Home Depot

Home Depot Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Good workplace behaviour
Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Windsor, ONFebruary 11, 2016
Everyone in the workplace always came ready to work, and help out other associates when help was required. It was a good supportive environment that always strive to make each other better
Not a Career Company
Head Cashier (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABFebruary 11, 2016
Pros: Build responsibility/skills, Christmas parties, profit sharing, homer awards!
Cons: Depends on peers. Vac (1st come/serve), Schedules aren't flexible to lifestyle!
Working at the Skyview Home Depot was enjoyable for the most part.

Your typical day, depended on what shift/day you worked!

I have learned responsibility, independence, time management skills and what teamwork really is!

The management I knew were always looking after their associates then. Now the management's style is hostile and favouritism based!

The associates that I have worked with by nature were happy, until this stores management changed them!

The only part hard about my job was the lack of staffing at times, but, was at most, resolvable!

The enjoyable part of my job was my management process, the work within my duties and the associates whose ethics and personality, kept me there all these years!
productive
Overnight Stock Associate (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONFebruary 11, 2016
I really liked the fact that the people who work there are always willing to help you and its a clean and earning environment
Awesome place to work
Book-Keeping Associate (Former Employee), Orangeville, ONFebruary 9, 2016
I completed data entry for all cashiers int the store. Made sure the stores vault balanced. completed tasks requested by managers. Made sure stores expenses stayed within the budget.
Great Place to Work
Cashier/Merchandiser (Former Employee), Regina, SKFebruary 5, 2016
The Home Depot is a good place to work. Typical day at work is normal like every other cashier job elsewhere. Hardest part of the job is having to stand for extended hours and being moved from one register to another. Great co-workers but advancement in the company is directed to a selected few!
Friendly and fun
Customer Service - Part Time (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 5, 2016
Pros: free coffe and pizza some times
Cons: short hours
Check safety of the store, cleaning, doing pack-down, helping customers.
I learned technical information about different products, software of the company and other important subjects.
The management and co-workers are friendly
the hardest part of the job is being part time worker but, I manage to get shifts from other co-workers so I keep my salary on track the most enjoyable part is that you interact with different people every day
A great workplace for startups
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Current Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 5, 2016
Pros: Success Sharing
A very friendly working environment with many advantages and various things to learn for our day to day life.
The management is very supportive and helps with all our queries and resolves ant issues regarding our work if any.
Great learning experience
Electrical Associate (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONFebruary 1, 2016
Pros: good colleagues
Cons: not the greatest management
I learned much about electrical equipment and how to assist others with their problems. I also learned a great deal about the electrical code and how to explain electrical code to customers
Friendly helpful staff , great managers.
Seasonal department clerk (Former Employee), Spruce Grove, ABJanuary 31, 2016
Pros: Always snacks and drinks in the lunchroom.
Cons: Short staffed, not enough training.
Very enjoyable workplace. Staff was friendly and helpful. There was plenty to do especially in the greenhouse. Much opportunity for continuing education. I was sorry to leave.
great place to work!
Seasonal Sales Associate (Current Employee), Cobourg, ONJanuary 29, 2016
I had allot of fun learning about what goes on throughout the day in the life of a home depot employee. learning about what pushes sales and how you can help the home depot say yes to a customer's needs and satisfactions was a great experience and i'm excited to try my new skills out in new work environments to come my way.
Stay away
Merchandise Execution Team (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 27, 2016
Cons: Management, the pay, the work, co-workers
The pay was low. Management slashed hours and hired new people instead of employing the people they have. Moral was low. Some people at some stores are very caddy and play Favoritism.
Love my customers
Paint Associate (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJanuary 26, 2016
I loved working at rona I enjoyed mixing paint and helping out my customers got along with mostly everyone I worked with liked my vendors
Good Employer
Front-end Associate (Cashier) (Current Employee), Carleton Place, ONJanuary 25, 2016
Home Depot is a very supportive company that genuinely cares about its employees. Management does whatever it can to help out at work and to accommodate the personal lives of the people that work there.
Good atmosphere
Freight Associate (Former Employee), Brampton, ONJanuary 25, 2016
- coworkers and management was nice, rewarded us and fun working enviroment, night shift got hard after a while and the work wasn't always easy...but overall good experience
meh
Tool Technician (Former Employee), Sherwood Park, ABJanuary 23, 2016
management was a mess, mostly teenage staff but overall not a terrible work enviroment
hardest part is dealing with customers who have no idea what they want
Homr Depot is a great company to work for.
Book Keeper (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 20, 2016
Pros: The Hours
Cons: The Hours
I enjoyed the experience. My co-workers were from all walks of life. I had a great time learning and bonding. The benefits are great.
Fun place to work in Winter time
Installs service Management (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 19, 2016
Homedepot work is fun but just mostly for student trying to add some extra money for their budget . Making it a career will be a whole different ball game must say
team work
Department Supervisor (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 19, 2016
productive and efficient working place,team work the best ever. the environment is conducive for working. staff and employee alike are ready to listen and learn.
Safe working environment with a very good culture
Merchandizing Execution Associate (Current Employee), Oakville, ONJanuary 19, 2016
Pros: Team work environment
Cons: Early shifts
Learnt projection execution and handing over
Increase in responsibilities and accountability
Allows for growth and encourages employees to aim higher
Departmental appreciation that fosters job satisfaction
A lot of nice people but not a great place to work
Cashier (Current Employee), St. John's, NLJanuary 18, 2016
Pros: Great people
Cons: No full time positions. Pay isn't great. not so great benefits
Made a few good friends. But employment wise, the salary is terrible and expectations high for the money paid.. No full time positions. Benefits are not all that great. It seems in my experience, there is not a whole lot of support for associates from management.
Industry