Home Depot

Home Depot Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Not very enjoyable.
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONFebruary 10, 2015
Cons: long hours
It's an okay job. The hours are sporadic and not as flexible as you would think. The job is not trying or particularly difficult but it is dull and the entire company is managed porrly.
Productive and Interactive
Cashier Special Services & Inventory team member (Current Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 9, 2015
I work under a great team of management that stays engaged in there employees. I also am in an incredible work environment with lots of fun, and joyful co-workers. The best part of my day is interacting with customers and getting to meet so many new and wonderful people. I learn things almost every shift, and enjoy the challenge of taking on new tasks. The hardest part of my day would occasionally be the mass amount of people I encounter in a day, and the amount of work that brings me. However that keeps me focused and motivated to continue to work to the best of my ability.
Customer Relations and good work culture
Sales Associate (Current Employee), winnipegFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: good work balance
Cons: less benefits
Management is supportive and associates are very helpful.
Customer interaction is fun and learning part of whole day.
Plumbing associate
Ancaster as plumbing Associate (Former Employee), Ancaster, ONFebruary 6, 2015
Pros: people interaction
Cons: people interaction (at times)
Good place to work with lots of interaction with other associates and customers. .Management knew how to run a store well and gave great guidelines to follow. There was plenty of skill upgrading supplied. The people I worked with showed a lot of care and knowledge in dealing with customers. The hardest part of job was trying to assist so many people at one time, Some people were not happy. And by far the best part was saving people a lot of money ,they were so happy .They would come back to store and say thank you to me.
Loved It!
Décor Specialist (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABFebruary 6, 2015
I loved working at The Home Depot.
I worked there for a long time and I wouldn't have left if the politics hadn't come in the way.
I loved the fast pace and a wide variety of staff and customers.
There were some "bosses" that didn't know anything about there departments.
Great People to work with
Paint Associate / Cashier / Kitchen & Bath (Current Employee), Mississauga, OntarioFebruary 5, 2015
Pros: great people to work with, great customers
Cons: hard to get full time employment...
This is a great retail business with a really great management team.I have been given the opportunity to learn alot of different departments.
Productive, busy service environment
Operations ASM (Former Employee), EdmontonFebruary 5, 2015
The worlds largest hardware store, 321,000 Employees... busy environment, fast paced, excellent learning environment. A diverse and enriched culture of people from all walks of life and age... a great place to work.
Fun workplace with lots of good co-workers
Sales Rep (Former Employee), London,ONFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: great co-workers
Spent most days doing things for customers outside of my department that I had no idea how to help because I was uneducated in those departments.
bonne vision de travail
Service à la clientèle (Former Employee), montreal beaubienFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: employés courtois entre eux
Cons: mauvais sens de gestion des superviseurs basé sur les emotions
Offrant un bel environnement de travail basé sur une forte diversité culturelle, la compagnie home depot se démarque par la qualité de son service à la clientèle et affiche une roue de valeurs convenable.
Cependant les aspects négatifs n'ont aucun rapport avec la compagnie et ont tout à voir avec le personnel directeur qui favorise le copinage aux compétences, ce qui en soi amenuise les opportunités de développement des employés .
Fort heureusement seul UN magasin est touché par cette gestion, en l’occurrence celui de Beaubien.
Project Support Coordinator (Current Employee), Scarborough, ONFebruary 2, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: weekend work
- Respectful and supportive management.
- Empowered to do what is right for the customer
- Encouraged to look for advancement opportunities
- Work/life balance can be challenging with varying shifts and weekend work
Unorganised managment
Speciality Associate& Seasonal (Current Employee), Bolton, ONFebruary 2, 2015
My daily activities consist of preparing your chosen department and making it presentable for customers and accessible to the products for purchase.
Good people, typical retail
Lot Associate (Former Employee), Kamloops, BCFebruary 1, 2015
Most of the people at Home Depot are great and easy to get along with, working in retail sucks anywhere you go though. Lot Associate is a far more difficult position than it initially seems to be. In the short year I was there I seen quite a few people come and go usually within a month or two. Everyday is different and most times you're on your own having 3 different tills to get to across the whole store in freezing cold or blazing heat so it takes a lot of VERY quick learning to be able to do this job efficiently. All in all looking back at it now it was a good experience, a tough one but a good one non the less.
Exciting place to work
System Consultant Jr (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 31, 2015
Good environment, friendly co workers, Very focused line of sight in terms of responsibilities.
Work sometimes get repetitive but good place to perfect troubleshooting skills.
productive work place
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Niagara Falls, ONJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: co workers
Cons: at times it was no direction
it was busy and fast pace. the customer were excellent and friendly,
productive
head cashier/computer room associate (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: hours were great
Cons: support
Very busy work environment, co workers helpful, management helpful
Equipe de travail extremement agreable
Service à la clientèle (Caissière/voute) (Current Employee), Quebec City, QCJanuary 27, 2015
L'entreprise est fantastique, excellente culture et équipe superbe
Hands on job
-family business
-small work group
Fun workplace
Customer Service Desk (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJanuary 21, 2015
Very friendly environment, friendly employees. Enjoyable.
Positive Workplace
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee), Winnipeg ManitobaJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: positive work place
Cons: not long enough lunch
Very positive work environment , full of friendly employees
Productive work environment with good benefits
Head Cashier/Workshop Leader (Current Employee), Scarborough, ONJanuary 16, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: hours
A typical day at Home Depot is managing daily coverage of cashiers including breaks and lunches. A typical day often includes providing a superb level of customer service. Other duties include arranging time for cashier training sessions, motivating the team to reach credit and sales goals.

As a Head Cashier I've learned positive behavioural management skills. During my time at the Home Depot, I've learned affective time management skills that transfer well into other opportunities.

About Home Depot

The Home Depot is the global leader in home improvement and fourth largest retailer in the world. Providing superior customer – Read more