Home Depot

Home Depot Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Very good place to work
Puckdown associate (Current Employee), Polo Park Winnipeg,MBJuly 2, 2015
Pros: sometime we have free lunch
Cons: Sometime it feel like a long night when is not busy
I always start my shift unloading trucks then stocking and cleaning in the earlier morning before store open. So many great people with great personalities
Professional, Productive, and Fun
Millwork Sales Associate (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 2, 2015
• Recipient of The Homer Award for recording an extremely accurate individual percentage, of 97.3%, of annual inventory and shrink prevention count for the Millwork Department
• Averaging a successful $59.7 dollars/hour in sales in the last fiscal quarter
• Processing clients credit history applications for The Home Depot Credit Card
• Designing various complex, detailed and unique blueprints of exterior, interior, patio, storm and garage doors, as well as windows and many other interior mouldings on a computer software application
• Creating quotes for various custom millwork related products and efficiently closing the sale
• Establishing installs for unique millwork related projects at a minimum cost of $ 2000 dollars in the last fiscal quarter, with a success rate of 90% in the last month
• Proactively seeking new customer relationships and understanding that customers are the main priority in successful and profitable business relations
Normal Day at Boston Pizza
Paint Associate (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJuly 2, 2015
I would arrive at work, get prepared in all my work attire. Get to the kitchen and see where my supervisor wanted me. Once i was put on a station I would prepare my station for the what was to come.
Productive, fun workplace
Delivery Coordinator (Former Employee), Cambridge, ONJuly 2, 2015
Pros: Free lunches, asset sharing program, benefits, fun workplace
Cons: some struggle with getting full hours
I found it easy to fit into the Home Depot team. Everyone was inviting and always looking to help. Would recommend to anyone I know
Get to work with so many different people with all different aspirations in life
HR/Staffing Coordinator, Operations Manager (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONJuly 2, 2015
Pros: Great collegues
Cons: Schedule
Home Depot is a great company - the co-workers are a wonderful bunch of people and there is constant room to meet more. I have made some wonderful friends and some great memories. Home Depot has shown me what I want to do in life as a career and that is Human Resources. It has been 13 years with them and I have learned a great deal about life, work experience and retail in general. It is a great place if you are a student looking to get through school or also for someone who is retired and looking to keep busy.
potential for growth
Supervisor (Former Employee), Brampton, ONJuly 1, 2015
Pros: fun culture
Cons: bringing work home
good place to grow if your new to merchandising or sales. lots of education and training for new associates. lots of responsibilities and customers to help. You wont get bored easily. Lots to learn.
Good company
Information System Support (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJune 27, 2015
Good company to work with. People at the company are very friendly and helpful. At the end of year, they had giving out a lot of surprise which is electronic, ticket for travelling to whoever a winner.
Productive Place
Cashier (Former Employee), 2375 steeles ave westJune 27, 2015
-Fast paced environment
-Stock up shelves
-Report to head cashier every two hours.
-Multi task as a Cashier
-Develop communication skills
Good company but theres favoritism
Cashier (Current Employee), calgary, ABJune 26, 2015
Pros: free food sometimes, nice collegues
Cons: no discount, favoritism
Very minimal advancement opportunity and really long hours. Micromanaged as cashier. Co-workers are friendly but some supervisors have favoritism.
Great place to work....
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Courtenay, BCJune 25, 2015
At the Home Depot I witnessed a company that takes great care of their staff, giving back to the community, and assisting individuals in furthering their future goals. I was thoroughly impressed and would recommend this job to those who are looking for a place to work with friendly staff and great incentives!
Another Horrible company
Shipper/Receiver/Picker (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJune 24, 2015
I was let go on the 89th of my 90 day probation period with no reason other than they just needed someone to get them through their busy period. I asked why i was being terminated and was told "we are not here to discuss that". I think in the managers office, being terminated is exactly where that should be discussed. Supervisor sent unsolicited emails to my personal account to ask for favours.
Busy and Fun
Special Services Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, OntarioJune 23, 2015
Pros: Great staff.
Cons: Retail Hours
Challenging job with many tasks and much responsibility. Fun work environment and always learning new things. A work environment that promoted empowerment which I think is awesome.
Fun and vibrant
Client Operations Coordinator - Execution (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONJune 23, 2015
As a contractor working out the home depot offices, it’s been like being part of a family. The fun and vibrant work environment and people make the work seem effortless. The easy access to Cross Functional teams to quickly resolve issues is great in achieving great customer service and overall execution quality.
Great People - Profit Sharing
Kitchen Bath Designer (Former Employee), St.AlbertJune 23, 2015
Work load was good
Co workers and management were great
Customer Service was top priority
Wonderful environment
Job was wonderful and positions in other departments were always available
Friendly atmosphere and a positive place to learn.
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee), toronto, ONJune 22, 2015
very good place to work at. Friendly atmosphere and a positive place to learn. I learned different ways to handle transactions and trouble shooting. the management team is very social and nice to everyone and if help is needed, they help instead of getting someone else.
great working enviroment friendly employees
Cashier (Current Employee), Calgary, ABJune 21, 2015
great customer service, you get to meet people that go into the store everyday.
customers first friendly environment
management is very understanding
great and friendly employees
nothing very hard as a cashier
seeing new people everyday

