around position.
Merchandising Execution Team (MET) (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SKDecember 6, 2015
Can be a fun yet productive work environment. Has decent working schedule hours Monday through Friday, weekends off. Great health benefits for full time associates.
Pros
Regular weekday shifts, good benefits
The people you work with make the job fun.
Delivery and Will Call Coordinator (Former Employee) –  St. Albert, ABDecember 12, 2015
It was a good temp job until something better came along.It has to revamp the salary scale to stop going through tons of people.
Pros
They have good benefits.
Cons
Low retail salary!
Overall a good company to work for
Head Cashier (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NSNovember 13, 2015
Decent benefits, nice coworkers and good customer service. It's very hard to get fired though and that can be a problem with bad coworkers who have a negative effect on the work atmosphere.
Night shift review
Night shift (Current Employee) –  CambridgeSeptember 3, 2015
Night shift is ok. its a good job but its really hard to balance life and work with these hours. however its the perfect shift to get your foot in the door with the company and learn how to use lift trucks and how the company works without worrying about customers. very supportive management and a great company to work for as a whole. the job is easy but can also be a work out.
Pros
part time benefits, lift truck training
Cons
hard hours at night.
great company
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BCOctober 1, 2015
Great company to work for if you want advancement there approach is great, lots of training and the company polices are good. Overall the experience I had was very positive.
Pros
great benifits
Cons
long hours shift work
THD is a great company to work for.
Fulfillment Associate (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ONOctober 26, 2015
There are many benefits to working at THD, but my favorite is the diversity of the people that work there coming together to achieve goals that lead to greatness. Whether there as a part-time student or as a full-time associate you have a home with Home Depot.
Enloyed the challange of not knowing what each day was going to present.
Sepcial Services Desk (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ONOctober 2, 2015
Was a pleasant work environment. Each day presented a new challenge to problem solve. I enjoyed working with my fellow associates. I loved making people happy and this environment provide many opportunities to do just that.
Pros
exciting work enviroment
Cons
low compensation
Great staff interaction, Great benefits
Pro Account Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NBOctober 18, 2015
Good working environment, advancement is possible with proper training provided, Wages could be improved according to skills and experience.
Benefits
Cons
wages
Great Environment and Staff
Customer Service Representative/Cashier (Current Employee) –  North York, TorontoJuly 16, 2015
My typical day at work would be to come in and provide excellent customer service to all customers in the store. Whether I am doing a floor sale or phone sale or cashing out customers my job at the home depot is to make sure every single customer leaves with complete satisfaction and a smile on their face and only then I know my job is completed. At the home depot I've learned the company's core values such as doing the right thing, respect for all people, building store/customer relationships, and most importantly giving exceptional customer service. The management team at the home depot are very friendly and welcoming but can not always be found when associates on the floor need help and should be more respectful when disciplining associates. Like most jobs they all have pros and cons, the hardest part about my job is opening up new home depot credit cards but the most enjoyable part about my job is being a team player and getting to work with some amazing people.
Pros
Great staff, Great benefits, Long lunch periods.
Cons
Not the best management, not the best pay
Long Term Employee
Appliance associate, Kitchen / Bath , Plumbing (Former Employee) –  British ColumbiaAugust 29, 2015
Firstly...no place is perfect. For over 5 years I worked at the Home Depot as a part time associate. Over that time I mastered almost every department. I am not boasting but my desire to learn new retail methods encouraged me to a very high level of customer service. Comparing retail of today what it was 35 years ago to today....
1) Better pay
2) Better benefits
3) Lazier people
4) A terrible work / life balance.
5) Majority of associates not savvy in basic knowledge and even poorer customers.
6)Very arrogant customers lacking respect and integrity
7)Success sharing that was pitiful compared to a nice employee discount.
8) Higher expectations for management created by unruly customers.
9) Ethnic change that was huge
10) Open on holidays and Sunday (bad, very bad)

