Home Depot Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
good place to start your carrier
Warehouse - Night Associate (Current Employee), Whitby, ONMay 4, 2016
Pros: great people to work with
Cons: low salary
good place to start your carrier,
great people to work with,
good benefits,
great team work ,
unfortunately the salary is low
fun place to work
Lumber Sales Associate (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMay 3, 2016
As a sales associate, I had to make sure the customers needs were met, I had to build relationships with them, and have knowledge on the commodities that were desired by customers.
Great Company, Fast Paced environment
Transportation Dispatch (Former Employee), Vaughan, ONMay 2, 2016
Pros: Great learning curve experience
Cons: Long Working hours
Great Environment to work in, Very effective Management team, opportunities availability. Great Co- workers, supportive and providing training.
Awesome learning experience
The Home Depot
Cashier (Current Employee), Whitby, ONMay 2, 2016
The Home Depot has taught me diversity, time management, leadership, and independence.

The hardest part of the job was learning and remembering all the different departments and merchandise that comes in each said department.

The most enjoyable part of my job was definitely the customers. Home Depot has some of the most loyal, honest, kindest and understanding customers I have ever witnessed out of all my years in retail.
friendly environment
Associate (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMay 2, 2016
always enjoyed working at Home Depot.. flexible shifts. good hrly pay and friendly staff. Home depot has good benefits and great customer care service.
Good place to work with nice people
Lumber and Building Material Associate (Former Employee), 7134 caledoniaApril 30, 2016
Pros: Free food every so often
Cons: Pay
The job was fun, very enjoyable. The people where nice and very informative. The work was pretty easy in my opinion. All in All good place to work if you want to settle down.
Great place to work in customer service
Specialty Sales Associate for Flooring (Former Employee), Oakville, ONApril 29, 2016
Pros: Oppourtunity for growth
• Built strong relationships with customers and contractors
• Provided outstanding customer service recognized by clients and management
• Increased sales through transparency when explaining concepts and providing quotations
Productive nights, and long hours.
Freight Assistant (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBApril 26, 2016
Pros: Lunch Breaks were good
Cons: Long hours.
5 days a week, 8 hours a night, I worked night shifts, every day of the week, including weekends. Co-workers were well informative, and very helpful. I learned it is very important to stay on task, and do your assigned job, as instructed to do so, without any complaints. It is important to keep a positive work attitude, and stay on track with your hours, if not, it could affect you in the long run.
Good cashier job
Front End Cashier (Former Employee), Sherwood Park, ABApril 25, 2016
Pros: Reward system, benefits
Cons: Standing for long periods
Home depot is a good entry level workplace that has good benefits and opportunities for advancement if you are motivated and competent.
My experience as a specialty sales associate at The Home Depot
Specialty Sales Associate (Current Employee), Waterloo, ONApril 24, 2016
Pros: Profit Sharing, good environment, good support
Cons: At times, communication between management
Overall I like working at The Home Depot, but I feel as though I need to expand my knowledge to other career opportunities as I recently graduated and would like to find work in my field of study.
Although I have worked sales associate positions before, this was by far the most demanding when it came to product knowledge and providing effective communication as there are nearly 100 associates providing assistance to thousands of customers every week.
As a specialty sales associate in the flooring department, I had to learn everything about the products I was selling, as each customer would spend roughly $1000-$4000 per purchase. Although it was a challenge in the beginning, I found it quite enjoyable as it made it easier for me to manage a wide variety of customers which I haven't worked with before (ie. contractors with their own business and plans). I felt as an important part of their business success as I am the one providing information about the products they actually require.
Overall, from working at this organization, I learned how to approach a large variety of customers and identify their problems and solve them as well. I feel as though my problem solving skills have greatly increased along with my communication skills, making me an effective and efficient communicator in general. That being said, I believe that the experience I gained from this job is something that will benefit my as well as my future employer as an efficient worker, striving to reach the organization's main goal.
fun work place.
My current position is Electrical Associate (Current Employee), Cranbrook, BCApril 23, 2016
Pros: get free lunches and snacks sometimes
Cons: low salary
Its a friendly diverse culture,co-worker are friendly,i think re-engineering should take places among the hierarchy ,i think the salary need to be increase for such a company.