cashier home depot
home depot
Receiving clerk, Stock clerk (Former Employee), Oshawa, ONJune 20, 2015
it was a good job very stressful my co workers were really nice and very quick to help you out. it is a job that keeps you on your feet at all hours your getting payed so enjoy your lunch if your working the night shift .
Friendly and Productive Work Environment
Associate (Former Employee), Midland, ONJune 19, 2015
Pros: Approachable Management, Friendly staff, Flexible hours
Cons: Not many full-time opportunities, Lots of weekend working, Hours get cut back once you book off a couple days
As someone who has worked many customer service oriented jobs in the past, I find that Home Depot was my favourite customer service job thus far. Associates are hired in at more than minimum wage by a few cents, and each year receive a monetary raise - usually .25c. The employees are friendly and great to talk to. Interaction with [some] customers is great. Management is very approachable, although, sometimes when you need them they are either in a meeting or behind closed doors. For the labour-work required at Home Depot, I think the employees should be getting paid more than minimum wage - more than is already paid. For example, the Lot Associates, Garden Centre Associates, and most Department Associates deal with a lot of heavy lifting in order to help customers to ensure they are getting what they need. A computer-based program organizes the schedules for each associate, and is presented online for associates to view 3 weeks in advance. Associates are also able to book off days they need through an online portal. The only downside of booking days off is that the system that controls the schedules tends to cut your hours. For example, a part time associate will work between 30-38 hours a week. If they book off a day or two, their hours for a week could go down to 28-30 hours. Upon being hired, associates are informed that they will get every 4 weekends off (Friday-Sunday). There have been many instances where a handful of associates have been working every single weekend for the past 3 months in a row. Managament/H.R. should spend more time ensuring their associates are getting what they were guaranteed by tracking their shifts and spend less time holed up in their offices. Overall, I enjoyed working at The Home Depot in Midland. I will definitely reccommend this location to anyone looking for a job. I may just come back myself in the future.
Productive work
Employee (Former Employee), Ajax, ONJune 15, 2015
I would load vehicles with heavy items, ensure the store and working area is clean, including entrances and exits. I would also help stock items on shelves. My managers were fairly respectable and my co-workers always made sure to keep my going.
management
head cashier (Current Employee), Brampton, ENGJune 14, 2015
Great company to work with very supportive management lots to learn ....I love working with this company great experience so far good hours and very flexible with hours for part timers .. overall a great place to work at ...

1 2 3 4 5

About Home Depot

The Home Depot is the global leader in home improvement and fourth largest retailer in the world. Providing superior customer – Read more