To summerize, a good basic place to work temporarly. Unfortunately Home Depot does not create a career oriented place of work due to foolish schedules and poor management. Close Sundays, say "no" to continual returns. Build a respectful relationship with customer and associate. Their scheduling is poor at best, years ago it was simple but today they create a confusing system. This by far is the worst dynamic of Home Depot. One last point...stop buying Chinese products only North American.
Pros
Pay, benefits
Cons
ridiculous scheduling with little respect for the associate
productive fast paced enviroment
Special Service Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  westmount edmonton albertaSeptember 21, 2015
Fun fast work pace with nothing the same twice. Benefits are really good and are worth it. Politics can be some what out there but all around management tries to work with you as much as they can.
Great Job Awesome Benefits.
CUSTOMER SERVICE HOME SENSE (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 31, 2016
Typical day at work would be greeting customers, answering their questions/concerns, directing them where they need to go and cashing them out. I have learned that the customer is always right, even if there is a misunderstanding. Being polite, thanking the customer and great customer service are all great aspects to keep the customer satisfied and coming back.

Management and co-workers are great at Home Depot. Everyone is friendly and professional. The cons at work would be delayed lunch schedules and low staff on busy days.

Best part of my job is hearing back compliments from a customer from management and knowing that the customer walks away satisfied.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
delayed lunch schedule
always a good day at home depot
Assistant Store Manager Hardliners (Former Employee) –  Home depot CalgaryOctober 1, 2015
the company has a very good training program and is always looking to help staff advance, best place to work great policies.
Pros
good benifits
Cons
shift work long hours
Floor worker (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONNovember 12, 2015
Really friendly co workers willing to help new employees out.This place had great benefits even for part time employees . Great hours
very hard working employees
Night Shift Labourer (Current Employee) –  Dartmouth, NSSeptember 14, 2015
I have learned that the hardest part of the job is dealing with being exhausted and the end of the shift because of the stretch of working backshift. everything else is very good about the company
Pros
great employees to work with and good benifits
Cons
alot of sleep fatgue from working back shift
Not a Career Company
Head Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABFebruary 11, 2016
Working at the Skyview Home Depot was enjoyable for the most part.

Your typical day, depended on what shift/day you worked!

I have learned responsibility, independence, time management skills and what teamwork really is!

The management I knew were always looking after their associates then. Now the management's style is hostile and favouritism based!

The associates that I have worked with by nature were happy, until this stores management changed them!

The only part hard about my job was the lack of staffing at times, but, was at most, resolvable!

The enjoyable part of my job was my management process, the work within my duties and the associates whose ethics and personality, kept me there all these years!
Pros
Build responsibility/skills, Christmas parties, profit sharing, homer awards!
Cons
Depends on peers. Vac (1st come/serve), Schedules aren't flexible to lifestyle!
Fun work Environment
Customer Service Associate (P/T) (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB.Canada.September 11, 2015
Great company to work for. Always lots to learn and good opportunities for advancement.

Highly recommend to anyone wanting to work here.
Pros
Fun work environment
Cons
Not very good benefits
time flies when it is busy, cant make living here tho
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Owen Sound, OntarioMay 18, 2015
Not a bad place to work. Most customers are very friendly and appreciate your efforts which makes your job a lot more enjoyable.
Management is mostly supportive, but poorly trained or chosen. Not sure which.
The expectations of this job are huge. For minimum wage you bust your hump and then some. You have to like what you do or you will not stay. It certainly is not for the money. Very few chances for advancement. Wage increases are paltry.
Pros
Good people, benefits even for part-time, flexible hours
Cons
you cannot earn a living on this wage and these hours
Friendly environment, work as a family
Sales Associate/Flooring Specialist (Current Employee) –  Pickering, ONJanuary 10, 2016
Home Depot is a family oriented business with core values that promote a positive environment and excellent customer service. A typical day at work involves working as a team to seek out and serve customers to be best of our ability.

The management team is always available to provide support, training and acknowledgement of a job well done. We all work together as a team, co-workers as well as management.

The hardest part of the job is following up on your customer needs, as our schedule changes on a daily basis. At The Home Depot, we receive a wealth of knowledge and training on products and D.I.Y.'s. I really enjoy using the knowledge I have gained to ensure that my customer projects are successful.
Pros
Free Training, Free Lunches, Option to sit on various Committees
Cons
Working weekends, Schedule changes daily.
outbound loader
Outbound Loader (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONJanuary 12, 2016
it was overall an okay job. It became very stressful and challenging when many of our employees decide to quit. the company had good pay and good management.
Pros
free lunch