Home Depot
10,397 reviews

Home Depot Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Hard work and a fun place to work.
Seasonal Manager (Current Employee), Kitchener, ONOctober 21, 2014
Pros: management team builds
Cons: no staff on the floor to get work done and serve all the customers.
A Typical Day at work:
On the go all day, time flies by.

What I have learned.
Have learned the business from ground up to management.

Your co-workers:
My co-workers are like family.

The hardest part of the job:
No staff on the floor to get work done and serve customers.

The most enjoyable part of the job:
When you have helped the customer with a – more... difficult problem. – less
Fast-Paced environment, plenty to learn from
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Belleville, ONOctober 20, 2014
Pros: great staff community
Cons: unaccomodating hours during school
Working as a cashier and occasionally a “lot associate”, I was required to be very alert and aware in my duties. Handling large quantities of money in a high stress environment, I was expected to complete my job quickly and efficiently. Part of my duties were to pay close attention to all merchandise to be sure the correct amount and quantities were – more... being payed for. In working lot I was required to help people loading large, awkward merchandise into their vehicle. This company is very driven toward customer service and satisfaction, on many occasions I was rewarded for my friendliness and was mentioned numerous times online in the Voice of the Customer Survey. – less
Productive and Developmental
Administrator / Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee), Airdrie, ABOctober 19, 2014
Pros: sharing in diversity
Cons: long hours of standing
As a customer service oriented professional, working at Home Depot has been so productive through the various customer satisfaction comments have received from customers and co-workers.
Very fun and comfortable work environment.
HEAD CASHIER (Current Employee), Carleton Place, ONOctober 14, 2014
Home Depot 7263 is a great place to work. Everyone is laid back and fun to work with. Most associates are full of positive energy that is contagious.
it's a job
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBOctober 14, 2014
Pros: customers.
Cons: pay. politics.
Provide the best customer service for various departments in store such as assisting co-workers to lift heavy merchandise to vehicles, answering concerns/problems in their household and find the solutions, & going above and beyond of the average customer service they’d expect.

