Home Depot
12,350 reviews

Home Depot Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
productive and a very fun work place
Shipping and Receiving (Current Employee), Etobicoke, ONMarch 27, 2015
Pros: free BBQ every 2 months
Cons: sometimes long nights
once i get to work i collect my paperwork and start unloading the trailers and checking merchandise to get it ready to be put away I learned how to operate different machines which i dirent no I no home depot got great management team every body gets along with one another. My co-workers are great great bunch of guys to have around we all get along with one another we see eye to eye. The hardest part of my job is sometimes when I'm alone i have to pickup heavy stuff from the ground and theres no one there to help The most enjoyable part of my job is my co-workers great bunch of guys love working with yhem
fun place
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Burlington, ONMarch 26, 2015
Pros: great people, lots of work activities, fun job all together
Cons: sometimes there is no one to ask for help, must make your own decisions
working cash may get boring at slow times.
lumber doors and garden cashes are very lonely
management is very good but must be self sufficient because there won't be someone around to ask questions all the time
returns was very busy made the time go by fast
good place to work
Sales (Current Employee), Squamish, BCMarch 25, 2015
I have been employed with this company for 8 years. I Have had the opportunity to move around in the company. There is always room to grow in this company
a survival job
Freight Team Associate / Night Crew (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 25, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: pt time & no flexibility
this is a survival job.
my co-workers are great & that helps for the reason. I am a people person & i get along with all of them
Receiving (Former Employee), Ancaster, OntarioMarch 24, 2015
Pros: Pay check
Cons: Lucky to get more than 20 days of work a week.
Too many managers not enough communication between them and the stuff.
Hardest part of the job for me was management contradicting not taking responsibility for their actions.
Best part of the job was how busy it kept me.
Fun workplace for students
Cashier/ Sales associate (Former Employee), Etobicoke, ONMarch 23, 2015
Pros: assisting customer
Cons: working outdoors depending on your department
I would recommend this company to students or those who need part time work. As a cashier, the hours were compatible with my life outside work. It is highly beneficial to work in a department such as seasonal or lumber.
A good working enviroment
Tool Rental Associate (Current Employee), Windsor, ONMarch 23, 2015
It tends to be busy during the summer, learnt a lot about common tool. The management is pretty good. Certain co-workers are good to work with, some are not.
I really enjoyed this job!
Project Coordinator/ Project Expeditor (Former Employee), Orillia, ONMarch 22, 2015
this was a great job! I had a lot of fun, and would be willing to go back and work there anytime! Best job I have ever had. management was awesome so was the staff
Terrible Place to work.
Merchandising Execution Team (Current Employee), Chatham, ONMarch 21, 2015
Pros: good benefits, hours, fellow co-workers
Cons: everything else
Worst Company I have every worked for. My job is a very simple cleaning job but always made to be like your saving the world. They love to drag everything out and make it more difficult than it should be. There is no respect for you from anybody there.
Summer Job
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Lloydminster, SKMarch 18, 2015
Summer job while away visitng family. Enjoyed working with co-workers and learning new skills.
Hardest part of the job was learning the various departments.
Great Place to work in Customer Service
Sales Associate (Former Employee), St. John's , NLMarch 18, 2015
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: heavy lifting
Worked in the lumber department while going to College helping customers select their building materials for their projects.
Terrible place
Tool Rental Associate (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCMarch 16, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: everything
Management does not know what they are doing. Everyone will tell you to do something different until you get fed up of their incompetence and quit
This is an Alright Place to Work
Cashier (Current Employee), Woodbridge, ONMarch 15, 2015
Pros: nice coworkers--it's like an extended family
Cons: customers are often rude and irritable, nothing works properly
I like my coworkers and enjoy working with them, but the management needs some serious improvement. Also, nearly everything needs to be updated because hardly any of the equipment we use in the store actually works. Half the time the Point of Sale system doesn't work or it freezes up in the middle of transactions. We don't even have the TAP option on our Point of Sale system. A lot of customers often complain about this. Home Depot is a multi-million dollar corporation. So why is it that we can't afford brand new equipment that ACTUALLY works? Most of the time I have to scan items multiple times before the scanner even recognizes the items. Come on. That's just sad.
Management people are fun to be with.
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMarch 15, 2015
Pros: free food
Cons: long hours
Typical day at work was helping customers with their needs in the store and making it a fun experience for them. I have learned so much from my co-employees to the managers like how different things work and how customer service should be a priority at the store. The people in the management were awesome since they treated everyone equally and nicely. My co-workers were great people and were very helpful as well. The hardest part of the job was learning the saw for at times it might not be the best you could do for a client. The most enjoyable was having food together with the employees at the store, it was a memorable experience wherein everyone gathers normally to enjoy each other's companies.
A place of learning and self improvement. Enjoyed the diversity.
Merchandising Execution Team (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 12, 2015
The schedule for the MET team was ideal. Monday through Friday - 6:00am - 2:30pm.

Our team consisted of a group of individuals that jelled well together.

Our department supervisor whipped us into shape but often with his tremendous Scottish humor.

During breaks there was often a deal of laughter which is always medicine for the soul
Home Depot is a great employer with a ton of opportunity for advancement if that's what your looking for.
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee), Coquitlam, BCMarch 12, 2015
Pros: get to wear jeans to work!
Cons: nights/weekends
Dynamic and friendly atmosphere. I work with amazing people both as customers or fellow associates.

If you are not afraid of a little hard work and rolling up your sleeves to give somebody a hand, then this is the workplace for you.

They have been very good to me and I feel supported and encouraged to achieve more and learn more.
My current job is something i like just not as a career
pack down crew (Former Employee), edmonton albertaMarch 12, 2015
My typical day at work is, me coming in 15 min early. Putting my boots on grabbing my scanner checking the pack down list and start to restock the shelves by the list. As im doing that my manager will let me know if any new stock has came in and ill deal with that as well as my list on a daily routine.
Helped teach how to do small in home repairs
Flooring and Decor associate (Former Employee), MississaugaMarch 10, 2015
Pros: lack of management
Cons: harsh work environment
Sales floor usually slow. Learned how to do small in home repairs. Lack of management presence in the sales floor. Associates must rely on each other for guidance. Work environment is harsh, a lot of climbing and lifting required for all assoctiates. A lot of downtime to walk around the store.
Excellent staff with great customer service.
Lumber Associate (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMarch 7, 2015
As a lumber associate I dealt with a lot of heavy lifting and big machinery, such as forklifts. I did not mind either of these. I thought they were both very educational and rewarding, especially learning all of the safety protocols around operating a forklift.
On a typical day I would complete lumber orders and help customers with their needs in store.
It was a lighthearted working environment, but also stressful at times. However I believe that this will make me a better worker in high stress situations in the future.
Great company to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Langley, BCMarch 7, 2015
Very strict recruiting process, great training, amazing coworkers, schedule is very variable and salary is competitive, great opportunities for growing in the long term.

1 2 3 4 5

About Home Depot

The Home Depot is the global leader in home improvement and fourth largest retailer in the world. Providing superior customer – Read more