Home Depot

Home Depot Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Part-time Associates Need Only Apply
Cashier - Part-time (Former Employee), Orillia, ONSeptember 19, 2014
Pros: great same level staff, fun atmpsphere
Cons: odd hours, pay rate not reflective of market
I loved working at Home Depot. I did find that in our small town it was apparent that if you did not know someone then you were never going to move up. If an upper manager/supervisor did not like you, you were doomed. I did like the same level staff and the customers. People coming into a HD are either repairing or upgrading. Either way I was able to – more... help people and give great customer service. – less
Project Coordinator/Expeditor (Current Employee), Waterloo, ONSeptember 18, 2014
Customer FIRST
all about customer service
Meet customers requirements in a positive and professional manner
I really worked for the security company not Home Depot.
Security Guard (Former Employee), New Minas, NSSeptember 17, 2014
Pros: good wages and kind people at home depot.
Cons: very cold at night.
Home Depot itself was fine. It was the actual security company that was difficult.
A secure job with lot of fun
Merchandising Execution Associate (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABSeptember 16, 2014
I learnt my basic skills of inventory management, auditing , safety and corporate culture from Home Depot.
Thanks to Home depot for that.
Good job overall, friendly environment
Merchandiser (Current Employee), Orangeville, ONSeptember 16, 2014
Go in and get assigned an isle to work on. Complete daily tasks as outlined.
challenges love them
Customer Service (Former Employee), edmontonSeptember 16, 2014
learned a lot of new things I like learning as I go keeps me challenged , learned all kinds of things its on the resame and working with people is easy, hardest part of a job is when your working with customers and they are yelling at you or your co-worker but you learn fast that its nothing in the end most enjoyable would be making people laugh and – more... customers because at some point when you get to people its like a family – less
This place needs better managers
Cart &Lot Associate (Current Employee), Spruce Grove, ABSeptember 13, 2014
Pros: i have a job
Cons: poor management
It's a starter job, but I know that I can do more than push carts.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Greater Sudbury, ONSeptember 10, 2014
Pros: awesome staff
Cons: doesn't pay overly well
I was there for 7 years and truly enjoyed it. Its the perfect place to work when putting yourself through university.
Good working environment
Supply Chain Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee), Vaughan, ONSeptember 8, 2014
Pros: good experience, management, environemet
It was very good experience as I was there for five month as a new Graduate from university. I've learned the company's systems and learned how work in a professional environment.
a very busy and fun place to work
Electrical Sales Associate (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONSeptember 4, 2014
Pros: helping customers with products
Cons: pay is less
a typical day at work is greeting customers helping them fined products and explain how it works or what they should do,management is always making sure you are OK and everything is up to date.hardest part is going home after a long day of work.
Good people to work with and Really understanding
Cashier (Current Employee), Red Deer, ABSeptember 3, 2014
Pros: coworkers
Cons: grumpy costumers
The hardest part of the job is to keep costumers happy. the most enjoyable part of the job is working with friendly coworkers.
average big box work place
Delivery Co-ordinator (Current Employee), windsor,onAugust 28, 2014
Pros: hourly wage is very competitive
Cons: poor management
The company started out fantastic, it was a great place to work. However over the years it has declined. Still a good place to work, but not that family feeling when you walk through the door.
Assisting Customers
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Toronto, OnAugust 27, 2014
Pros: good experience in dealing with people
Cons: can be physical
Assist customers with their needs - items they require, build delivery orders, assist loading heavy items

Maintain department - Ensure it's clean and presentable to customers, ensure products are available in homes, make sure there aren't any safety hazards
resonable job alternative
Tool Rental Associate (Current Employee), Victoria, BCAugust 26, 2014
Pros: good customers, goot employees, lots of activites. good stories.
Cons: bad priorites, cant hold on to employees, god like contractors will walk on yo, broken promises
I started at home depot as a lot attendant im a vary hard worker and vary particular about how i do things so it was a good fit to start with i was 17 at the time and could not go in any other departments at the time. I was originally shooting for the position of tool rental tech which the managers promised me. I did eventually after 2 years move to – more... rentals but not as a tech but as a regular associate being told that i needed to go to special training that they also continued to promise me never got lol. as well as no matter how much i beg for full time i never get it my attempts to show my value to the department are unsuccessful :P This well watching them hire ppl in the positions i want that never last longer then a month often leaving because they cant stand the bs or being fired.

