Home Depot

Home Depot Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great place to work!
District HR Manager (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABJanuary 13, 2016
Flexible work environment, great values, great people, challenging bur rewarding. Culture of giving back, opportunities to grow and advance.
outbound loader
Outbound Loader (Former Employee), Brampton, ONJanuary 12, 2016
Pros: free lunch
Cons: long hours
it was overall an okay job. It became very stressful and challenging when many of our employees decide to quit. the company had good pay and good management.
not very exiting or challenging but a relaxing environment to work.
ASSOCIATE (Current Employee), Lethbridge, ABJanuary 10, 2016
-A typical day consisted of being non eventful with no real challenge or excitement, but it was very easy to know what needed to be done.
- I didn't learn anything new at Home Depot
- Management was very officiant and new what needed to be done and how to organize everything well so there was no confusion.
- there was a very good atmosphere of people
- the hardest part of the job was some of the costumers reactions and how to respond but even that was not to difficult
- Most enjoyable part was talking to the people and having a work place where everything was organized and everyone knew what their roles were.
Friendly environment, work as a family
Sales Associate/Flooring Specialist (Current Employee), Pickering, ONJanuary 10, 2016
Pros: Free Training, Free Lunches, Option to sit on various Committees
Cons: Working weekends, Schedule changes daily.
Home Depot is a family oriented business with core values that promote a positive environment and excellent customer service. A typical day at work involves working as a team to seek out and serve customers to be best of our ability.

The management team is always available to provide support, training and acknowledgement of a job well done. We all work together as a team, co-workers as well as management.

The hardest part of the job is following up on your customer needs, as our schedule changes on a daily basis. At The Home Depot, we receive a wealth of knowledge and training on products and D.I.Y.'s. I really enjoy using the knowledge I have gained to ensure that my customer projects are successful.
Exciting place to be
Store planner (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 7, 2016
Pros: free gym
Cons: long working hours
Challenging place to be, store always need to be update. We need to prepare working package for construction. Home Depot is a big company, many departments. Oher than work on the drawings, I also need to communicate with different people. Emails, Phone calls, meetings. I had a very professional team, we always finish work good and on time.
Not bad
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Brampton, ONJanuary 6, 2016
Good place to start your career.
Learn alot about products.
Learn to manage the department
Learn more about b2b sales.
Management isnt always the best
great co-workers home away from home
Customer Service/ Cashier (Former Employee), Oakville, ONJanuary 4, 2016
Pros: learned more about home renovations
Cons: many area to learn about
Home Depot start by opening my cash till. To be more knowledgeable learning about the products sold at Home Depot and what area it can be found. Home Depot had a family like environment where I have made life long friends and enjoyed being there.
Fun working place
Human Resources Manager (Current Employee), Surrey-White Rock, BCJanuary 3, 2016
Very challenging environment at home depot. Love to work. Management is good. Hardest part of the job is that lot of work and less time to complete. Most enjoyable, it is very challenging and I love to work in challenging environment.
fun workplace
Customer service representative (Current Employee), Surrey, BCDecember 30, 2015
great co workers and you enjoy going to work each day. Being able to cross train in other departments is a great way to change things up and keep things interesting
Benefits
Fulfillment Team Associate (Former Employee), Niagara Falls, ONDecember 29, 2015
Pros: physically active
Cons: poor management
Coworkers created a team environment.
Management did not work as a team and therefore it had a negative impact on the employees.
cashier
Customer Service (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONDecember 25, 2015
Pay really sucks with the amount of work you do plus work environment is hard for a girl with so many perverted contractors.
Inclusive, results driven workplace.
Merchandising Execution Manager (Former Employee), BCDecember 22, 2015
Home Depot has a positive customer focused culture. The company works hard to develop its associates. I was given the opportunity to improve my leadership skills through many courses.
Productive and fun work environment
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee), Stoney Creek, ONDecember 17, 2015
Pros: Prizes, Food
Friendly and happy staff, they love their jobs and working there.
Regular friendly customers, always satisfied with service.
Co-workers are hard working and very nice.
Managers and supervisors are very understanding and nice, they are always involved.
good place to work at
Sales & Merchandising Associate (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONDecember 13, 2015
Pros: reimbursements for tuitions
Cons: long hours
comparatively low pay plus long hours. physical exertion balanced with amazing work benefits. Would love to stay if provided with higher pay because the work that is required doesnt satisfy the amount paid for it thats all. other then that amazing and friendly environment
The people you work with make the job fun.
Delivery and Will Call Coordinator (Former Employee), St. Albert, ABDecember 12, 2015
Pros: They have good benefits.
Cons: Low retail salary!
It was a good temp job until something better came along.It has to revamp the salary scale to stop going through tons of people.
Good Place and very knowledgeable staff
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee), Ancaster, ONDecember 11, 2015
Pros: Busy store
Cons: Long Drive
I started on the front end and with the company training I advanced in the company. Learned many new and exciting things and different depts and products. Had a staff of over 50 people that I trained and helped grow.
Teamwork
Overnight Stocker Associate (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCDecember 10, 2015
we work as a team. no matter how busy we, we make that we finish the task that is given to us. making sure that the whole store is neat and clean and ready for the next day operation
Great people to work with, great job descriptions
Sales Specialist - Millworks (Current Employee), Airdrie, ABDecember 7, 2015
Pros: People and good management
Cons: Standing on your feet a lot
I have never been happier working anywhere other than the Home Depot. It is a company that cares about you and your needs.
Home Depot makes you feel like you are back in elementary school
Kitchen Designer (Former Employee), Spruce Grove, ABDecember 7, 2015
A terribly inflexible place to work where there is no thinking outside the box. Management is completely ineffective, hence the 90% turn over rate for their staff.
Fun place to wok
Install Sales Manager (Former Employee), Kelowna, BCDecember 6, 2015
Had a fantastic time working here. The people were great and felt like a family. Long hours at times. Managers were great.
Industry