Home Depot
11,026 reviews

Home Depot Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Sales and helping Customers.Day to day meeting with customers and nice talking with them.Demonstrate the tools.Every six months,profit sharing and par
Sales associate (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABNovember 14, 2014
Pros: free lunch on ocation
Shift Duty.
learned about different brand off tools and its specification.
Friendly working atmosphere.
Co-workers are help each other and sharing their ideas.
Some times hard to locate some item away from the department and placed in over head shelf.
friendly people to work with
Cashier and Sales Associate (Former Employee), Montréal, QCNovember 13, 2014
Pros: friendly people to work with
Cons: busy days
The people are Home Depot are friendly. However, there is never enough staff.
Baptism by fire
Tool Rental Associate II (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABNovember 10, 2014
I was tossed into the department in a baptism by fire style and had to work my first few day with food poisoning because they were so desperate for people to work.
A typical day at work (summer time) started the minute you walked into the department. Customers lined up at least 10 people deep when it was slow, don't even ask how crazy it was when it – more... was busy.
Breaks were hard to come by and more often than not we went without as there was simply no coverage.
My coworkers there were some of the best people I have had the privilage to work with however. Hard working and very dedicated to their jobs and customer service. – less
fast paced, on your feet all day
Cashier (Current Employee), Red Deer, ABNovember 9, 2014
typical day is a 8 hour shift correlating from busy periods to slow periods.
Lots of room for advancement
Supervisor / Forklift Driver (Former Employee), Victoria, BCNovember 6, 2014
Pros: always new product to learn about and research
Cons: not very good pay
Cross merchandising manager, I was in charge of all display's set up and tracking of product. Working with vendors and management to increase sales.
It was ok
Merchandiser (Current Employee), ontarioNovember 6, 2014
Pros: i liked the warehouse environment, it was a change of pace for me from fashion
Cons: i missed the artistic part of fashion merchandising. i felt limited.
I was on the Merchandising Execution Team at the Home Depot. My job description as an MEA is to perform in-store merchandising service activities such as merchandising projects, planogram maintenance, overhead organization and display/signage maintenance designed to enhance the customer experience , as well as ongoing seasonal flips and set ups.
Good Learning Experience
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Calgary, ABNovember 4, 2014
Pros: good exposure.
Cons: far away from my place of residence
On a typical day at work I look out for customers in need of customer assistance, greet them in appropriate manner, listen to their requirements and understand their needs, suggest and help find customers different products for their projects. I also restock merchandise and make the shelves look organised.

I learn a lot about different electrical and – more... electronic products. This job has helped me learn how to serve different types of customer in rush hour which includes finding products for an electrician and helping a normal customer having less experience in electrical at the same time.

The management is above average and effective.

The co-workers are from different cultures and are very supportive.

