Home Depot
13,078 reviews

Home Depot Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Lumber and Building Materials associate (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONMay 24, 2015
I would not recommend working at home depot. Management lacks severely and employees are not treated with respect or dignity. I did not enjoy working at home depot
Great Place
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONMay 23, 2015
• Kept an efficient goods-flow through warehouse
• Adhered to inventory control procedures and ordered shipments
• Coordinated internal communication and maintained related equipment
• Maintained logs and key figures
• Moved products in warehouse and prepared them for shipping
• Operate fork lift and reach and truck equipment to maneuver products within the warehouse in a safe and efficient manner
Great learning experience
Flooring Associate (Former Employee), Red Deer, ABMay 22, 2015
Pros: Good company to grow with if you have an opportunity to do so.
Cons: Keeping 70% of staff at part time status = no job security
I mostly enjoyed working for The Home Depot, but they can only have a certain percentage of staff at full time status, which left a lot of us part timers often lacking in hours due to over staffing. I thoroughly enjoyed all the knowledge and know-how I acquired over the four years I was employed by them. The most enjoyable part of my job was helping customers and always learning new information. The hardest part of my job was covering multiple departments at once especially when there was other departments I wasn't trained in. I made a lot of good friends at The Home Depot, and working there helped me be more open and less shy when talking to strangers.
My management style is innovative, creative, and flexible
Regional Services Manager (Current Employee), TorontoMay 22, 2015
Throughout my career, my ability to communicate effectively and build lucrative corporate relationships has allowed me to exceed all sales objectives. As a Regional Sales Manager I have obtained skills fundamental to achieving success. Additionally, my proven track record and ability to motivate, coach, and train sales representatives allows me to thrive in dynamic and fast paced environments.
Okay
Cashier/ Sales Associate (Current Employee), toronto, ONMay 21, 2015
Pros: People
Cons: Customers
Schedule not flexible at all. minimum wage too..
employees are good tho.
Really wish my manager was better.. but w hat do you expect from a 25 year old guy..
Nice atmosphere
Merchandising Execution Associate (Current Employee), MerchandiserMay 20, 2015
Very condradicting company
Fun place to work at
Very high volume on the weekends, dont realise that the went by so fast
They offer free lunches on the long weekends
Theres always a raffle
Productive and fun workplace
Over Night Freight Supervisor (Former Employee), Calgary 130 Ave SEMay 16, 2015
It's good place to work.I enjoyed working at Home Depot.
Very safety conscious and safe ,relaxed reliable job.
Nice co worker.
Sales associate
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Current Employee), Calgary, ABMay 14, 2015
Pros: None
Cons: poor wage & very little hours.
micro managing, minimum wage, 4 hrs week, management will yell at you in front of customers, discrimination from other associates & management and overall not impressed. Ever wonder why the have 4 job fairs year? The turnover rate from one store in Calgary has to be 10-15 quit every month.
Home Depot
Night Crew Associate (Former Employee), ChilliwackMay 14, 2015
Pros: Full time work, great co-workers, fun setting
Cons: low pay, small commute, inexperienced supervisers
At home depot I worked the night shift. Fulfillment is what the job was titled, but it was so much more. I was responsible for many the departments lumber, millworks, building materials. Because I was used to driving machines from my previous job I was able to pick up really quickly, most nights finishing all my jobs a few hours early. At that point I would go and move into the seasonal or garden center department and do fulfillment there.

Our supervisors were very nice but somewhat inexperienced in a warehouse. Because I had worked in a similar setting (Rona) my supervisor would ask me anything he was unsure of, such as where to place specific product on the upper level based on department and such.

My co-workers were great, easy to talk to, very supportive, the kind of co-workers you want when starting a new job.

Certifications: Narrow Aisle Reach, LPG Forklift, Electric Pallet Jack

The hardest part of the job was working all night for low pay.

The most enjoyable part of job was that I knew what to do each night and would be left alone so I could finish my jobs. That's the benefit of being on a small night crew. That and coffee.
It is a good place to work
contractor sales (Former Employee), West Vancouver, BC ,Airdrie AlbertaMay 14, 2015
Pros: profit-sharing, my work hours.
Cons: The store Managers don't have back ground in a store like that and it makes it hard sometimes.
I enjoyed working at Home Depot. The associates I worked with were great to work with and they made it a homey place to work.

The reason I left, I was offered a job in the oilfield.
working at home depot
Kitchen Designer (Current Employee), AirdrieMay 13, 2015
I enjoy being around customers and my co workers. I have taught myself to be kitchen designer. I enjoy it when customers bring my pictures of there finished kitchens
Good people and good environment
Electrical Sales Associate (Current Employee), Hamilton, ONMay 13, 2015
Pros: Easy, relaxed atmosphere, good management and coworkers
Cons: Pay, of course, is not the premium
Very safety conscious and safe, relaxed reliable job.
I have no complaints about the work environment or the people at all.

Currently I am just looking for something that pays a bit more.

The only hard part is it requires a bit of heavy lifting and a bit of physicality but is is a good job.
Busy
Cross Dock Night Shift Assistant Facility Manager (Former Employee), Concord, ONMay 13, 2015
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
Change has been good with this company and a lot of change in transportation department which has proven beneficial. It is a good place to be with room to grow
Coordinated and informative
Pro Account Sales Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 12, 2015
Pros: Pays more than competitors
Cons: Less hours during winter
Typical work day included coordinated shipments and restocking inventory levels. Selling and advising customers was also a part of the daily work routine.
Fun and interesting place to work
Cashier/Lumber associate/ Overnight freight (Current Employee), Whitby, ONMay 12, 2015
Pros: work incentives
Cons: not enough hours
hard working environment, helping customers comes first, nice co worker, hardest part of the job is putting up with customers that think they're always right, although i am excellent at handling such situations.
Was okay..
sales associate (Former Employee), Langley bcMay 11, 2015
Schedule not flexible at all. minimum wage too..
employees are good tho.
Great Place
PART-TIME / SUPPLEMENTARY EMPLOYMENT (Former Employee), Pickering, ONMay 9, 2015
Nice place to work, made lots of friends in the short time I have been there. Great bosses, great employees......I loved interacting with al the customers that came in.
A great place to work and learn new things.
Returns Associate (Current Employee), Langford, BCMay 8, 2015
Pros: Monthly birthday cakes, and pay day lunches for our social committee activies.
Cons: There are times there is not enough staff, (due to sick calls)
I enjoy meeting people, hearing about the projects they are doing and helping them get the right items needed.

I have learned about window covering, different types of flooring, the different paints that are out now, and plants.
Great atmosphere and effective team
Lumber Sales Associate (Former Employee), Oakville, ONMay 8, 2015
Pros: Good hours
Cons: Feel expendable
A typical day at work would include me creating a deck design for a customers and helping them price it out. Cleaning the isles and helping customers locate products, and cutting wood to specific measurements for customers. I learned a great deal about products and procedures related to my department from interacting with customers and the training provided. All of my peers staff were great to work with and hard workers except for a few. The management was generally good except for the fact they were not very assertive at some times and whether they were happy with performance was unclear at most times. The hardest part of the job for me was dealing with more then one customer at a time, and the most enjoyable part of my position was creating deck designs on the computer using the Home Depot software.
Excellent Team Culture
Head Cashier (Special Services Associate) (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABMay 6, 2015
Management and team members share the same philosophy of providing excellent customer service to customers. A great place to work for students.

1 2 3 4 5

About Home Depot

The Home Depot is the global leader in home improvement and fourth largest retailer in the world. Providing superior customer – Read more