how ever as much as i think i get taken advantage of before this i was at TIm Hortans were i contently got coffee thrown at me or spat at so not exactly the worst place to be, And i do get to still work on the equipment as there simply isn't a tech to do it not to mention the family like enviermint i have met a lot of interesting ppl learned a lot (no thanx to HD Canada) and created a reputation with my regular customers. the only real down side Ive found it home depot seams to purpusly make you look bad in front of contractors crating an enverment were the contractors think i need to give them deal or that the rules don't apply to them...

As a hole i quite like working there it dose have it bad moments but i like helping the customers with their projects and spreading my knowledge.

there are good benifets for part time the medical is good but the dental for part time kinda sucks if you require alot more then $300 a year of work done ur out of luck.

would i recomend it? yes but dont expect much and turn over is quite quik just as a warning love the work not so much the company. – less
It started off great...
Department Supervisor (Current Employee), Sherwood Park, ABAugust 21, 2014
Pros: social committee, good associates
Cons: salaried management
Come in to work, walk the floor, create an agenda for the day. Lots of lifting and heavy work, as well as driving equipment to ensure that the department stays clean and organized. Directed associates to help, set both personal and business goals with associates, helped them achieve them. Learned a lot about retail management, and how to plan for sales, – more... ordering, goal setting. Management is alright, unless they deem that you're not worth it. It's an obvious favoritism. Some people can get away with 23 schedule occurrences, where as others are not so lucky. HR doesn't know what they're doing (Even within 90 days they have to go through the discipline process.)

They hire assistant store managers externally, hardly promote from within. The guidelines for promoting from within are completely out to lunch. If you want to move up in the company you're better off quitting, and reapplying for the position that you want.

Department Supervisors are a dime a dozen, and they treat them as such. Completely replaceable, even if they've shown results. – less
It was a fun place to work
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONAugust 19, 2014
Home Depot is a wonderful place to work and i personally liked working is as i am a civil contractor and there are products which are used in building or a house.
Home Depot also provides training for employees who are interested in moving up their career ladder.
Having many branches in different location and the job application with the selection process – more... being on line, employees can see where they would like to apply. – less
Right place to learn excellent customer service and product knowledge, we used to play table tennis in break times.
Freight and Packdown Associate (Current Employee), 3065 Mavis rdAugust 17, 2014
Pros: i had free lunches many times from my employer.
Cons: i worked over time on my manager's request and went home.
One day 2 co-workers called sick, I took that day as a challenging day to complete my work and co-workers duties. My boss appreciated me!
It is great fun place and nice to learn lot of things like customer service, product display and safety tips.
Good part time employment
Customer Service Agent, Cashier (Current Employee), Brampton, ONAugust 14, 2014
Pros: benifits, payed holidays
Cashier, greeting and cashing out customers
Hardest part of job is the miscommunication between management
Enjoyable part is getting paid, success sharing, BBQ, co workers n nice customers.
Fun Workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Calgary, ABAugust 14, 2014
A fun and supportive workplace working with a diverse staff.
Good place to work while in school
Cashier (Former Employee), Brantford, ONAugust 14, 2014
Pros: meeting new people everyday
Cons: small chance of promotion
A typical day consisted of helping customers at the registers. Some days can be very busy and when there isn't enough help, it can be very stressful. Co-workers were always nice and easygoing which made the day go by.

After moving into different positions at the help desk and seasonal departments, it was nice to have a break from the front line. Unfortunately, – more... there were not enough hours in the seasonal department to give out to the amount of seasonal employees so I did not get to work there very often.

Overall it was not a bad place to work. In a corporation as big as The Home Depot, it is the people that make the job worth while. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About Home Depot

The Home Depot is the global leader in home improvement and fourth largest retailer in the world. Providing superior customer – Read more