Home Depot

Home Depot Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Love the company
Loss Prevention Specialist (Current Employee), Trussville, ALApril 14, 2014
Pros: made my own schedule
Cons: to much micro managing from corperate
I love my job and the company but they seem to be changing into a direction I do not like and I am just ready for a change away from retail.
N/a
Processing Associate (Former Employee), Joliet, ILApril 14, 2014
Great experience overall. I learned a lot about Home Depot and their strategies in being successful. Great management team and environment.
Great employees
Operations Manager (Former Employee), Roanoke, VaApril 14, 2014
Pros: homer fund
Cons: bad work/life balance
I enjoyed working at Home Depot. It was always busy and every day was different.
Look for lost product.
Inventory Associate (Former Employee), Joliet, ILApril 14, 2014
Pros: the company was close to home.
Cons: the people you worked with set you up to fail.
Every day I would look for lost product. Used many deferent systems to search for that product.
Nelson
Garden Sales (Current Employee), Lewes,deApril 14, 2014
Pros: lots of training
Cons: hours
Help out customers with any garden center
Help out customers with new products
A dusty box of misery
paint sales (Former Employee), EtpbicokeApril 14, 2014
Pros: free freezies!
Cons: heinous managers
It was a fun work environment, at first. The other associates in the department were great, and very supportive to the newbies, although it's a revolving door. Management was a bit like the Gestapo and a lot of the employees were disgruntled, the longer they worked there. Even after a 3 month probation, they saw fit to fire you for no good reason. In – more... training, the credo was a pyramid shape where customers were first, associates second, management third but that wasn't so..management treated employees like disposable maxipads. Also you are at the mercy of the scheduler, you could be working almost full time hours one week, and the next less than 30 so it's impossible to have another job. – less
Great work culture
Merchandising Execution Team Associate Team Lead (Former Employee), Oceanside, CAApril 14, 2014
Pros: benefits
Home Depot was a great company to work for. Good benefits. Home Depot had a lot of extra programs for creating a working family environment. The hours and pay were good.
Special order service desk, retail sales and cashier
Special Order Service Desk Associate, Phone Center (Former Employee), Meridian, IDApril 14, 2014
My co-worker were great to work with except 2. Special order service desk, retail sales and cashier was my job description. I volunteered to work in other departments. I worked hard for the minumim wage I received and was willing to work extra time and early morning.
It's a job, not an adventure.
Lead Developer, Enterprise Monitoring (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAApril 14, 2014
Office politics and extensive outsourcing mar this company's rating.
It was just OK
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Howell, MichiganApril 14, 2014
It was just OK. Not bad if you're OK with retail. I don't want to type any more.
overall fun place and good associates working there
❸ Cashier (Current Employee), Moreno Valley, CAApril 14, 2014
Pros: good hours, decent pay.
As a cashier, you clock in and check in with your head cashier and they assign you a register or have you relieve someone. management is typically trying to help you in most things, coworkers for the most part are fun to work with and are very self knowledgeable.
productive, customer orientated, peaceful and organized
Lot Associate & freight team member (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCApril 13, 2014
Pros: free lunches great benefits
Typical day consisted of constant enjoyable contact with customers.
Modern day sweat shop
Customer Service associate (Current Employee), Latham, NYApril 13, 2014
Pros: non than i can think of
Cons: would not rather say
Co workers were nice and working with customers was fun, Typical work day was assisting customers and maintaining self inventory.

Management was adequate. Hardest part of the job was working long hours on concrete floor and lifting large items.
enjoyed working at Home Depot
Cashier (Former Employee), Bethlehem, GAApril 13, 2014
You meat and greet customers as they enter and leave the store, always have a smile on your face and willing to help out every customer. As a cashier you check out the customer in a timely but accurate manner.
was a great fun place to work
Shop Manager (Former Employee), Alpharetta, GAApril 13, 2014
this was a long time ago, I enjoy working I am assertive, and delegate well.
excellent company with great employees and management
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Current Employee), Coeur d'Alene, IDApril 13, 2014
Pros: 30 minute lunch option. very helpful co-workers and management.
Cons: no benefits for temporary associates.
i currently work for home depot as part time temporary garden associate and after a month there would like to become a permanent member of the home depot team. i like the flexible hours. the training and the stores attitude towards customer servcice is the best i have ever seen. i will work any department and am a very fast learner.
The Home Depot Associate I LOVE YOU GUYS
Freight Team Associate (Current Employee), Suffolk, VAApril 12, 2014
Honestly, everyday I've worked at the Home Depot has been great. From the managers to the associates. Everyone always has a positive attitude, even, when they aren't in a good mood. An even when we are not I can honestly say we have someone to talk to there. The managers make us feel very comfortable and confident about our jobs. At times task may get – more... difficult and we may need help but there is always someone we can count on. I can definitely say this is about the best job I've had so far out of any place I work. Here they really ensue their core values. Everyone is respectable and caring. They always put the customers first. The best job ever. ;) – less
Overall a decent place
Freight Team Associate (Former Employee), Galveston, TexasApril 12, 2014
Freight hours were during prime business hours, annoying the customers trying to shop. Freight team is not trained in any departments, so constantly looks stupid when asked a question by a customer.
sales
sales (Former Employee), michiganApril 12, 2014
The main goal of this job was costumer assists
how to communicate better
co worker was very active
the holidays
Loved working here.
Cashier (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCApril 12, 2014
This was a very comfortable job and the customers and associates were very friendly and helpful.

About Home Depot

The Home Depot is an American retailer of home improvement, construction products and services. The Home Depot operates 2,248 – Read more