It's a very fun, family oriented place to work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Brampton, ONApril 22, 2016
Pros: LONG LUNCHES, BBQ, SPECIAL BREAKFAST, AND XMAS PARTY
Cons: SLOW DAYS, UNRULY CUSTOMERS
A typical day at work can be slow mellow and can get really busy and crazy in a minute. Hardest part of my job is unsatisfied customer. Most enjoyable part of my job is happy customer and co-workers.
Great place to work especially for students who are in school
Lot Associate/Vault Associate/Cashier (Current Employee), Kitchener, ONApril 20, 2016
They are really good with working around your schedule. they also allow you to grow your career with them even when your done school.
What I liked as disliked about the job.
Lot Associate (Former Employee), London, ONApril 19, 2016
Pros: The Benefits
Cons: Too Many Managers running the front end.
I would get the lot prepared before the power hours in order to ensure that I was ready to start the day. Follow up with Management on the Safety Check List to ensure that everything was safe before the start of the day. When power hours came I would wait totally on customers. Help them load their cars and help them put a flag on their materials to ensure everything was up to code before departure. I would say most of the time Management was great but there would be days where I felt bullied completely because our store as a team was not doing enough to make the day. That was frustrating. I would say the hardest thing about working the lot is the there are too many bosses wanting different tasks out of you. There are 4 head cash associates, 1 front end manager as well as a special services manager. So too many orders being enforced all at once. I would say the most enjoyable thing about the job was we had alot of lunches which were catered in from management at special times of the year.
Great employer-employee relationship
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Markham, ONApril 18, 2016
Pros: great benefits, flexible schedules and management that encourages growth
Cons: Some tasks can by physically demanding
Great culture to begin your career at, they offer great benefits for those that are part time as well as full time. At a store level, all associates are treated equally and fairly and in confidence can voice their opinions and be heard.
Never boring
Material Handler (Current Employee), Calgary, ABApril 17, 2016
A typical day at work: never one day will be the same as the previous one, you are always meeting new people everyday, most of them nice people; I have learned a lot of things during my time working for them.
great place to work
Full time Flooring and decor sales Specialist (Current Employee), Abbotsford, BCApril 16, 2016
Pros: training and long term
Cons: none
never a dull day helping customers all day is very satisfying working to find the perfect flooring solution for your customers.
I have learned time management, fork lift skills, first aid and great sales skills .
management are great they support your job development and growth as a person and an associate.
my coworkers are the greatest group of people I've ever worked with
supportive and driven.
the hardest part of my job is when you see a person leave with the wrong product and wont change to a suitable one.
seeing the final project completed a lot of my customers come back to show me the final project.
Just O.K...NOT great place to work!
merchandising rep. (Former Employee), Victoria, BCApril 15, 2016
Pros: Off from 7:30 a.m.Friday to 9 p.m the following Monday...Full benifits.
Cons: Brutal long-hours..Falling asleep driving home...NOT being able to sleep during the day.
Took this job initally as I assumed that I was to learn about Home-renovations and all that that entails...WRONG..basically, the position is one of a glorified janitor...Dusting and stocking/facing displays through-out the entire store, which includes working in the cold/frost out-doors in winter months..Applied for the overnite position at another location..Being a NEW position with-in the same department, the managers were NOT certain of the actual details of the position...The shift was VERY long...10 hours/ 4 nights week...Unless your a "night-owl" and can stay awake around the clock. 9 p.m. thru 7;30 am the following day I DO NOT recommend this job.
Enjoyable place to work
Lumber sales (Former Employee), Whitby, ONApril 15, 2016
This was an enjoyable job as it kept me active and there was always something to do. The other employees were very easy to work with.
Okay as part time employement while in school
Sales Associate (Seasonal) (Current Employee), OntarioApril 14, 2016
Pros: The people working there, success sharing
Cons: Safety shoes, 9hr shifts, low pay, schedule
Home Depot isn't for everyone. After being an associate for 5 years at the same store this is how I feel...

No flexibility in availability- you have to basically be full flex weekdays and weekends. Your schedule will be all over the place from 6am-11pm.

Pay isn't enough for what you do. I can say being there for 5 years and I barely make more than new associates coming in which isn't right as a full time employee.

Management varies - you'll have some good ones and some bad ones.

There isn't much appreciation for the hard work we put in every single day.

It's always lots of hard work but very little pay

Links