Home Depot

Home Depot Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Typical Big Box Retail
Dept. Supervisor (Former Employee), St. John's, NLJuly 16, 2015
Positive employment environment for big box store.
Management benefits very well but high employee turnover for workers.
Products offered by home office may not meet needs of local customers..
Great Environment and Staff
Customer Service Representative/Cashier (Current Employee), North York, TorontoJuly 16, 2015
Pros: Great staff, Great benefits, Long lunch periods.
Cons: Not the best management, not the best pay
My typical day at work would be to come in and provide excellent customer service to all customers in the store. Whether I am doing a floor sale or phone sale or cashing out customers my job at the home depot is to make sure every single customer leaves with complete satisfaction and a smile on their face and only then I know my job is completed. At the home depot I've learned the company's core values such as doing the right thing, respect for all people, building store/customer relationships, and most importantly giving exceptional customer service. The management team at the home depot are very friendly and welcoming but can not always be found when associates on the floor need help and should be more respectful when disciplining associates. Like most jobs they all have pros and cons, the hardest part about my job is opening up new home depot credit cards but the most enjoyable part about my job is being a team player and getting to work with some amazing people.
Hectic, but friendly workplace
Cashier/ Customer Service Rep - Part-Time (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBJuly 15, 2015
Pros: Friendly staff, majority of customers are friendly
Cons: Lack of solid leadership
A typical day at work is providing excellent customer service, solving customers problems in person as well as the on the phone.
Co-workers and management are friendly and helpful.
There are no hard parts to this jobs, only new opportunities to be explored.

The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting and helping customers.
Great Company !
Manager Contractor Services (Current Employee), Calgary, ABJuly 15, 2015
Pros: Fun work environment, great benefits
Cons: Uncertain hours, singular development
Home Depot is a great company for students part- timers and people looking to build their career in retail and retail management.It provides great benefits for students part timers and their full time employees. Working hours could be an issue for some looking for a stable job hours , as in retail closing and opening hours are longer especially for a big box retailer.

It is a great employers with lot of different cultures into the one work place and gives equal opportunity to all different people.
If you enjoy meeting people this is the place to be.
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Pickering, ONJuly 12, 2015
Pros: When a project is done and the customer is thrilled with the end result.
Cons: Unfortuneatly Home Depot does not pay well. We lose a lot good people based on that reason alone.
As a pro associate my job is to interact with customers/contractors. I must deal with all situations in the store, every department. I assist in helping customers with large projects such basement renovations or building deck and fences, also responsible for deck and fence designs.
What is rewarding is when a project comes together, not just the sale, but what I may have learned during this project and customer satisfaction, the end result.
What also helps are the associates I work with, they are helpful and fun to be with.