The hardest part of the job is to deal with professional contractors and understanding their product requirements for complex projects which is also the most enjoyable part of the job as it makes me learn even more. – less
Lack of Care
Pro Account Sales Associate (Former Employee), Lloydminster, SKNovember 4, 2014
There was a distinct lack of care from the management that trickled down to all the employees. One of the last issues that I saw before leaving involved a fantastic young associate who was helping a customer with some wood stakes. It was after the man's shift had ended and he was no longer wearing his smock or steel toe shoes. The Opperations Assistant – more... Manager walked past him and said "Are you wearing steel toes? Are you still punched in?" and when the associate said "no" the Assistant Manager barked back, "then no helping!" and he stormed off.
I understand the liability issues at hand but at least he could have stopped to help the customer for the ten seconds it would have taken.
Worst part was, the store manager hadn't heard about the situation until I spoke to him two weeks later. Two more weeks past and nothing had been said to the associate or done about the Assistant Manager.
Just one example of the incompetence and indifference that was not only tolerated, but seemingly encouraged there. – less
too much work for no compensation
Sales; recieving; shipping; stocking (Former Employee), winnipeg, MBNovember 2, 2014
They could ask you to work at any department any time and any how. they even send some people shovel the snow around the store during the winter.
and they don't want to pay more than the minimum wage.
the co-workers are careless.
the goal is to get the maximum off the workers without paying more than the minimum wage
Équipe de collègues de travail hors pairs
Marchandiseur (Current Employee), AnjouNovember 2, 2014
Pros: stationnement gratuit
genre de travail â mon image
minutie et détails
pas d'opportunités d'avancement
horaire instable
Productive and great team environment.
MET Associate - Merchandiser (Current Employee), Calgary, ABNovember 2, 2014
Enjoyable, fun and supportive work environment. A company that works with its employees to create a family environment and nurtures growth and advancing education.
Lots of training,Lots of training,Lots of training..
Sales Flooring Associate (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBOctober 30, 2014
Lots of training,Lots of training,Lots of training..Lots of training,Lots of training,Lots of training..Lots of training,Lots of training,Lots of training..Lots of training,Lots of training,Lots of training..Lots of training,Lots of training,Lots of training..Lots of training,Lots of training,Lots of training..Lots of training,Lots of training,Lots – more... of training..Lots of training,Lots of training,Lots of training..Lots of training,Lots of training,Lots of training..Lots of training,Lots of training,Lots of training..Lots of training,Lots of training,Lots of training..Lots of training,Lots of training,Lots of training..Lots of training,Lots of training,Lots of training..Lots of training,Lots of training,Lots of training..Lots of training,Lots of training,Lots of training..Lots of training,Lots of training,Lots of training..Lots of training,Lots of training,Lots of training..Lots of training,Lots of training,Lots of training..Lots of training,Lots of training,Lots of training.. – less
poor emplyer
Tool Rental Associate (Former Employee), CambridgeOctober 28, 2014
poor heath and safety practices
Not honest about full time opportunities
Fun workplace
Department Supervisor (Current Employee), Chilliwack, BCOctober 28, 2014
Pros: lots of perks!
Cons: too many evenings away from my husband and kids
I love working at Home Depot! The people are amazing, and the management is great too! They make learning about home repairs fun!
Hours got unreasonable.
Night Crew Member (Former Employee), Pickering, ONOctober 27, 2014
Stock band and Un-package parcels from the receiving section of home depot.
Positive and fun work place
Appliance Sales Associate (Former Employee), Winnipeg MBOctober 27, 2014
Appliance Sales, Greeting educating customers about products, displaying and demonstration of products and services, financing and extended service programs . Maintaining and exceeding sales goals and objectives and providing world class customer service
Hard work and a fun place to work.
Seasonal Manager (Current Employee), Kitchener, ONOctober 21, 2014
Pros: management team builds
Cons: no staff on the floor to get work done and serve all the customers.
A Typical Day at work:
On the go all day, time flies by.

What I have learned.
Have learned the business from ground up to management.

Your co-workers:
My co-workers are like family.

The hardest part of the job:
No staff on the floor to get work done and serve customers.

The most enjoyable part of the job:
When you have helped the customer with a – more... difficult problem. – less
Fast-Paced environment, plenty to learn from
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Belleville, ONOctober 20, 2014
Pros: great staff community
Cons: unaccomodating hours during school
Working as a cashier and occasionally a “lot associate”, I was required to be very alert and aware in my duties. Handling large quantities of money in a high stress environment, I was expected to complete my job quickly and efficiently. Part of my duties were to pay close attention to all merchandise to be sure the correct amount and quantities were – more... being payed for. In working lot I was required to help people loading large, awkward merchandise into their vehicle. This company is very driven toward customer service and satisfaction, on many occasions I was rewarded for my friendliness and was mentioned numerous times online in the Voice of the Customer Survey. – less
Productive and Developmental
Administrator / Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee), Airdrie, ABOctober 19, 2014
Pros: sharing in diversity
Cons: long hours of standing
As a customer service oriented professional, working at Home Depot has been so productive through the various customer satisfaction comments have received from customers and co-workers.
Very fun and comfortable work environment.
HEAD CASHIER (Current Employee), Carleton Place, ONOctober 14, 2014
Home Depot 7263 is a great place to work. Everyone is laid back and fun to work with. Most associates are full of positive energy that is contagious.

About Home Depot

The Home Depot is the global leader in home improvement and fourth largest retailer in the world. Providing superior customer – Read more