Building knowledge within the company in each department to further educate – more... myself and customers.
Having a strong relationship with my team and customers to have a better working environment and make customers feel at home thus having reoccurring business. – less
An environment to develop great customer service and client service skills in a fast-paced environment
Cashier (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABOctober 13, 2014
Pros: open communication with management, supervisors and fellow associates and develop a diverse arsenal of problem solving skills
Cons: occasionally difficult customers
Assist customers with product inquires.
Work collaboratively with associates in various department and develop management, decision-making and interpersonal skills.
Review and filing of purchase orders.
One of the best retailer to work for
Department Manager (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABOctober 12, 2014
Pros: great benifits
Cons: retail hours
Besides the life/work balance, great company who care for associates and customers. Has a great benefit package and there is room to grow with all sort of training available.
Enjoyable and gained a lot of experiences.
Sales Associate Flooring Dept. Coquitlam Location (Former Employee), coqutlam b.cOctober 10, 2014
when I start the job i have to arrange the products in the racks and fill the items which were sold on the racks.
unpack the items in the boxes on the floor and setting them on display shelf .
Packing the flooring products in the boxes and deliver them to customer cars outside the store.
Approaching to customers to answer their question and also introducing – more... our products to them.
The kind of clean job that I did in Home Depot always satisfy our floor manager.
I always friendly with my co-workers and always share knowledge with each other.
the hardest part of my job was that some time co-worker was absent and most of the work loads goes to me.
The most enjoyable job for me was when I sell a lot of products to the my customers to bring my sales up. – less
Okay place to work.
Head Cashier, RTV Associtate and Special Services (Current Employee), Lloydminster, ABOctober 9, 2014
Pros: one hour lunches.
Cons: salary and benfis.
You go to work to do your job and that is about it. Not a fun atmosphere to work in.
Company encourages growth
Full time Special Services Associate (Current Employee), South Keys, ONOctober 9, 2014
While working with the Home Depot for the past three years both as a part-time student and currently as a full-time employee, my managers have continued to foster my growth as an employee and have assisted in strengthening my skills sets. With the desire to move forward in the Company, the Management teams at both stores I have worked at have encouraged – more... my departmental supervisor training and allowed me to learn other valuable skills to assist in other departments such as Expediting and Installation Services. – less
Enjoyed my position and working with my team members and customers
Inventory Clerk (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABOctober 8, 2014
Pros: if successful year in sales-share of the success as a bonus.
Cons: terrible working hours..1230 pm - 9pm
Position was overall an enjoyable opportunity except continuously changing the requirements of the job. Typical day was computer generated cycle counts of product and entry of data. Customer service. Teamwork with associates. Looking for product up in aisles.
Management not very supportive. High volume of turn around for management.
Fun, Fast paced Environment
Seasonal Associate Clerk (Former Employee), Ancaster, ONOctober 8, 2014
Pros: free lunches on saturdays
Cons: late closing shifts
Met Great co-workers now friends
The hardest part was balancing my Full time job with this job's part time hours
Most enjoyable part of the job was assisting costumers
Customer focused and team spirited workplace.
Project Co-ordinator & Kitchen Designer (Former Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 8, 2014
Cons: longer shifts, non-consitent work hours (ie. m 8-5, t 12-9, w 10-7, t 11-8; s 7-4)
The job was rewarding in many ways as I enjoyed collaborating and designing with customers. The company has great benefits, and the salary was competitive.
Was a good place to work
Customer service representative/cashier (Former Employee), Toronto OntarioOctober 7, 2014
Pros: loved talking to all the customers who came through
Cons: broken shifts and hours
Enjoyed a busy day here. would have stayed if not for an accident i had.
good interaction with other workers, great to work with clients.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Calgary, ABOctober 4, 2014
Pros: learning from customer and being able to share knowledge.
Cons: no stability
Fair amount of grunt work.
Must limit your desire to accomplish anything
They are totally limited and bind to orders
Great and bad co-workers
The hardest part was the limited thinking and some poor attitude clients
The most enjoyable was to be able to help customer to experience a successful result.
good
Department Supervisor (Former Employee), Nanaimo, BCOctober 1, 2014
Pros: lots of challenges
Cons: lots of challenges
very busy days
fast paced.
wearing lots of hats
open 364 days a year
scheduling 5:30-10:00
Friendly workplace.
Lumber/ Building Materials Associate. (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONSeptember 30, 2014
Pros: like the flexible hours and when you need time off, you get it
Cons: they need to train their staff to better handles some of the customers needs
Being a part of a huge value chain is amazing for me. a company with masterpiece organizational architecture growing every year. company's values feed the huge organization like an endless river. a place to learn and apply simultaneously.
Very clicky
Merchandiser for CMS (Former Employee), CobourgSeptember 30, 2014
Pros: customers are fun
Cons: long hours no appreciation
Nice place if wasn't for the emplyees. Very poor work ethic , some so poor they don't know to keep their hands to their self.
Productive Place to work
Divisional Product Merchant (Former Employee), Toronto, OntarioSeptember 30, 2014
Great place to work with great culture and room for advancement.
Great work environment!
Sales Associate - Seasonal (Former Employee), Ajax, OntarioSeptember 30, 2014
Pros: friendliness, flexible work schedule
Cons: many of the part-time students were looking for more hours
It was a delight working at Home Depot. You are welcomed to work every day and in the two summers that I worked there, it was clear to see that people treated each other as if we were a family. The hardest part of working at Home Depot was working out in the stone-yard in the hot summer days. We were supplied with water and the proper safety procedures – more... to ensure that it was still a safe working environment and a safe shopping environment. I would definitively recommend working at Home Depot if you want to improve your teamwork skills, improve your confidence when speaking with strangers as well as learn some useful DIY (Do It Yourself) tips and tools that will be useful in the future. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About Home Depot

The Home Depot is the global leader in home improvement and fourth largest retailer in the world. Providing superior customer – Read more