As I have been at HD for almost two years, I have only work as a pro associate since November 2014. Since I do not have a background in construction it can sometimes be difficult to help the customers. But I ask a lot of questions and I always find an answer.
Engaging work with lots of customer service
Seasonal Associate (Current Employee), Markham, ONJuly 10, 2015
Pros: Variety of customers, I'm interested in what I sell.
Cons: Lots of Standing on a concrete floor.
As a part time employee, I focus on serving customers, inputting and fulfilling sales and delivery orders, and replenishing inventory. Home Depot also uses SAP in their processes, so I have exposure with ERP not only from my coursework but also in practical use at work.
great place
Associate, Receiving and Freight (Former Employee), Montréal, QCJuly 9, 2015
Pros: team
Cons: hours
great place to work, great team and lots of opportunities to learn. great training program and feedback and opportunities to advance.
Change over in staff is often. But if you like the building material atmosphere it is fun.
Sales (Former Employee), OntarioJuly 9, 2015
Pros: Great training
Cons: Short staffed and face paced daily
Fast Pace with little staff.
The training is very good they will take time and hours for you.
Management is just as over worked and overloaded as staff members
Co-workers vary in personality so makes it enjoyable.
Productive and informative work environment
Appliance Specialist (Current Employee), Waterloo, ONJuly 8, 2015
When I first started at The Home Depot, I did not know anything about appliances except for the ones in my student house and at my parents'. With the proper training, I received the title of Appliance Specialist and was able to help customers make informed decisions on what to buy for their homes. It was a very rewarding experience knowing that I was helping young adults a few years older than myself, to retired couples over the age of 65 make decisions that so significantly impacted their lives. Especially when I was, at the time, only 22 and without a home of my own. I took pride in the fact that I was able to educate myself in my department, and pick up home-owner tips from others as well. With the help of my supervisors and other managers, I was able to receive the right training and guidance to become an informed associate who could provide excellent customer service. I really enjoy working with the rest of my appliance team, as we communicate so well on things from customer issues to delegating tasks and providing any extra knowledge. Staying on top of constantly updating information is the most difficult part of the job, as I have to know about it before the customer so that I can relay the best and most current information to them. I always enjoy the feeling of completing a big sale, knowing that the customer left happy having gotten what they were looking for, and that I was able to positively affect the company's bottom line.
Nice place to work for students
chef des caisses (Current Employee), 1000 Sauvé OuestJuly 7, 2015
Pros: Good team
Cons: Long hours
Everyday can be different, some days are very busy and some are just very quiet. Nonetheless, I always have lots to do, helping a customer here, helping an associate there, I can't forget to manage my own department and my associates, the cashiers.
I learned to be resourceful, to work fast and provide an excellent customer service even when they are difficult. I also learned how to work under pressure.
The hardest part was to work under pressure.
The most enjoyable part was to work with amazing people, it would make the day easier. Also, this job suits a student like me, who ask flexible hours.
they do have functions for staff onces in awhile
Cashier (Former Employee), Chilliwack, BCJuly 6, 2015
Pros: success sharing
Cons: no good raises, very cliquey
jobs alright but wages and raises arent the best as for advancement unless you get along with right ppl good luck,hours can be all over the place, can book days off well in advance they train you in some machine work but only valid at home depot
very busy
Department Manager (Former Employee), Greater Sudbury, ONJuly 4, 2015
Pros: healthcare was great
Cons: hard to find products
I worked in the seasonal dept. very busy in the summer, had a great staff, and enjoyed working with them.
I really enjoyed working with the customers.
but the hardest thing about working with home depot. very un-organized, the stockers at night would put products up on the high beams, and it was very hard to find the products that the customers was wanting
Very good place to work
Puckdown associate (Current Employee), Polo Park Winnipeg,MBJuly 2, 2015
Pros: sometime we have free lunch
Cons: Sometime it feel like a long night when is not busy
I always start my shift unloading trucks then stocking and cleaning in the earlier morning before store open. So many great people with great personalities
Professional, Productive, and Fun
Millwork Sales Associate (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 2, 2015
• Recipient of The Homer Award for recording an extremely accurate individual percentage, of 97.3%, of annual inventory and shrink prevention count for the Millwork Department
• Averaging a successful $59.7 dollars/hour in sales in the last fiscal quarter
• Processing clients credit history applications for The Home Depot Credit Card
• Designing various complex, detailed and unique blueprints of exterior, interior, patio, storm and garage doors, as well as windows and many other interior mouldings on a computer software application
• Creating quotes for various custom millwork related products and efficiently closing the sale
• Establishing installs for unique millwork related projects at a minimum cost of $ 2000 dollars in the last fiscal quarter, with a success rate of 90% in the last month
• Proactively seeking new customer relationships and understanding that customers are the main priority in successful and profitable business relations
Normal Day at Boston Pizza
Paint Associate (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJuly 2, 2015
I would arrive at work, get prepared in all my work attire. Get to the kitchen and see where my supervisor wanted me. Once i was put on a station I would prepare my station for the what was to come.
Productive, fun workplace
Delivery Coordinator (Former Employee), Cambridge, ONJuly 2, 2015
Pros: Free lunches, asset sharing program, benefits, fun workplace
Cons: some struggle with getting full hours
I found it easy to fit into the Home Depot team. Everyone was inviting and always looking to help. Would recommend to anyone I know
Get to work with so many different people with all different aspirations in life
HR/Staffing Coordinator, Operations Manager (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONJuly 2, 2015
Pros: Great collegues
Cons: Schedule
Home Depot is a great company - the co-workers are a wonderful bunch of people and there is constant room to meet more. I have made some wonderful friends and some great memories. Home Depot has shown me what I want to do in life as a career and that is Human Resources. It has been 13 years with them and I have learned a great deal about life, work experience and retail in general. It is a great place if you are a student looking to get through school or also for someone who is retired and looking to keep busy.
potential for growth
Supervisor (Former Employee), Brampton, ONJuly 1, 2015
Pros: fun culture
Cons: bringing work home
good place to grow if your new to merchandising or sales. lots of education and training for new associates. lots of responsibilities and customers to help. You wont get bored easily. Lots to learn.
Good company
Information System Support (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJune 27, 2015
Good company to work with. People at the company are very friendly and helpful. At the end of year, they had giving out a lot of surprise which is electronic, ticket for travelling to whoever a winner.
Productive Place
Cashier (Former Employee), 2375 steeles ave westJune 27, 2015
-Fast paced environment
-Stock up shelves
-Report to head cashier every two hours.
-Multi task as a Cashier